Langorf Hotel

Booking.com Hotels.com Priceline.com

Satisfaction Average

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about London

Abney Park, Hackney, London, UK.Abney Park, Hackney, London, UK.

Fire mark 2Fire mark 2

The Natural History museum.The Natural History museum.

Signage 2Signage 2

I Land August 22nd at 10:30am! Anyone Care to Play Tour Guide? :)

by SongsofFreedom

So heres what's going on. I am embarking on a 25 day solo-trek through Europe and don't have too many concrete plans. I am curious to see if anyone would like to meet in London and care to sightsee with me! I land at roughly 10:30am at London-Heathrow and plan to hit the ground sprinting and do as many things as I possibly can while in Europe! Feel free to contact me! Cheers

Re: I Land August 22nd at 10:30am! Anyone Care to Play Tour Guide? :)

by hawkhead

If you don't have too many concrete plan, it's hard to see how you can hit the ground sprinting. Doomed to failure if you plan to do as much as you possibly can in 25 days.....you will spend time doing and not much seeing or experiencing.

Re: I Land August 22nd at 10:30am! Anyone Care to Play Tour Guide? :)

by jo104

Stephen, my suggestion is to create your homepage so folks on vt know a bit more about you. You could then post some meets on various places you plan to visit. Do check out peoples pages and perhaps rating and leaving a comment as to how useful the info people will get to know who this mad SF guy is :-) Have a great time. I unfortunately have a friend over at that time from Amsterdam so don't have much spare time.

Travel Tips for London

The power of our own two feet...

by where_is_davina

I would highly recommend seeing London, or at least central London, simply by walking around. Your get the real experience of the city, and you save a lot of money too.

I bought a map months before I left and marked all the locations I wanted to hit while I was there and despite the short time I was in London, I left feeling satisfied with all that I managed to see. Although this meant that the trip was extremely well organized, since we were on foot we still had much spontaneity, allowing us to stop and visit whatever we discovered along the way.
Hyde Park, Abbey Road, and Piccadilly Circus, were among my favourites, as were Soho, Notting Hill (where we stayed), and the path along the Thames River. One of my fondest memories has got to be seeing "Guys and Dolls" with Ewan McGregor at the Piccadilly Theatre, and crossing Abbey Road in my bare feet (like Paul of course).
(I guess there's no use mentioning that I'm a music fan!)

The highest efficiency ever possible

by Trekki

Subtitle 1: or which megalomanic idiot invented the fairy tale that Germans work efficient??????????
Subtitle 2: any German company that wants to be successful in business should seek to employ someone from the Royal Household.

. to be continued

House of Parliament

by pili

Home of the British Government, the building is actually called the Palace of Westminster, but it is more commonly known as the Houses of Parliament.
If you want to admire its magnificence, you can cross the River Thames to the other bank. It´s a beautiful view and one of the most famous pictures of London

Sede del Gobierno Británico, el edificio realmente se llama Palacio de Westminster, pero es popularmente conocido como Casa del Parlamento.
Para admirar su belleza, es mejor cruzar el río Tamésis hacia el otro lado. Desde allí puede se apreciar una bellísima vista y observar una de las postales más famosas de Londres

Got Lost?

by A2002

Getting around London can be quite difficult in the beginning. However, if you get more familiar with the transport system and has a good map, you should be alright. Driving is a nightmare in London Zone 1 to me. The traffic lights for green is amazingly fast, about 4 cars can get through each green lights along the busy shopping streets.

Tipping

by phil_uk_net

Tipping allows the recipient of a service to reward the provider of the service if he/she would so like to do so. It is not obligatory.
Who should you tip? When arriving at a hotel it is customary to tip the person that helps you with your bags. I normally tip the person that cuts my hair. When eating out you should tip the wait person if service has been good but do not feel obliged to if service was bad. Do not tip the bar person who serves you a drink at a pub or a bar. This has obviously been happening at tourist places in London (probably unwitting Americans) and some places will try to encourage it by offering you change on a tray. I just take all of the change if this happens! I used to tip taxi drivers but cab fares are now so high I think I am paying enough as it is. If the driver was really good though I will tip a little.
How much? For bellboys and hairdressers 1 to 2 pounds should be fine. Restaurants - anywhere between 5% and 15%. Taxis - round up. If the fare was 5.60 you would probably round this up to 6 pounds.

Comments