53 - 57 Belgrave Road, London, SW1V 2BB, United Kingdom

Satisfaction Poor

Costs 25% more and rated 11% lower than other 3 star hotels

• tickytock's Profile Photo

First European Hotel Experience

This was the first hotel I staved in on my first-ever trip to Europe- was there for approximately three nights. The room in which I stayed (with three travel companions) contained four single beds, three dressers and two radiators, all crammed into one smallish room. It was definately cozy- too cozy, I would say, considering the amount of luggage some of us decided to bring. To access the bed furthest away from the door, one would have to make three giant leaps over the first three beds, all the while attempting not to squish any of the luggage or bags on the floor. Not that i'm complaining: it was a real bonding experience for all of us and we all got a lot closer over thoses few days.

The bathroom was an honest laugh for us... it looked almost as though the architects had run out of room and had simply decided to put the toilet on the inside of the shower. The whole shebang took up at most, twelve feet squared. Although on the plus side (and for me, this is a MAJOR plus), they had amazingly fluffy towels and not only that, but there were enough for all of us.

If you do decide to stay at this hotel, I would not stop you- except to say that you should NOT get a room on the first floor. Ours was, and it had two windows which you could easily see through from the street. Since the drapes in our room were sheer and fairly easy to see through, we felt very exposed as we slept. I would either recommend a) getting a room on a higher floor, or b) asking for more sheets at the front desk, so as to further cover the windows.

Unique Quality: THE GOOD: breakfast included. access to payphone. able to have a nice pee at the same time you took a shower. nice towels. good location at an amazingly cheap price. close to tube station.

THE NOT-SO-GOOD: the small size. being able to be seen by random passers-by as you slept. tripping over the toliet as you washed your hair.

The included breakfast consisted of bacon, sausages (no good for me, I'm a vegetarian), lumpy cold eggs and toast. the toast were actually pretty good, but having a slice of toast and a cup of tea for breakfast resulted in me going all hobbit-style and resorting to eating "second breakfast" a few hours later. But what can you expect really- it was free after all.

Directions: Borough of Westminster

• Gyppo's Profile Photo

Huttons Hotel, Victoria, London

I stayed here for one night. Room was small, with a good firm bed, in which I slept well. The room had tea and coffee. The television did not work properly, and there was no remote control. The shower was small, and there was very little hot water in the morning. I had the same problem in the evening when shaving.

Staff were friendly, although I didn't have many dealings with them. When I explained I would have to leave before breakfast was served, the receptionist volunteered the services of the night porter who would make me some bread and jam. In the event, I did not have time to pick this up.

Overall, the hotel was just barely adequate, and I am glad it was on expenses. Picture is courtesy of the hotel website.

Unique Quality: Reasonable location, near to Victoria tube. On a fairly quiet street. The hotel also organises tours including London and Windsor.

Directions: Victoria is nearest tube. Exit through shopping centre and turn right towards Belgave Road. Walk past Passport Office on left, and the hotel is about 10 minutes walk, on the left.

More about Huttons Hotel

Huttons: Still trying, has potential.

by TripAdvisor Member RubyDuo

Hair Dryer and Tea Pot made us feel comfortable in early a.m. and late p.m. Right on Bus 24 line. Did not even have to leave Bus Zone 1 to see W. Abbey, Parl., British M. Pick up double decker bus across street. Huttons, still working the kinks out but has potential. Clerks friendly but didn't appear trained. Fend for yourself to get bus/soda spare change or airport confirmations. Rooms include wastebaskets, were clean! The English breakfast was ample: hot section, dry cereal section, juices, coffee, cocoa, etc. It seems B&B in London means hotel plus cafeteria. If you want a real B&B American style, search for “Home Stays” in London. Sure, bathroom was a later addition to the room, self-contained, it did the trick. Contains soap. Sorta feels like an airplane bathroom. Better than running down the hall. Room on second floor was quiet until the school kids moved in. But, hey we're all trying to get a cheap deal. Internet terminal is down the hall from clerk for 1GBP per half hour. One uses it standing up. Graveyard clerk was awake! I would go here again if I was on a budget.

Don't believe in your first impression

When I first arrived at Huttons hotel I felt kind of scared. You enter the reception and see a couple of TVs beyond de desk wich show a dark, mighty and pressumably dirty inner side. Forget about the security cameras the rooms are OK, cleaned every day (towels included) and warm. Coffee and tea facilities are offered, but don't try to have a coffee if you like good ones.
Probably there's one remarcable thing about the room : I saw the tiniest bathroom ever. It seemed to be as those of planes or those you find in the street. It was incredible, a doll's house has bigger ones. However, it was clean, and if the only thing you want is have a shower and shave yourself you won't complain.
The staff is friendly, I had no problems to obtain a better room when I asked for it and they took all my lugage there with any personal loose. They showed us where to find nice restaurants and that staff.
It is further form Victoria Station than I thought (about ten minutes walk), but the area is secure, there's nothing to worry about. Notice that the following tube station is nearer than victoria.
In any case, if you are in a budget trip in London, Huttons is a good hotel, I have no complain.

A Great base

I've rated this hotel excellent based on its value for money, location & staff rather than room size and shag pile!! I stayed at this hotel with a friend and my 2 children in a quad room for a great price. The room was newly decorated & clean with plently of wardrobe/drawer space for a short stay. Its not the Ritz but this small hotel has polite staff, clean rooms and the breakfast is big! A great base for sight seeing with the kids as we were able to walk from Victoria Coach Station and nearest tube is at bottom of the road. Would stay again for a short stay.

Not bad

by TripAdvisor Member suzyjt2000

Just staye at Hutton hotel for 2 nights in Dec 04
once we eventually found it we thought it was a nice hotel the rooms were clean and comfortable and the brekfast was ok. i really do not know what some people expect for £50 per night in London which I thought was fairly reasonable

Exactly what it says on the tin

by TripAdvisor Member lozzybird

A good, cheap, clean hotel in London. That's exactly what Hutton's is. Room was small but very clean and adequate facilities. We found the breakfast to be as good as any mass cooked breakfast can be. The staff very very polite and helpful.
Having seen the complaints below, we are stunned! What do these people expect for the money, we have had worse service in far more expensive hotels than this!!!! Will use again.

Not a base for a night in the West End!

We found this hotel on Lastminute having searched for hotels in the vacinity of the West End. This was not really the case, and the entire journey into London, to the Theatre, and back to the hotel was a nightmare. Not a good start at all.

The hotel room was tiny... we had to squeeze between the bed and the portacabin bathroom. The bathroom was not the freshest, smelling quite damp , and was certainly not the cleanest I've seen! Our room was tucked in the basement, right in between the "restaurant" and the laundry area, so the noise and smells were not the most welcome from 7:00am, having had no sleep due to a lumpy matress and people walking by and talking outside the window.

The lack of parking, size of hotel room, cleanliness and general experience meant that I really wished I'd spent the extra £19 for which we could have stayed at a 4* place in the West End.

However, this place would make a perfect base for a backpacking alternative to youth hostels, the desk staff were friendly and the breakfast was what you would expect. It is not a hotel to use if you plan a first-time trip to a West End show!

Skip this one

by TripAdvisor Member TX2Step

We were not pleased with this hotel, very small, dirty and noisy. The rooms were small and the bathroom was an all in one toilet, sink and shower; something similar to RV campers. The breakfast was the highlight of the day.

Good party!

A small hotel room, but clean. Very friendly staff (who throw great parties by the way, thanks for inviting us!) and a good location! Stay: 2 nights december 2004

by Alisha23

Hi,

I've booked this hotel for May, anyone has stayed on it and can tell me anything? Is it clear, confortable ..?

Thanks a lot

RE: Huttons Hotel

by zuriga

Check it out on www.tripadvisor.com if you want some reviews.. it's a very helpful site. The ones for this place seem to vary a lot from clean and small to disgusting. Maybe you should rethink...

Comments