Hilton London Gatwick Airport

South Terminal, Gatwick Airport, Lowfield Heath, West Sussex, RH6 0LL, United Kingdom

Booking.com Hilton Expedia.com

Satisfaction Average

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 45% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• dustmon's Profile Photo

Hard beds, Bad service

I stayed here overnight to catch an early morning flight back to USA---requested a king size bed (internet booking) and got a queen----would not have been so bad except the mattress was set on top of slats---no foundation or box spring at all.....This made for a very uncomfortable night. I filled out the form when I left, and gave it to an employee at the desk, fully describing my discomfort, and got no response whatsoever from Hilton. Guess I won't be staying with them anytime soon!

Unique Quality: Located next to Gatwick Airport, but there are B&B's close by, which may be better for some.

• pharm1's Profile Photo

Hilton at Gatwick Airport

A pleasant hotel with nice facilities and restaurants within Gatwick airport complex. I was a bit surprised to find the lack of English speaking personnel especially at the front desk. Otherwise a fine experience.

Unique Quality: Work out center within complex. Happy hour at bars with complimentary snacks. Many varieties of draught beer.

More about Hilton London Gatwick Airport

very poor

Stayed at this hotel for one night after a late flight arrival.I found this hotel to be very over priced,we arrived around midnight traveling with an infant (no cot availible) we asked reception for a small glass of cold milk for our son we were charged £6.00 we had no choice but to accept this as it was for the child also £50 for breakfast for two.Overall we found the hotel to be showing its age bedrooms very basic and cramped ,mould around the bath and w/c ,we stayed at the other hotel adjoining the north termial on our way out two weeks before and found that to be of a much higher standard an far better value we will never use the hilton gatwick again!

Memories of the past

by TripAdvisor Member Insightful

I stayed in the Hilton London Gatwick several years ago. At the time, it was perfectly adequate for my needs, both clean and well-maintained. I was a little surprised to read the more recent tripadvisor reviews, many of which are highly critical of the hotel. There's no doubt that most people probably choose this hotel for its convenience and ease of access to the airport. It's great to sleep in a hotel which is literally five minutes walk away from the check-in desks at Gatwick. What worries me, however, is that the Hilton London Gatwick appears to be trading on its reputation for proximity to the airport and - because it will always have a captive audience of travellers who are only too happy to avail of its facilities - it does not need to provide the comfortable rooms with crisp n' clean duvets and high calibre service which you find in most of the Hilton hotels throughout the world.

May I make a suggestion to the management of the Hilton London Gatwick ? I would suggest that one of them should fly out to the Hilton Hotel in Durban, South Africa and stay in one of the executive rooms on the upper floors of that hotel. The South Africans really understand the meaning of the word service. From their front desk staff through to the charming staff in the Club Lounge on the sixteenth floor, they focus all of their energies on making their customer's stay a pleasant one. The rooms are an absolute pleasure to sleep in : clean crisp sheets and duvets and bathrooms the cleanest I have ever experienced in a hotel. If the Hilton London Gatwick could take a leaf from the book of its South African counterpart, it might be able to shake off the sclerosis in service and room standards which it is currently experiencing. Time for a change.

No problems so far

by TripAdvisor Member shaftesburygym

I have stayed at this hotel 3 times in the past 14 months. Each time i have booked through Holiday Extras and have had no problem with the bookings or check in. After settling the family in our room my husband goes off to park in the long term car park which means the whole family doesn't have to go as well.
Each time we have stayed we have booked a family room. This has been either a large room with a double and 2 single beds or 2 adjoining rooms. The rooms have been clean and adequate for our needs.
We did have one room that had 2 light bulbs broken and it took the maintenance guy over an hour to get to us explaining that he worked alone and had to serve the whole hotel. (Our problem had not been pressing so it wasn't such a big deal)
We have eaten breakfast each stay in the restaurant downstairs and the food and service have always been excellent. (Special cheaper rate for Holiday Extra customers)
I have to speak as i find and so far we have not had any complaints and would not hesitate in staying again and we are in March!

Excellent Sunday buffet lunch

by TripAdvisor Member alanreynolds

With my wife and mother I lunched in the Ground floor Garden Restaurant on Sunday 6 March 2005. It was our first visit for several years, and as good as before. In part, I put this down to the continuing oversight of Bob the Maitre d' who has been in charge for as long as I can remember. There was an excellent display of cold dishes, a full range of joints (which most customers seemed to want), other hot dishes, and desserts. Only cheese was in short supply. The wine list is wide and not overly expensive. Including coffee, lunch is £25 + 10% service. Whilst it is self-service for food, the service for drinks and clearing tables was efficient and attentive. There were lots of families happily lunching and the customers were not just those (few it seemed to me) staying at the hotel or travelling from the Airport. We shall certainly return

Fantastic Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member JustineLow

We only stayed in this hotel because we missed our flight and was being given an early flight the next morning. Therefore, we decided not to miss the flight again by staying right beside the airport.

We were really happy about this hotel. Although it's a little old inside but it's really clean and big with good service and fantastic breakfast. I don't mind going back again. It costed us around 130GBP per room per night for a triple room.

Just another average-joe hotel

by TripAdvisor Member PradaP

We visited this hotel about four years ago, and it was impressive. However the last time we stayed there it was terrible. We had to wait for a full fifteen minutes to check in, the receptionist was a slow trainee whose English was not perfect, there were hairs in the bath, no Minibar, the telephone was broken, and we did not have most main UK television channels, whilst there were an abundance of Arabic and Chinese ones. The hanging airplane sculpture i liked from the lobby was gone, however we did receive a very prompt reply from the manager after we complained. If you have an early flight from Gatwick, i think it is worth it, despite the problems, because it is actually connected to the terminal by a covered walk-way, and it is fine for one night really.

gone down hill

We stayed here last year with no problems, however when we arrived at our room this time it had obviously not been cleaned. The bathroom was covered with bits of what looked like broken tiles, some were quite sharp and would have caused injury had we stood on them. If you have stayed in Hiltons around the world you will not be impressed with this place, which is living off it's excellent location and the Hilton name. I have stayed in many better budget hotels which are less than half the price. However good the location is we have decided that the next time we fly from Gatwick we will be staying at a different hotel and using there courtesy buses to the airport, a little more hassle but this hotel is not worth it.

Comments