Jurys Inn Chelsea

Hotels.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Rated 12% higher but also costs 61% more than other 3 star hotels

• nhcram's Profile Photo

Comfortable and Quiet

We have stayed here twice in the last few weeks and would certainly stay here again. The rooms are large and very comfortable. Hairdyer and tea and coffee making facilities are in every room which is convenient.
    The breakfast is excellent and is a hot and cold buffet consisting of eggs, bacon, sausages, cereals, yoghurts, breads, croissants etc etc. More than enough choice actually.
    Ice and cold water machines are conveniently located on each floor.

Unique Quality: Nice location being near the river - ideal for a lovely stroll.
    Although it is a fair walk from Fulham Broadway tube station there is a bus which drops you more or less outside.

Directions: Chelsea area. Fulham Broadway is nearert tube station.

• annase's Profile Photo

Outside the city centre

Jurys Inn Chelsea is an upscale budget hotel. The facilities are basic, but not bad. The rooms are clean and pretty good standard in general. Only the weird fabric style shower curtain in the bathroom made my eye brows raise a bit, but other than that the room was perfect for one night. It's not the best location if you are planning a night out since it's really difficult to come back to the hotel in the middle of the night if you are relying on the public transport. Taxi in that case is more reliable, but it will cost more.

The hotel is located a few hundred yards away from the shopping street Kings Road. It’s also within walking distance of two football clubs (Chelsea and Fulham) and not too far away from Kensington. Main sights nearby include Kensington Palace, the Natural History Museum, Victoria and Albert Museum and the Royal Concert Hall.

Rooms can accommodate three adults, two adults and two children, or just one person in complete comfort. There were three of us and we had a twin bed as well as a single bed in the room.

Facilities and services include a restaurant, bar, coffee bar, laundry/dry-cleaning and wireless broadband. There is no parking at the hotel itself, but they can advise you where to park. there is a multistory public car park next door. Be aware though that their charges are pretty high (£7 a night between Sat-Sun). I think we ended up paying something between £10 and £15, as we stayed from 7pm Sat to 10am on Sunday.

• jury's chelsea

Spent 3 nights in this hotel last feb. Found hotel was clean, pleasant and rooms were comfy. However, felt location wasn't great - in that it was a good walk to tube station/shops. Also, breakfast in hotel was quite expensive! You get what you pay for in that a lot of the london hotels are quite expensive, and most other hotels around this price haven't got good reviews at all.

• Excellant Value for Money

Stayed here with my wife and 10 Year old Oct 2004. We stayed 4 days Hotel room spotlessly clean rooom adequate for the 3 of us. A little bit of travelling from Central London but once at Fulham Broadway cross the road turn the corner and there is a Bus which drops you outside the Hotel. A Taxi from Fulham Broadway tube is just 5 minutes away.

More about Jurys Inn Chelsea

Good value if the location suits you

by TripAdvisor Member johnapple

We had two "free" nights at Jurys Inn Chelsea as part of a British Airways special. They gave us our room before noon which was nice - having arrived at Heathrow at 7:00am. We must have been upgraded from a standard room for it was large with a 10 foot bow window on the 5th floor overlooking a tiny bit of the Thames. The rest of the view was of the very busy construction of a major development on adjacent Chelsea Wharf. When this is finished sometime next year there will be many more amenities next door. The area was once quite seedy with a major gas works nearby. It is becoming very posh with yacht basin and expensive condos.
The location is still unknown to taxi drivers so download a map of the area to save a lot of blind searching. The location is not a problem if you know how to get around in London. The best value in the whole city is to go up a few blocks to King's Road and take the No.11 bus to Liverpool Street Station. It takes you past the Parliament Buildings, St-Paul's Cathedral and many of the most popular sights - all for £1. Starting from Chelsea you should be able to get the top front seat on a double-decker. You are a two minute walk from a water taxi which will take you to Westminster and from there you can get a boat to Greenwich or up to Kew. We went down to Greenwich for the first time and the riverside was very interesting and Greenwich Park is large, beautiful and free.
The hotel is very clean and new. They provide the best complimentary continental breakfast we have experienced. The so-called pub has all the charm of a McDonalds complete with monster television but has good beer. The fish and chips served in the pub was fishsticks - 'orrible! A cheeseburger in the restaurant is £10 but that's London and no one goes there for the food!

4 star-Cheap rates

by TripAdvisor Member frenchcountry

We stayed at the Jury's Inn Chelsea early June 2005. We booked through their web site and got a great deal. The rooms were clean and nicely furnished. I would rate this a 4 star. The only problem was location. It quite a walk to the subway. Breakfast downstairs was a little confusing. 9 quid for the continental breakfast and 12 for the complete breakfast with eggs. There were buses nearby but of course you can't use them until you already have a ticket. All things considered even if you take a cab from the subway back to the hotel and visa versa it is still a good value.

Disappointing on a Match Night

by TripAdvisor Member Reviewer1007

Oh dear. Before you stay at the Jury's Inn, Chelsea, check whether Chelsea FC are playing at home at Stamford Bridge football ground. Unfortunately, I had booked to stay here with my young niece (due to the good reviews I had read here) but the hotel was absolutely heaving with Chelsea supporters singing and chanting. It was basically like being on the terraces. We tried to eat in the restaurant and actually had trouble hearing the waitress above all the chanting in the bar 50 feet away. I don't know how much the hotel is at fault here - I don't know if they actually aim to sell to the football crowds or if they can't control the situation - I felt really aggrieved, though, to be stuck in that situation without warning.

There were a few other problems as well. The restaurant just suddenly decided to close for half an hour mid-evening because they said they were busy. The bar was out of the question because of the football supporters so we were stuck hungry and stranded for a while. I had to ask for the manager and then after ten minutes they seated us. The bedroom was noisy for various reasons (for one, it was over the bar!). I had booked a twin room, but no such thing exists in this hotel - you just get a camp bed in the room for your second bed. My niece sat down on this and it promptly tipped over backwards (it was broken) so we had to put the mattress on the floor for her to sleep.

In the morning, the breakfast was mainly OK but there was no butter (only margarine) and the coffee was instant. I can hardly remember ever being given instant coffee at a B-and-B let alone a three-star hotel. I'm really surprised that I had such a bad experience when most of the other reviews on this site are so good. I can only assume the hotel was having an 'off day'.

There were some pluses so I really ought to make those clear to be fair to the hotel. The room was large, and well equipped apart from the lack of a proper second bed. The bathroom was huge. I also have to say that the whole place was absolutely spotless - I've seldom seen such a clean hotel - which does count for a lot. Also, the staff were all pleasant enough. We only paid 70 GBP for a twin room with breakfast, which I know is very cheap by London standards, but I really wouldn't stay here again unless I knew that it wasn't a match night.

EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY!!

What a SUPERB hotel! Stayed for a long weekend in Mid March 05 and I cannot praise the hotel OR the staff highly enough. I am a disabled lady - not needing a wheelchair - but restricted in mobility and using a stick. The staff here were both attentive, helpful, pleasant - one even offered to go to the shop for me - 10 minutes away - and with the ok of the manager on duty when they discovered there was something I wanted which they couldnt supply!!! How often would you be offered THAT level of service and attention?

The room was spotless...329..a corner room with a lovely big window. The bathroom was ideal - plenty of room and a lovely low bath! Nothing was too much trouble at this hotel... I was fortunate enough to be picked up by friends each day from the hotel and so did not have any travel arrangements to make but on the occasion when I needed a taxi to the station, again, the hotel did everythign and were VERY efficient!

I booked through lastminute which went INCREDIBLY smoothly with everything done and waiting for me on arrival and a permitted late check in which was also MOST helpful and incredibly efficient! The only thing I could say which might improve anything here, was that apparently, if I had booked it through visitlondon.com, it would have been about the same price, but would haveincluded full breakfast too and no credit card charge.

Please...book this hotel with confidence...SPOTLESSLY clean and an EXCELLENT staff!

Two Thumbs Up!

by TripAdvisor Member peachy7

It's hard to find fault with a brand new hotel that has all the amenities, including a wonderful continental breakfast. The atmosphere reminds me of a giant IKEA ... very modern in furnishings and architecture. We too were allowed into our room early (before 10:30 am) even though it wasn't ready for us when we arrived. We only had to wait in the lobby for about 20 minutes before we were given the keys. We didn't find the location bothersome at all, in fact it's very quiet around the hotel with very light traffic. We did walk to the Fulham Broadway tube station a few times, but found that hopping the C3 bus right outside the hotel got us to Earl's Court tube station in about 5 minutes (very handy at night). PS - We got 2 nights here as part of our British Airways air package also. Made the cost of the plane tickets well worth it.

Great Value

by TripAdvisor Member mtndew837

Stayed here the first day/night after traveling for half a day. Excellent value for how reasonably priced they are - very comfortable and in general a very accomodating staff. Location is lacking though - 15 minute walk to the Fulham/Broadway Tube station (Zone 2) but there are bus stations within a 5 minute walk if you want to go that route. Area near the Tube station is pretty lively with many pubs, restaurants, internet cafes, etc. Area surrounding the hotel is very industrial. An okay walk during the day to/from the Tube, but a little eerie at night. Very comfortable room - each room has individual a/c/heat control. Our room had a huge bathroom and lots of space in the main room. They have ice/water machines in the hallways if you're scared of drinking the London tap water. Breakfast was kind of expensive, but since there didn't seem to be any other options nearby and had to get to the airport, we were stuck. I guess there are plans for building a Tube station closer to the hotel, which would increase the chances we'd stay here again. We also stayed at Jurys Inn in Galway and Limerick - overall we've a good impression of this chain.

Comments