Holiday Inn Kensington Hotel

Expedia.com Hotels.com CrownePlaza.com

Costs 35% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• kek's Profile Photo

Biggest hotel in London

Close to facilities,but quiet locations.Nearby underground,shops,park

Unique Quality: Nice and friendly staff,restaurant,pub,

• Holiday Inn London -...

Holiday Inn London - Kensington
    Single Room Double Room (pounds)
    standard 180 200
    Executive 205 225
    Suite 255 275
    Breakfast is available at 12.75 pounds per person

Unique Quality: It's conveniently located. About half an hour by Piccadilly line from Heathrow Airport to Gloucester Road which is adjacent to Waitrose (a supermarket). From there a few minutes walk to the hotel.
    Natural History Museum, Science Museum 0.8km.
    Hyde Park and Earls Court 0.8km.

More about Holiday Inn Kensington Hotel

Pleasant Stay at Holiday Inn Kensington

by TripAdvisor Member silher

My stay at the Holiday Inn Kensington June 12 to 16th was very pleasant overall. Except for the intial delay in getting my room. I had requested early checkin. However, upon arriving at the hotel at approximately 12 noon, I was informed by the desk clerk (the only not so pleasant member of the staff that I dealt with) that my room was not ready. No problem, I left my bags with the concierge (very friendly and accommodating) and went to have lunch. Upon my return at 2PM I was informed my room was still not ready. When I asked how this could be if checkin was at 2PM (according to Holiday Inn's website) I was informed by the desk clerk that checkin was "from 2PM" and that he didn't know when my room would be ready. I was not happy but I wasn't going to let that spoil my vacation so I went off sightseeing by the time I returned (almost midnight ) my room was ready. The room was nice and clean, a little small but comfortable double beds and roomy bathroom. The A/C worked pretty well despite hot weather. Had ice machine just down the hall. Only other problem was that despite 3 people in the room, each day the housekeeper only left 2 towels. Each day I had to request additional towels. Great places to eat near hotel, The Patisserie for breakfast and Pizza Piazza for Italian were two of my favorites. Waitrose across the street is a great market.

Had a great time..

Just returned from a weekend in London where my daughter (6) and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Kensington. It was out first away together so I didn't want to be dealing with any hassles regarding the hotel and I must say the need never arose. The staff were friendly and helpful. I had requested a family (2 twin beds) room with a view overlooking the garden at the rear of the hotel (which is a joy itself) and was very happy that my requests had been met. The room was sizeable with all the necessary requirements and nicely furnished. It's obviously a family orientated hotel with as many kids as adults in residence and that in itself was a winning point for me.

I would easily recommend this hotel to anyone with children staying in London and most definitely come back to stay again.

Great Place to Stay When Travelling With a Family

by TripAdvisor Member Divasmother

We just returned September 3, 2004 from a 3 week holiday in the UK, spending 4 days in London. Our booking was last minute. We were travelling with our two daughters, 16 and 20, finding it difficult in London to find accommodation for 4 adults last minute. I am sure I looked at every hotel in London on the internet. I was lucky to find the Holiday Inn, Kensington through recommendations from Trip Advisor and at an amazing price for the 4 of us. It fit all of our needs. We were not dissappointed. The room was the size we are use to in North America, quite large, with two double beds. A large bathroom with a great shower, lots of hot water and black granite floor. I asked for a room overlooking the garden and was granted my request. It was exceptionally quiet. We thought we were the only ones staying in the hotel!
The hotel is right across the street from the tube, making travel around London very easy. Just up the street from the hotel is a Sainsbury grocery store, which is quite large. There is yet another grocery store in the tube station and another being built across the street. There is an internet cafe just around the corner, restaurants, etc., all within walking distance. But what makes the hotel most appealing is the location...away from the crowds of London, but with easy access to them!
I would definitely stay again.

Wonderful service........

My wife and I with our 18 and 21 year old children stayed at the Kensington Holiday Inn June 12-18. Upon arrival at 2 p.m. we were told our room wasn't ready and were asked to return in one hour. When we returned and the room still wasn't ready they immediately upgraded our room to a two level suite that was prepared. The rooms were terrific, the kids slept downstairs and we were upstairs. The staff quickly responded to our requests for a roll away bed, an iron and bowls for breakfast. The hotel has a small gym area with a good selection of free weights. There also is a sauna and a spa that we used several times, especially after walking the steps at the Eiffel tower. The hotel cafe serves an excellent grilled chicken sandwich with fries, cole slaw and coke for 5 GBP. The other reviews are accurate reference easy access to the tube, grocery store etc... (the best grocery store is Sainsbury two blocks up Cromwell). There are many restaurants nearby (Lonestar steakhouse that plays country music.....) an internet cafe and laundry mat are two blocks down the street, and an ATM is at the intersection. The hotel staff was outstanding, even though we may have seemed like the "Griswolds" at times they answered any of our questions. As a side note all the pubs quit serving at 11. The hotel bar serves until 1......our experience at this hotel was all positive and we will reccomend it to our friends

Exceeded Expectations...Wonderful!

We're a family of five, and were thrilled to find a room that would accomodate all of us (with a rollaway). Upon check-in, we felt genuinely welcomed, and the desk clerk actually spent several minutes with us giving us advice about how to plan our sightseeing. Upon reaching our room, we were pleasantly surprised. I thought that we'd be shoehorned in, but the room was actually quite large for a European hotel. The bath was clean, and was large as well, although I do agreed with others about the mile-high tub. Our room also had french doors that allowed for plenty of ventilation, and gave a nice view of the back garden. And the location, less that a 5 minute walk from the Tube station, could not have been better.
We did eat breakfast at the hotel every morning of our 4-night stay since it was included in our 99 GBP/night rate. We found it to be consistantly good. There was plenty of fresh fruit and pastries, as well as the traditional eggs, bacon, sausage, cold cereal, etc. Actually, since we had an additional person in our room, we should have paid for one of us each morning. But the staff never billed us and, when asked, told us that it was not a problem. We also ordered room service a couple of times, and found the service quick and the food to be good and not horribly overpriced (relatively speaking, of course!).
Overall, I felt that we got a great value for our money. We've not always been thrilled with the Holiday Inn chain in the US, but we were very glad that we chose this hotel. Highly Recommended!

Good Transition to European Hotels

This hotel was a great transition to Europe. The room was large enough for three to be very confortable. Very convenient - only a block from the tube stop. The only strange part was most of the staff was French, not English.

Great location, comfortable hotel

by TripAdvisor Member ChrystinP

This is a nice hotel with a great location. Don't confuse this hotel at 100 Cromwell Rd with the one down the street at 97 Cromwell (HI Forum). The other one is 27 stories with one ice machine. This one is a boutique hotel and has an ice machine on every floor (obviously important to me).

Ask for a room facing the garden which will be quieter and a lovely view.

The location is ideal. Within walking distance of Kensington Palace and the Victoria & Albert. Directly across the street from the Gloucester Road tube station (served by the Circle, District and Piccadilly lines). Tons of restaurants within one block ranging from the Burger King to extremely elegant, a laundry within a block, two internet cafes within a block, a gift shop with a full Post Office is next door, a Waitrose (grocery store) is directly across the street, a Boots (drug store) is directly across the street, a 24 hour small grocer is within a block.

Rooms are comfortable and can be spacious. I've found the best rates are deals offered on the Holiday Inn website. I've paid as little as 80 pounds, this is a moderately priced hotel for London if you book on the web site. Walk-ins pay 225 pounds. The TV is pretty dreadful, only gets about 12 stations and most of the time nothing worth watching on TV. There's a bar and a pub in the hotel. Concierge is pretty useless.

Beds are soft but they have backboards if you ask for them. Safes in room that you set your own code for. The hairdryer is in the desk drawer and is definitely lowpowered. There's a clothespress in the room but they will send up an iron and ironing board when requested. Tea/coffee maker in room.

If you travel with a computer you can check it at the front desk and they will hold it in the back office which only the staff have access to.

Loved The Hotel

We stayed at the hotel for 4 nights in August, 2004. The hotel is in a great location and on the tube line.
The rooms are large North American style rooms, rather than the smaller European rooms that are usually found in London. The hotel is very clean, is air conditioned and is very quiet. We managed to get a rate which included a very nice buffet breakfast.

Hotel near Paddington or Gloucester station?

by 16fletch

Trying to decide on the Shapftesbury premier paddington or the holiday inn kensington forum (near Gloucester station evidently) will be going to one show in the west end, staying 5 nites and going to various places in London.

Re: Hotel near Paddington or Gloucester station?

by DAO

The Premier should be cheaper. That's it. Cheapest wins. London is easy to get around.

Get a travel card, they are cheap (relative) and you can use the busses as well.

Have a great Holiday.

All the best,

DAO

Re: Hotel near Paddington or Gloucester station?

by marielexoteria

Near Paddington: Westpoint Hotel.

Comments