Hyde Park Radnor

AMOMA.com Hotelsclick.com

Rated 21% higher but also costs 43% more than other 2 star hotels

• Gili_S's Profile Photo

Hyde Park Radnor Hotel

In my last visit I stayed in the small hotel Hyde Park Radnor. I found it by searching the internet and notice it was well recommended and good value per cost. The reservation was done via e-mail confirmation, on arrival the check-in was quick and as we arrived early we could leave our luggage and hit the streets of London to return later to our room. The room itself was small and comfortable.
    Some small issues to mention was the old fashion English water pluming in the bathroom / shower, toilet flushing being a bit stuck or the TV remote control hardly working didn't bothered me much but for a longer stay I would have ask to change the room.
    English breakfast was standard, just ok and nothing spectacular, however, the free Wi-Fi was working well.

Unique Quality: It is not unique, there are many hotels at this location and that is excellent, but the price per quality was worth it.

Directions: It is located by the Paddington station which is making easy access for anyone arriving from the Heathrow airport. I was arriving from Gatwick airport but still with a local bus from Victoria station it was also close enough.

• Beckhanne's Profile Photo

Nice hotel, good situation

We had a very pleasant experience at the Hyde Park Radnor. We prepared our trip a few months in advance and checked out different reviews of hotels in order to make a choice. We found what we were looking for on the Trip Advisor site. Of course the hotel had good reviews but we made our definite choice on the basis of the good location (2 blocks away from Paddington station and its different underground lines, 5-minute walk from Hyde Park) and the very good price offered when booking through the hotel's website. The room was small but in accordance with the London standards; the good breakfast (continental or English) was served by nice and busy "dinner ladies" and the reception staff was very helpful with directions or recommmandations on places to eat. I recommended to fellow VT member Rex Vaughan and he was also very satisfied. We would definitely stay there again on a next trip in London.

Unique Quality: Very good location two blocks away from Paddington rail and underground station.

Directions: Walk straight ahead on London street when exiting Paddington station. Cross the Sussex Gardens road and you'll find yourself on Sussex Place.

• rexvaughan's Profile Photo

Good location and good value

This little hotel was ideal for us in almost every way. Its location is good - just a t minute walk from Paddington Station and not much further to Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens. The room was no smaller than you would expect and was neat, attractive and most importantly very clean. The rooms all are en suite, some with showers and some with tub and shower (ours had a shower). All also include tea/coffee facilities, color TV, ironing facilities and internet access.

The full English breakfast (or continental if you prefer) is served in an attractive dining room and the food and service were excellent. Breakfast is included in the room price. There is also an elevator.

We found the staff very cordial and helpful. I was trying to locate the restaurant where we were to meet friends and the young desk clerk mapped it on the computer and printed the map for me.

The neighborhood seems quite safe and we felt no unease in walking there at night which we did on a couple of evenings. This area is full of small hotels and B & B's but is not filled with restaurants and bars. There is a good coffee shop and internet cafe nearby however.

I referred above to it as a good value and I think this is true, given that everything in London is expensive. Our room for 2 including breakfast was 95 GBP.

More about Hyde Park Radnor

by amerges about Hyde Park Radnor Hotel

Our hotel accomodations were wonderful in London. We were located just a few blocks from an Underground station, as well as several fast food restaurants and grocery stores.

London - Hyde Park Radnor Hotel - we would go again

by TripAdvisor Member FamRDV

Stayed for 2 nights, end of December 2005. In a good area (5 minutes walk to Hyde Park), good connections (5-10 minutes walk to Tube stations), renewed hotel rooms (and small but very nice bathrooms), friendly and efficient staff at reception and breakfast, good English breakfast, correct price. We went with three young children, and we would go again.

Fam. Remans

Great hotel, great location, great price

by TripAdvisor Member piledriver

We spent 5 very pleasant nights in London at the Hyde Park Radnor this past July. We were travelling as a family of 5 and the hotel was a great spot to stay with clean rooms, great location, great bathrooms and very good English Breakfasts. The staff were very friendly and we felt that it was good value for the money. It is not a 4 star hotel but really a great big B & B but that is what makes it great.

Disappointing...

The best thing about this hotel is the location as it is only a couple minute walk from Paddington Station. But other than that, it was disappointing. Rooms were VERY small (and I stayed as a single person in a double room!), bathroom was insanely small with only a shower and no room to turn around. But most disappointing was the owner/staff. Rude at times. My phone did not work and I asked to have it fixed. They told me it would be fixed and after 5 days it was still broken. This ment I did not get any calls that came to me (there is no dial out service at this hotel, you have to use a pay phone in the hallway). Towels were not replaced when asked. Breakfast was ok, but not that tasty. Overall, the location was great, but with all the other hotels in that area, I think there are better places.

friendly not

by TripAdvisor Member Streetwise

Arrived at hotel to find they had misplaced my booking so sent me to a hotel they used to own that was cheaper ,I stayed one night before I went back to Radnor. The Springfield where I stayed was friendlier and much better breakfast.
Actually the Radnors room was good very new and newly tiled bathroom though realistically I was paying more.
The staff were ok but the family that owned it were not too friendly.
All said ,I don`t think I will be going back to the Radnor.

Small, but clean & comfortable

We stayed at this hotel for it's location, and it did not disappoint. The rooms were small, but clean and the beds were comfortable compared to others we experienced on our 6 week trip. The bathroom was VERY small - picture a bedroom closet turned into a 'bath'. The shower was smaller than a telephone booth. Drop the soap and you have to get out to pick it up again! But hot water was readily available anytime we wanted it, the bathroom was cleaned daily, though only towels on the floor were replaced (which is okay with us).

This hotel is a good deal if you are only looking for a place to sleep. The breakfast is reasonablly tasty, a bit like home cooking where what you get from day to day is somewhat variable in flavor and the details on how it's prepared.

As for the staff, they were courteous and allowed us to leave our luggage in their lobby all day when we arrived from a red-eye flight at 7am - even though we knew our rooms wouldn't be ready until mid-afternoon.

Loved Location of Hotel

I am from Australia and
I arrived at this hotel on the 27th of June.
I was very happy with the hotel and the people were great.
It was also in a great location located about 2 mins from hyde park and right in central london.
I also could hear the Live 8 concert from my room.
Great place and nothing better than walking through hyde park in the early hours of the morning.
Will definatley visit this hotel again.
Thanks.
Brad.

b & b accomodation on this site and london

by davidm.me

Hi I'm traveling to London next month and I'm lookong for Bed & breakfast places
in Golders Green, Hampstead area.
I've stayed at Dillons in Belsize Park and my kids stayed in Mercias Lodge in
Golders Green which are both reasonable.
I'd be intrested to hear other peoples recommendations.
Could someone tell me where I can find specificaly b&b accomodations on this site, I could only find hotels.

Thanks

David

RE: b & b accomodation on this site and london

by worldinabag

Hi

We stayed in Hampstead Heath when we were in London. However I strongly recommend staying more central. It will save you time and money. Try Barry House Hotel - http://www.barryhouse.co.uk/ or http://www.abbeyhousekensington.com/ or B&B Belgravia - http://www.bb-belgravia.com or B&B Carlton - http://home.btconnect.com/cityhotelcarlton/Carltonwebpage/ or B&B Hyde Park Radnor.

Hope this helps.