Holiday Inn Regents Park

Holiday Inn London - Regent's Park
Booking.com HolidayInn.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Britannia2's Profile Photo

Don't be put off by the building style

An awful building of precast concrete blocks dropped in to presumably an open site in the 1960s but this is the hotels only bad feature. OK so its a chain that probably caters for group bookings for tour companies but a wonderful hotel inside. The entrance is inviting and the reception staff welcoming and courteous. On the first floor is a bar and restaurant and a large seating area - so many hotels these days have no open seating areas for people to sit and read or chat.
    The room I had was well appointed - very comfortable bed, one easy chair , a dressing table and some hanging space with a minibar, safe included and tea and coffee making facilities. The TV was rather old but not a problem as I never watch TV much anyway.
    The bathroom was fine - the tiles were in need of grouting in places and it is probably in need of a refit within the next year or so.
    Breakfast offered everything you could possibly want.

Unique Quality: Location was excellent. Great Portland Street station is a 2 minute walk and there is a Sainsburys Local across the road should you need anything. Bus 453 stops nearby and this is handy for the West End if you do not want to walk.

Directions: Turn right out of Gt Portland Street station and Carburton Street is in front of you (there is a Tesco Metro on the corner) and it is a 2 minute walk.

• A hotel to come back to

Great and helpful staff. Room a bit on the small side, as the bathroom, but it was ok. There was a rather busy street outside and the noise was a bit too much when the window was open, with window closed it was almost dead silent, very nice. The bed was also on the small side, I guess it's a standard double bed, and it was unstable. It rocked and wiggled as soon as you moved even a tiny bit, I was not amused.
    The TV had a selection of standard channels, pay channels and a playstation mode with included hand controller. Nice touch!
    Hair dryer, iron, mini bar and safety box was also in the room.
    Breakfast was standard english and continental. I wished they had a better selection of bread though, it was toast and 1 other. Also, I want more than cheese and marmalade. Apart from that, the breakfast was good.
    The service was excellent throughout the stay.
    Highly recommended.

More about Holiday Inn Regents Park

A true holiday at Holiday Inn Regents Park

Holiday Inn Regents Park provided us with two adjoining rooms that were spacious (by London standards) quiet, clean very suitable for my husband, myself, daughter and granddaughter. The buffet breakfast, which was included, was perfect! Convient to three tube stops and located in a neighborhood with many ethenic restaurants, we'd stay there again!

Wonderful area!

I stayed at the holiday inn regents park for about ten days. This hotel is in a fabulous area and close to three tube stops (regents park, great portland, and warren street). Don't let the 60's exterior fool you, the interior is warm and inviting. The room was clean and quiet, and the bathroom had everything one would need. Just a very pleasant place and a great value for the price. There is also a starbucks just across the street which is helpful on those early mornings. If you are on a budget, you won't be disapointed.

nice i would reccomended

by TripAdvisor Member genol

i stayed at holiday inn regents park for 4 nights in the middle of july 2005, the hotel is nice and clean, rooms are not very big but more than ok for a short stay. the hotel is very closed (2 minutes or less) from great portland tube station. the neighbourhood is quiet even during the night, you can walk from piccadilly circus or oxford circus without any trouble moreover close to the hotel you can find some grocery stores, pubs and restaurant. definitively, if requested, i woould reccomend this hotel in london!!

Not a bad place to stay in London

by TripAdvisor Member Vessup

I had first made reservations at the Strand Palace Hotel, but the reviews on Trip Advisor were consistently bad and truly frightened me, so canceled my reservation. So, I did more research and found that the reviews for the Holiday Inn Regent's Park Hotel were not too bad.

I stayed one week in the Holiday Inn Regent's Park from November 11-18. Check-in was very quick; however, upon entering the room, I did notice a strong scent, which turned out to be the funky smell of cigarette smoke. I did reserve a non-smoking room, but I was given a smoking room, which was freezing cold because of a draft.

A couple hours later, I determined that I could not stay in the room. I called the front desk, and the lady who checked me in said to go downstairs to the front desk at about 4:30 for a room change, as all the rooms would be cleaned and then I would be able to get the room I needed. While waiting for the next room, I call the front desk to complain about the draft, and the front desk agent summoned maintenance to my room. Within ten minutes, two polite gentlemen were there to release a screw to quickly close the outer sliding window.

I did, indeed, go downstairs later, and I was immediately given another room; however, upon entry, I discovered a man who had checked into the room about 30 minutes earlier. This happened due to oversight of the front desk agent, who immediately apologized and gave me another room, which was perfect. There seemed to be maintenance work on the fourth floor.

The room I got was small, but the bathroom was certainly larger than the first room. The bed was big and comfortable, and the walls were not so thin to hear any noises from adjacent rooms. The room also had a tv with built-in alarm and an easily operable safe. The heating system was easy to operate and worked properly. After the initial rooms mix-up, I never had any trouble with the staff nor the room. Other than for horribly smelling smoking room, I never noticed any bad scents.

All staff were very helpful, and they all addressed my questions or requests right away. The rooms are very comfortable, and the hotel is located near the good locations of central London. Further, as I discovered during my last couple days, the Great Portland Station is just a two or three-minute walk around the corner and up the street from the hotel, so catching a train is easy and covenient. The area is very clean and quiet, and walking at any time of the day is safe and pleasurable.

I ordered meals via room service several times, and each time the meal was delivered before the time they said it would be ready. The staff delivering the meals were very kind and polite, and the food actually was good in quality and portions, so I have no complaints. Good things I tried on the menu: Pizza, hamburgers, chicken club sandwich, and chicken and bacon burger, and a couple deserts. The Brit Vic 55 sparkling apple drink is great, too.

The hotel is not 4-star, but it is very clean, modern, and quiet, and the staff is polite and attentive to the concerns of the guests. You can also change up to $100 US dollars daily at the front desk. However, do refrain from using the phone, as it is quite expensive-3 pounds per minute for international calls and 50 pence per minute for local calls! There is one computer terminal to right of the lobby at a cost of 3 pounds per 15-minute session-which you can pay for with a credit card.

There was a fire alarm at 1:00 am during my first night, and the fire department (brigade) was called. The next day, the management delivered a letter apologizing for the alarm.

I definitely would stay there again, but I would try to get a better rate than which I paid. I paid the regular rate because of time constraints and limitation of similar decent accommodations in London at that rate. The hotel is clean, quiet, safe, and in a good area, and the service is good.

One of the best holiday inns

The staff were friendly, the hotel was fabulous and the location was brilliant .there is a tube station a minute away from the hotel which brought you everywhere within minutes. one of the best holiday inns i've stayed in.

I keep on coming back

I stay at this hotel regularly on business and choose this hotel over several others in this area of London.

Firstly, the hotel is in a very safe neighbourhood and it is comfortable walking back to the hotel in the evening. There are several excellent restaurants nearby - I recommend Villandry which is just across the road on Bolsover Street. The hotel is also very close to two underground train (subway) stations and is also in an area well serviced by taxis so you can just flag one down in the street if you choose.

The hotel itself is good. Unfortunately it is housed in a dull 1960s facade but inside the facilities are in good order. The rooms are a good size (for a London hotel - I know our American cousins are used to bigger) and are immaculately clean. The hotel also has very efficient air conditioning which is great in London as sometimes in the summer the air can be stuffy.

Breakfasts at the hotel are good but if you prefer not to spend the £12 there are several small cafes / restauarants around the hotel that serve breakfast. The Villandry restauarant (on the road opposite) serves excellent pastries and coffee if you prefer not to have the full English heart attack breakfast! This is also one of the few London hotels that I enjoy room service at as the menu is reasonably priced and the food appetising.

Clean, comfortable, very high quality

We stay here quite regularly for business in London and find it to be a very high quality, clean and comfortable hotel. The staff are all very helpful and attentive and the rooms are very well equipped.

Breakfast here is excellent although expensive -a full English buffet with hot and cold food as well as pastries and cereals. There is a wonderful restaurant called Vilandry very nearby where you can get fabulous breakfast for half the price!

The location of the hotel is excellent as it is a 5 minute walk from Oxford Circus - however the nearest tube is Great Portland Street and it is serviced by the most unreliable lines on the Underground! It is also not very conveniently connected to other lines - however it is on a direct route to Paddington which is useful for arrival and departure. During your stay it is much better to walk to Oxford Circus during the day and take a taxi at night.

An excellent hotel of an extremely high standard, but not cheap.

Pubs near Regents Park

by colincox

I'll be attending a conference at the Holiday Inn, Regents Park, from 26-28 February. Does anyone know of good (i.e. typically English) pubs in that area so that I'm not stuck in a boring hotel bar?
A pint for the best reply!
Thanks
Colin

RE: Pubs near Regents Park

by zuriga

There are a lot of pubs on Great Portland St. and also on Marylebone High St. Two with great ratings are The Albany at 20 Great Portland and The King's Head at 13 Westmoreland near Marylebone. The UK Google map is great for finding street locations if you need help. That entire area is filled with lots of pubs.

RE: Pubs near Regents Park

by St_Vincent

Hi Colin, whenever I am travelling around the UK I use this site to search for good pubs. Click on the Advanced Search tab on the left and simply enter the postcode of the hotel. This will give you a list of many pubs nearby, it will tell you how far away from the hotel they are, what facilities they have got and also has reviews by people who have visited, some also have pictures.

I find it a really good site, I am a member myself but haven't reviewed any pubs in that area yet. Shame about the dates as I will be in Belgium during that time otherwise I might have joined you for a pint. Cheers

RE: RE: Pubs near Regents Park

by colincox

Thanks,
Sorry to miss you-maybe another time.
Colin