3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Rated 17% higher but also costs 136% more than other 3.5 star hotels

More about Niki Hotel London

Nice Hotel in an edgy Paddington

by TripAdvisor Member Olofvilla

Stayed for two nights in a superior single, the room is small but furnished to a very high standard, very comfy bed and great rain shower and toiletries. Philips Flat Screen TV was a good standard

Very helpful reception staff

Literally minutes to walk to Tube , giving District/Circle and Bakerloo access and Paddington main station

5 Minutes walk up the road is the Hilton Metropole where you will pay a lot more for the standard of room the Indigo provides.

Will and am staying again soon

Great Secret

by TripAdvisor Member fussyt

I should really keep this one quiet - However I will share with you if you want a fantastic central london hotel look no further. Absolutely first class. All the trappings of home rolled into a central hotel. With any amount of luck IHG will roll out more Indigo brand hotels in the UK. Congratulations you have got it right and believe me I am not easily pleased. Bravo.

New Botique Hotel-Open 3 Months

by TripAdvisor Member luv2travel2day

New Hotel
My husband and I stayed at Hotel Indigo in Paddington for a long Valentine's weekend. My husband had a ton of award points and we wanted to use some of them in London. We found the NEW Hotel Indigo (not to get confused with the old one with bad reviews.) It looked fun and trendy and wanted to try it out. We hoped to stay 3 nights with points but were only able to book one. We paid for the other two nights.

Easy To Get To
Our tickets were into Heathrow and out of Gatwick. We found it really easy to get to and from the Hotel. We took the Tube (subway) from Heathrow (we had one change to manage to get to Paddington station.) We packed light and it was easy to bring our carry on luggage on the Tube. Before we left the states, we printed the map from the hotel's web site and used it to get to the hotel from the Padding Tube station. It's really easy. We followed the exit signs to the street and the hotel was just corner and half a block up.

To get to Gatwick we took a cab from the hotel for about 8 pounds to Victoria station where we grabbed an express Gatwick train for about 15 pounds each. It took about half an hour.

Excellent Location
It is just around the corner from the Hilton and the Paddington Tube and Train stations.(You can easily grab the Tube tp get all around London or a train for day trips all around London from here.) There was also a stop for the hop -on hop-off double decker tour bus at the corner just acoss the street from the hotel. That same corner is a main street where you can easily get a traditional English cab. We also walked to Hyde park from the hotel.

London Food
We ate at the Englsh pub and an Indian reastaurant on the same street as the hotel. We asked the Hotel Indigo receptionist for recommendations but she could only name one Persian restaurant. down the street. (There is no concierge desk so we expected her to be able provide "concierge-like" services but she could not.) We would recommend trying some of the great spots in Notting Hill -it's not very far away. The West End if chock full of fun places to eat as well.

European Sized Room
The room we had was a standard with an en suite bathroom. It was TINY compared to American hotels but it was new, stylish and we had a great view over looking the park across the street. We had read the reviews and expected it to be compact so we weren't disappointed. We had also looked at the online photos and so we knew it would be an eclectic and more modern- not a traditional "English hotel.

The little bathroom is very mod with a nice big shower head and handheld. However the water was just warm-we could never get it hot and steamy. It was really cold outside and we really, really want to warm up in a nice hot shower. You shoudl also watch out for two hazards-the pergo-like wood floor is slippery and the towel heater is in a locale where you can easily burn your bum!

Otherwise the room was super clean and brand new! It truely is a non smoking hotel and that made us very, very happy. (However, walking on the streets of London there are many smokers...)

We had trouble with our reservations many times which probably wasn't the hotel's fault but the main booking agent/system. For some reason, our stay was in the computer system under 3 separate reservations. So every day we had to check in with the front desk and get a new key. (I'm not sure why they just couldn't take care of that without the extra hassel.)

Hotel Food Service
Our first night ncluded a free breakfast for two. Our first experience with the cafe was not good. It was a very busy "holiday" weekend and they were not staffed with enough help. The coffee bar attendant, waitor and waitresses had too many customers and not enough help. We had to wait a very long time to be seated and then had to ask for both glasses and dishes for the breakfast bar. It took them forever to serve and later explain that there would be no bill. My husband was really put off.

However, we had dinner and breakfast included in another night and the food was yummy and service much better. Our waiter was GREAT but they still had problems with our reservation. The restaurant's computer system had "no record of our dinner "included with the booking." Luckily I printed out the confimration info before I left the states and brought back up with me!

Fast Check In/Slow Check Out
Our check in was fast-we were given the paper work for 3 nights and all matched what I had booked so we initialled the rates, etc. and they gave us our keys. (One is used for your lights.) All was good.

Check out took far too long. Our paper work had changed at check out and there was a charge for our free rewards points night of 100 pounds. The receptionist kept asking for my back up for the reward night because there was nothing in the computer (again.) Luckily I had my reservation codes with me and her supervisor took care of the problem as was VERY, VERY nice. However, we had to wait for :35 to clear it all up and this made us late for our train to the airport and my husband again was getting impatient.

We ran down to the main street to catch a cab to Victoria Station when the hotel Supervisor ran after us ---we had left our credit card with him and he was trying to give back to us before we drove off! That was very, very, very nice of him!

I have stayed in London 3 years ago and this hotel was a much better value. It was a fun place to try and seems to have worked out most of the "kinks" mentioned in some the other reviews.

Great hotel, great value

by TripAdvisor Member jack783

I have been to London dozens of times on business and finally had some flexibility to choose my own hotel. Usually I stay at the large business hotels in Knightsbridge or near the City. This time, I wanted to see what I could get for a more reasonable price. Indigo fit the bill in a lot of ways.

Indigo is a boutique hotel that had just opened two months prior, and all the facilities are brand new. The room was small, but well appointed, modern and clean. The room was basically the width of a double bed with a night table on either side. There was a small desk against one wall, but if you pulled the chair out too far it would hit the bed. In terms of length, there was just enough room to pass by the foot of the bed in order to get to the bathroom. There was a flat TV on the wall, and a good thing too, because there was have been no place to set a regular TV. I confirmed with the front desk that they would typically not give that room to two people (I was by myself). On the bright side, the bathroom was very large (actually about half the size of the bedroom) and as other have noted, decked out with Aveda toiletries, rain shower, etc. There was no bathtub. I was on the first floor (not ground floor) and had a nice patio outside with a table and two chairs. Wifi is free, which is unheard of in a London hotel. There is a fee for wired internet. There is a small fridge in the closet, handy for storing drinks from the nearby stores. There is no mini bar. The room safe is big enough for laptops. My room faced the back so there was almost no traffic noise. Also, I was right next to the elevator and stair case but never hear noise from either. The insulation must be very good.

There is a small bar and restaurant next to the front desk. The restaurant serves organic food and I had lunch there one day, and had dinner delivered to my room another day. The food was very good, but expect to pay hotel prices. Fortunately, there are a lot of cheaper alternatives nearby. One night, I got delicious take out from the Indian restaurant down the street. There are also numerous fast food places nearby. There is a free small workout room in the basement with one treadmill, set of weights, etc. Again, the quality is excellent, latest model Cybex all around. I was the only one in there on a Sat. afternoon. I believe the hotel also has an arrangement with a gym nearby that you can use for a fee.

Others have commented that the service could be better. Actually, I thought the service was not bad. The front desk woman was a little snippy the night I checked in, but after that everyone was very nice. People always said hi when I walked in and passed by the front desk and service in the restaurant was very good. Housekeeping was fine.

The bottom line is that for this price, Indigo is a great hotel. The room is small but the bathroom is large. There is a statistic that says most of the time you spend in a hotel room is either in bed or in the bathroom, and that's certainly true for me. If you can deal with the room size, I would highly recommend this hotel.

Indigo is one block from Paddington station, so you can take the Heathrow Express into Paddington and be at the hotel in 3 minutes. Paddington is also a major tube stop, convenient to all parts of London.

Great service, lovely rooms

by TripAdvisor Member CornwallBracken

This is one of the friendliest hotels I've stayed in. The staff were all so friendly and really made me feel welcome from the moment I arrived. It's a 5 minute walk from Paddington station and underground, in a safe area with lots of pubs and restaurants. My room was quiet (looked over the back - I guess rooms at the front might be noisier), and beautifully decorated with a really comfy bed, big flat screen TV, sound dock for an I pod and wi-fi that worked. Big walk in shower. The room wasn't huge but was fine for one (it was a single, but with a double bed). I got an Internet deal on the price of £89 per night - I think the hotel's just opened so the real rate might be higher - and given that it's London, the quality of the room and closeness to transport links it was a bargain.

by TripAdvisor Member BellaMoonBeam

A hotel has to feel right more than it has to look right, and Hotel Indigo does just that. The décor is funky and individual. A breath of fresh air amongst the mediocre, bland and dull. Zany, original décor, lots of bold patterns and coloured glass in the foyer set the scene. The carpets are bright and the furnishings are original, and what’s all the more remarkable is that this hotel is owned by the Holiday Inn chain, known for their solid, reliable, predictable sameness the world over.

We stayed for a Saturday night in March 09 whilst visiting exhibitions at the Royal Academy. The location is excellent for access to public transport, being only 2 mins walk from Paddington main line and tube stations. We were using Priority Club free-night points so couldn’t really complain, but we were given a room at the back in the basement. The frosted patio doors looked out onto a courtyard barely 3 metres square and the kitchen extractor droned above us but every other aspect of our room met or exceeded expectations.

The décor is plain and simple but very clean and in excellent condition. The room size was adequate considering the location. The bed was comfortable (beware if you’re used to American terminology; a Queen size bed in England is no more than 5 feet wide) with loads of pillows and cushions. Facilities include a smart kettle, a small fridge (OK, so it’s not a mini-bar – buy your own, it’s always cheaper, or drink tea with cold fresh milk), sufficient hanging & shelf space and a big flat telly.

The bathroom was small but very clean and in almost perfect condition. The shower was excellent with a monsoon rain-head and a hand-held spray in a large glass walk-in enclosure. Plenty of toiletries and, this may sound like a strange gripe; the bath towels are actually too big and heavy!

We had almost no problems and the staff were all polite, friendly and helpful. We left a suitcase with the porter for a few hours after we checked out and got a receipt slip, which is always reassuring, and tips were acknowledged with pleasant smiles and thank-yous.

We didn’t eat at the hotel but nice to see a huge stock of cakes and pasties on display in the lounge window throughout the day. We ate at a small local Italian restaurant (San Marco) – you’ll walk past it on the way to the hotel from the station. Simple, good food, quick service.

Summary? Great! No gripes, highly recommended. We’ll be going back to Indigo next time we’re in London.

St. George in the East - The new interiorSt. George in the East - The new interior

Tate BritainTate Britain

Thames ClipperThames Clipper

Curvy Georgian/Victorian crescentCurvy Georgian/Victorian crescent

wimbledon and Hampton court

by Debratoomey

I am staying in London at the Sheraton Park Lane for a couple of nights and wanted to possibly do the Wimbledon museum and/or Hampton Court. Would doing both in one day be feasible? My 24yr old son and I want to get out of the city for a day...to return in time for the theatre that evening. thanks!

Re: wimbledon and Hampton court

by TheWanderingCamel

You can do both in a day if you plan it well.

Allow about an hour to get to the museum - if you catch your first tube after 9.30 you can buy a cheaper all in one ticket - ask for a Travel Card to Hampton Court

This website

tells you exactly how to get from the museum to Hampton Court Palace - you can put in the date and time to suit your plans - or you could take an expensive taxi ride.

Give yourself about an hour to get back from Hampton Court to you hotel

Comments