Kingsway Hall Hotel, Covent Garden

Expedia.com Hotels.com Orbitz.com

Costs 51% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• RoseAmano's Profile Photo

Great Location and Comfortable Stay

The location was excellent, well-appointed room with a very modern decor and the buffet breakfast complete. Highly recommended for a business stay when it's convenient to Holborn Stn.

More about Kingsway Hall Hotel, Covent Garden

Kingsway Hall Hotel

We got a fabulous internet deal for the Kingsway Hall Hotel. It is a block from the Holborn tube station. The staff was friendly. The room was very clean and included safe, trouser press, iron, coffee pot, towel warmer, etc... Easy to walk to pubs in Leiscester Square and Piccadilly area, but also easy to take tube. Enjoyed it very much...and such a great price!

April visit

We had a package deal for our first trip to London and chose this hotel based on reading previous reviews here. Our flight to Gatwick got in early morning and unfortunately we took the public transportation from Victoria station to hotel - it was a nightmare carrying luggage in rush hour on the tube! then could not find hotel until a very helpful mailman showed us the way. So by the time we got to the hotel it was much too early to check in, but the staff was extremely helpful, especially the doorman Ahmed, and did manage to let us have our room as soon as it was ready...they stored our luggage while we went sightseeing. The room had been recently redecorated and was very comfortable (although smaller than used to) and bathroom very clean. We wanted to use the jacuzzi but everytime it was full. It would have been a great help if they had a computer for guests to use, if if you had to sign in and make an appt. - to check email etc. It was a long walk to the nearest internet cafe. Also it would have been helpful to have a published list (with prices) for restaurants in walking distance to hotel. The hotel did have a delicious buffet breakfast - but expensive. It was a nice walk to British Museum, Tralfagar Square and to the river.
I would like to return to this hotel if we are ever able to visit London again.

Absolutely Great Great Hotel

I had read the reviews of the hotels and also got a great rate on the internet..it is right on the Piccadilly line from Heathrow..no need to change stations..

This is a great hotel to stay at... true king size bed,

any amenity that you want is in the room..

absolutely impecable room.

Highly recommend it to all travelers.. close to theaters

Was most impressed at the quality of the furnishings

You wont go wrong with this property....

Fit for a King

Just spent the weekend here on a deal with the hotel. Hotels location is great - covent garden & holborn tube on the doorstep. Didnt have any noise from bars at night. Rooms were clean and well attended to. Breakfast is slightly expensive but then there are loads of places to eat so you're not comitted to eating there. And a great big thumbs up to the staff too ... friendly and very very attentive to the guests needs.

One Word: Perfect

This hotel had everything - It is located very close to the Holborn station so a taxi from Heathrow is not necessary. The staff was outstanding. The valet, I beleive his name was Gary, was especially helpful providing great sightseeing and running maps. The room was spacious. However, the best feature of this hotel was it's location. Most major attractions were within walking distance. I would return to this hotel anytime and recommend to anyone that will listen!

SUPERB HOTEL

by TripAdvisor Member gforce

If you fancy a few nights in London, this is the place to stay. Got a great deal through the hotels online booking service...£69 for a standard room. The price per night does vary, but fridays seem to be about the cheapest!

As for the rooms, there is nothing standard about them. Not huge, but furnishings and decoration are in excellent condition, and very, very clean. This theme runs throughout the hotel. The bar is excellent, very calm, quiet and relaxing. Staff are very attentive, especially 'Vincent', who made us feel very welcome.

Small gym, but excellent whirlpool.

Location is great for all the main London attractions. Just a short walk to Covent Garden. (Holborn is the nearest tube)....

Book now, you wont be dissapointed................

Loved it !

This was my first trip to Europe and I was very apprehensive about finding a decent hotel since I didn't know the area at all. I was greeted at the door with a smile by the doorman and was checked in promtly. Our bags were taken up and we were shown around the room. I expected a pretty small room from the stories I had been told, but the room was large and had all the amenities that I was used to in an upscale hotel in the states. The hotel was only a few minutes away from an Underground station and within walking distance of many major tourist attractions like Big Ben, Trafalgar Square and the British Museum. There was a host of little shops and places to eat in the neighborhood as well. The hotel really made our stay in London special.

Fabulous Hotel!

I checked out the reviews of this hotel on tripadvisor and all I can say is this hotel is excellent!!!! It's two minutes from Holborn Underground station so very easy to get to. The staff are very friendly as well! The rooms are lovely and clean and the breakfast which you get in the restaurant is brilliant. Excellent variety. Our room was a the front of the hotel but it was still very quiet - no noise from the roads nor from other guests! If you want breakfast in your room it will cost you so I didn't bother. The hotel is well situated for Covent Garden and Leicester Square so it's good if you want to go to the theatre. We arrived in at Heathrow so were able to take the Piccadily line to Holborn - all for £3.80!!!!! I would definitely stay here again and would highly recommend it.

Kingsway Hall Hotel in Covent?

by wish4water

I was wondering if anyone had stayed at the Kingsway Hall hotel. I have booked a standard twin room. Can someone tell me what they are like. Are they tiny, avg.,big? Is it clean? Also how do I get from Paddington station (after Heathrow Express) to my hotel? Thanks so much in advance.

Re: Kingsway Hall Hotel in Covent?

by Maurizioago

When in London travel by tube (metro) it is convenient.

Metro takes you everywhere in that city.

Ciao!

Re: Re: Kingsway Hall Hotel in Covent?

by Junctionbox

Can't tell you about the hotel but I presume you have found their website at http://www.holidaycity.com/kingsway-hall/

To get from Paddington get on the tube. You need the Hammersmith and City line going east. That is the pink line on the maps. Get out at Kings Cross/St Pancras and change onto the Piccadilly Line going south for three stops. That is the dark blue line.

There are free tube maps at the stations, but if you need to print off one before you go try www.multimap.com under "special features".

Comments