Holiday Inn Gatwick Airport

IHG Booking.com Travelocity

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 57% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Holiday Inn Gatwick Airport

Not a great quality and over priced restuarant

by TripAdvisor Member SwissAdvisor

I stayed at the Holiday inn Gatwick (not the Holiday Express) on a Friday night to meet a friend arriving in to Gatwick Airport on the Saturday, I must say that there staff in this hotel do try there best, but as for the quality and price it is not competitve as the other Hotels in the area.

Problems with my stay:

1. Window in bedroom would not close and very dirty

2. Room decor run down

3. Parking very badly supervised, with cars allowed to park in fire access areas

4. Hotel facilities not very clean.

This is certianly a hotel for those flights cancellation types, who have to be out up at short notice!

great start to the holiday

by TripAdvisor Member Kidder44

I stayed here with my wife for one night, before flying out to Antigua.

The hotel is easy to find, using their directions. The room we had was the cheapest available, and had one double and a single bed in it, so it wasn't a small room. It was very clean, well furnished, quiet, and had plenty of hot water and fresh towels.

The hotel has an upmarket feel about it, and the staff that we encountered, where all very friendly and helpful.

We took a 15 day parking package, and that all went without a hitch as well.
Simply park the car, then hand the keys in at the reception. When we returned from holiday, we caught the shuttle bus back to the hotel, and picked the keys up again. Saves all the hassle of finding a hotel and a car park.

We have also used the Holiday Inn at Heathrow, and that was virtually the same.

Only one small complaint, the hotel restaurant is a bit on the expensive side.

We wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Reccomend

Firstly the only downfall I would say is waiting on the transfer coach, which is not very nice when it it raining and snowing, therefore a taxi ride, which lasts under five mins is £7 to get to the hotel.

I arrived at the North terminal at Gatwick, and used the courtesy phone to call the coach, whcich costs £2.50 pp each way, took too long so I decided to get a taxi from behind the walkway.

Upon arrival at the hotel, it could be seen that it was of a high standard of cleanliness, decor was of an approprate standard, staff in full uniform, couteous, helpful and professional.

I am a member of the Prioritry club, which meant I was asked to used a seperate area for checking in, it avoids any Q's and everything is ready waiting for you.

I was making use of an Executive Room, although I was dissapointed with the doors walking down the hall, everything appeared to be clean and fresh and there was no evidence of stenches or smells.

My room was of a good standard and provided many extras such as full iron and board etc, above all the room was clean and there was no dust to be found on top of the picture frames.

Room service is good and the hotel has bars and restaurants, which cater for different needs and styles, the hotel was busy, but from my room I could hear no noise.

Heating, ventilation and air-con is controlled by you, using a white digital panel near the bed.

If you need to buy something from shops then there is an esso garage situated a short walk from the hotel next to the Moat House and a bit further a Texaco garage.

I would therefore reccomend this hotel - although I still think that their budget brand "express" is perfectly adequate as well as the travel inn, which you will find closest to the North terminal at Gatwick.

All in all, if you are looking for somewhere convienient and clean, with professional staff I suggest using this hotel.

Good hotel, close to the airport

by TripAdvisor Member bristol_traveller_06

We were there just for one night, checking in at 10pm and checking out at 5am. It served us well for that purpose and was clean, reliable and had a great airport coach (as in a full sized bus) which was a good price and easily accessible.

Definitely recommended particularly if you have to stay overnight in between flights.

This is how all Holiday Inn hotels should be run

by TripAdvisor Member AndrewOBrien

I wouldn't normally bother to write a review about such a short (one night) stay, but I was impressed.

I had made an advanced (Priority Club) reservation for an inexpensive room, just wanting a 'cheap & cheerful' place near to the airport to sleep after a long flight back to the UK.

Priority check-in took seconds, the staff were smart, professional, friendly & efficient.

The room was comfortable & attractive, and to be honest better (and half the price) than the Executive room at the airport Hilton, which I stayed at before my trip.

The full breakfast (room service) was pretty expensive, but was an excellent start to my day. I would definitely stay there again.

One night stay-Good

by TripAdvisor Member sunseeker06

Better than some airport hotels, the Holiday Inn is close to the airport (transfer takes only about 10 - 15 mins)

Bus costs extra £2.50 each way per person.

We stayed in a Executive room on 2nd floor, bigger and more services, overall a good size.

Check in took seconds and check out at 5am was just as quick, bill was correct and on collecting the car after holiday was left ready for collection by exit, top service.

Room wasn't cheap £115 for night and parking, but as parking is about £70 a week in the area, not too bad.

Would recommend and will use again when flying.

Good hotel but average food

by TripAdvisor Member Holmes09

We stayed at this hotel prior to an early flight then next morning. The room was very clean with good facilities, and I have to say the noise wasn't too bad considering how close we were to the airport! The bus transfer to and from the airport was very efficient and reasonable value for money at £2.50 each way. However, what really let this hotel down was the food. We had an evening meal and were very disappointed. The choice was somewhat limited, food average and very overpriced. If you stay at this hotel try and find somewhere else to have dinner. Breakfast was a little better, with the usual choice of continental items but I did find the cooked breakfast a little unappetising.

Good Price - no complaints - would reccommend

by TripAdvisor Member yascrack

We stayed here for one night before flying out next morning.

No complaints at all, was quite concerned after reading some of the reviews.

I paid £50 for the room and it was clean and convenient, just what we needed.

The food in the hotel isnt cheap but I didnt expect it to be. We had dinner in the hotel restaurant and the food was lovely. Cost about £25 per head for 2 courses and drinks but it was a good meal.

Bus was prompt and no hassle to get to and from the airport, costs £2.50 adults and £1.50 children over 3

Would reccomend if you get a good price for the room, takes the stress out of early morning travel.

Too expensive for the quality of this hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member LSC06

We booked this hotel to be close to the airport. We had a very simple, small twin room and a bath that had only soap...no other amenities. The price was over 128 British pounds or more than $250 per night, plus an additional 9 pounds ($18 dollars) a night to park a car. Even the shuttle bus to the airport was 2.5 pounds or $5.00 per person. In addition, the staff member at the front desk when we checked in was rather rude. However we did find the staff in the lounge to be pleasant and the food was good. The breakfast, which was included in the above price, was also good. However, I would not recommend this hotel. The price is way too steep for the value.

Comments