Richmond Way, London, W14 0AX, United Kingdom

Hotels.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• DAO's Profile Photo

QUIET UNDERGROUND

I like this hotel. I can’t say I can afford to stay here at their normal prices, but I do like the hotel. When I arrived I was greeted warmly and I kept thinking that part of the hotel looked like it sloped underground. The lobby was neat and efficient and I noticed plenty of free newspapers and magazine around. I had asked for a quiet room on the back of the hotel and a key car was produced. Then I started a very, very long walk down the longest hotel corridor I have ever seen. And it looked like it was underground. Halfway on my journey I encountered the strangest, but efficient, vending machine I have ever seen anywhere in the world. What was so special about the vending machine? In addition to your normal unhealthy snacks – it has some wonderful items. Like ice cold BEER! Oh yes! I am halfway to my room and loving this place already. Did I mention they had wine as well?

My room was as far back into the hotel as you could get. The great part was that the corridor had thick carpet and this absorbed any noise. Not that I ever heard any. My room was quiet good. It had a window letting me know I was on the ground floor actually. I had a very comfortable feeling mattress. OK – great start. My room had a good TV, mini-bar (empty, but you just ring room service), telephone, plenty of lights and a few other nice bits. My desk was functional and they do have Wi-Fi (for a fee).

My closet was functional and had a steam iron/board, safe, robe (excellent), and hairdryer.

The bathroom was excellent. Good bathtub and shower with some good toiletries. Nice big fluffy towels as well. The really nice touch was little stickers holding the toilet paper together. They were little sheep. Kinda of strange, yet cool.

I had a nice tea/coffee facility for that morning wake-up and even had a good variety as well.

The best thing about K West was the fact that I had a most wonderful night’s sleep. Great bed, quiet hotel and great staff.

They have a neat bar, called the K Lounge. K Lounge has a great selection of drinks, but also very good bar food. And they do serve food into the early hours of the morning. Get in there. The night I was there they had a good DJ. And the bar/lobby is far removed from the bedrooms so you don’t hear the music.

All in all a great hotel. Highly recommended by me.

Unique Quality:

FACILITIES:
    • ROOMS
    - Very comfortable beds
    - Air conditioning
    - Tea/coffee facility, safe, hair-dryer & steam iron/board
    - Work desk
    - Customized mini bar (order by phone!)
    - Internet facilities (Chargeable.
    • RESTAURANT
    The Kanteen Restaurant is centred around (gourmet) pasta, burgers, salads and pizza variety with a steak or chicken dish. It looked good to me.

• BAR
    K Lounge Bar has an excellent lunch menu and at night does an impressive ‘snack’ menu that is as good as any restaurant. They serve up great food until the bar closes.

• MEETINGS & EVENTS
    They have standard meeting rooms, Garden rooms and an Events Space

• K SPA
    Winner of the 2011 World Luxury Spa Awards “Best Luxury Hotel Spa, UK”!

• K GYM
    Well equipped modern gym. Personal trainer, fitness classes and membership options

Directions: TUBE STATIONS:
    Shepherd's Bush (Central Line)
    Shepherd's Bush Market (Circle, Hammersmith & City Lines)

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Priceline-Notting Hill/Bayswater

I wasn't very happy at first when I got the K West Hotel when I bid on Priceline, the closest tube is Shepard's Bush which I thought to be a bit outside the zone I was bidding on. I was probably bidding a bit too early as this stay was after the cruise so I was bidding at least a couple of weeks out. I finally got it at $105US +tax. It ended up not being too bad of a location, just a couple of stops from Notting Hill Gate where we spent Saturday morning and only about 45 minutes from Heathrow where we went on Sunday.

In the immediate area there was a Westfield shopping mall with a whole string of restaurants including a Wagamama, one of Jamie Oliver's restaurants and a branch of the Real Greek. I also spotted a Nando's and there were a lot of little takeaway kebab shops and fast food. There's a Morrison's supermarket on the main street as well as a couple of everything for a £ shops.

Shepard's Bush (central line) is the closest tube station but for our trip to Heathrow they suggested going to Shepard's Bush Market (Circle and Hammersmith/City lines) for an easier connection, it was 5-10 minutes up the street. To get to the hotel from Shepard's Bush station, you cross over the busy street in front of the station and then walk down a ramp and take the right branch at the bottom which is Richmond Way, the hotel is a couple minutes walk from there. The street is pretty deserted at night but I didn't have any concerns as I was traveling with my husband.

Unique Quality: I'd have to debate Priceline's 4* designation for this hotel, the carpet is pretty worn and stained throughout the hotel, our shower had a bit of mold in it. But otherwise, it was fine. The room had everything you'd expect-a room safe, a small refrigerator, ironing board, TV hair dryer.

The shower was good and there were nice big fluffy towels. Shampoo, conditioner and bath gel as well as bar soap.

We didn't try getting wifi in our room but there were a few computer terminals in the lobby where we checked our email. We also didn't really check out the spa services, I assume everything was extra.

Checkin and checkout were fine, we arrived before the normal checkin time and had no problem getting a room right away. Breakfast is extra

Directions: Closest tube: Shepards Bush (central line), Shepards Bush Market is 5-10 minutes on foot (Hammersmith & City, Circle Line)

• Great Modern Hotel

I've stayed here at least 3 times. Once I saw Matthew McConaughey and Penelope Cruz there when they were filming Sahara. The rooms are large for London. It's located near Shepard's Bush tube stop on the Central Line which means a good 20 min. to all central London locations. There are always deals online for breakfasts or weekend getaways. A wonderful place to call home for a few days.

Directions: Near Shepard's Bush Tube Stop

• antistar's Profile Photo

K West Hotel

Right on Shepherd's Bush, which the BBC used to dominate, and the hang out of media, film and music types, it has a good range of rooms from good value basic to high end deluxe suites with enormous plasma screens. It's a little out of town, but it's right next to Shepherd's Bush station, and only a few minutes from the city center. It's tucked away in a quiet side street, so makes for a perfect night sleep... if not for the passing trains... and rowdy media stars. Oh well, nothing can be completely quiet in London.

The location is also great for restaurants and nightlife, which thrives around Shepherd's Bush and nearby Holland Park. The rooms are good value, and the included breakfast is excellent. Some of the best croissants and fresh bread rolls I've ever eaten. It also has a highly recommended restaurant, called the Kanteen, which serves up food good enough to draw in the locals as well as the hotel guests.

The only down side is that you might, like I did, get woken up at 4am by drunken music stars coming home from a night on the town...

Unique Quality: Media hang-out.

• LolaSanFrancisco's Profile Photo

K West Hotel London - Not for the first timers

I dug it but I have been to London a few times and did'nt mind the fact that it is in Shepards Bush, and a zillion cab dollars away from the center of town. Neat to see the way the real people live. And the sauna at this place was fab!

The hall way was 2 block long to our rooms. It took 10 min to walk from the front door to our rooms. Bazaar.

Attracting guest from all walks of life, we are particularly popular for the music, film and media industries. It is one of the most stylish places to relax and unwind in London. "A Hotel that rises above the competition through a marriage of concept, design and service. A Hotel that points the way forward"...2002 Best London Hotel, Theme Awards.

K West London's newest hip hotel, launched in December 2001 winning Best hotel in London' at the 2002 Theme awards. The modern glass exterior of the hotel creates a huge impact, allowing light to stream into the entrance lobby and the open plan K Lounge bar area. In the bar, which is open exclusively to hotel and K SPA guests, a modern fireplace runs along the rear wall. Square mirrored glass cubes act as both art installations and drink tables, while funky music creates a vibrant ambience. Located on the ground floor, the holistic K SPA offers unusual treatments such as the Dry Flotation Tank, Reiki and Reflexology. It has also introduced the E'SPA Hot Stone Treatment, and is one of the few spas in the UK to have a Double Therapy Room (complete with its own private sauna) so that friends and partners can enjoy side-by-side treatments.

The Jacuzzi, eucalyptus steam room, lemon steam room, sauna, plus towels, toiletries, hairdryers, individual lockers and fresh fruit are all complimentary to hotel guests. The bedrooms feature a subtle color scheme of taupe, brown and cream in leather, walnut and suede, alongside stainless steel and sandblasted glass flat screen TV's, DVD's, Hi-Fi's and oversize beds are fitted as standard in deluxe rooms, while the sexy bathrooms feature Philippe Starck fittings against limestone mosaics.

Unique Quality: Executive Guest Room: Executive guest room with queen bed or 2 twin beds. Room includes work desk, crisp linens, iron and ironing board, trouser press, satellite TV. Designed to offer contemporary open space, giving a feeling of lightness and calm. Duvets and non-allergenic pillows together with our hand made beds offer one of the best nights sleep you can have anywhere.

Studio Guest Room: Large studio guest room with king bed or 2 twin beds. Room includes work desk, crisp linens, iron and ironing board, trouser press, satellite TV. Designed to offer contemporary open space, giving a feeling of lightness and calm. Duvets and non-allergenic pillows together with our hand made beds offer one of the best nights sleep you can have anywhere.

Deluxe Guest Room: Large deluxe guest room with king bed or 2 twin beds. Room includes designer sofa, armchair, coffeetable, work desk, crisp linens, iron and ironing board, and trouser press. The room that tinks it's a studio apartment, it's got the lot. Wide screen TV, DVD, CD/Stereo with PlayStation 2 consoles (on request). The sofa can be converted to a double bed on prior request, ideal for families.

Embassy Junior Suite: Large Embassy junior suite with king bed. Suite includes combined bedroom/sitting area, dining table, designer sofa, armchair, coffeetable, work desk, crisp linens, iron and ironing board, and trouser press. Take a deluxe room and add more space, and as David Bowie said..."Lets Dance!!" This room is enormous.

Services/Facilities/Amenities:

Attractions: Jacuzzi
    Sauna
    Exercise Gym
    Health Club

Directions: Shepards Bush tub stop. Way the heck out there....

• London's Tragically hip Hotel

Beautiful. Awesome. Hotel.

Decorated very modernistic, I was given the players club room. It was comfortable, very clean, my only problem was the funky shower door which looked good, got water everywhere.

Oh yeah, free internet access in the hotel was great. And the continential breakfast was probably one of the better meals I had in London.

Definately a good hotel for the stylish, young and trendy :) In Shepards bush, which isn't too bad to get to with the tube.

• Greyraven23's Profile Photo

Stayed at the K-West in...

Stayed at the K-West in Shepard's Bush... nice hotel. They are doing quite a bit of remodeling but the rooms that are done are quite nice (try to get something on the 3rd floor). The staff is very helpful and easy to work with. Only complaint was with the bar when the drink prices doubled overnight.

More about K West Hotel & Spa

K is Karlovy Vary's wedding cake

by sourbugger about Grandhoteil Pupp, Karlovy Vary, Czech rep.

An impressive hotel - a place that truely deserves the five stars that it parades.

Things are done with taste & elegance as they should be around here.

The public rooms are comfortable, the views fine and the facilities are excellent.

The restaurant is on the outrageous side for the Czech republic, but reasonable if you are used to western prices. Every dish is served with a steel dome thing over the top - and they are all removed with a flourish. The small portions beneath might, however, be something of a disappointment.

The casino can also be given a miss - it's mainly filled with Russian Mafia types and their slightly past-it blonde wives with which you will have to share most of the hotel.

By looking round on several hotel-booking websites and the Pupp website itself you should be able to get a good discount on the rack rate.

Alternatively stay at the Grandhotel Park wich is attached and enjoy the shared facilities.

F**K ME

by DAO about PIKERMI HOTEL (ATHENS)

HOSTELS.COM – YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED! YOU SAID “It is very close to Athens international airport”. IT COST 3 OF US 89 EUROS TO GO TO AND FROM THE AIRPORT !!!!!

Other than that – this place completely sucks! Hostels.Com confirmed our 2 rooms to the hotel only 1 hour before our arrival, despite booking more than a week ahead. We could easily have paid 39 Euros to find no rooms. One of the rooms had a broken air-conditioner and TV. The staff said it would be fixed after we left the next day. So one person was woken to the sound of the near-by rooster because they had to have their windows open.

Rooms were basic and the whole hotel was as well.

No restaurant meant we had to jump a barrier to cross a highway to walk 800 meteres to the restaurant.

And the worst thing? Both Hostels.Com and the hotel show photos of the beach. Multiple photos. Not even within 15 miles of the coast!

Give this a complete miss. We could have paid to stay at a luxury hotel at the airport by the time we had paid for the taxi fares. And the taxis actually wanted more than we paid them!
NONE

Awful from the outside, great on the inside

A shockingly bad looking hotel from the outside but great on the inside. Great interior design: good sized, clean rooms: helpful staff and very comfortable king sized beds (I had a studio room). Unfortunately I didn't have time to test their spa treatments which people seem to rave about but I did have a look in at their gym (once I'd managed to get hold an access card that worked). Open from 06.45am until 9.45pm, it was clean and there weren't too many people, so no waiting for the machines. The only thing I found disappointing was the continental breakfast which was rather overpriced for a Starbucks style start to the day. Liked the idea that guests could help themselves to fruit from the bar anytime though.
In summary, an out of centre hotel within easy access of central London and well worth a visit. I would definitely return to K West!

BAD Experience. Unprofessional messy hotel. Avoid at all cost.

My partner and I stayed at the K West on 1st & 2nd Oct 04. I was meant to be a surprise weekend for my partner's birthday. I want to give my partner a relaxed weekend, so I chose K West due to the spa. Instead of destressing ourselves, the hotel staff did their best to stress us out.

I emailed the hotel prior arrival confirming the reservation, requesting non-smoking room, etc. The email I got back from them was saying I've booked an entry level room and I can upgrade the room to deluxe for £30+VAT per night. I replied and rejected the offer as I thought a standard room would be sufficient.

On the day of arrival. My partner and I stood in front to the check-in desk to fill in the form. The receptionist asked if I want to upgrade the room for £30. I was put off by it as I felt that they're so keen to sell you upgrades all the time. Also, I've mentioned it's a surprise weekend for my partner, I don't think it's appropriate to ask such question in front of my partner.

The standard room was ok apart from a bit dark. The room amenities were a bit on the stingy side. No shower gel in the bathroom. So I called reception (I had to wait for about 2 mins before somebody picked up the phone) to request some shower gel and disposable slippers. The receptionist told me the slippers are £2 each. So I said I don't want them.

I complained to the duty manager Meena saying I wasn't impressed by the receptionist checking us in asking if we wanted to upgrade, and the cost of slippers. She didn't sound all that interested and "lectured" me that all London hotels do the same. Apparently K West has this policy they have to ask every single person who check in if they want to upgrade, etc. All London hotel has that policy?! THAT IS NOT THE CASE MEENA!!! I stayed at other London hip hotels many many times over the years, including Sanderson, St Martins Lane, MyHotel and many other London 4 & 5 star hotels. Never once been asked that. Furthermore, I worked for Sheraton, Holiday Inn and Thistle Hotels. It's never a policy to ask every single guest on check-in if they want to upgrade.

The room included continental breakfast. It's a complete chaos. There are about 8 tables and 3 staff to serve all the guests who is having continental breakfast. It's a self-service type and most of the time you have to clean your own table (if you're lucky enough to even get a filthy table). Also, just one person smokes will fill the who area with cigarette smell. Very off putting.

I asked for a late check out at the reception. The receptionist told me they'll charge £10 per hour after 12pm if I want to check out after that. This hotel is incredible, all they care is how to get more money in an unprofessional manner. I'm sure all business want more money from their customers, but surely there are more subtle ways to achieving and not having to put people off.

The spa on the other hand is good. Clean and well maintained.

K West has definitely spoiled my weekend. Avoid at all cost.

taxation U:K working holiday from Australia

by julielkeith

hi, hoping someone can help. My son is on a 2 year working holiday in the UK. he left in November but has worked prior in australia for the past five months of the Australian financial year. he is now working in the UK. in june we will receive from his australian work place his group certificate. can anyone help with what we have to do. i have the authority from my son to take to the accountant and hopefully get a refund but now i am hearing that you have to add the UK money to the australian money. if so how do i do this. thanks for any replies. very confused. julie

Comments