Holiday Inn London Kings Cross

IHG Booking.com Agoda.com

Rated 14% higher but also costs 112% more than other 2 star hotels

• Myfanwe's Profile Photo

A Lovely Comfy stay

This hotel is comfortable, stylish and affordable. Situated just 10-15 minutes walk from Farringdon and Russell square tube stations, you can find yourself in Central London in no time. Staff on arrival were really friendly. We stayed for two nights and were allocated a room on the second floor. Lifts are available but these were busy at peak times such as Breakfast times. Our room was a lovely size with sofa & coffee table complete with magazines. The room was equipped with a small fridge, tea/coffee making facilities, trouser press, hairdryer and nice size flat screen tv which had the normal free channels in addition to pay per view movies. WIFI is available at an extra charge. Toiletries are provided in the bathroom which was spotlessly clean. The bed was really comfortable and there was a choice of firm or soft pillows which just added to a nice peaceful nights sleep. We took the Continental Breakfast option but you can opt for full English when making your booking. The Continental Breakfast was served in the Carriage restaurant on the ground floor. The continental breakfast was great, you can help yourself to croissants, rolls, toast, preserves, cheese, ham, cereals, yoghurt and fruit and as much Tea/coffee as you like. There is a very handy gift/essentials shop on Lobby level. Here you will also find a cosy bar, the Carriage Restaurant and the lovely Rasa Maricham Indian restaurant. On a lower level you will find the spa consisting of a small pool, Jacuzzi and fitness suite. An additional charge of £3.50 per day is made for the use of these facilities - towels are provided.

All in all, I had a great stay here and would recommend to others.

Unique Quality: The staff were helpful and friendly.
    Rasa Indian Restaurant on the ground floor was great, you can even order room service from their menu!

• Balam's Profile Photo

Great Hotel

I was really impressed with The Holiday Inn Kings Cross/Bloomsbury, before going i had wrongly presumed that Holiday Inns were a bit like Travelodge's but after booking i found I was wrong.
    The Holiday Inn at Kings Cross / Bloomsbury is a 4 star hotel with some really great amenities and very friendly and helpful staff.
    There is a Spar and Health Club that costs only £3.50 per day to visit as well as a nice bar and 2 fantastic restaurants one of which is a Indian restaurant of the Rasa chain that specializes in food from Southern India (And it really is fantastic)

There is a shop just near the reception area that sells everything from pot noodles to clocks.

The room was spacious with air con, TV with both normal free to watch TV as well as a pay to view service. Shower gel, shampoo, body lotion and soap are supplied and if you have forgotten anything other items are supplied free of charge all you have to do is ask. There was a fridge as well as Tea and coffee making facilities, tea coffee milk are provided and you can just ask at reception for more and they will give you as much as you can carry.
    There is also a hair dryer and a trouser press.

The bed was comfortable and had a choice of pillows (Firm or soft), There is a digital alarm clock so you can make sure you get up in time for Breakfast, We had continental Breakfast which was really good, a nice choice of things like lovely fresh bread rolls with ham and cheese, cereals, toast and jam as well as fruits and yogurts. the other restaurant does full English breakfasts (it depends on your choice on booking)

I would definitely love stay here again!

Will be staying here again for 2 nights next week, I cant't wait!

• Djinn76's Profile Photo

Not that close from Kings Cross!

I booked the hotel by mistake! I was misleading it with the Novotel between St Pancrass and Euston. Even if this hotel is called "Kings cross", it is not that close from the station. It is still walking distance though! It is indeed located close to Clerkenwell. From the quick look I had, it doesn't seem to be one of the most attractive part of London but plenty of restaurants are available in the area.

The hotel itself is correct but not so impressive. That was my second stay in a Holiday Inn. I was expecting something similar to the one in Stevenage but have been slightly disappointed. The room was correct, the bed was comfortable but the furniture (and the lobby as well) looked a bit tacky! It was freezing cold outside but the rooms were appropriately heated!

The bathroom could have been better, again a shower in a bathtub but this time with a fixed "shower cap"! I hate that!
    A "coffee" kit was available in the room.

Wireless Internet access was available but not compatible with iPass!

I had a continental breakfast, even if the price (10.95&) was relatively low, the quality was at the same level!

Clerks were not particularly friendly or welcoming, just professional.

Directions: 15 min walk, south of Kings cross - St Pancras

• littlebush's Profile Photo

Holiday inn

Theres 2 holiday inns in the kings cross area, both about a 10min walk from the station.
    they charge around £120/night and although are ok arent anything special.

heres the addresses:
    1 kings cross road, the other is Coram st.

• LouiseTopp's Profile Photo

Very comfortable

In my eyes the Holiday Inn at Bloomsbury is posh, in other people’s eyes it may not be so. If you take the underground along the Northern Line from Waterloo, the hotel is placed up the road & down a back street, although it can be a bit tricky to find. There’s a large entrance with automatic doors which open onto the reception, most of the staff can be recognised by their green uniforms. The keys are like little cards and there is a skill to opening the bloody doors! Ours wouldn’t work at first, we were told to slot it in and remove it directly, a red light which came on would flash green which meant we could enter. There’s six floors all accessed by a lift which has mirrored walls, & stomach churning drops.

Inside the rooms there’s a bathroom with small lights in the ceiling. Being disabled the bath wasn’t very good, they could really do with some walk in versions. Towels are supplied & there’s a Dove dispenser on the wall which smells nice. By the sink is a box of tissues & a shaving point, if you forget any toiletries you can get some from reception. The taps are as one so one direction each way brings out hot & cold; there’s also a shower with curtain rail.

Unique Quality: There’s a wardrobe with fixed hangers so they don’t get nicked and an air humidifier. All TV’s are widescreen with a Playstation and tea and coffee facility with kenco, teabags and Splendour sachets. The cups are proper white china on a trey with a kettle which is fast boiling. The beds are comfortable with a phone to reception, you won’t see much out of the window except office blocks.

The restaurant is very good with a full breakfast I the mornings & cooked at night. We came her for a conference & found the meeting rooms to be very nice, especially the assembly room. The British Museum is just up the road, which I have described in another posting. You have to be out of your room by 10am so the chamber maid can attack it, there’s also a left luggage room which is tagged for identification.

More about Holiday Inn London Kings Cross

problems

We stayed a a total 2 weeks (14 days) in Holiday Inn - King's Cross Bloomsbury, with 92 pounds per night. To me, it's very expensive. But I stayed in Holiday Inn while I was in Italy once and thought it was nice.

First, the hotel is a good 30-minute walk from King's Cross tube station. But there is a bus line no. 63 which takes you to the station in about 5 minutes. As for the neighborhood, I wouldn't go as far to say it was questionable, but it was certainly quiet at night and I did see a drug addict in that neighborhood.

When checking in, the staff told us we could not use debit card to pay. We didn't want to use credit card, so we had to draw cash from the nearest ATM machines. The attitude of the staff wasn't very nice. Not rude, but not very nice. So it wasn't a very good start.

The room was clean. With 2 double beds, it got a little bit crowded, but it was okay. The fridge didn't work too well. Online access was impossible cos the lan line tore in two.

There were restaurants/cafes/take-aways everywhere so we didn't need to eat in the hotel.

While we got back home (i m from Asia), the hotel called us and said they needed to charge us 3 extra nights because they thought we didn't leave. Obviously we packed in a hurry and didn't throw away everything on the last night. But to charge us 300 pounds is absurd. We checked out on the last day and they should have known. How could they think we didn't leave?

To be fair, the hotel is clean and sometimes cheap if you get special rates online. But the attitude of the staff made me a little bit uncomfortable.

Not impressed

After walking quite a walk from the tube (in the rain) we arrived to find a long queue at reception. Despite being 2pm we were told our rooms were not yet ready. This was frustrating as we would have liked to have un-wound a bit as our journey had been quite long. None of the reception staff were english so there was a bit of a language problem.
Despite all of this when our room was finally ready we were pleased with it. The main thing really was the location as this was not ideal. a fair walk to the nearest tube. Wouldn't use this hotel again.

Decent stay

At last a hotel in London where I can sleep without earplugs ..... up on the 7th floor ..... good accommodation. A bit pricey even at 30% off rack rate but just to get a night's sleep in this miserable city made it a haven.

uh uh! you could do better

Objectively, the hotel is of fine standard with nice staff and excellent breakfast, but the problem is the area and the distance to the tube.
The walk to the nearest tube station is 10-12 min. This may not sound much, but at Winter, when it is cold / raining, this is very unpleasant. Additionally, once you pass the initial shops area of this walk, you need to walk a long street with nothing to see but the occasional dodgy nightclub.
There are enough hotels around London, with similar standards but a more convenient location, or at least a slightly more pleasant walk to the tube.
I would not stay there again, and certainly not when traveling alone and needing to walk by myself after dark from the tube.

Nice one

by TripAdvisor Member scicchi

This 4* hotel was nice, and the price I got on the Holyday Inn website was incredibile (68 GBP/night for a room with two queen size beds, which I shared with my wife and my two little kids).

The hotel is a 10 minutes walk distant from the nearest Tube station, whick is Kings Cross. If you land in Gatwick you can take the Thameslink rail (1 train every 15 minutes) whick drops you just there.

hotels near the club turnmills

by panderita

I need help to find hotels that are located near the club turnmills in london.
Can anyone help me??

RE: hotels near the club turnmills

by film

There is a travelodge just a few hundred metres away.

RE: RE: hotels near the club turnmills

by paultw5

holiday inn (kings cross) is also close.....

Comments