Lancaster Gate Suites

Hotels.com Agoda.com Orbitz.com

Satisfaction Terrible

• akosilei's Profile Photo

Best View at Lancaster

We have stayed in this hotel for the remaining days of our visit in London. We weren't that lucky to get the best view from our room but then again, a two minute walk around the corner -- Hyde Park is all yours. The hotel location is very ideal and we would definitely stay here again on our next visit.

More about London

Statue, East London, UK.Statue, East London, UK.

Bike in useBike in use

Nicole KidmanNicole Kidman

pilgrimage to the Mecca of Mod musicpilgrimage to the Mecca of Mod music

St. Pancreas to Liverpool Lime st.

by bmajor98

I will be arriving around noon on August 27 at St. Pancreas on the EuroStar. Should I purchase a ticket ahead of time to Liverpool instead of just buying a ticket for the next train when I arrive? Are there chances the trains will be full and I wouldn't be able to get on because I didn't make a reservation? Is there any price difference buying in advance vs buying on the spot for the next train?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

by qaminari

It's ST. PANCRAS (not pancreas!). No you don't have to reserve, but is cheaper to buy in advance, cheapest fare at the moment on Railsaver is about 30 GBP but this can go up to 55 or 65 GBP if you buy at the last minute.

by johngayton

If you book now you can get 12.20 train from St Pancras to Liverpool for 19 Pounds, or the 12.50 train for 26.50 Pounds - www.thetrainline.com

You can book online and collect your ticket from the machines at St Pancras.

Enjoy your trip!

by johngayton

BTW both of these options include seat reservations. If you buy a ticket on the day it'll be megabucks and with no seat reservation.

by johnmperry

That date is very close to the start of a Bank Holiday weekend. So you would be well advised to book in advance. I imagine trains will be pretty full.

by bmajor98

Thank you all for the information.

Travel Tips for London

This is a view down a typical...

by balfor

This is a view down a typical street in London. And I highly recommend the busses! You can get an all day pass so you can get on and off the busses as often as you like. It certainly saves on Cab fare!

Touring London

by Zlur

Take a tour around London on an open red bus! Sightseeing tours are widely available with live guides, and a hop-on hop-off service, visiting all the major sights, simply hop-off where you want to and return to the same stop to continue your tour. Most guides are very funny, and make the tour enjoyable, and the best thing is that the ticket is valid for 24 hours, so you can continue what you haven't finished the next day! (The company I used was called 'The Original Tour' and cost around £15 for an individual adult) And you also get a free 50 minute river cruise! Well worth it... Flying the eye! This was a real treat for me, because the people I was with, booked a capsule specially for us as it was someone's birthday, we had a personal waiter with us aboard the London eye, serving us champagne!! Pure bliss!! :)

Admiralty Arch

by BluBluBlu

Leading from the southwest corner of Trafalgar Square into The Mall, this arched ceremonial gateway is one of London's most famous landmarks.

Us Londoners have to drive or walk through the outer arches, the main central span being reserved for royalty only.

Nowadays the arch is home to various 'grace & favour' apartments given out to politicians and minor royalty!!!

"Can I have?"

by Tallchick80

Apparently, Londoners do not like hearing "Can I have?" when someone wants something, I was told it sounds very aggressive. They prefer "may I" because it's much more courteous.

Mind you, these people have exceptional manners and are quite proper.

Use your language delicately.

Dirt cheap cinema

by Sjalen

The Prince Charles Cinema just off Leicester Square shows films a few weeks later than the big cinemas. As a consequence, they cost only a few pounds! On top of that, you might well get an additional show with the film. I shall never forget when I went to see "Priscilla, Queen of the Desert" and got a real drag show thrown in for starters! :)))

Comments