21 Piccadilly, London, W1J 0BH, United Kingdom

Booking.com Travelocity Expedia.com

Satisfaction Average

Rated 13% lower than similarly priced 5 star hotels

• Our favorite hotel in London

We stay in this hotel at least once a year. It is conveniently located near China Town, Piccadilly Tube and good shopping. The concierge is very helpful and they arrange everything you need. Last year we needed transportation for Wimbledon and got an excellent limo service.

Unique Quality: Our favorite room is their Jr suite. Room service is one of the best we have experienced.

• Dick33's Profile Photo

Beautiful

It was years ago now I was on a school trip.
    We were up in the gods I shared a room with Barney Rubble, we had a great time I got cider on room service I was lashed befor they realised what they had done, Ha! Ha!.

Unique Quality: I thought it was the most beautiful place on earth.

Directions: Piccadilly circus you can't miss it.

• ppotts's Profile Photo

Le Méridien Piccadilly is a...

Le Méridien Piccadilly is a great place to stay. Piccadilly Circus is a cross between Times Square, NYC and 'The Village', also NYC. You can roam the streets for hours. It's full of great cafe's and lots of street vendors. It is convinient to the tubes and to the financial district as well.
    2 years ago it was about $150 USD per night

Unique Quality: Heated bath towel racks & the chocolates left on your pillowcases by housekeeping!!

Directions: Le Méridien Piccadilly
    21 Piccadilly
    London
    W1V 0BH

More about Le Meridien Piccadilly

Wonderful stay at Le Meridien Piccadilly - Oct.18-25,2004

We enjoyed our experience at the Le Meridien Piccadilly and will stay there again when we return to London. We had written ahead of time to tell management we were celebrating our 25th Anniversary and had selected their hotel during our stay in London. When we checked in, they upgraded us to a beautiful suite with a large bath on the 9th floor. We had champagne, a fruit bowl, and bottled water with a very nice note from the manager upon our arrival. Our suite had a king size bed, 2 TV sets, and it was very quiet (no street noise at all).The hotel personnel were very pleasant and nice. The hotel is so convenient to the theatres and the Underground Tube.

Airport Hotel

by twojazztravelers about Le Meridien London Gatwick

Le Meridien was clean and very convenient. If you call you may be given different rates than you can find online on their own website. We decided to use this hotel because we were on an early morning flight out of Gatwick and they allow you to check your bags the night before so you just have to wake up and go. The hotel is connected to the airport so that there are lots of restaurants to choose from. There are also places to work out and do all of the normal stuff that business travelers enjoy. Top rate.

Awful

Our room at the Le Meridien Piccadilly was cramped and dirty. The bedspreads were stained and there was long black hair all over the bathroom wall. It was quite an unpleasant experience. I recommend avoiding this hotel.

Before I lived in london I...

by ZoeB

Before I lived in london I stayed at Le Meridien Picadilly
£165 - £200 per night but worth it Has a Champneys Spa downstairs which is an exclusive and high quality spa featuring a gym, turkish baths, plunge pools, swimming pools and healthy option cafes etc the list goes on...

I disagree entirely with the bad reviews of this property

by TripAdvisor Member d956

We had a fabulous stay here on September 10, 11 and 12, 2004. Two rooms on the seventh floor. The first was traditional in decor, large, and exceptionally clean and well organized with a king-sized bed. The second room was slightly smaller and very modern in design, with at least a 36" (and possibly larger) flat-screen television against one wall and, again, a king-sized bed. The bathroom facilities in the more modern room were slightly odd in that they were open (with the exception of the toilet) to the rest of the room.

Staff was consistently polite and helpful. The Terrace restaurant on the second floor, where we only had breakfast, was bright and lovely with its skylights. My only complaint with the Terrace restaurant was with some of the waitstaff who, although they tried, were not native English speakers and communication was sometimes more difficult than I would have expected in London, the capitol of the English-speaking world. Directly off the lobby was a beautiful room, dripping in gilt and Venetian chandeliers, in which afternoon tea and morning coffee was served. Directly down a few stairs from the lobby was the Burlington Bar, a very dark, welcoming and clubby sort of place.

The lobby itself was small with very little seating. The centerpiece of the lobby was a large table upon which rested an enormous fresh floral arrangement which, during our stay, was constantly being tended to with fresh flowers. Above the lobby was a beautiful stained glass ceiling.

About the only aspect of the negative reviews on tripadvisor.com of the Le Meridien Piccadilly I can agree with is everyone's assessment of this hotel's wonderful location (oh yes, and the hotel's rather steep prices). Otherwise, as I read the other reviews, I almost feel as if they were written about someplace else.

Best hotel in London - for the price!

by TripAdvisor Member jdblakesle

When we started planning our trip to Europe, I was appalled at the prices of hotels in London. A friend suggested that I try Priceline. It was my first experience doing this, but I was successful in getting a room at Le Meridien Piccadilly for 7 nights at $140 per night. I faxed them a request for a king bed rather than two twins, non-smoking room.
We arrived after spending a couple of weeks in France, and was greeted by the nicest gal at the reception desk. She asked for my voucher from Priceline, informed us that we had been upgraded to a luxury room on the non-smoking floor (4th), and that they would comp us breakfast each morning. I was floored! I had mentioned in my fax that we were celebrating our 10th anniversary, but never dreamed that we'd be treated so royally.
When the bell captain took us to our room, sure enough, it was luxurious. We had a large, very comfortable king bed with lots of pillows. The bathroom was complete with all the toiletries you'd expect, a towel warmer, large bath sheets. The room was spotless. I noticed that there was double-insulated glass on our windows and it blocked out any noise that would have come from the street below. I glanced over to see a welcoming bowl of fresh fruit, a large bottle of Evian with two glasses, and a note from the hotel manager, welcoming us to Le Meridien. We had such service and attention the entire week we were there. Each morning we'd go to the 2nd floor where the Terrace Restaurant hosts a breakfast buffet, overflowing with goodies. On the main table, there are 8 or 10 chafing dishes with scrambled eggs, made with real cream, bacon, sausages, mushrooms, black pudding, beans, hash browns. At either end of this table, you will find baskets of fresh croissants and pastries. On one side table, there was an assortment of cereals, fruit, and yogurts. On another side table, there was smoked salmon, cream cheese, bagels, cheeses, sliced meats. The waiters would greet us with a piping-hot cup of coffee and orange juice. Toast, both white and wheat, appeared just for the asking.
The concierge made several reservations for us, and guided us through the bus and tube routes when we needed help. There is internet service available in their business center, and I purchased a
card for 45 minutes of use for 7 pounds. Their bar is on a lower level from the lobby, quite a charming place for a glass of wine or ale. As you can tell, we loved this hotel. The location is superb. It's situated right in the middle of the West End, and we could walk to almost all the sights on our list! Don't be afraid to stay here...they will not disappoint you!

Better than expected

by TripAdvisor Member joelk

Just spend 4 nights at the Le Meridian Piccadilly booked through Priceline - was apprehensive having read the previous reviews, but was very pleasantly surprised. Check in was swift, and luggage was quickly delivered to our nicely furnished and very clean room which had all the facilities you'd want. Bathroom was small, but what can you expect in central London. Tea Coffee on hand, fax machine in room, morning paper, chocolates on turndown etc.

Had a couple of drinks in the Terrace. Would recommend it over the bar, as it's so unusual to be able to sit overlooking Piccadilly.

Only complaints: Housekeeping a little inconsistent with towel replacement, language skills of serving staff, incorrect charge to minibar, but otherwise great. Recommended.

Any comments on Le Meridien Piccadilly ?

by Sarafine

Hi. My husband and I are visiting London in two weeks and we just made reservations at this hotel for 7 nights...I know it's supposed to be a 5 star but I am very curious to know if anybody has stayed there and what they thought of their experience.

Thanks for your help.

-Sara

Re: Any comments on Le Meridien Piccadilly ?

by robine

I haven't stayed there, but its reputation is excellent, and location perfect. Elsewhere, I've found Le Meridien an efficient chian. Enjoy!

Re: Any comments on Le Meridien Piccadilly ?

by ZanieOR

That's funny, because my friend was going to make reservations at Le Meridien Piccadilly for us, mainly because of the great location, but then I discovered tripadvisor.com and found the reviews all over the map.
I kind of laughed about it, and said we would have fun anywhere, but she decided instead to book us into Covent Garden Hotel, which appears to be very cushy with all superlative reviews.
Other people on this site have suggested tripadvisor.com when someone asks about a particular hotel, and it is a great site.

Re: Re: Any comments on Le Meridien Piccadilly ?

by local_guide

Last time I stayed at the Meridien, it was very comfortable.

It has a nice restaurant for Lunch overlooking the street, but if you want to experience a very traditional British eating experience, book Simpsons on the Strand. Or, if you want to see London from the river, Bateaux London do very enjoyable dinner/dance cruises.

The Meridien is good as a starting point for sightseeing. You'd be surprised how much is within walking distance or a short tube ride. A very comfortable pair of walking shoes is a must.

Hope you have a wonderful holiday!

Re: Re: Any comments on Le Meridien Piccadilly ?

by UKdiverMichael

Hi
I use the Le Meridian in Piccadilly whenever I am in Central London for my business meetings. It is excellently situated just a few steps from Piccadilly Circus, but be warned it is certainly not cheap! I pay about £6.50 for a cappucino there, compared to about £2 elsewhere!
It has a nice health suite there too, Champneys.
have a good time in London

Comments