Holiday Inn London Heathrow Ariel

118 Bath Road, (formerly Forte Posthouse Heathrow Hotel), Hayes, Middlesex, UB3 5AJ, United Kingdom

Holiday Inn London - Heathrow Ariel
Booking.com HolidayInn.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• Good For Quick Turnaround

I was in and out in a day. Wish I'd had a chance to see more of London but the hotel was fantastic and suited all of my needs.

Unique Quality: The people there were really nice. I don't know if it was there accents but they all seemed super intelligent and could answer any question about everything. I also learned a lot about British culture although possibly a bit too much about the Queen.

• Yubert's Profile Photo

More than one Holiday Inn at Heathrow!!

I was pleasantly surprised at how nice, clean and modern my hotel room was considering I only paid 80 pounds and this was a Holiday Inn. The bed, pillows and bedding was very comfortable and I slept like a log.

Unique Quality: Well it's close to the airport so you won't miss your flight.

• Janani's Profile Photo

Convenient Location for Heathrow

Flying out from Heathrow very early on a Saturday morning, my mum and I found sharing a room here on Friday night a much cheaper option than taking a taxi to the airport. She had seen a good price advertised for a room at the M4 Holiday Inn and rang the hotel to see if the same price would be available at the Ariel too, although it wasn’t listed on the website and they agreed to let her book a room at the same price.

Arriving separately by public transport, which dropped us at the airport, we were pleased with the National Express Hotel Hopper bus service from the airport to the hotel. I bought a ticket for £3 at one of the National Express counters and they told me where to wait and which number bus to catch for this hotel. The bus dropped us right at the door of the hotel just a few minutes after leaving the airport. Returning to the airport the next day took 15 minutes, as the bus stops at other hotels first and tickets were sold by the driver.

Our room appeared to have been quite recently decorated and was a fair size for two people. As the hotel is ring shaped, with rooms on either side of the corridor, I imagine some of the rooms must look inwards over the reception but ours looked out towards the airport, where we could see planes landing. The room had two comfortable beds, a small coffee table with two chairs and a desk with a television on. Tea and coffee making facilities were available in the room and the bathroom was well maintained and supplied with a nice shower gel, although it had a fixed rather than hose style of shower, which I didn’t like so much.

The staff at the hotel were helpful and efficient and arranged for me to be able to check in ahead of my mum, even though she had used her card to pay for the room. They will also provide any toiletries you have forgotten to pack, such as a toothbrush or make up remover.

We did not try out the restaurant, as we had already eaten but had a drink in the bar near the reception which had a nice relaxed atmosphere and good service.

• TracyLB's Profile Photo

Good Airport Hotel

We stayed one night at this hotel as we arrived in London late and wanted a good night sleep..The room was really nice with a comfortable bed and really nice bedding!! It was also immaculate and had a coffee maker.

Unique Quality: Very close to the airport.

• A2002's Profile Photo

Holiday Inn Heathrow M4,J4.

I am not very sure if this is the correct category but this hotel that I stayed in is near to Heathrow Airport called "Holiday Inn Heathrow M4, J4. It is situated on the motorway, M4, at Junction 4. The hotel is huge with many many rooms. I drove there and for the first time, it was not easy to know how to get to the hotel. I could see it along the motorway, but getting to the hotel need a bit of knowledge. So, better call them first before you start your journey there for the first time.
    When I reach the hotel lobby, I was impressed. The lobby was very spacious and felt welcoming. At the lobby, there were flat screen TVs showing the arrivals and departures from Heathrow Airport.

Unique Quality: The room was clean and comfortable. I was given a choice of the type of pillows I want. Cool... From my room, I get a view of the grey looking motorway and the runway.

I would recommend this hotel to travellers in transit or travellers travelling out of Heathrow the next morning or arrive late at night.

To get the best price, go to www.ichotels.com. They guarantee that they will have the lowest rate on the internet. However, at the last minute, you can try www.priceline.co.uk.

• hayward68's Profile Photo

Convenient for Heathrow

Part of the Holiday Inn chain, quite a decent hotel and extremely close to Heathrow Airport, though this didn't make it a noisy place. Clean, quiet rooms and excellent service from those at reception. There is parking available but most of it is uncovered, though there is a row at the back of the hotel that has a roof and this came in handy since it was pouring when I arrived.
    The main car rental agencies are only about a 5 minute drive away, so this was great for dropping off the car before heading to the airport.
    There's a bar and a restaurant on the ground floor and I really recommend the restaurant, though it's not that cheap. You can even watch planes landing as you have your meal. Starters were around ?5 as were glasses or wine. My entree was about ?12 and it was delicious, pork medallions with a cranberry sauce, garlic mashed potatoes and some veg. My starter was a melon platter with canteloupe and honeydew melon along with a scoop of sorbet.
    Wine per glass was about ?4-5 though I skippped it and drank Pepsi, no Coke available.
    The dessert menu looked excellent, though I was too stuffed so couldn't find out if they tasted as good as they sounded.
    The Hoppa Bus comes to this hotel so it's easy to get to Heathrow if you don't have a car.

Unique Quality: The building is round and this means the rooms are wedge shaped. This didn't make it small though. My room faced the inner circle so the smaller end of the room was the windows. The bathroom was a decent size with a full tub, and my favourite, a heated towel rack. There's a notice in the bathroom that if you've forgetten any essential such as a razor, just call reception and they'll give you one for free.
    I had ordered a single room and the bed was larger than a typical single bed, closer to a small double actually and very comfortable.
    A trouser press is in the room along with a hairdryer though the hair dryer is in the bedroom rather than the bathroom, in fact, it was in a drawer.
    There's an additional pillow in the closet however my bed had two anyway. You can even request a different pillow if you need a softer/harder one, etc.
    Tea and coffee making facilities are available in the room though no biscuits which I always like to find.
    There's a mini bar but the prices are still extortionate so I wouldn't bother.
    Pay movies are available on the TV along with video games to pass the time. Of course, there are regular TV channels to watch as well.
    I booked on the Holiday Inn website and got my room for ?48, booking it in the morning of the day that I checked in.

Directions: Very near Heathrow Airport

• Callavetta's Profile Photo

For that really early morning flight

I've stayed at this hotel on three different trips now and my impression of the value this hotel offers has declined.

It's a very American like hotel; large rooms, modern common areas, great bathrooms. You would never stay here for a visit of London. Adjacent to Heathrow, you can watch the planes take off from your window (but can't hear them at all.... a real testimony to the double paned windows). But if you have an overnight layover it's a great choice.

The first time I stayed here my daughter and I were on a layover from Florence to San Francisco. We arrived at Heathrow exhausted at midnight and were upgraded from one twin room to two executive doubles. Wouldn't you know.... we had 6 whole hours to enjoy it! The beds were fantastic, big and comfy with plush duvets. The bathrooms loaded with special amenities. We asked for a taxi at 6 am and found that the hotel staff drove us, for no cost, in the Hotel Mercedes. And all this for 49 GBP!

On my two subsequent trips I have not been able to snag rates even close to that. Every phone call was charged at a premium (even though I used my own phone card), room service produced a terrible meal, the bar meal was equally bad, and anything added was really expensive.

But that said, it's still 1 mile from the airport, a cheap taxi ride to the hotel and that same free ride home. I guess if I were to have another layover, this is the place I would choose.

More about Holiday Inn London Heathrow Ariel

Surprised me, good value

I usually use another hotel in the area when switching flights in London. This time the other hotel was full, so I had to stay at the Holiday Inn Ariel. I was very surprised to find that the hotel is much better than what it looks. Good rooms, very clean, above average food, and a nice bar. Makes your adventure with Heathrow easier.

Heathrow Shuttle buses

by pcg821

Arriving at Heathrow at 8:15 at night on a Saturday an staying one night at Holiday Inn Heathrow Ariel on Bath Road.Is there a shuttle bus or other public tranportion that runs near this hotel,an how far from airport is hotel?How late do they run ,I figure by the time I get luggage an clear customs it would be close to another 60-90 minutes before I leave airport.Will be arriving at terminal 4 if thats makes any differents. Would like to advoid taking taxi hear they are very exspensive in London
Thanks for any help

RE: Heathrow Shuttle buses

by leics

The hotel website says:

The Airport Shuttle (Hotel Hoppa H6) operated by BAA & National Express, runs to & from the hotel and Heathrow Airport terminals 1, 2 & 3 every 15 minutes everyday. Adult price is £3.00 per person one way. Children under 13 yrs ride free! From Terminal 4, take the Heathrow Express (Free) to T1, 2 & 3 and then take the Airport Shuttle as above.

It's about half a mile from the airport, taxi will take about 5 minutes and cost about 12GBP-ish. Btw, taxi costs are set locally and do vary from place to place, London being generally more expensive than the rest of the UK.

RE: RE: Heathrow Shuttle buses

by travelmad478

Actually, you should be able to avoid the extortion of the Heathrow Hoppa (this has got to be the only airport hotel shuttle on the planet that costs money, and a lot of money at that!) Several of the London city buses that go from Heathrow along Bath Rd. are FREE for the first few stops. The main city bus pick-up point is at terminal 2, but buses go from T4 also. I think the bus routes that go through Heathrow and along Bath Rd. are #81 and #222. Just wait at the bus stop and then ask the driver.

Comments