3 Cardington Street, London, NW1 2LW, United Kingdom

Booking.com ibis Hotels.com

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo

Next to the Euston station

The IBIS Euston has 380 rooms from 95 Euro and up. Prices very much dependent on availability.

Unique Quality: Close to the Euston station and 2 bus stops from St. Pancras station.

Directions: At the West side of the Euston station

More about Ibis London Euston St Pancras

A clean and good situated budget hotel in London

by Penelope4 about Ibis London Euston St Pancras

My stay was from 24 to 27 December. I did not expect that I would meet not-so-nice staff in this hotel. The one who did my check-in definitely should not be assigned the same task. There was nobody at the desk when I arrived and when she showed up I smiled and greeted her good afternoon. She did not smile back. She wrote something and made me wait a bit. Then when she finished she asked me "What can I do for you?". I did not smile anymore and said "Well, I would like to check in". After checking my passport she asked me where I am from. I am Asian with a European passport, you see. I just told her that I am Austrian as there was no hint that she wanted to start a small talk but was just curious. The most unusual staff at the reception I've ever met and her lack of professionalism makes me regret booking a budget hotel, really.. That night (24 December), I sat for a long time and two staff in the restaurant chatted and did not even bother to come to my table. The place was almost bare. I stood up and went to another table close to a table which has been served already. There was a kind lady though who greets everyone and takes note of the room number of everyone coming for breakfast. At check-out I was behind a lady who even told the guy at the reception that the taxi was waiting outside because the guy was attending to her check-out, made her wait as he answered a phone and the phonecon went on and on. When it was my turn and paid something (my hotel was prepaid), I did not immediately say goodbye thinking that perhaps I get a bill. Nope, instead, the guy asked if there is anything else he can do without even bothering if I want an invoice. If I will come back to this hotel? I'd most probably check out the other Ibis hotels in London and hope they have more professional staff. Very clean room. Restaurant is fine. Coffee and tea-making facility in the room. There's even an ironing room but I did not go there. There are newspapers in the lobby. Special offer of GBP 9.99 for 24-hour access to movies and Internet.

Across the street, one can take buses that go to Notting Hill, Paddington.

I found the location excellent. There was a strike but I managed to go on foot to the Oxford Street from the hotel without even feeling tired.

A nice place to stay in London

by rngr633 about Ibis Hotel Euston

A nice 79.95 GBP room & great buffet breakfast for 4.95 GBP. Cheap for London! Right next to Euston Station. Very good location for rail travelers. Easy Tube access. Pets are allowed for an extra 10 GBP.

Great location, very good value

by TripAdvisor Member RaoTempe

We stayed in IBIS Euston for about 8 days in the last two weeks (just got back). Since my decision to go with Ibis Euston was in part based on the reviews here I thought I should post my review too.

We were travelling with my parents and had two rooms. The rooms were spotlessly clean. The bathrooms are sort of cylyndrical sections in one corner of the room, but were quite functional and very very clean.

The hotel is away from the Euston street and so was
very quiet.

The staff--most of them eastern european--were quite nice but generally leave you alone.

The hotel seems to be mostly used by business people--we didn't see all that many tourists there.

The hotel didn't seem to have any hidden charges--you can make long distance phone calls from the room and
get charged very reasonable prices (a night call to
Edinburgh cost me 40p). They have two coin-operated internet desktops in the lobby.

Although they don't advertise this, they seem to have half-a-dozen rooms where the desk in the room converts into a surprisngly comfortable single bed. This was *very* helpful to us as we had a child with us.

The location is quite nice--it is just a half-minute walk from Euston station & tube (Euston station--in contrast to Kings Cross just a few blocks away--is much quieter and nicer).

As for the restaurants--we normally had our breakfasts in the Euston station food court (which has some 10 fastfood type places including Ritazza--a nice coffee joint). There were another 5-6 food places in the courtyard of the station.

We were walking distance to British Library as well as British Museum.

A good night's stay

After a one night's stay at the Hotel Ibis Euston, I left impressed.

I had reserved a room online and hadn't made a note of the opening hours. I had hoped to get to the hotel at 8.30pm but my train was severely delayed, and I was worried I might get in too late for checkin. I tried phoning the hotel to explain and asked what the latest checkin time was, but my phone call was cut short when I lost my mobile reception on the train. When I finally arrived much later, I discovered that the hotel was 24 hours, but, despite this, the friendly and efficient staff had put a message on my account to say I could be checking in later on.

The decor in the room was unusual, and perhaps would not be to everyone's taste, but everything was spotlessly clean and fresh. The sheets were spotless and everything was well laid out. The normal TV and refreshments were provided. The bed was very comfortable which aided a good night's sleep.

The room was a nice, comfortable temperature - a refreshing change, as I find most hotel rooms are uncomfortably hot. A thermostat is provided if the temperature isn't to your taste, and the one in my room was within reach of the bed - a nice touch.

I had the continental breakfast which was reasonably priced and a large selection of food was provided, both hot and cold. The breakfast hall was busy, but the service was quick and plenty of seating is provided. One small annoyance was that I couldn't find any toast, but I did see someone else having it so it must have been available.

The checkout process was quick and painless, and the staff were friendly and helpful. A fairly large queue of people was dealt with quickly and effectively.

More than I expected for the price I paid

by TripAdvisor Member SLin96

At 70 GBP (pounds) I knew that this was not going to be a fancy hotel with great service. I have stayed at Ibis hotels before and have always been happy. My stay at this Ibis exceeded my expectations. We arrived at 7am hoping that maybe we could checkin early. To our surprise they checked and were able to accommodate us. Front staff were cheerful and helpful. Internet (2 computers) in the lobby although I didn't use it. Room is small but completely identical in size and furniture to French Ibis hotels. Surprised there was a bathtub - nice hot pressure shower for us. Our nights were quiet in fact silent. Room was clean. The best thing is the location. Shortcut (through the Euston tube exit near the Left Luggage in the station) made it literally 2 minutes from door to door. Drummond Street near the station/hotel has wonderful Indian. I would skip the hotel breakfast - inside the station are many cheap fast foodie type places and a coffee place very close (just as you enter the station from the hotel). There is a Marks and Spencer Food Hall in the train station for buying picnic type foods if you want. All in all it will be my hotel the next time I stay in London. The price can not be beat!

Good value, but not sure about recommending

by TripAdvisor Member PollyB

Good value for good location. Facilities fine, room clean and fine (nothing special, but functional and better than others you might get for the same price).

I would have recommended the hotel, but there were a few issues:

The evening meal in the restaurant was really not very good - bland and tasteless, a lot of the buffet food was very dried out and unappealing. Salad bar was very small with tiny selection. Breakfast was fine, however.

My account was settled by my company, but the hotel lost the first fax sent through with account details, etc. and then said the second and third were not acceptable for different reasons. There was no continuity, and my finance department were asked for different things each time. The front desk staff were rude and aggressive when I tried to help sort things out. In the end, the gentleman who did sort it out was charming, but I understand that there have been problems with the Night Manager's attitude in the past. My finance department have asked me not to use the hotel again because all the back and forth took them hours to sort out.

So, if you are paying for yourself and eating out every night, it's worth a go.
Hope this is helpful

Excellent value for money

by TripAdvisor Member deebee2004

A group of friends and I stayed here for two nights recently. It was a great choice. We booked online
and got a very reasonable room rate of £59.95 per night. The hotel is conveniently located beside Euston Station, which is only a couple of Tube stops from Leicester Square. What you see is what you get with the Ibis and while the hotels don't have character or anything, the rooms were clean and relatively spacious and the showers were excellent and powerful (very important after a long day in London!). We did not eat or drink in the hotel, as the restaurant and bar looked pretty unexciting but there are plenty of food options in the station eg Marks and Spencer Simply Food, Starbucks, a bagel bar etc.
Overall, the hotel was excellent value for money and I would have no hesitation staying there again and in recommending it.

Excellent Value for a reliable Chain

by TripAdvisor Member TSW42

Arrived after a long flight, checked in before 10am and had a room waiting. Room was clean, comfortable and affordable. Had no problems with staff, very helpful.

Very Close to Euston Station and saw the Queen leaving the station.

Have been back since already and was again very please.

by TripAdvisor Member markdevlin

Got a very good online 59.96 offer for a room and found it excellent. Clean, good bathroom, food and drink available, almost in a Tube Station but a quiet area for good sleep. Tea and coffee facilities to make in room.

Ibis Euston Hotel (On the Left)Ibis Euston Hotel (On the Left)

help with accomodations in London..Please!

by nancerou

we are traveling to London in October and are on a budget. I'm currently looking at the wedgewood in bayswater and the regent palace in picadilly circus accomadation wise. But I'm also getting more negative than positive on both.. I would appreciate feedback or other suggestions.....best regards and thanks in advance
Nancy

by paulinuk2u

regent palace came out crap on tv programme

by Emmjai

Have you looked at the Ibis , euston? I stayed there in April this year, and at about £70 per night was the best value I could find, and actually the nicest hotel in London I've ever stayed in.

by nancerou

what about the St. Margaret hotel...or can anyone tell me about bayswater where the wedgewood is located

Re: Re: help with accomodations in London..Please!

by A2002

Maybe you can go to www.ichotels.com. If you book in advance, they have very good rates. Look for the "Holiday Inn Express".

Regards,
Lina

Re: Re: help with accomodations in London..Please!

by nancerou

thanks so much for all of your hard work and consideration I didn't expect this much response and I'm truly appreciative!! :)

Comments