8-18 London Bridge Street, London, SE1 9SG, United Kingdom

Orbitz.com Official Site Booking.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 23% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo

A nice base for a short stay

We booked the hotel through a travel site & got great discounts on our rooms. A very pleasant hotel with all you would expect of a 4* hotel. The rooms were comfortable with excellent facilities. The hotel is located in a business area so weekend stays are a lot cheaper than weekdays when most of the guests stay on expenses from their companies.

Unique Quality: The staff were unobtusive & a bit impersonal but very helpful when asked for info or taxis. There were 2 restaurants, the George Town serving Malasian dishes & the Londonium serving international dishes. The second resturaunt also served breakfast - a nice & satisfying continental breakfast is included in your room rate.
    The hotel has a fitness room but we did so much walking - we just popped in to have a look.

Directions: Just outside London Bridge Tube Station

More about London Bridge Hotel

My first glimpse of something beautiful

by scottishvisitor

Stepping out of the taxi at London Bridge Hotel I was delighted & excited to see two of my favourite things = blue sky & a magnificent church.
Southwark Cathedral was once a Parish Church & became a Cathedral at the beginning of the 1900's . In earlier days St. Swithin of the weather fame founded a convent on the site. Later in its days as a Parish Church William Shakespear was present at the baptism of John Harvey who founded the University in the USA.
I was amazed how clean & shiny the detail on the tower looked in the winter sun.

Good stay at the London Bridge

by TripAdvisor Member Glenman

I stayed two nights in the London Bridge Hotel at the start of November, while in London on business. Very good hotel, very pleasant staff. good breakfast and good rooms, a reasonable size for a central London hotel. I would certainly stay again if working in the same area.

Fantastic Place to Stay In London, Brilliant Location

Myself and my husband have just returned from a 3 night stay (May Bank Holiday) at the London Bridge Hotel. Hotel room a good size for a city location, immaculate, mini bar, nice en-suite etc, and the most comfortable hotel bed I have ever slept in. Service was excellent, breakfast excellent, we chose the continental but the full englishe looked great. We also went to the dining room one evening and the meal there was very good. One of the best things about this hotel is the location, literally 1 minute from the tube station. We will certainly return. A WORD OF WARNING though, my only grip would be the extortionate telephone charges, I was calling home to Ireland a couple of times and the bill was outrageous. That aside everyting else was great.

Great hotel

by TripAdvisor Member uvagrad

We stayed at the London Bridge Hotel for 7 nights in late Feb/Mar. 2005. We got a great rate through the hotel website which included a full English breakfast each day. Given the horrible exchange rate right now for US $, that resulted in a significant savings for our family of four, since breakfast was so large that we were never hungry for lunch and so just ate two meals per day. The hotel is a very modern and clean business hotel. Our room was a superior/deluxe room on the fifth floor and faced the street, but it was very quiet. We had a queen sized bed and a fold out couch which our two boys slept on. The room was very clean, nicely decorated, and quite large for the price and in general compared to London hotel rooms. It had a huge walk in closet which was large enough for all four of our large suitcases to fit in --opened-- and for me to use as a dressing room. The location was great- the train went directly from Gatwick to the London Bridge tube stop, which is directly across the street from the hotel- again, saved us a lot of money in cab fare or the inconvenience of transporting luggage through a change at Victoria Station. The hotel is within walking distance to many attractions- the Tower Bridge, Tower of London, London Dungeons, Southwark Cathedral, Tate Modern, etc. (some are long walks but nice, along the waterfront) Free morning newspapers, a very friendly and helpful staff. I liked the ambiance of a smaller hotel as opposed to a huge hotel. We always got a cheery hello each morning and were warmly welcomed back each evening- it was nice to see familiar and friendly faces each day! One of my sons lost a baby tooth while we were there and they even wrote a letter from the tooth fairy to him!

This is a business hotel located in a primarily business area and the only two downsides I would say as far as this hotel is concerned if you are traveling with children is that there are not a lot of "child-friendly" restaurants located nearby that are open for dinner with the exception of the George --which was great, very reasonable and had a neat atmosphere, it is an old coaching inn--and the usual chain restaurants in the tube stop (Burger King, Upper Crust, etc). Also, even my 8 and 10 year old boys complained a little about the fold out sofa bed-- it was more along the lines of a double bed sized cot-- I am sure that an adult could not sleep on it and it was pretty lumpy and uncomfortable even for pretty non-picky young boys. Fortunately, they were so tired each evening from the walking that we'd done all day that it was not a big issue! It would have been a great room for two adults as the bed was very comfortable and the room had nice seating area. The bathroom was very nice and roomy with a great shower/tub combination and like the rest of the hotel, was spotlessly clean.

All in all, two big thumbs up for the London Bridge Hotel!

excellent hotel, poor service

Myself and my girlfriend stayed at the hotel 27/11/04 for one night. We found the room excellent, very clean and modern, and very big. We did however upgrade to the superior room. The staff were not very helpful though, our TV was not working properly, so we called reception only to be told we should re-tune the TV ourselves, didn't work so called back and were then told it wouldn't work till an engineer came at the start of the week. Not very helpful! If you are booking this hotel try booking through their website as I got a special promotion on a superior room cheaper than most other sites were for a standard room.

Very nice hotel

I have nothing to say but confirm other people reviews. I stayed there with 3 friends of mine last week. Hotel is clean, rooms are nice and well equipped (maybe a bit too small) and I liked the continental breakfast. Service is good as well: there was a misunderstanding with the reservation, but evertything went fine. We booked through HotelClub and got a very good price. Definitely an excellent value for money.

Very good choice

by TripAdvisor Member nandocom

If the room costs less than 130 Euros, this one is the best choice in London. Excellent location. Near the underground. Agreeable treatmen and abundant breakfast. Forever my hotel in London.

Great Location and excellent service

by TripAdvisor Member baxi

We stayed for 3 nights at end of Feb 2005. Room and in fact the entire Hotel was clean and well decorated. Our room, at the back of the Hotel, was very quiet
All the staff were very friendly and helpful, we had the continental breakfast which had a great range of choices.
Hotel is in a central location for sightseeing - right next to London Bridge Train and underground stations. Two good pubs to visit nearby are the George Inn and the Market Porter (next to Borough Market)
We ate once at the attached Georgetown restaurant which had excellent food although slightly pricey.
The only (very minor) disappointments were 1. that the literature in the bedrooms does not mention that the Borough Bar/pub next door is closed Saturday and Sunday and 2. the menu for Georgetown mentions a pre-theatre menu between 5 and 7 pm but it doesn't actually open until 6pm.
Would recommend this Hotel to everyone.

Great Location, Great Value

I stayed for 1 night in March 2002. This 4 star hotel is located just next to the London Bridge Station on the busy street which offers excellent transport links - train, tubes, bus & taxi.

The staffs were polite. The room (I booked twin room) was good size - not large but not small, very clean, comfortable, & the bathroom was also good size and very clean as you can just expect from any other 4 star hotels. But it was not quiet since my room was at the street side so I will recommend anyone who stay to request the room at the back of the hotel.

I paid 60 pounds per night for a twin room which I thought excellent value (I booked at the discount rate from internet).

Overall, I would say this is probably the one of the best hotel I have ever stayed in on holiday in terms of value & location.

by lutteuses

We're coming over to roll (and time permitting we'll also rock some) in London.

Does anyone have any experience with teh London Bridge Hotel? Alternatively can you recommend any other hotels in the immediate vicinity og London Bridge Hotel?

Thanks!
Ls

by chrishc

Not stayed at the hotel but it is a good location for the South Bank and the City of London, it is right next to london Bridge rail and bus stations and looks like it is a nice hotel, the menus sound good as well.

The station attracts some homeless types but these are not usually a problem, the station is well policed.

by chrishc

Sorry about the repeats, I hit the wrong button.

by zaz

Try searching the site www.tripadvisor.com for reviews of these hotels. I found this site very helpful. Zaz

by andywing

I was about to say "Have a look at tripadvisor.com" but Zaz beat me to it

All the best