8-18 Inverness Terrace, London, W2 3HU, United Kingdom

Costs 31% less but rated 28% lower than other 4 star hotels

More about Hyde Park Executive Apartments Hotel

Great Value for money!

by TripAdvisor Member mallorca74

Our stay at Hyde Park Executive Apartments was fantastic. we paid £79 and got what seemed to be a brand new room with a fully equiped kitchennette.

The bathroom had a big shower, and was really clean.

I was a bit worried based on the previous comments about mattreses, however our mattress was brand new and really comfortable so I imagine that the company took those comments on board and decided to buy new ones!

Location was just great as well, just 100 meters away from Hyde Park and 2 min walk to Queensway or Bayswater tube stations.

All in all I would certainly recommed this place to anyone who looks for modern and clean accommodation and does not want to overspend.

Convenient location, clean but stuffy room

by TripAdvisor Member Trulycami

The apartment is conveniently located with 2 tube stations nearby - Queensway and Bayswater. There are plenty of restaurants nearby and a couple of supermarkets. There's also a shopping centre (Whiteley's) with a Marks & Spencer, a cinema and lots of other shops. Hyde Park and Kensington Palace is just across the main road.

The apartment was clean although quite small. The laundry room (located on the 3rd floor) was convenient.

However, the room was quite stuffy in summer. The window in the apartment had an opening at the top (about 10cm) and could not be opened further as there was a lock. Some nights were really stuffy. Despite being a non-smoking establishment, smoking was tolerated. We could smell smoke drifting in from some of the other apartments.

The street below was also rather noisy - we would be awakened by traffic noise early in the morning. The room was not well-insulated for sound. You can hear footsteps along the hallway from inside the room.

Overall, a nice place to stay at if you don't mind the inconveniences mentioned.

Clean and convenient but a bit chaotic!

by TripAdvisor Member LolaBirdie

Reception and checking in is chaotic, with well meaning but flakey staff unable to talk and stand up at the same time.The first room we were finally allocated was already occupied, so we had access to other people's belongings...staff were not worried by this. The chap who took me to a new room actually knocked on the door to check it wasn't occupied so I fully expected to find someone sleeping on my bed when I got back that evening - luckily not!
I think we had 'upgraded' - the new room was cool, on the 1st floor, and had some lovely original features...if you can negotiate a room (I think they could be sweet-talked) go for one at the back on the lower floors as the first room was stiflingly hot although there was a fan in there.
The room was all IKEA, clean, modern and fresh, the shower worked well and the crockery etc was spotless. The bed was fine, a camp bed type thing, a bit lumpy if I'm being really fussy but I slept well and the room was quiet.
I'm guessing the place hasn't been open that long as everything was pretty new looking. And being really cynical - it being IKEA - give it a couple of years and it will have probably all fallen apart!
Reception really need to get there fingers out, (perhaps a female could have multi-tasked a bit better..;) as it wasn't just us having problems, but the stay itself was really enjoyable.
It's also 50 metres from Hyde Park but still dead quiet, and as we were there there for a gig, absolutely spot on for location...the Bayswater cafe round the corner does breakfasts (but avoid the fry ups...go for croissants!)

Not worth it

by TripAdvisor Member fishboy007

If the hotel was half price, I may have been impressed. But with cracked tiles, smelly hallways and a lumpy mattress, I was not.

I booked this one for a one week stay in London thinking that the kitchen unit would save me money on the price of food. however, the kitchen was small, there was nothing provided in terms of washing soap, spices or anything you actually need to cook.

Obviously this did not stop the individuals down the hall who seems to enjoy cooking something resembling sweaty fish. This stench permeated the entirely floor.

The room was too small for two people to share, and there was no night stand. The tv had horrible reception and one of the lights was not working when we arrived.

There was no phone in the room! What kind of hotel does not have a phone int he room? I have stayed in worse places, but not many.

Fantastic location

by TripAdvisor Member Susiestoke

I was initially apprehensive about staying at the apartments due to the previous reviews but our stay there was very pleasant and trouble free. We stayed in room 303 which was not the biggest room but there was just enough space for 2 people. The room and the bathroom were spotlessly clean and the decor was fresh and newly decorated. We did not use the kitchen as the apartments are only round the corner from plenty of shops and fast food places but if you did want to prepare some of your own meals the appliances were clean and in full working order, there were also plates glasses and cutlery to use. Tesco express is just minutes away and the fridge was very handy to keep the beer cold.
The location of the apartments is excellent and just round the corner from Bayswater tube station which is on the circle and district lines.
We were very happy with our stay there but if I was being very picky we did need to keep the window open at all times due to the room being quite hot, this inevitably resulted in outside noise being heard although this did not effect our sleep it may be a problem for light sleepers. The mattress was not the best as the springs could be felt through it but again this did not effect our sleep at all.
There is no hairdryer in the room and not really a make up mirror apart from the bathroom so ladies may wish to bring these items with you.
The apartments are clean and in a fantastic location and I would highly recommend them.

It was a bad choice

by TripAdvisor Member travelmate92

When I searched for this hotel, I thought the location is brilliant.
The location is really good indeed, but everything else was so terrible, that I wish I never had stayed here.

Beginning with the furniture. The bed was so soft, that I could hardly sleep. I do not understand how a hotel which is in a high profile area buys low cost beds. People come to sleep in a hotel.

Second, the stuff came several times into my apartment, after knocking for 1 second on the door. It happend also during the morning hours when I was actually half naked. It was really an unfomfortable situation. But this would be fine if it happened once. After telling at the reception about the problem, in 2 days it happened again. I went again to the reception when they told me that they are sorry, but this problem can happen, because the hotel works like that.

Third, you can hear every noise in the room, actually you can hear what your neighbours rooms are talking about exactly.

In overall I am very upset, because I imagined a really nice stay with having nice walks in the Hyde Park, instead of that I got a lot of sleepless nights.

Amazing value

by TripAdvisor Member Bigben999

Very nice apartment with all the commodities to prepare your own meals. Imagine all the money you can save compare with an hotel. Near two metro station (Queensway and Baywater) and 2 groceries (Tesco and Spar). The room was small but very clean and confortable. The floor in the bed area is in hardwood and the bathroom in tile.

The personnal was nice and helpful. Everything seems to have been renovated recently.

My main concern before I arrived was the bed since I read so many bad comments. In fact, the bed was not so bad since I spend 8 nights there and I slept well. The matress is not exceptionnal but just fair.

Fantastic value for 80 pounds per night. It is half the price of many 4 star hotel in London.

Good value but plenty areas for improvement

by TripAdvisor Member jokskot

Small but good value for money.
Rather warm. We had the windows open constantly in late October - room 312.
I understand previous comments re beds but we slept well
Seemed to be a shortage of pillows - only two per double bed provided and they can provide additional ones only if others have not already requested them
Similarly there are fewer hair dryers than rooms and you can only have one if they're not already "loaned" out. I overheard one lady being told she could have one the following day!!
Cooking a bit of a joke because no ventilation above cooking area, therefore frying or making toast sets off the local smoke alarm.
Rooms are serviced only weekly so if you're staying more than a couple of days you do tend to accumulate a lot of rubbish

Photos published elsewhere are an accurate reflection of the accomodation

Just a couple of problems

by TripAdvisor Member Juan45

The location is great and the rooms are spotlessly clean and attractive with a good bathroom and powerful shower (no bath). However the main drawback is the lack of chairs and a table. Not even bedside tables. If you actually intended to use the kitchen for anything you would be eating off the floor or the bed.

There was is a small space on the kitchen bar and one bar stool. So even if you thought the bar space adequate to eat off (it isn't) one of you would be standing up.

And no spare pillows or bedside lights makes the watching TV/reading in bed a non-starter.

We had a semi-basement room, and when we pulled up the blind we found ourselves looking directly into another room across an internal courtyard, so unless you are an exhibitionist it means the blind has to stay down all day.

We mentioned this to the manager, who offered to try to move us the next day, but as we were out of the room most of the time we decided to live with it.

It's a shame - a bit more thought and not much more money would have made this a very pleasant place.

Sandy's Row Synagogue - LondonSandy's Row Synagogue - London

Rick Wakeman, High Voltage festival, East London.Rick Wakeman, High Voltage festival, East London.

Selling junk for over 100 years!Selling junk for over 100 years!

Fur is really not a good ideaFur is really not a good idea

Poet Lord Byron in London / Bollywood in London

by Nantosvelta

Hi,

Next week I will be in London for a few days.

2 questions:

Does anyone know any places, statues etc related to the romantic poet Lord Byron (1788-1824) in London?

Where can I see Bollywood movies in London?

Many thanks in advance.

Greetings, Nantosvelta

Re: Poet Lord Byron in London / Bollywood in London

by graeme83

I can't help with the first question, but there is a cinema in Southall, London that specialises in Bollywood films. It is called the Himalaya Palace.

Most cinemas in London will probably have at least one Bollywood film on at sometime during the week, but you will have to check their websites to find out times/dates.

Re: Poet Lord Byron in London / Bollywood in London

by NorCal08

Ranger, I felt compelled to respond to this as I live in a neighborhood here in California entitled Poet's Corner, and in fact I reside on Byron Drive. When I am in London this summer, I will now stop by WMA and check out Poet's Corner. Thanks!

Comments