Hyatt Regency The Churchill

Hotels.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Costs 34% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• Mike_Anton's Profile Photo

Excellence In Service

What a wonderful experience staying at this hotel for about 9 days. The level of attention and service from all the staff was second to none. A special thanks to concierge Adela who was absolutely delightful and most helpful. The breakfast was amazing with a huge selection. We stayed on the club floor (#8) and we had the luxury of having free snacks and drinks during the 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m period. We also ate once in the dining lounge for dinner and we had drinks most nights at the fabulous and very chic Churchill Bar. The staff at the bar were excellent and it was great getting to know some of the people working at the hotel. The king sized bed was so comfortable. Free internet service in the room and business areas was a plus. My overall experience of my trip to London was superb and I hope to be back one day in the near future.

Unique Quality: One of the best hotels for customer service. Great breakfast buffet.

Directions: West end.

• Manara's Profile Photo

A hotel with a tradition

I did not write a tip the first time I stayed at this hotel, and now I am glad I did not.
    The reason is that I was not satisfied at all, due to several problems with the service. However, at the time of my first stay the hotel had recently changed hands, so I thought the problems could be ascribed to this, and I refrained from posting my complaint. In fact, on my second stay the service was perfect, and I found that bathrooms had been renovated.

Unique Quality: The location is great, close to Oxford Street.
    Moreover I like very much the interior decoration and furniture, the fact that fast internet connection is available in all rooms, the 24-hour business centre where you can print out all the papers you need without any charge. Finally, I like very much the restaurant and bar, which serves also as breakfast room.

Directions: In a leafy square just off Oxford Street, near Selfridge's

• Good, very good.

Lovely hotel in a good location, just off Oxford street, on Portman Square, about 2 minutes walk from Marble Arch. Good service, which included making up the room at least twice a day (more on request). Pleasant, quiet atmosphere. Clean, spacious rooms. Not so impressed with bathroom goodies, rather cheapish for a 5*. The restaurant was closed for refurbishment (due to open late May) and the breakfast was served in different other rooms. One of the nicest continental breakfasts I've seen so far in Europe. You can have a full hot English breakfast at an additional charge. Very good coffee, I was impressed. Would stay there again.

Unique Quality: Nothing truly outstanding, but everything consistently good. The hotel is clearly popular with visitors from the Middle East, Arabic language can be heard everywhere. Felt like home :o) I haven't used any of the facilities, so can't comment. Bathroom was fine, bed was fine, there was a robe and slippers, and a safe in the room. Coffee making facilities, etc. Overall was a very pleasant stay.

Directions: Portman Square, can't miss it.

• TinKan's Profile Photo

Good Location

The InterContinental Churchill London is located near the Marble Arch in the West End area and is a short walk to the city bus, the big RED tour bus and the Marble Arch Metro station.

Check with some of the travel agents for information about specials at this hotel. We were able to get a package with flights which reduced the room cost from $300 a night to $120.

When you get here do not forget to ask for a room upgrade.

Unique Quality: There is a very good Cigar bar located in the hotel where you can have a drink and a fine cigar.

Directions: Nestled on the picturesque gardens of Portman Square.

• Dionosaur's Profile Photo

We got a good package deal...

We got a good packaged deal and stayed at the Hotel Churchill Inter-Continental in London.
    The rooms were very nice and the people were very pleasant. If you can afford it, this is a great place to stay.

Unique Quality: The best thing at the hotel was the breakfast buffet which was delicious. Best croissants I have ever had. Make sure you get this included with your room, otherwise it is very expensive.

Directions: The hotel is located just down the street from Marble Arch where you can easily catch the tourist bus.

More about Hyatt Regency The Churchill

loved the Hyatt Churchill

by TripAdvisor Member lynn2

We weren't expecting much after reading the reviews on this site - but I guess even Trip Advisor members aren't always right (I've just always relied on the advice I've received here - usuallly right on target) We loved the Churchill, from the minute we stepped out of the cab. The friendly welcome from the staff was exceptional. The hotel is lovely, our room was lovely, everything looked very clean and in great shape - nothing looked "worn". The restaurants looked great, although our short stay didn't permit us to try them. We stayed on the club level, free with Hyatt points, and were treated like royalty. The delicious snacks and drinks in the lounge, and the continental breakfast, were great. It was so nice to be able to grab a bottle of water or Diet Coke whenever we wanted! The hotel arranged a minicab for me for airport transport since I couldn't manage the Gatwick express myself with all my luggage. The only drawback was that we thought we'd be closer to our daughter's flat than we actually were, but we were able to get around quite easily. We would definitely stay there again.

very good christmas in London at the Hyatt !

we were in London for Christmas and we spent 3 nights in the hotel "Hyatt Churchill" at the regency club . the hotel is beautiful inside ,the hall, the bars, the restaurants ( two) and our bedroom was big and very confortable! the staff looks kind and polite.the regency room where we had our breakfast is very lovely and with a lot of charm.... we 'll return with pleasure!

A decent enough choice if the price is right

by TripAdvisor Member tartegnin

Stayed here just overnight on business October, 2005 and was happy enough. The location is great for my favorite shopping (especially Marylebone High Street) and with decent enough access to the City and other points. The building itself is nothing special, looks like a '50s concrete block, but the lobby is rather grand - very open and lots of marble, and a good restaurant just off to the left - casual but pricey and good food.

The rooms are nothing to write home about. Comfortably furnished, and quite clean. My standard king on the fourth floor was a reasonable size, and the bathroom was just fine. The mattress could have been better - probably just about time to replace them.

Staff were pleasant and relatively efficient. I had a decent if not great rate of 165 pounds for the night not including breakfast (there were cheaper, bkfst included rates available, but not when I booked last minute), and only the nasty UK taxes made it nearly 200 pounds. While I wouldn't rush to stay here again, I wouldn't run screaming either, if it the offer was good.

average

Stayed here twice in the past two years.

We asked for nonsmoking rooms, but the rooms smelled strongly of smoke.. ashes and ciggies were found everywhere. Every room they showed us smelled of smoke. we finally worked something out with the manager, and they gave us the newest rooms they had.

Because the hotel is only a block away from the Arab part of London, there are a lot of Arab people at the hotel. I didn't mind, but many of them sat around in the lobby smoking nonstop.

The rooms are very WORN and OLD. This was a huge disappointment considering it is a Hyatt.

After all my complaints, why did I stay twice? Simple we got the rooms for free through hyatt gold points

Can do better

This hotel is satisfactory for one night, but the room is somewhat small and stuffy. I was charged more than $100 for a minibar I did not use. A reminder to always check your credit card bill because upon check-out I never saw an invoice with this charge. A phone call cleared up the problem immediately. You can find better in London for this price.

Comments