5-25 Harrington Gardens, South Kensington, London, SW7 4JW, United Kingdom

Hotels.com Agoda.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Britannia2's Profile Photo

Spain comes to Kensington

A Spanish hotel chain operate this hotel and the signage is generally in English and Spanish.
    This is a wonderful hotel that has to be the cleanest hotel I have ever seen anywhere I have been - wonderful , friendly staff from the cleaners to the head waiter do all they can to make your stay an enjoyable one.
    The rooms are large and well equipped and standards are high. Food in the restaurant through the day is a buffet style facility and the breakfasts are very good.
    The restaurant is very underused at night , possibly because of its high prices and the availability of cheaper and plentiful places to eat in Gloucester Road but the menus are inventive and the food excellent.
    The one downside is that air companies use this hotel for their staff and people are coming and going at all times - it was not uncommon to hear doors bang through the night.

Directions: Walk out of Gloucster Road underground station and walk forwards - stay on this side of the road and Harrington Gardens is second on the right. About 3 minutes. A 49 bus stops locally.

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Priceline 4* Kensington

2nd stay September 2010

Once again I used Priceline to bid for a hotel room in London this time bidding 4* in Kensington/Earl's Court, in May 2009 I got this hotel for $75 plus tax, this time wasn't as cheap at $105US plus tax but still better than straight out booking a hotel. It's a couple of blocks from the Gloucester tube station which is very convenient from Heathrow on the Piccadilly line, no transfers(40-45 minutes), and is also a District and Circle line stop.

I was here for 5 days on this trip, check in was pleasant and they allowed us to go to the room before check in time, check out was quick.

There are more and more shops and restaurants every time we stay in this area, a branch of Nando's and several other nicer looking restaurants within a block of the hotel, there's a large Waitrose grocery store next door to the tube station and a 24 hour Tesco on Gloucester Road. This website has a listing of some of the other places to eat, drink and be merry in the area.

There is a small business center, you can ask at the front desk for a voucher for 15 minutes of internet access, honestly I found it more frustrating than useful as it was slow and the 15 minutes up too quickly.

Unique Quality: Room-while not the biggest room I've stayed at in the 4* category, it was also not the smallest. The double bed was two twin beds pushed together, it was reasonably comfortable with down comforters and ample pillows. The room had a trouser press, iron and ironing board, mini bar, room safe, hair dryer, TV and air conditioning. We couldn't use the mini bar refrigerator but I believe that was because we didn't leave a credit card number.

Bathroom-shower had plenty of hot water, toiletries included fancy orange and green soap, bath gel and shampoo, decent towels and a heated towel rack.

The only minor complaint I have is that the cleaning staff moved a whole bunch of my stuff the 1st time they cleaned from the night stand to the desk, I don't know why they felt compelled to move it.

Directions: 2 blocks from the Gloucester tube station, turn right out of the station and then right again on Harrington Gardens and it's on the 1st block

• SueWarwick's Profile Photo

Very nice hotel!!

I got this hotel as part of a concert/hotel package and I was very impressed!
    Not the cheapest place you can stay but rooms are huge, comfortable and it is handy for parts of Hyde Park
    Altohugh, as I later found out, a bit of a distance from the area of the park where concerts are held.

Rooms are equiped with tea/coffee making facilities, tv , air con and an iron (handy and not found to often!)

Check in and out was quick and easy.

Unique Quality: Its the sort of hotel where the main doors are held open for you by a memeber of staff as you enter and leave the builing and you can have fresh salmon for breakfast.
    You get the idea!

Directions: Head down Queens gate to the lights, take a right and follow the round down a while. The hotel is on the left (flags outside)

• gordonilla's Profile Photo

Enjoyable temporary home

I have stayed over at the hotel several times, as there are many courses held in the conference facilities of the hotel.

The rooms are large, spacious, warm and welcoming.

Unique Quality: The restuarant is fine, but you may find it is not busy - this is due to being located where it is and many guests dine out. Being so close to the underground travelling further into the central area is a good option for dining. In addition around about the underground station there are many excellent restaurants.

The bar always seems busy as does the lounge.

Directions: near to gloucetsre Road Tube Station

• kazander's Profile Photo

Harrington Hall

Harrington Hall was a lovely place to stay. Very pleasant accomodations. The rooms were simple, yet decorated very nicely and very comfortable. A continental breakfast was also included.

More about Harrington Hall Hotel

Nothing Works at The Harrington Hall Hotel

Stayed for two nights, September 2-3, 2004. Staff was rude and indifferent. Nothing works -- first room the door lock was broken. Second room, bathtub did not have a stopper in the drain (not a big deal unless you really want a bath!) and the AC did not work (a big deal, especially since the windows could not be opened). The third room -- the phone did not work. The staff, including the manager was rude. They must have a lot of problems since most clients in the hotel were complaining about one thing or another. The breakfast was not inlcuded and was very expensive.
Great area - but stay elsewhere where they appreciate your business!

Exciting trip! Had a good time. Harrington Hall was very nice.

Kim, my travel agent with AAA did a great job on my trip. I thoroughy enjoyed the trip with Trafager
Tours. Kim picked a great location for me to stay &
Harrington Hall was fun. Most people at the hotel
were very helpful. I had a good time!

Super Hotel

Stayed at Harrington Hall on April 9 & 10, 2004. This is a lovely hotel. It had the best hotel shower I have ever had. Lots of little comforts make this hotel a wonderful place to stay. I would recommend it to anybody.

Clean, Quiet and convenient

We spent 9 nights here in July, with a room on the top floor at the back. We found the room to be well appointed, clean, comfortable and quiet and our stay there was very enjoyable. The location was excellent with the Gloucester tube station around the corner and many restaurants within walking distance. We had friends staying a few blocks away and were comfortable walking in the area at all hours. Hyde Park, Natural History Museum, Albert & Victoria Museum all within blocks. We found the staff to be very accommodating and friendly. Overall, our experience at Harrington Hall was very good and I would stay there again with no hesitation.

Would definitely stay again.....

by TripAdvisor Member MBJ3

Just returned from a 6 night stay at Harrington Hall. Absolutely loved it! Able to check in early, which was very welcomed after an overnight flight from the US. Hotel was elegant; lovely facade, doorman, polished brass elevator (lift) doors, warm and inviting lobby, elegant (and large) off lobby bathroom, and pretty restaurant. Rooms were very nicely furnished with a victorian motif, and very clean. Bed mattresses appeared new and very comfortable. Marble bathrooms with towel warmer were especially nice, and shower had good water pressure. Only initial problem was with AC on arrival. Room was hot and stuffy, and AC did not seem to be woking poperly. A phone call promptly brought an engineer to the room, however the AC did not seem to work any more efficiently. Had to make another call, which again was answered promptly, and the second"engineer" was able to get AC running fine. Did not encounter lines at breakfast, no matter what time. Continental breakfast was adequate, and wait staff efficient and polite. Safe and pleasant location, close to several attractions and 2 short blocks to Glouster Rd. tube station. Hotel staff all pleasant, respectful and helpful. Concierge(Eddie) absolutely teriffic! Had the patience of a saint, polite, extremely helpful, and had a good sense of humor. Able to book several attractions directly from hotel, which saved time from having to stand on a que. Hotel was quiet at night, and I was pleasantly surprised, after having read several mixed reviews prior to going to London. It was a great experience, felt like a "boutique" hotel, and I would definitely return to Harrington Hall.

Great location and room - but the staff left something to be desired

by TripAdvisor Member deblemint

Overall, we enjoyed our stay at Harrington Hall. We flew in from Rome, and the relatively quiet and elegant Harrington Road was a welcome change. First the positive - the room was comfortable and tastefully decorated, with every amenity, and the doormen were helpful and friendly. Continental breakfast was included (a limited variety of cooked selections was available for an extra charge). The concierge was adequate, though not overly helpful. We were able to buy tickets for the bus tour and some attractions at the hotel, which helped us avoid some of the long queues. The Gloucester Road Underground station was just a two minute walk from our hotel. London was unseasonably warm during our April 2004 stay and, unfortunately, so was our room. At night, the temperature in our room was 78 degrees Farenheit. Since we were on the first floor, I was leery of sleeping with the window open. The staff were unresponsive to our requests to adjust the temperature. I overheard another guest with the same complaint. We had a couple of issues with the reception desk, including a very confused staff member at checkin, and being rushed along when checking out. We requested a one hour checkout extension from the reception desk. They did not respond to our request, but did approve it when we asked again. Unfortunately, the front desk and maid kept phoning us that morning asking when we planned to leave, even though we had made specific arrangements just the day before. Aside from the incompetent reception staff and sauna-like room temperature, this was a great hotel in an excellent location.

by vade27

Hi,

I'll be in London at the end of December. It's my first time there so understandably I'm rather excited about it all. Anyway, I'm booked into the Harrington Hall Hotel in South Kensington. Just wondering if anyone has stayed there before, and can offer some comments about the place, like its standard, location, etc.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Harrington Hall Hotel

by zuriga

Out of curiosity, I looked up this place on the web. I used to stay right next door and know that area very well. It's a great location, and I think that hotel had a different name a few years ago. I can't say much about the rooms, but I'd guess it's been fixed up some. As I said, it's a great neighborhood and within walking distance of the South Ken museums and one block from the Tube.

Re: Harrington Hall Hotel

by u572108

I was thinking of staying there as well in March. Did you get a good deal? Where did you book it through? Thanks.

Comments