Jurys Clifton Ford Hotel

Hotels.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Costs 62% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Tayto's Profile Photo

Clifton Ford - good for Oxford St

I have just spend 2 days at the Clifton Ford Hotel near Oxford Street (nearest Tube station is Bond St - central and Jubilee lines). The hotel is very well suited to business travellers and is a good quality 4*. There is a nice leisure centre in the hotel which is great for relaxing after a days work.

Unique Quality: Great location close to Oxford Street for shopping and close to tube for getting to business meetings.
    Nice Leisure centre
    Rooms are well equipped including high speed internet connection (which I am using to write this tip) for £10 stg for 24 hrs....a bit more expensive than home use but not bad value compared to Internet Cafe's
    Has all the usuals - mini bar, cable TV, trouser press and Iron, room safety box etc.

Directions: Near Oxford Street - tube station Bond St on Central and Jubilee lines

• jelw's Profile Photo

Terrific Staff at Lovely yet Weary Hotel

The service here could not have been better. Everyone was helpful and pleasant. The facilities on first entry were lovely. The lobby area appointed beautifully. After first glance however you do begin to notice the fabrics are a bit worn, the carpets etc. If this well worn look ended at the lobby I would not mention it. However it does get worse in certain areas still awaiting renovation.
    I would stilll reccomend Jurys Clifton Ford Hotel but with a caveat, make sure you are on a floor which has been renovated recently.

Unique Quality: Good location, Within walking distance of many sites. A charming shopping area down the street on James.
    Wonderful restaurant and quiet pub in the hotel. Many good options within 2 blocks such as pub fare, Italian, Thai, Morrocan and more.
    Pictured here with many new friends in the lobby.

Directions: Between Manchester Square and Oxford Circle

More about Jurys Clifton Ford Hotel

Quality hotel near Regents Park

by Durfun about The Marylebone Hotel

Regents Park is a more beautiful park than Hyde Park.

The Marylebone Hotel is a nice boutique hotel in Marylebone Village, strategically located, being roughly equidistant to Marble Arch tube, Bond St, Marylebone station, and Baker St tube, and Regents park tube! It has a 16m indoor pool, steam, sauna, jacuzzi. This is quite an extra as even far pricier 5 star hotels like Hyatt Regency London The Churchill, Browns, The Mayfair, Grosvenor House A JW Marriott Hotel don't have swimming pools!!!

Ten Manchester Street is also good.

Other good hotels in your budget, in Mayfair:
www.westburymayfair.com
www.chesterfieldmayfair.com
www.flemings-mayfair.co.uk
www.millenniumhotels.co.uk/millenniummayfair/index.html 16m indoor pool, very nicely decorated rooms.

Worth considering

by TripAdvisor Member WorcesterWhite

I stayed 4 nights at the Clifton Ford with my wife and 9 year old. The room was on the small side, especially with the extra bed in it, but adequate for a couple and no smaller than a lot of others in London. All the rooms are being refurbished and are smart and modern, avoiding the usual "traditional look".

We only ate breakfast in the hotel. This was fine and the dinning room light and airy.

The staff were excellent throughout, very helpful and pleasant.

The pool and health club facilities are good. My only gripe was the very restricted access times for children. Only an hour a day, during the middle of the day. If I had known this I would have found somewhere else as this was important to my daughter.

Overall, a very pleasant place for couples

Loved this hotel

by TripAdvisor Member hglo

We have just returned from a 2 night stay in the Jury's Clifton Ford. We arrived with serious misgivings having read bad reviews on this site. The staff were extremely friendly, efficient and genuinely 'happy to help'. Our room (request a refurbished room) was immaculate and stylsh and outside noise was almost non-existant. The bathroom though tiny was beautifully appointed. Lovely restaurant, great food, friendly bar, great health club and only 3 minutes from Oxford Street, Bond Street tube station and dozens of restaurants and bars.
We almost cancelled, as this was a special weekend and we didn't want anything to spoil it. Thank goodness we didn't - we loved everything about this hotel and would certainly stay again.

Hated this place

I stayed at this hoteol twice...I didn't learn after the first visit. The rooms are small and dark and the dining room is just awful. Chances are you will be dining alone - except for the one waiter - and when you are presented with your meal you will see why; I have never had worse in any hotel. Stay somewhere else.

Not a four star experience at all

This hotel claims to be a charming four star hotel but falls well short of this. The room and bed we had were absolutely tiny (by English standards not only US) and the bathroom door had to be closed before you had room to use the loo or the bath. We were obviously in a non refurbished room because the decor was very tired and dated and the bathroom was in a very sorry state, cracked tiles and painted chip board bath panels. The air conditioning didn't seem to work at all although the noise level was tremendous. We spent most of the night lying awake from the heat.
The restaurant and lobby were also very worn out - even the chairs in the restaurant were all threadbear. The breakfast was poor - the fruit salad didn't look fresh at all even though we were down for breakfast just after it opened. And again the airconditionming didn't seem to be working and the restaraunt and much of the buffet were warm. As far as service goes the receptionists only spoke to each other about hoildays whilst we checked in and one concierge pushed past us to open the door, we hoped, but actually he just wanted to go out himself and let the door close in the my face (I'm pregnant too so this wasn't a nice touch). On complaining about the airconditioning we were just told they had problems and were offered no compensation or apology. All in all we were very disappointed even for the price. Shop around and pay a little more as this hotel really is not worth the money.

Don't stay diring warm weather

by TripAdvisor Member EuroTravellerPG

This hotel does do warm weather at all!

My room seemed to have an Air con unit but was ineffective. An fan was present but was not effective.

£119 for the room for the night was money misspent really.

Probably best to stay elsewhere during the summer!

It's a nice little Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member samsnet

I guess I've stayed in my share of hotels, mostly in the USA for both Business & Pleasure. I also own in a Timeshare and rent other timeshares for vacations.
I was booked in here by my Tour agency. This hotel is small, and after reading some of the other reviews I'm not sure I would have picked this hotel on my own. Yes the rooms (at least ours) are small but I kind of related it to some Bed & Breakfast rooms I've stayed in.

Speaking of breakfast which was included, was as some others have stated less then what I'd expect, but I've been told the Brits look at food somewhat different then we Americans do. Don't order fried eggs, unless you like lots of grease with them. After the first day I just picked from what was on the buffet line. Drinking Tea or Coffee is ablut the same, STRONG!

The lounge (bar) was nice and comfortable, and after I tought the bartenders how to make Gin (Tanquary) & Tonics with Ice, the drinks were good too. Remember if you drink beer, Brits like it warm so make sure you tell them you want it cold.

The front desk, bellmen and doormen are very nice and helpful. This hotel is not as close to the transportation (Oxford Street) as they make you think, its about a 4-5 block walk if you don't make a wrong turn. We took cabs, after dark it got cold. Cab's are not cheap, the best deal for getting around is the metro pass, but you have to be ready to walk to and from the nearest station (Bond Street Station on Oxford Street).

There are a few Pubs nearby but expect lots of cigarette smoke and being crowded at meal times or any time the pubs open for that matter. Some eating establishments don't serve beer, wine or liquor so make sure you know before you order your meal.

Great value for money

We have just returned from a week-end in London. We were somewhat apprehensive having read some very bad reviews in Trip Advisor even though we had stayed there once before. But we needn't have worried.

Front of house staff were very courteous and friendly. We received a complimentary upgrade to an executive room without asking. The room was very spacious with all the usual facilities. Location is terrific, just 5 mins from Oxford Street. Location is also very quiet with respect to traffic - a big bonus in London. It's also a very residential area with a great buzz around the place on a Sunday morning as the locals walk their dogs and read their papers while having coffee. We got a great rate GBP69 per room per night because we booked in advance - only snag it's non refundable if you cancel.

We didn't have breakfast in the hotel as it's quite expensive GBP12.95 for a continental but there's loads of coffee shops and restaurants just around the corner. There's also a big farmer's market on a Sunday morning whcih is interesting in the heart of London.

I would definitely stay again.

Hotels

by cabmvr

Hello,
We are probably going to book our trip to London, Paris and Rome. We have a choice of hotels. Please comment on hotels in these cities
London--Thistle Lancaster gate, Jurys Clifton Ford
Paris---Hotel Ibis Alesia, Mercure Tour Eiffel Suffren
Rome----Hotel Ergife, Villa Pamphili. Thank you.

Comments