South Quay,Marsh Wall, Marsh Wall, London, United

Hotels.com Priceline.com Booking.com

Costs 74% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo

Hilton Hotel - Canary Wharf

In December 2008 I stayed 5 nights in the Hilton Hotel Canary Wharf on business.

My room was very spacious and equipped with all amenities that you would expect from a hotel in this class. Among them were a flat screen TV, free bottled mineral water and plenty of Crabtree & Evelyn toiletries.

The buffet style breakfast was served in the Cinnamon Restaurant and Bar in the same building. It consisted of a large selection of bread, cereals, full cooked breakfast, various fresh fruits and much more. Free newspapers were offered as well. The staff was always friendly and helpful.

I booked my double room for single use online for 126 GBP. This was one of the lowest available rates and it included breakfast.

DIRECTIONS:
    The Hilton Hotel Canary Wharf is situated in the heart of London's Canary Wharf business district. The DLR Station South Quay is just in front of the building. The nearest tube station is Canary Wharf (Jubilee line) which can be reached in about 10 minutes on foot from the hotel. A taxi to London Liverpool street station sets you back about 18 GBP.

More about Hilton London Canary Wharf

My New Fave London Haunt!

by TripAdvisor Member Squonkie

All I can say is WOW!

I have had the pleasure of staying in a selection of 4 and 5 star hotels in London over the past year and the Hilton Canary Wharf is by far my favourite. I booked a Junior Suite via the hotel website and I must say the room was amazing. It is huge with the most comfortable bed I have slept in for ages. I sampled room service twice. Once in the evening and also breakfast. Both were very tasty, well presented and very quick to arrive. My only minor quibble was that the water in the shower and bath ( they are seperate btw) did not get as warm as I would like. I did leave feedback to this affect on checkout and I got a nice phone call from the manager on my return to speak to me about it. Finally the location is fab. Right beside South Quays DLR stop and 5 mins walk from Canary Wharf tube stop.

Fab place

Awesome hotels, but uncomfortable rooms

by TripAdvisor Member SteveDirect

The hotel has to be one of the cleanest, stylist, best positioned hotels in London if you need the docklands. As soon as you walk through the door you are greated by efficient and courteous staff looking to meet your every needs. The lobby and restaurant area immediatly open up in front of you, and show a new class of style and elgance some of the older Hiltons lack.

The rooms are also exceptionally well laid out, very spacious, and stylish. However this is where the stay for me falled short. The rooms have no opening windows, and with a choice of air conditioning or over heating, you are very limited in what choice you have. The air conditioning is particular drying and makes the room uncomfortable to be in.

The bed was also a massive disappointment. Having stayed at this hotel on many occassions as a sole occupant, the beds are extremely comfortable. However when sharing with my wife, the bed lacks all independnce in its spring and cushioning, to a point where any small movement by one, was felt by the other.

The hotel took my complaint on board, and where courteous enough to refund part of my stay. That said, no amount of compensation covers having to sleep on the floor in a room where the air is also so dry you end up awake most of the night.

I still state that this is one of the best located hotels in the docklands, and I would consider it again, but only as sole occupant.

Not great for light sleepers

by TripAdvisor Member EssexPrincess

Stayed in an exec twin room on the 11th floor. Nice hotel, clean and modern room decor. Bed very comfortable. Bathroom average. Whilst being located so close to the DLR is an advantage for travelling the disadvantage is the sound of the DLR echoing around the hotel until late and from early in the morning. The main air conditioning in the room is also quite noisy.

Restaurant is very nice though.

Fantastic views

by TripAdvisor Member Mrs_hard_to_please

We booked this hotel because of the excellent deal available which included a half price room for children under 18 on the same terms. We upgraded to an executive room (£123 instead of £89 standard), so that our chidren could have a twin. We had some difficulties with the call centre and paying the deposit, but our problems ended there.

The hotel is easy to find and we were checked in quickly and efficiently, although we arrived earlier than the specified time one of our rooms was ready, and the other wasn't long.

Rooms were spotless, staff were friendly and food good. Our deal included dinner on the first night - this was from a set menu with three choices for each course and was good value.

The executive rooms come with access to the executive lounge where you can enjoy afternoon tea and pre dinner drinks and canapes (inluded in room rate) and there is a fantastic view across London from here - with the key sights etched on the windows. Breakfast can also be taken in the lounge and although it states continental, there was also bacon, scambled eggs, sausage mushrooms and tomotoes available. If this isn't enough you can still use the main dining room. The lounge also has a couple of pCs for internet access and free wireless access. Soft drinks and tea/coffee are available all day

Good value, Good location

by TripAdvisor Member yorweb

Booked a two night stay including breakfast both days and evening meal on first night for £179.

Evening meal was absolutely awful, supposedly nouveau cuisine but simply an excuse to serve minute portions of tasteless food.

However everything else was great and in contrast to the evening meal, the buffet breakfast was fantastic. Room very nicely decorated, 11th floor had great panoramic view from Greenwich to Crystal Palace.

The location is also good just yards from South Quay DLR station. From here you can get into central London quickly.

Modern and Excellent Customer Service

by TripAdvisor Member Leeds_Visitor

We arrived by Docklands Light Railway (DLR) on Friday night on 9th March for a weekend break in London, Hilton is right next to the South Quay DLR station.

Checking in was very efficient, upon arrival on the ground floor at the reception, we were warmly greeted and informed that we had been upgraded to an executive room. We were then directed to the 14th Floor where the receptionist had already got our reservation details and checking-in form ready. We were very impressed with the efficient service and the receptionist attention. They do really know the true meaning of excellent customer service.

Our room was on the 13th Floor with a very good view of the Canary Wharf and the Docklands. It was an executive room with generous space and all the extras you ever needed for your stay. It had an oversized comfortable bed with plenty of cushions, pillows and light quilt. The bathroom had a separate shower cubicle as well as the bath tub with one wall fully covered with mirror, a variety of toiletries were available for the guests. The decor of the room was modern, practical, airy and bright with large desk for work and a separate cupboard for the flat screen TV and Tea/Coffee making facilities. The room also had a small glass table for the complimentary bottle waters with a separate small swivel low level sofa and a foot rest for the relaxing moments.

We booked our stay on the Hilton's own website with a special weekend deal including dinner on the first night. The restaurant was on the ground floor, both the food and the service were excellent, the staff had the right attitude in customer service, well trained and very polite. The meal was not the standard Hilton’s buffet dinner, but a properly selection from the restaurant’s menu. It also had a good selection of wine on the wine list. The food was well presented and very well prepared by this hotel’s chef, it was of high quality both in terms of taste and presentation. The hotel is a non-smoking hotel which can only mean good clean air, but any smoker will have to go outside the building for their “re-charging”.

Breakfast was the usual excellent Hilton buffet breakfast with a variety of English cooked breakfast, continental breakfast and various selections of fresh fruit, cereal, bread and even some unusual oriental snacks (tofu, seaweed, spring onion etc). The breakfast was included in the deal, the quality of the food and service of the staff were both very high.

Make the best use of the Executive Lounge if you are in an executive room, it is on the 14th top floor with a stunning view of London and complimentary drinks and cakes. You can use the Internet and office facilities, I actually drafted this review on one of their desktop computers that were available for guests.

One negative point of this otherwise excellent hotel was the noise from the DLR railway, even on the 13th floor, I could still hear it whenever a train passed through especially when it was quite at night. However, the DLR stopped running not long after midnight, so we still managed to get a good night sleep. Given its convenient location, this was a small price to pay. The DLR was a little slow and infrequent compare to the Underground; we therefore took the 5 minutes walk across the bridge to the Canary Wharf Underground station. The underground train was fast and it was very frequent and this took us to the centre of London around 15 minutes on the Jubilee Line.

This was one of the best hotels I had stayed in so far, Hilton has so far lived up to our expectation, I can highly recommend this to anyone who is staying in London. Although it is not located centrally, but I like the Canary Wharf area, it is peaceful with excellent views away from the busy centre.

Nice place, no sleep..

by TripAdvisor Member Rocker562

Writing this after my second night of terrible sleep. The first I will blame on jet lag, the second is due to the bed. Hard as a rock, no sheet, just a comforter that makes you too hot when on, and too cold when off.
The rest of the hotel is nice, good staff, great bar/restaurant. From looking at the other reviews, I would recommend booking a suite, as those folks seemed to like the beds.
The hotel is very close to the Canary Wharf tube station, as well as an underground mall. Other than that, mainly businesses. I wouldn't suggest staying here when traveling for pleasure, I prefer something in the middle of town.

Absolutely Spot On

by TripAdvisor Member mister.c.

Stayed for two nights direct with the Hotel and paid £197 for double room, breakfast both days & dinner on the first day. This represented excellent value for an excellent stay and I thank the previous reviews in Tripadvisor for directing me towards this superb new hotel.

I'd recommend looking through the previous reviews which basically tells it how it is. The hotel is in Canary Wharf (not surprising given the Hotel's name!l) so if you must be next to a specific thing in London and this is not convenient for that, then it may not be the hotel for you. However, it is a little harsh to hold the hotel's location against it; surely that's something you investigate, prior to organising accommodation.

As Canary Wharf goes it is excellently located close to two tube lines (5 min walk to Jubilee, 1 min walk to DLR). As others have said, the hotel is next to the DLR and there is some outside noise, which may or may not offend you. Usually this does with me (light sleeper) - therefore I rang the hotel in advance and requested (and received) a room on the far side of the hotel and the noise was very minimal and did not, thankfully offend me. Mind you if you are on a low floor and on the wrong side, I'm sure the noise would have offended me.

The food - excellent breakfast as always. The dinner on the first night was much better than expected given previous comments; you get at least three choices of starters, main and deserts, and my other half & I really enjoyed this. The restaurant is modern and a pleasant place to eat in.

The room - excellent again which should be expected given the newness of the hotel. More floor space than I usually find and all in an excellent state of repair. Gowns, iron & board, tea, coffee, toiletries, water, comfy chair, lcd tv etc; the rooms are well appointed. And for the bed - well again i was a little wary given previous comments and my enjoyment for my own bed. But we could not find any fault with it at all - two very good nights sleep in a comfy bed with comfortable pillows and duvet.

And an excellent touch - a 5pm checkout. With the Hilton 2 night deal (with dinner on first night), you can request up to 6pm checkout, which enabled us to make something of the Sunday and then freshen up before our journey home. Again, I confirmed this in advance of booking direct with the hotel and there was no issues at check in with this request.

Service again was something I couldn't find fault with and overall this is likely to become my hotel of choice for London. The slight compromise of being a little out of the Centre (though well served for transport links) with the quality you receive for your money fits what i want from a hotel and I really enjoyed my stay.

A wonderful find

by TripAdvisor Member Raylin08

Spent a couple of days here over Easter. Had a suite so were able to take advantage of the executive lounge on 14 floor.
Throughout the hotel the staff were very efficient, polite and helpful. Our junior suite was very large and had spectacular views overlooking the Thames with London in the distance.
Everywhere was spotless. Our standard Hilton break included dinner on the first night which was more than adequate for a freebie. We have stayed in Hilton Docklands across the water before but never again as this place knocks spots off it.
It costs £15 per 24 hours to park the car which we considered very reasonable for London. It was also nice to have all the shops and the boat to the City on your doorstep. All in all a brilliant find and one which we will be back to often. The Easter egg on the pillow was a lovely touch!!!!

Comments