225 Edgware Road, London, W2 1JU, United Kingdom

Satisfaction Average

Costs 45% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• DAO's Profile Photo

HILTON REBORN

The Hilton Metropole is a massive 23 floor tower and business conference centre. It used to be ‘dumpy’ at best and a dark, sort of depressing hotel at worst. Since the renovations finished in mid-2013 it is now a very nice hotel to stay in. I should know. I stayed here before and after and my new room rocked. The service even seems better. They have a very quick express CHECK-IN so you get going with your day. I asked for a quiet room on a high floor and I was given a new room that matched my request. I had a nice view, all new furniture and décor, and nice amenities. A quick check of the bed revealed a proper mattress for sleep. Yes! My bathroom was modern and there were some good toiletries. My room even had an ironing board and steam iron. Between that, the well-stocked mini-bar and a nice desk – this was a great room for a business person.

The hotel has everything from a top floor restaurant, a Whiskey lounge, swimming pool and shops. It is a reasonable walk to the Underground and they even have car parking outside of the congestion zone, but it is not cheap.

In terms of service and information, the staff are very switched on and efficient. Any information you need is delivered rapidly and knowledgably. They have several dining options including an Asian fusion restaurant on the rooftop. This and the higher rooms offer great views of London. Sadly this are of London is not that great to look at. There are also dozens of restaurants, pubs and bars within 5 minutes’ walk.

This is an excellent option for conferences. They even have a theatre room that can hold hundreds of people. The only drawback is that the walls in the rooms are thin. I was fortunate to have quiet neighbours. Other than that I had a great night and a very good sleep during my last stay.

Unique Quality:

HOTEL OVERVIEW:
    • Fully renovated hotel
    • Free Wi-Fi in public areas and the Executive Lounge (charges for in-room)
    • A 10-minute walk to food, drink and shopping in the West End and Oxford Street
    • Modern conference facilities for up to 3000 delegates with 42 conference/ meeting rooms
    • Fully accessible building, rooms and all facilities
    • Full leisure facilities including a pool and gym
    • Shopping including a convenience store
    • Modern Business Centre
    • Full travel/tour/sightseeing/car rental desk
    • Foreign Currency Exchange, laundry, luggage store, safe deposit box
    • Babysitting Service, children's menus, cribs, high chairs
    • Car parking is £35.00 for 24 hours
    • ATM – charges apply

ROOMS
    All rooms have air conditioning, minibar, desk, coffee/tea facilities, Wi-Fi (charges), safe, satellite TV, bathroom with bathtub/shower and very good mattresses. There are 3 categories of rooms:
    • Deluxe Room
    • Suites – suite/ apartment, separate living room & dining area, Executive Lounge access
    • Executive Rooms - Executive Lounge access with continental breakfast and refreshments
    • Superior Family Rooms - the largest double-double rooms in London

FOOD & DRINK
    • Rooftop Minako Restaurant and bar – Asian fusion menu on the 23rd floor (closed Sun)
    • Fiamma Restaurant – Mediterranean
    • Whisky Lounge – with a massive range of single malts
    • Sports Bar
    • EDG Bar & Lounge in the lobby area

FACILITIES
    • Gym, swimming pool, sauna and steam room
    • Beauty salon, barber shop

BUSINESS FACILITIES
    • Business Conference facilities (up to 300 people) and all equipment
    • Express mailing, secretarial support, multilingual staff
    • Delegate rates including catering

Directions: TUBE:
    Edgware Road Station
    (Bakerloo, Circle, District, Hammersmith & City)

• do not stay in this hotel

I would not recommend anyone stay in this hotel the staff are so incompetent its unbelievable, the rooms in comparison with other hotels in the area of similar pricing are of a very poor standard. The staff are rude unhelpful and vindictive, the reason i say this is they refused to give me back my cash deposit i had left on arrival when i was checking out claiming it would be reimbursed back onto my card, so when i rang up a couple of days later to query why this had not been the case they claimed i had incured a late check out fee despite the fact i had checked out a day early which i tried to explain to the member of staff on the phone who was of no help whatsoever as his english was so poor i could barely understand him, so when i requested a member of staff whose english was better i had the phone slammed down on me and was told i was a racist and was discriminating against him by a manager who had called me back because he had been told by this member of staff i did not want to speak to him because he was not english which is totally untrue. so in short the rooms are of poor quality the staff are vindictive incompitent and unhelpful and i am still waiting for my cash deposit to be refunded. you have been warned!!

Unique Quality: this hotel has no unique qualities at all, its of a very poor standard in comparison to hotels of similar pricing in that area.

Directions: london west end

• akosilei's Profile Photo

Our Home in London

Hilton hotels have always been of great service to us. So, in visiting London and without reservation, we were still lucky we were able to get atleast two night stay in Hilton Metropole. The weather at that time is at 9 degrees and too much walking blistered my feet, thank heavens they have a pool and sauna to which I took advantage of to recuperate to get myself ready for next day out in the park :)

• TexasDave's Profile Photo

Good Option for Families

This is a large hotel with two separate wings. It is a good option for families since there are rooms with two double beds, and some with a pull-out sofa bed as well. In 2010 it is being refurbished (it needs it badly) so in short order all rooms will feature marble sink vanities, updated carpet and curtains, etc.
    There are many inexpensive restaurants (many are middle Eastern) a few grocery stores, and a self-serve laundry, in the area around the hotel.

Besides having access to the Underground at Edgware Station, several main bus routes pass in front of or very near the hotel. So although it's not particularly close to tourist attractions, getting to them is not difficult.

Directions: Edgware Rd. Tube Station.

• Djinn76's Profile Photo

Huge hotel not far from Little Venice

This is a huge and pretty busy hotel. Architecture-wise, it is not very impressive, as usual, a big concrete tower. However considering the surroundings, it is not so much of an issue, for sure not the nicest part of London!
    Located just in front of the Edgware road tube station, it is however at walking distance of Little Venice, a much nicer area.

It took quite some time to check me in. After messing around with his computer for a while, the clerk finally decided to give me a free upgrade! Great!
    I was expecting to be impressed when entering my room (2219). Indeed, that was the case,…by its size!! It was rather small! More than enough for me but I’d rather consider it as a regular standard room. Obviously being at the 22nd floor, the view was pretty impressive even if there was not that much to look at. I was not facing the city…

The bed and pillows were just about ok, not super comfortable. Same thing for the bathroom. Again a shower in the bath tube…
    I had read positive comment about the breakfast buffet. It was correct but I wouldn’t expect less than that for 20 pounds. I have already seen buffet much more impressive and with more choices than this one.
    A swimming pool is available indoor but I haven’t got the time to check it.

Wireless internet access is available. It looks compatible with Ipass even if I have been charged for a day…)

All in all, even if not impressive, this was a pretty decent hotel.

Directions: Close to Regent's park, in front of the Edgware road tube station.

• SassyMcPeaches's Profile Photo

In a word: huge!

In a word, huge. And it's not cheap either. At the time I stayed at the Hilton London Metropole, it was the largest hotel in the city and might still be to this day. Restaurant options within the hotel are plentiful, but prices are high. Food is tasty, but lines are long. There was a motorway outside our room so we didn't wander around the surrounding neighbourhood, but our room was quiet. Paddington Station isn't too far away. Overall, it’s a Hilton so don’t look for any London flavor. But compared to a budget option, it’s a nice little bit of luxury.

• Emile72's Profile Photo

Huge Hotel close to Paddington Station

Stayed here for a couple of nice. The location is good in respect of Paddington station. The hotel is huge and thus you can expect line ups at the check in desk and other desks from time to time.

Dinner is not that spectacular, breakfast is good, lots of choice, but can be busy.

The rooms are clean and quite spacious, I would say average Hilton standard in a large city.

Walking distance from Oxford Street, Hyde Park and Paddington Station.

• zizland's Profile Photo

I hate this hotel...

when i stay at hiltons, i expect a basic level of service. this place usually fails to deliver it. despite the number of visits i've had here, i rarely find the experience to be positive. the hotel is large and indifferent. the workers are not very friendly - although this may be due to cultural differences versus intent. the check-in process is laborious - i've never had less than a 1/2 hour wait - and i'm a high status hilton honors member! the executive lounges are crowded. the entire experience is one of hustle and bustle - and not in a good way.

the one good thing is that, as a business hotel, it is cheaper than many of it's competitors and i guess i should expect this for the price.

Unique Quality: decent location. quick walk to marble arch or paddington station. tube stop on other side of the street. not much to do in the area, but convenient to get to places you'd rather be.

Directions: marlyebone.

• Hilton London Metropole

Service-excellent!
    I recommend this hotel because I liked it very much.

Unique Quality: The view wasn't very good, in fact.

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Priceline 4* Regent's Park

2nd stay Januaury 2008 for 8 nights

I've stayed here twice now, most recently for 8 nights for $110 plus tax by bidding Priceline for a 4* in Regent's Park. It's a very busy convention hotel so I think the long stay drove the rate up a bit. I always check Bidding For Travel before bidding on Priceline.

Perhaps not an ideal location for the 1st time visitor but for someone like me on their 11th visit to London doing several daytrips from Paddington, the location was great, very close to both Edgware Road tube stations. You should be able to see the highrise Hilton from either tube station, one serves the Bakerloo line, the other serves the Central, District and Hammersmith lines. You can also catch buses along Edgware Road, bus 98 took me to Oxford Street.

Suzan's Cafe where I had breakfast on my June 2007 visit was closed but there are several other places along Praed Street that do breakfast. If you are looking for lunch or dinner, Edgware Road is lined with middle Eastern/Lebanese restaurants plus you are within walking distance of Paddington Station where I found two good kebab shops, Lolita and Flames. There's a Marks & Spencer within a block which has a food hall and also a Sommerfield grocery store a few blocks south of the hotel on Edgware Road plus a Woolworth's where we stocked up on Love Hearts.

My 2nd picture is of the flats near the tube station, I really like the gingerbread look to them.

Unique Quality: Room-I thought the bed was a little uncomfortable for a 4* hotel, the mattress was on top of a wood frame in both the double and twin rooms. The twin double room was small but not claustrophic. There was a minibar, tea service, in room safe, TV with very limited channels. You have to pay extra if you want a refrigerator.

Bathroom-good water pressure and plenty of hot water in the shower, full range of toiletries including shampoo, conditioner, bath gel, soap and lotion. Decent towels, hair dryer.

We had quite a few service glitches in January 2008-our safe was locked and we couldn't use it, no matter what we tried we couldn't clear the blinking message light on the phone, the door key had to be reset three times and the elevators would occasionally reset themselves and start going the opposite direction. We called service 4 or 5 times to get the safe and phone reset with no results.

Overall, it was OK with the Priceline rate but no way would I pay full price for this Hilton, it is not up to Hilton standards.

Directions: Closest tube: Edgware Road, you should be able to see the hotel from either station

• Great Hotel

It is not often that a room for 3 adults is as spacious as this.
    Althouh it was not massive, it was certainly adequate. The downside (as I often find in triple rooms) is a lack of mirrors for 3 females to get ready and a lack of plug sockets near the mirror.
    The price of alcohol in the hotel was expensive.

The breakfast at the Hilton was fantastic with everything that anyone could possibly desire available.

The pool area (with steam room and sauna) is very relaxing.
    We did not use the tube at all because it was such nice weather. We walked nearly everywhere. When you have your bearings, nothing seemed very far away.

Unique Quality: If you go to the 23rd floor of the hotel, the views over London are breathtaking.

• London's worst value

This hotel is in an ugly part of London - choose something where you might enjoy walking the street a bit. The rooms are tiny - I suspect that the ones who like the hotel are business travelers for whom the bill is paid by their company and they don't care about being a London tourist. Tower rooms are too small for two people - even the bell hop didn't know where to put a second piece of luggage on our twin bed room. In the middle of the night a man walked into our daughter's room having been given the key at the desk and told it was a vacant room. The windows were filthy. The whole experience of our stay in July 2006 was not at all what one wants on a vacation. We were stuck there by our tour accomodations - never again.

• DunaKal's Profile Photo

Hilton Metropole

Saudi Arabian Airline once used to stay here.

The Hilton Metropole is walking distance to the Edgware road underground station.
    You can also walk to the marble arch,Oxford street and the Hyde park.

Unique Quality: They offerd the airline crew breakfast in the executive lounge.(see picture 2)

• peaceness98's Profile Photo

Hilton London Metropole

If you're staying at the Hilton Metropole on Edgware Road, make sure you ask to be on the newly built headquarters and not the older part.

The Business/Exec rooms are comfy with plenty of room, and breakfast provided ath the cafe on the ground floor. The hotel itself is close to a Bus stop and accross the street from edgware road underground tube station, with 15 minute walking distance from Oxford street, and 30 mins walking distance from Picaddilly circus

Some travel agents can get you better deals than calling the hotel directly.

Unique Quality: There's a health club, pool, hairdresser, etc

No view-except of street

guest rooms are fully airconditioned and include a telephone, mini-bar,writing desk, hairdryer, trouser press, tea andcoffee making facilities, Playstation withgames and Internet access.

Check in is 4 pm.

Directions: From London Heathrow Airport:
    Exit airport and travel on the M40/A40 into central London. Take thePaddington exit to Marble Arch off the Edgware Road

Map: http://www.myenglandhotels.com/london-hotels/hilton-metropole-location-map.htm

• Bjorgvin's Profile Photo

The Metropole

The London Metropole is situated in the heart of the city. It was renovated in 1999 and is now part of the Hilton Group.

Unique Quality: Good **** hotel with all the modern facilities.

Directions: 10 minute walk from Marble Arch, Hyde Park and the main shopping area in Oxford Street. Nearest underground: Edgware Rd.

More about Hilton London Metropole

Looking for Quaint Restaurant/pub near Hilton Metropole

by fmb43

My son & I are going to be spending our last night in London at the Hilton Metropole near Paddington. The rest of our trip is pretty well planned but I'd like to find a fun, quaint pub or restaurant within walking distance from that hotel. This appears to be an area rather short on places like this. Can anyone make any suggestions? Thanks.

Re: Looking for Quaint Restaurant/pub near Hilton Metropole

by zuriga

You can look around on www.londoneats.com or www.squaremeal.co.uk. They often have good suggestions by area. There are lots of interesting restaurants near Notting Hill - not too far from Paddington.

Re: Looking for Quaint Restaurant/pub near Hilton Metropole

by MikeStarr5

How about this for an fun idea - Have you ever been on the boats on the regents canal ? There are lots of them and they run from an area known as Little Venice up through Regents Park and the London Zoo and as far as Camden Lock.

From where you are - come out of the hotel and walk along the Edgware Road, away from Marble Arch. Turn left at Blomfield Road - Just after the Canal Cafe.

Walk along this road and at the point where it bares to the right , you can either follow the road and there are some canal boat trips there (Jasons)

or you can turn left over the bridge and immediately right after 20 metres down a sliproad onto a tow path and there are even more boats there.
Here is a map of the area for you

I personally love those canal trips but would eat when I get to Camden. The market is fantastic and there are lots of restaurants - Or you can have a meal on the boats.

Regards