Hilton Green Park Hotel London

Hilton London Green Park
Agoda.com Booking.com Priceline.com

Costs 59% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Djinn76's Profile Photo

Alternative to the Sheraton in Green park!

Objectively, this hotel is pretty similar to the Hilton Euston where I staid the week earlier. It is also located in an old existing building and I also got a tiny room with a single bed across the wall.
    While I was completely dissatisfied last week, I was really pleased this week. What made that difference? Simply the service!! When I arrived a young and inexperienced receptionist checked me in. At some point he asked me if I was interested in any newspaper. It was not really the case but after some hesitation, I finally asked the Time. Seeing I was only mildly motivated, he ran the extra mile and proposed me a French newspaper!! I didn't even know they had "Le Monde"! Well, obviously they don't or it has never arrived the day after!! Anyway, no big deal, this is the intention…
    Another nice thing, as in Manchester, they also proposed breakfast voucher for 10& (instead of the usual 20-25& they are usually overcharging!)

Talking about that breakfast, it was a usual Hilton buffet: typically very nice! What turned it into an outstanding experience was again the service. The clerks were all smiling and kept proposing their help.
    Since the hotel is located in a small street perpendicular to Piccadily street, I suppose all the rooms are pretty quiet. Mine (443) being located at the back of the hotel was particularly quiet! The view was not even too bad, being on the fourth floor, it was overlooking the roofs of the area…

I've also appreciated the fact a bottle of water was complimentary for Hilton members, not a terribly big value (even if 3-4& otherwise!) but again it is all about feeling welcome.

Directions: In the Mayfair area.

• remymartin00's Profile Photo

Good value in Piccadilly

When in London, I always stay at the Hilton Green Park Hotel on Half Moon Street. It is an excellent choice for business and leisure. I particularly enjoy popping round the corner to 'Ye Old Grapes' in Sheperd's Market and visit the many restaurants in that pedestrian hidden gem of a place.

• gugi66's Profile Photo

Hilton London Green Park

We arrived about 11 am and the check in time was 3pm they took our bags for storage and whitin one houer they would have our room ready, they eaven upgraded us to a bigger room. The service was outstanding only happy faces worked there.

Unique Quality: Close to almost all atractions and shopping streets.

Directions: In the Mayfair area, between Hyde Park corner and Piccadilly circus.

• iaint's Profile Photo

Enjoyed it

Stayed several times, and it was always fine. Quiet street leading off Piccadilly.

Its close to the Piccadilly Line, so before the Heathrow Express, it was convenient. Green Park is just at the end of the street, so handy if you want to run, go for a walk or see Buck House. Hyde Park is just round the corner.

Just checked it on the internet and found its a Hilton now. Makes sense. That was the level of quality when I used it.

Unique Quality: Location.

More about Hilton Green Park Hotel London

GREAT Location...... GREAT Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member xDAMOx

Stayed here August bank holiday.

Cannot fault the place in anyway whatsoever. Rooms are excellent, good size, comfortable beds & a nice size bathroom. The dinner was absolutely SUPERB and for breakfast so many choices. The location is brilliant, just off Piccadilly opposite Green Park in a nice quiet street. Green Park tube station is a 3min walk.

Cannot understand the not so positive reviews left.

Really Dissapointed the Second Time Around.

by TripAdvisor Member melbwaikikilover

This is the second time I have stayed in this hotel and the second time I have written a review. My first review listed here raves about the hotel, however 11 months later I can now only complain. I arrived from Australia as we do early in the morning, however, had paid for the night before to ensure check in at 8am. I told the girl at reception (who refused to make eye contact with me)what a wonderful stay I had had 11 months ago and if I could possibly have the same room or at least the same type. The answer was no!! You did not book that type of room was the answer. She was not at all helpful, yet I was booked in for 7 nights. I went to the tiny room and found no towels,the computer connection broken and then the fire alarms kept going off. I unpacked and went straight to a meeting. When I returned i asked again saying that as the computer connection was not working, that I could not stay in the room. She agreed to move me , to the same size room. I had to repack and move myself. The hallways are grubby and the whole place has really gone down-hill in 11 months. I have recommended this hotel to so many people, but NOT ANY MORE. The hotel staff are not interested in making your stay enjoyable at all.
Having said all that, the location is fantastic.

Cosy, well-located town house hotel

by TripAdvisor Member ORC

Hotel enjoys great location close to Piccadilly (the west end thereof) and (with a little zig-zagging) isn't far from Bond and Regent Streets either. Has a cosy feel to it and the staff are friendly. Breakfast is pretty good buffet fare though it isn't up to Hilton Park Lane standard as it doesn't have an optional a la carte menu (but your room is more expensive in the bigger HPL). Standard rooms in the hotel are on the small side and I was surprised to find no minibar - just tea/coffee making facilities. Just a bit of a pain to have to order a diet coke from room service! No in-house gym so had to go to HPL for that but again a function of its smaller size. I was in the front and can't say I noticed the noise. PS Why do some folks think they merit a room at a higher level than the one they paid for and then complain about it afterwards (see negative comment a few back)? I had no problem with any aspects of the housekeeping service. All in all I enjoyed the stay and would recommend.

Comments