Jurys Inn Islington London

Booking.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Rated 10% higher but also costs 65% more than other 3 star hotels

• aaaarrgh's Profile Photo

Pleasant chain hotel near-ish to Kings Cross

I was fortunate to stay at Jury's on Pentonville Road courtesey of my employer. If you are sharing a room with two other people the cost is reasonable, they generally have 3 beds per room, but £150 per night for just me was a bit steep! The 3 bed room was ...erm ...roomy, with a TV and hairdryer, tea and coffee facilities. The bathroom was also a good size and very clean. One downside was the noise from the air conditioning/heating unit, which was continuous.

In effect, this hotel seems to market itself as budget accommodation (based on 3 sharing a room). There were few if any 'freebies', the internet access was £5 per hour (you need your own laptop), the telephone charges were steep.

I was fortunate to be able to eat at the restaurant. The evening meals were reasonably priced, considering they were well cooked, a good size and nicely presented. The chicken provencal looked delightful and tasted great! The buffet style breakfast was also very impressive, you can help yourself to as much as you want.

Location okay too, just around the corner from Islington's shops and restaurants. I would estimate it is about half mile walk from Kings Cross (in a straight line).

More about Jurys Inn Islington London

Amongst the best deals in London

by TripAdvisor Member InegoMontoya

Was in London last week for 3 nights. Due to the very last minute nature of the trip and highly limited hotel availability all across central London for this week, I stayed in a different hotel each night. The Jurys Inn Islington was the best of the three and, at 69 GBP, it was less than half the price I paid for the hotel for the first night (which was a pretty decent hotel to begin with). The hotel was immaculate, the rooms were above average in terms of space (for European hotels), clean, and just seemed fresh. The room colors were a little loud, but that's hardly a giant complaint. Decent restaurant onsite, friendly bar too. Dozens of pubs and restaurants all within a 2 block radius. About a 4 minute walk to Angel Tube.

I'd Stay Here Again

My daughter and I stayed here for the last 3 nights of our Trafalgar tour. The hotel is clean, the food is good, the staff is courteous and helpful, and the rooms are big, clean, and comfortable (compared to the really small rooms in the hotels in Italy). The hotel is near the Angel entrance to the Tube and you can walk to small shops and restaurants. On my next trip to London, I would definitely stay at the Jurys Islington.

Great experience

by TripAdvisor Member Dbpaf

On a former trip to London, I stayed in a hotel 10 paces from Victoria Station, so I was a little disappointed when I saw the location of the Jurys Islington. But as another reviewer has stated, the hotel is a short walk from the Angel tube station and we found that most convenient. Also, just a short walk from the front doors leads to a great variey of resturants and shops so it turned out to be a great location after all!

We arrived a little early (11:00 a.m.) and were told we had an hour's wait for our room. However, 10 minutes later, the front desk rep took the time to find us in the lobby and gave us the good news that our room was ready.

In our room, I found that my suitcase had been locked with no keys attached to the handle as they were when I checked the baggage. I called the front desk and within 10 minutes, a very friendly member of the maintenance team was at my door and got the lock off. Great customer service!

The room was a good size with a double and single bed. The linens were clean and the beds were comfortable. The bathroom was a little lacking in space for toiletries by the sink, but the tub/shower was large and roomy.

Our tour obviously did not purchase the full breakfast, because the lady working the buffet literally barked at me when I took a spoonful of beans, asking for my coupon. Feeling like a fool, I spooned the beans back into the bin. What we ended up with was prepackaged cheese, butter, rolls, cereal, milk, and very watered down juice. Wholly adequate to get the day started.

As with every European hotel in which I've stayed, the television is very limited. Granted you are not spending much time in your room, but don't expect to come to your room after a day out and find any familiar programming. Kind of strange in this day of satellites, etc.

With the exception of an inebriated guest who wandered the halls in his underwear and finally ended up sleeping in the hall outside our door (the front desk staff did a great job corralling this guy and getting him back to his room), we really had a good stay here. I would definately recommed it to family, friends, and business associates.

Good value for the money, helpful staff

by TripAdvisor Member jcrl

Over Thanksgiving vacation I and my yound daughter travelled to London to visit family. We chose Jury's Inn based on the favorable reviews and were not disapointed.
O.k, this is not a luxury hotel and by American standards, the rooms are small and without lavish amenities.
However, the profesionalism and attititude of the staff more than made up for this. The front desk saff were extremely helpful and allowed us to check in in the morning after a night flight from the States. This was a huge perk to me as my daughter was exhausted.
The location is honestly a little challenging. There are no little shops within easy walking distance, or at least we didn'r find any.
This wasn't a problem though as public transportation is frequent and takes you right into central London. As I know London well, staying at this slightly out of the way hotel was fine. But for first time visiters, it might be easier to stay somewhere a little more central.

somewhere to crash

by TripAdvisor Member scratkins

Four of us stayed here on a saturday night in November when we travelled down to a friend's 30th birthday party. The hotel was really well positioned, walking distance (although up hill!) from Kings Cross, really reasonable (I think we paid abut £35 a head for one nght, room only). Jury's Inn are functional and clean hotels, perfect for somewhere to recover from your hangover that wont break the back. I'd recommend this place if you're on a budget, so many London hotels are disappointing but this one does what it says on the tin.

excellent in every way

by TripAdvisor Member missgambi

I stayed here in March this year and was very impressed with the price £39 for a triple!! off a late website and the quality of staff and rooms. The staff could not have been more helpful if they had tried. well done

Very nice place

by TripAdvisor Member ASO82

Stayed here on bank holiday a couple of weeks ago. Booked the room directly from their website and got the excellent last minute price of £39 (total) - was very pleased with this.

Hotel is very close to Angel tube stop (few minutes walk) and has a bus stop literally 30 seconds from the hotel too - so great if you've had a night out and don't fancy trying to flag down a black cab or are prepared to get an "illegal" cab either.

Hotel reception and decor was very nice and modern looking - I was expecting somehing "shabby" for what I paid. Room was pleasant also, fairly decent size for the 3 of us. Large double sized bed and large sofa bed too that could easily sleep 2. Shower/bath was nice size too, with what must have been the most powerful shower I have ever experienced! Very nice.

The only down side was when I checked in, and I'm sure many others have experienced the same thing. Because I booked the room only a few hours before we arrived, the booking was not showing up for some reason. This was quickly remedied after about 5 minutes or so. Overall, I would definitely stay here again. Be sure to check out their website on the day you intend to stay as you can get very, very good prices.

Service leaves a lot to be desired

We booked into Jurys Inn on Friday evening and the room was fine - nothing special but clean and more than adequate. Our window looked out on the yard at the back of the hotel but it was quite quiet. On Saturday morning at 7am I heard voices that sounded quite loud - it turned out that other guests were given a key to our room and were in our hallway, they scurried off apologising in broken english and when I rang reception they couldn't find our booking on the system but apologised. As a result of this mix up our room wasn't serviced that day. I rang reception for towels and an hour later there was still no sign so I had to track down housekeeping myself. Also when they cancelled the Japanese guests keys they cancelled ours and as we were in and out at seperate times each time we came in our keys weren't working as they would cancel them all and only provide us with one new key. When we went for breakfast we were informed that there was only one person staying in the room, which reception confirmed. I had to get them to take out our booking confirmation that listed us both and again a short apology was all we received. On the whole the hotel is nice and we love the location, there are some lovely shops and bars around Islington, but because the service was so bad we wouldn't stay there again.

Clean & comfortable bargain!

My boyfriend & I stayed at this hotel for one night as we were going to a party nearby. We booked it for just £39 for the room (not each) through a well-known last minute website. At such a budget price I had some reservations, but as we were just going to sleep there after the party, I figured I could tolerate most hovels for a few hours. In actual fact I was very pleasantly surprised- although the rooms are not what I'd describe as luxurious, they were very new and comfortable. The decor was fairly plain and inoffensive, and the rooms were really immaculately clean. It is definitely a grade up from your typical 'travel-motel' with a smart & comfortable lobby where we relaxed for a little while after checking out. The bathroom has a tiny bath, but an excellent shower, the room was air conditioned & had a tv, hairdryer and the usual things you would expect. There was a single bed & a double bed, (both had hard mattresses- which I find the most comfy) so it could be incredibly cheap if there were three of you sharing. The hotel is set back from a fairly busy road, but this wouldn't be a problem if you request a room at the back of the hotel, or just shut the windows and have the air-con on in summer. I have paid a lot more money to stay at other similar hotel chains outside of london, and they proved to be nowhere near as clean or pleasant as this. The deal didn't include breakfast but we went to a great turkish cafe round the back of the hotel to the left of chapel market where a full breakfast with a drink was around £5.

Comments