Holiday Inn London Mayfair

Hotels.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Costs 59% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• gabriellefox's Profile Photo

Pleasantly Suprised

I made a last minute decision to stay overnight in London as I needed to be available for meetings early the next day. Unfortunately it was very difficult to find any availability in London hotels as it was the day before Margaret Thatchers Funeral.

Fortunately a desperate search through several last minute travel sites showed availability at the Holiday Inn in Mayfair and the hotel was a short walk from the final meeting of the day.

The room was clean and spacious and was kitted out with the usual mini bar, telephone, wireless internet (surcharge), TV etc. Room service is available 24 hours a day. It also has a business centre and offers meeting rooms and business services. Guest parking is limited, and available on a first-come, first-served basis.

A tempting bountiful fresh hot and cold buffet breakfast was served in the restaurant. It was replenished frequently so there was never a threat of dried over cooked food "settting" in front of your eyes.

Shop around for great offers and packages for this hotel.

Unique Quality: Holiday Inn London Mayfair is a 4 star hotel located in the heart of London's Mayfair close to Green Park tube, the Ritz, and Dover Street Wine Bar. In terms of location, price, comfort and services I think it is a tough one to beat. The multilingual staff are outstanding and provide guests with a courteous professional service and warm welcome.

Directions: Nearest tube is Green Park

• detroitdb's Profile Photo

Awesome Location and Service

For the price, you can't beat this Holiday Inn. We payed approximately $140 dollars a night and stayed a week. The suite was pretty plush and included the basic amenities one would expect. The location is fantastic! During our stay there was one day when we didn't have running water; it was a minor inconvenience in the big scheme of things.

Unique Quality: Great location! It is located just a block from Green Park and the Green Park Underground station. One can easily take a pleasant stroll through Green Park to Buckingham Palace. If you plan to stomp around the West End, this hotel can't be beat for the price.

Directions: West End

• Dan1000's Profile Photo

Holiday Inn Mayfair is...

Holiday Inn Mayfair is centrally located not far from Piccadilly. It is extremely nice and the people there are very accommodating. It's not cheap though.
    A single night here will be in the $200-$225 US range. Discounts are offered for multiple night stays.

Unique Quality: Facilities throughout are very nice. The rooms are not large but full of amenities including a fax machine and computer hookup.

Directions: Located on Berkeley Street, just north of Piccadilly Street. It is only 1 block from the Green Park Tube Station and Green Park.

More about Holiday Inn London Mayfair

The best for reasonable price

by TripAdvisor Member MoscowTraveler

We spent 5 days in this hotel. Everything was OK! Our room on the second floor was very quite, clean, beautiful with exellent bathroom and A/C. The staff was polite and helpful. No problem with car parking that is very unusual for the central part of London. Nothing to compare with for this price in London. I will stay in Holiday Inn Mayfair when visiting London next time. Good luck to all of the staff!!!

IN NEED OF REFURBISHMENT

by TripAdvisor Member J.A.M.

I had read all of these wonderful reviews prior to staying at the Holiday Inn Mayfair on November 3rd for two nights. I found the staff very attentive and helpful, but this hotel is in DEFINITE NEED OF REFURBISHMENT. The lobby furniture is very worn and my room was a definite disappointment after a long trip to get to London.
The bathroom was very small, although the two double beds were nice and comfortable. There is no way I could give this property an excellent rating due to the quality of our room. The people who wrote all these rave reviews must not travel very often.

Again, good value and great location

If you're looking for a more middle of the road American influenced accomodations, this is a great hotel for you. It's certainly way above the "tourist" and budget hotels I have stayed in before when in Europe. They even provided washcloths!! It's not the Ritz (that's across the street) but you will feel very comfortable, secure, and have easy access to all London has to offer. My wife and a friend of ours stayed here in October 2004 and were very well pleased with our entire stay. The hotel was very quiet and the staff efficient though not overally friendly. My wife had been to London before and she (who is very picky) was very pleased and loved the location. Ask for a room overlooking the Ritz for a better view. Oh, and if you try to go to the Ritz be sure you are dressed appropriately. I was in jeans and was asked to leave!! Imagine that! You'll be more comfortable at the Holiday Inn Mayfair.

Disappointing!

Having traveled throughout Europe (and currently living in Italy,) I have seen my share of hotel accomodations. Most were excellent, some good and a few bad rooms have been my experience. Although the Holiday Mayfair was in an EXCELLENT location, the room (Room 508) we were given was horrible. There was mildew on the shower and bathroom walls, tiles that were broken were stacked under the tub, the fan in the AC/Heating unit rattled non-stop, the blankets and sheets had hair still in them, etc. I asked for another room but was told this was the only one available. At least they changed the sheets after my complaint! I have a sneaking suspicion that since I was a Priceline customer, I was receiving below quality service. This was the first time I was disappointed with a Priceline acquired hotel. Also, the added bonus was although I requested a non-smoking room, I was not on a non-smoking floor. The person in the room next door was a smoker. Sitting in our room was like sitting in a bar, the smoke came in from their room to ours all night. I was sorely disappointed in this hotel, especially after reading the rave reviews before our November 4th trip. I hope they clean up their act! I sent both priceline and the hotel an email about the poor quality service for a four star hotel. I hope that will help future travelers!

Not perfect but okay

Great location. Room was clean and well decorated. I was on the 2nd floor which was one of the floors that must have been renovated recently.

Construction noise was the problem. There were quite frequent sounds of drills and other noises during the entire day up to 6pm.

Check-in staff seemed rather confused at times and the lobby definitely has not been renovated in forever.

Wonderful Room!

We stayed 4 nights over Thanksgiving holiday of 2004. There were 2 adults and 2 kids in our group and we had a very comfortable sized room. A nice big king bed and the kids had a pullout sofa sleeper. The room was very nice and clean and a good size. The rates weren't excessive after comparing other motels with the same amenities. We would definitely stay here again if we went back. It's very close to the Green Park Tube station and Buckingham Palace. Convenient location.

Almost top marks!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member ghirlteam

Travelled from Glasgow....Stayed here for one night on the 10th Dec 2004 in the King Executive room on the top floor - FAB room. 100 % clean, VERY spacious, king bed, complementary water, chocolate and fizzy juice. Neutrogena toiletires a bonus as was the Spa bath!! Booked in advance through Holiday inn and god great deal £127.00 No faults here.....

Reception lost marks on arrival as no smile, placed my credit card on top of the table instead of handing it back to me, my hand was help out for it. Reception said it was hotel policy to charge me £50 on arrival incase of any extras I may use. I said I wasn't aware of this?! usually hotels take an imprint of the card to charge on check out. This one took £50.00 from my card and they refund on departure - not great for 'long' stays though! I was only staying one night so got the refund the next night.

Check out reception much more cheerier!! Very polite and friendly....left my baggage at the hotel and the porter gut was very helpful too...bar staff smiley and helpful when i asked where the toilets where...toilets at reception in very clean condition (female) - fully stocked and dove cream for hands after washing.....really soft hand towels.

Hotel is very clean looking, reception/lounge area comfortable....bar compact and rather Chrismas looking while I was here.

Ideally situated (2-mins walk) down the street turn right to the tube - Green park.

Has local Marks and Spencer 'simply food' for sarnies, fruit, juices etc next to tube and Starbucks over the road.

HIGHLY recommended if you want top Italian dishes or simple ones too....veg lasgane, lasagne, pizze, pasta, meatball, sarnies, jacket pots, beers, coffee, teas, milk, orange jiuce and much more I have found a direct tube from Green park and head to Covent garden - once exiting the lifts turn tight and continue to the little covering/market/eating type area a place called 'pontis' they have outdoor eating but if you go in, the top part is smoking, THEY HAVE LOADS OF DOWNSTAIR SEATING ...big poritons, heated to order - meal for two adults plus drinks approx £16 bargain!!! all homemade yum......

Enjoy your stay :O)

Good Hotel for a family, Great location, so so staff

by TripAdvisor Member tiglet1

We spent six nights at this hotel - including Christmas day. You cannot beat the location of this Hotel, unless you want to go across the street to the Ritz or a block down to the Shereton. We only tubed twice - once to Brick lane and once to the burbs. You could walk everywhere else quite easily. The internet rate we received - was better than places rated in the bottom 1/3 of trip advisor. Clean rooms, most just refurbished. Good sized elevators - could fit a stroller. Quiet. They were refurbing the room next door and would not start until 9am. Christmas dinner was good. Staff was a bit iffy - told a friend that we were not staying there. Priority club gold only got me a free newspaper. Way to go Holiday Inn...

Now my gripe - they nickle and dime you. This is unnessary when the posted rate is 250 GBP a night. A drink in the hotel was 3.50 GBP for a pint vs 2.30 down the street. A local phone call for one minute was 50p. Automatic sensor mini bar - which I have always detested as dodgy - charged us for a back of chips/crisps and a coke. The intersting thing was - we had it emptied by the staff as soon as we got there to store our baby's milk. Hmmmm...

Overall - compared to other hotels in London (and we have stayed in many), for what we paid, this deserves to be ranked where it is.

Location, location, location

That pretty much says it all! Can't beat this hotel for location and price. Walk to everything. Right next to the tube and a Marks & Spencer food shop. Staff is terrific. Very friendly. Giovanni, the restaurant manager is outstanding. Rooms are somewhat small, but very clean and comfortable. Stay here. You won't be disappointed.

Travelling with kids

by rindlay

I am planning a few days in London with my wife and two young girls, aged 6 and 8. Can anyone recommend a good place to stay?

RE: Travelling with kids

by dcrose

We found it isn't easy to find a room that will take a family of four in London. The last couple of trips we made there as a family of four, we stayed at the Holiday Inn London Mayfair. It is clean and very well located and if you book in advance over their website, the rates can be as low as 100 pounds.

RE: RE: Travelling with kids

by CliffClaven

The Holiday Inn chain offers excellent family accommodation. Check the website for locations and deals.

www.holiday-inn.com

RE: Travelling with kids

by KidsToLondon

Much of the answer depends upon your budget...London is one of the more expensive world cities for accomodation. The Holiday Inn Mayfair is a hotel that I often recommend because:

--the location is superb...just a block from Green Park Underground station, near The Ritz Hotel (where you COULD stay if money is no object), and on the southern edge of Mayfair. You can walk to Buckingham Palace, St. James's Park, etc.

--rooms are modern (air-conditioned) and most are standard "American-style" rooms with two queen beds that can accomodate some family groups.

--prices are moderate, by London standards. The lowest I've seen recently has been about £130 for advanced purchase rates.

Family groups on more of a budget can also consider the popular Travel Inn County Hall hotel. More basic (no a/c), but modern and also in a top location (just across the river from Parliament and next to the London Eye).

If you are staying for more than a few nights, renting an apartment might also work for you.

Hope this is helpful.

Dave White
dw@KidsToLondon.com

RE: RE: Travelling with kids

by paulinuk2u

have a look at superbreaks.com

Comments