Ibis London City

Tags

Business Travel Budget Travel
See Amenities
Dabs's Profile Photo

More budget lodging in the east end

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 11, 2013

Priceline wasn't giving me the same rates for the 2nd part of our stay so I finally booked the Ibis London City which is located in the Whitechapel area of London. I had previously stayed at the Ibis Budget Whitechapel which is just up the street but I didn't like the shower opening into the bedroom for a stay with my niece so I booked this one instead.

Unique Quality: A little disappointed that the wifi wasn't free, at every other Ibis I've stayed at it was. There are terminals in the lobby, 1L for 20 minutes, or you can pay 9.99L for use in your room per day (I think you also got upgraded TV). After I posted a review, the manager wrote me a note and said that they were making wifi free in the rooms and it appears to be so on their website.

Beds are comfortable compared to other Ibis hotels I've stayed at.

Bathroom a little small, small towels, toiletries were all attached to the wall, hand soap and bath gel which they say doubles as shampoo but I used my own.

Room was big enough but not a lot of space for luggage. Twin room is two beds pushed together, you can move them about a foot apart.

Teapot and tea complimentary, no room safe, no fridge, hair dryer

Directions: Aldgate East station, follow sign for Toynbee Hall, follow sign for Ibis, turn left out of the station and walk around the corner, 2 minute walk.

Tripack's Profile Photo

Clean and convenient location

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 29, 2006

This hotel was my basecamp for my London exploration and offer 348 rooms, one restaurant L'Estaminet for French cuisine and one bar. Reception staff was professionnal, friendly and helpful.

My room was basic, functional, quiet, clean with TV (7 channels), A/C and a shower.
The bed was no so comfortable as the mattress was to hard. Although it was a good thing to wake me up earlier to visit London and not to laze around my room ;-)

The location of this hotel is very convenient as all these destinations are within a short 15min walk (less 1 mile) The City, Swiss Re, Leadenhall Market, Liverpool Station, The Monument, Tower of London or Tower Bridge.

Week-end price are GBP 65, weekly prices are GBP 79-95 (prices 2006).

For farest destination, the Tube station Aldgate East is only 100m from the hotel.

Directions: Tube station: Aldgate East (1min by foot) on Hammersmith & City or District Lines

Nearby Ibis London City

• Restaurant
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

London Travel Forum

Need advice about London, United Kingdom? Visit the Travel Forum for London and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest London hotel reviews