Hotel Indigo London Tower Hill

Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Rated 18% higher but also costs 78% more than other 3 star hotels

• DAO's Profile Photo

I WISH I COULD AFFORD TO STAY HERE

Yes I did stay here. I just didn't pay for it. I had used my favorite Hotel website (Hotels.com) to book another hotel. There was a mistake on the reservation and they asked me where I need to be. I explained I was working in the City (of London) and they found this wonderful Boutique hotel. Wow. From the second I walked into the plain building I knew something was different. I was greeted very warmly and offered everything. Newspaper, business services, gym in the morning, you name it. It was too late for the gym, but I knew these nice people would be as happy to serve customers in the morning as well.

My room was amazing. In fact - it really does look like their website photos. My 4 posted bed was comfy. My wi-fi service was excellent. I ironed my clothes (in the room) in my new robe while I watched my nice TV and drank cold beers (ok I brought those in). I did have a nice fridge to raid for some cold drink in the morning.

After a good nights sleep I set up my espresso machine and went for a shave in my nice bathroom with all sorts of lighted mirrors. My shower was really great and the towels well worth stealing (no I didn't). But I did take some nice toiletries home.

I enjoyed my room so much, I decided to work from the room that morning. I really did not want to leave!

This is a great hotel. Its hard to believe its part of the InterContinental Hotel group as it definitely does not look like a chain hotel at all. If you want a bit of luxury and comfort near the Tower of London (and City) - this is a great choice.

Unique Quality:
    • All rooms have 4 poster beds, different murals of the area with unique décor
    • Stereo and iPod dock
    • Esspresso machine and coffee/tea facilities
    • Complimentry drinks in the fridge
    • Quiet
    • Iron, board, robes, slippers, good toiletries, cottin balls, etc.
    • Safe, goo closet, desk, nice shairs
    • Excellent wi-fi
    • Gym
    • Climate control
    • Square Mile Kitchen & Lounge (British cuisine)

Directions: TUBE:
    Tower Hill (Circle, District)
    Tower Gateway (DLR)
    Aldgate/Aldgate East (Circle, District Hammersmith & City, Metropolitan)

More about London

St. Katherine Docks - LondonSt. Katherine Docks - London

Westminster AbbeyWestminster Abbey

Tower of LondonTower of London

My potato dish....very tasty!My potato dish....very tasty!

From Airport to Chigwell

by jerrybarach

Can anyone suggest the least expensive and best way to get from Heathrow to Chigwell by public transportation?

by puerto_lover

If you use the London Underground (The Tube) you can do the entire journey for £4
Picadilly Line and Central Line.
Map of system:http://www.bbc.co.uk/london/travel/downloads/tube_map.html
Your going from bottom left to top right.

by jerrybarach

Thanks, but the underground map didn't come up.

by jerrybarach

Apology. I didn't load it right the first time. I saw the map. Thanks. DO you know about how long the trip would take from Heathrow-Chigwell and from Chigwell to the center?

by puerto_lover

Tube journey should tyake about 1 hour 36 minutes from Heathrow to Chigwell.
Suggest that you look at the Travel Planner:
On Journey Planner go to the Advanced Options after filling in first details, then select Tube only. Check for any engineering delays of course. usually available on the same web site.
Chigwell details to other locations on same site.

Travel Tips for London

The castle, the fortress and...

by Hanna_S

The castle, the fortress and the palace in the past. The most terrifying prison for many years. The place that only a few prisoners managed to escape from. I mean Tower of London. Now it's a museum that's REALLY WORTH visiting.
Photo: Tower of London - Traitor's Gate. It used to an entrance for the prisonners condemned after trial at Westminster.

Lewes Castle, Lewes

by Plendil

Stop at Lewes (pronounced Lewis I think) and have a look around the castle. Unfortunately I did not have time to do this so one day I may return because it looked quite a decent place to spend a few hours.

View from the Royal Festival Hall

by Mariajoy

This is a view of Charing Cross Station, Hungerford Bridge and the Thames taken from the Royal Festival Hall during the VT meeting we had on 19th June.

The RFH is Europes largest cultural complex and there are many free foyer events throughout the year.

Tel: 020 7960 4242 (box office) for more information.

The Famous Ravens

by viddra

To the west of the White Tower, the Tower of London, is Tower Green where you'll see the famous ravens. There are 8 of them today and they all have names.

It's said that if they leave the Tower, the Kingdom will fall.

But a nicer thing is that if you see a raven you'll come back again.

For walking around London you need...

by Marpessa

Small backpack/daypack, nothing too large. Comfortable shoes, some kind of sneaker might be best or a really good pair of sandles (check outdoor gear shops). Bring an umbrella, just in case. And dress in layers. Take face wipes with you as I can guarantee by the end of a day walking around your face will have dirt on it. Stock up on film/memory cards as there is a lot of pictures to be taken in London. Also I recommend buying Lithium batteries for your camera (they're good batteries to get if you have a digital camera).

Comments