Hanover Hotel London

Satisfaction Terrible

Rated 27% lower than similarly priced 3 star hotels

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo

Ok hotel

The Hanover hotel is located 5 minutes walk from victoria station and it's a very typical middle of the road London hotel.
    It's rated as a 3 star hotel, but i would call it a 2 star hotel myself.
    It had the price of a 2 star hotel though, so no complaints from my side there.

The rooms were basic, but ok sized and clean and the bathroom had a good standard.
    There was a small common room with cheap internet which is quite important for me.

They had an ok english breakfast with bacon, eggs, sussages and beans.
    The only thing to moan about there was the size of the breakfast room that was too small for all the clients they had.

All in all i was happy there though and would be happy to go back there for another stay.

Unique Quality: Good location and good value for money.

Directions: 5 minutes walk from Victoria station.

• Pleasant Surprise

The hotel is nothing fantastic, but for the price was really a good value - clean, quiet, comfortable. The room was small and we were on the top floor, but we were only there for one night and considering our harrowing experience at the Nanford Guest House in Oxford (THE worst accomodations on the planet - read the reviews) it was really very nice to stay in this quaint little room and enjoy an adequate breakfast in the morning.

Unique Quality: Good value for the price considering the location.

• A Veritable S**thole

Tiny, cramped rooms. Filled to the brim with beds to ensure maximum number of guests. We had one triple room in the basement (musty, damp cellar smell), one of those bathrooms where you can sit on the toilet (after reassembling the seat) and rest your arms on the sink while trying to keep the shower curtain off your face. No soap to shower with anyway. Other family members had the same set-up in their room on the fifth floor, yet the toilet was in a plywood box against the wall in the middle of the room between the beds. Their toilet obviously had not been cleaned for many a moon and had that "train station toilet" stench about it. Beds came with their own "plastic pee sheets" underneath to ensure an uncomfortable night. Breakfast was simple but ok, breakfast room again very full and cramped, with tables in the doorways and half into the kitchen. Hotel corridors filled with rolled-up carpets, paint pots, ironing board, etc. etc... a veritable s**thole. Go elsewhere.

Directions: location good - but that's its only good point.

More about Hanover Hotel London

Warning do not stay at this hotel!!

We are from Hawaii and we tend to be pretty laid back but this was a terrible experience.
I reserved a room at this hotel 6 months in advance. When I arrived in London after a 22 hour flight . I was desperate to get in my room. They started to check me in and then the clerk noticed that my room was only $70 pounds. He told me they would never confirm a reservation at ths rate! And yet, I was holding a confirmed reservation e-mail from them. Then he told me they didn't have any more rooms . But they had a hotel across town that they could give me a room in . I was so exhausted I took it. But I was far away from all the sights of London as it was on the outskirts of town(Kinda seedy). (And I had no car.) The next day they came and picked me up and took me back to the Hanover hotel. I almost wish they would have left me at the other place. The rooms at Hanover are really cramped and my room was at the top of a very narrow stairway. I kept thinking geez, I hope they don't have a fire.

I can honestly say I don't have one good thing to say about this hotel.
There were bugs in my room.
The staff was incredibly rude
They tried to charge me for an extra day when I checked out a day early!!!
They are everything you don't want in a hotel.

Not that bad!

I inadvertently booked this hotel without reading the reviews on this site. I booked it through a last minute accommodation site. We find England (London particularly) grossly overpriced for the quality of just about anything. I say this as in our country you can get a room in a five star hotel for the same price that we paid for this hotel!
The Hanover Hotel, compared to a couple we have stayed in previously in London, was a welcome relief. This could have been because we were expecting it to be REALLY bad after reading the reviews. A porter carried our suitcase to our room for us and the staff were very friendly and chatty unlike a previous one where we were lucky to get a grunt. So all in all not that bad.

Awful

Truly awful. By far the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. I am a non-smoker and the room stank of smoke. The radiator couldn't be turned off and it was ridiculously hot. The en-suite was a tiny plastic pod in the corner. The shower curtain was hanging half-off and had what looked like a blood streak on it. To add insult to injury I have come home covered in bites! Be very very wary of booking this hotel and indeed the Blair Victoria as this is where I had my reservation but they sent me round the corner to the Hanover.

Terrible Accommodation

The hotel lounge gives the appearance of a well kept hotel. However, the room was absolutely awful. To list a few issues we had: the curtains were ripped and stained, the walls had cracks in them, the linen was dirty and unsanitary, and the "double" room that we booked had simply two old, springy single beds pushed together. We had to share one single bed because the other was so uncomfortable.

Although this accommodation was very inexpensive by London standards, it was definitely not worth the bad experience. We do not recommend this hotel to anyone, even if you're looking for cheap accommodation!

A disgusting dump

The 3 "gentlemen" at the reception desk, slumped in their chairs can't even be bothered looking at you. They must be used to customer outrage.
After reserving online with c.c I paid cash on arrival. They did not give me a receipt, I had to ask for one. Then had to ask him to sign it and write "paid cash".
I am shocked when I see the room; its no bigger than a walk-in closet. The carpet is heavily stained, the walls smudged with dirt. The bed springs dig into your back. The blanket has holes in it. The drawers are falling apart. You have to be a limbo dancer to get in and out of the shower.
I don't make a habit of complaining, but this is outrageous. I ask to see the manager and tell him I wouldn't keep an animal in this room. He assures me that "no animals are allowed in this hotel"! Could have fooled me!
He tells me this is a heritage-listed hotel. I am supposed to be impressed by this. He feels that this in itself justifies the 60-odd pounds. They refuse to refund my money.
Do not even consider staying here.

Very Bad Service & Accomodations

Just returned March 26th, 2005.

Booked this one thru a very good travel agent. When we arrived they did not have a record of our reservation. After providing them with a copy of the confirmation from the Travel Agent they ran around for several minutes and then gave us a room in the Attic. When we finally got to the room it was still occupied. They then agreed that they had made a mistake and did not have a room for us that night. They did send us around the corner to another hotel which was even worse.

We went back to the Hanover the next morining. They had a room but it was not ready. THey offered to store our luggage and take it up to our room when it was ready. Well surprise, surprise this did not happen. Our bags were still sitting in their storage area when we returned.

The room was small, the sanitary facilities even smaller. If you have ever been on a cruise ship you will understand when I say that the shower was even smaller. The floor sagged and on and on. This is NOT a good place to stay at any price.

Go somewhere else!

This is the most dirty and crappy hotel I've never seen! They shown 4 different rooms and all of them were disgusting and dirty. I've not even spent a night and I had to pay 1 night since I was complaining about the rooms and left. Go somewhere else!!

Comments