3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

134-136 Lexham Gardens, London, England W8
Hotels.com Travelocity Booking.com

Rated 16% higher but also costs 41% more than other 3.5 star hotels

More about London Lodge Hotel

Loved the London Lodge hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member oceanprincess428

We enjoyed our stay at the London Lodge Hotel! Our room was absolutely beautiful and huge! Our bed was huge as well! We traveled to London from Paris, so this room was amazing (the decor, the colors, the bed, the bathroom) compared to what we had over in France. Everything was always clean and well made up when we returned later that day from sightseeing. The staff was amazing! We had a complimentary breakfast with our room and every morning both managers would be in the restaraunt making sure our stay was great.
The only problems we had was a guy who worked at the front desk - he never seemed to understand what we needed or how to help us. All of the other staff was really helpful. Two days in a row when the maid was leaving she didn't pull shut our door all of the way which worried us, so we tried talking to this guy at the front desk and he just asked us what the problem was. I talked to Leah the next morning and sure enough it never happened again.
The location was great - a nice little neighborhood and really really quiet. About a 7 minute walk to the Tube station at Earl's Court which was really convenient because we just took the Tube in from Heathrow and got off there. Not to mention they got our room ready really early so when we traveled in from Paris at around noon it was ready for us to dump our luggage so we could go out and sightsee right away.
I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone going to London!

Lovely town house hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Travellino

I had a lovely stay at London Lodge Hotel. The staff give great attention to detail, and really make you feel special. My room was just the right size, clean, comfortable and well maintained. The full english breakfast was also excellent. And the hotel's no-smoking policy is much appreciated. I would highly reccommend this hotel to anyone wanting a nice and quiet stay in London. Would definitely stay again!

This is the best Hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member albertpark

If you want clean, comfortable accommodation with friendly staff run by competent helpful managers - this is the one. My partner and I spent ten days at London Lodge Hotel last month and have nothing but praise for the Manager, Mandy and her staff. We were treated like family - everyone was helpful and pleasant and we very sorry to leave at the end of our stay. We couldn't have asked for better, more friendly service. We came directly from Australia and after such a long flight, it was wonderful to feel like you had come home. The location in a quiet street in Kensington, but close to Earls Court shops and Underground is perfect. I recommend that if you are travelling to London that you definitely check this one out. We'll be back.

Convenient and comfortable

by TripAdvisor Member LimList

I just spent one night at the London Lodge with 3 teenage girls. The hotel is very handy to Earls Court tube station, and we found the staff very helpful and always pleasant. We had a lovely large twin room, plus a smaller twin room side by side. Everything was in good condition and clean. As mentioned in other reviews, Lea was great. We would recommend this hotel without reservation.

Very nice place to stay.

by TripAdvisor Member MCTBethelNY

My daughter, best friend and I stayed at the London Lodge for 3 nights in June 2007. We were on the 4th floor and unfortunately the lift was out of order when we arrived. The receptionist very kindly offered to carry one of our very large bags up and we handled the rest. Luckily the lift was soon fixed. Our room was fine, clean and of good size for the three of us. The bathroom was large and also clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful about arranging cabs and directions. The hotel was close to the Earl's Court tube station and some nice pubs to have a meal in.
The full English breakfast each morning was very nice and kept us full for our days activities. I would recommend staying here and would stay again myself if I have the opportunity to travel to London again.

Broad smiles

by TripAdvisor Member bhchang

My family of 3 had a wonderful 1 week stay in this hotel. We love the room's decoration and hotel is located in a safe quiet area. The staffs were helpful, courteous and could offer great attention to details. We had ordered our 1st day of breakfast in the restaurant and subsequent days, Anetta (waitress) and Lea (restaurant manager) are able to offer what we need. My daughter 10 loves the hot chocolate drinks being offered and the English Breakfast is excellent.
The hotel is situated near to Earl's court metro which we have benefited by traveling to area of attractions with ease.
Overall, I am extremely happy and delighted to have chosen and live in this hotel for my family's very 1st unguided vacation in UK. My family left London with broad smiles on their face.

Nice hotel, friendly staff

by TripAdvisor Member MarkerMan

I stayed at this hotel for a long weekend in April, after reading the many good reviews on tripadvisor. It lived up to the reviews!

I booked a single room, which was your standard small London room, but it was clean and comfortable. The desk staff was very helpful and recommended a nice restaurant nearby. The location is in a nice neighborhood, that is a short walk to the V & A museum and the science/natural history museums, and the Earl's Court metro. There are a lot of restaurants and internet cafes nearby.

The free continental breakfast is decent, and you can get a good full breakfast for an additional fee.

Definitely recommended.

Clean and simple at a reasonable price

by TripAdvisor Member Djh_Wilson

I booked this hotel in order to visit a conference at Earl's Court, for which it is very convenient (5 minute walk to the Underground station, slightly more to the exhibition centre). Whilst I could raise some minor quibbles about the age of some of the appliances, overall this is a good hotel: clean, comfortable, and filled with helpful and friendly staff. Whilst not exactly cheap, I would certainly say that (relatively speaking) it represents good value for money- I have been booked into other hotels in and around London that charged a lot more and delivered a lot less!

Lovely stay, such nice staff.

by TripAdvisor Member topbiddy1983

This is a great hotel. We stayed for two nights in February and got a great deal. Bed was extremely cosy and comfortable and the bathroom was amply large enough with a great shower. Everything was in the room that we wanted and it was clean and more importently for us very quiet and in a nice safe area. We had a small problem with the air conditioning unit, which was dealt with very quickly and efficiently by the staff, who were I must add very friendly and polite and professional. The Manager was especially nice and she took the time at breakfast to chat to all the guests, a very nice touch as sometimes we have found London Hotels to be very stuffy and impersonal. She was very apologetic for our slight problem and upgraded us to a larger room at no extra cost. Thank you! They even moved all our belongings for us while we were out.
Breakfast was good and everything that various guests asked for was provided, Continental or English, or both if you wanted it!
It was about 5 mins to the tube and a quick line to the city or the bus was even closer. Lots of places to eat and shops close by. Well worth the money, we will book again next trip. Thanks Lea and all your staff.

What a wonderful hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member anderahli

We really had a wonderful stay at this beautiful hotel on Memorial Day weekend 2007. Our room was very luxurious...especially for the low price we paid. The room was nicely decorated, clean with plenty pf space. The bathroom had all of the usual amenities and was spacious.

I would recommend booking with the full breakfast. The breakfast is made to order, delicious with plenty of food. The hotel manager was in the dining room every morning of our stay serving and chatting with customers. The staff overall was very nice.

This hotel was also very conveniently located a few blocks from the Earl's Court tube station and many nice restaurants, including a Starbucks (woo).

Earls Court or Paddington?

by ma23peas

I've got two fairly good offers for a 5 nights stay in September. I will be traveling with my husband and three children ages 7-11...It's been 15 years since I visited London and don't remember the areas very well.

One hotel is London Lodge Hotel near Earls Court and the other is the Allandale near Paddington (5 minutes walk from Hyde Park)...any chance you guys know which area/hotel would be a safer area for a family?
Thanks!
Tara

RE: Earls Court or Paddington?

by robine

I don't know either hotel, but both areas are safe. Paddington is more central. Fot hotel reviews, try www.tripadvisor.com. Enjoy your stay!

RE: Earls Court or Paddington?

by film

I would suggest the Allandale hotel is the better location simply on the grounds that it is near Hyde Park where they can run around. The other location is quite built up. Next to Hyde Park is Kensington Gardens and the Princess of Wales Memorial Playground is kid heaven.

hotel help

by polly45

Hi, This is my first post so hello every one. I hope someone might have information on the hotel I am thinking about staying at in early July with my husband and 18 year old. It is the Imperial Hotel in Russel Sq, my head is aching looking for a nice place to stay for a week.
Last time we stayed at the London Lodge Hotel everything was very good exept we do like a couple of night caps in the bar before bed and sadly the london lodge hasnt got a bar and there is'nt many bars near by, (not that we could find anyway)so any info would be great. Thanks in advance

RE: hotel help

by yvr

There are 20 reviews of this hotel by past guests on tripadvisor.com and from reading them, on a scale of 1 to 5 the average seems to be 3. This hotel seems to be for the budget minded traveler.

RE: hotel help

by JulesH

Hi Polly,

I work just round the corner from the Imperial, and although it seems to have undergone a slight revamp of late, I have to say it still appears a bit tatty to me. It is pretty cheap though and is attached to the Night and Day bar, which is an internet cafe which serves food too. If you need cheap, then this is probably the best of the budget hotels in the area.

Jules

by clivedinburgh

You should also bear in mind that following a recent change in the English licensing laws for bars, more are likely to be open later at night (usually to 1 or 2am).

by JulesH

Unfortunately not the case Clive...very few bars have changed their opening hours as yet, and definitely not in the Russell Suare area.

by polly45

Well thats ok thanks everyone. We just thought a few in the hotel bar while our son could go to the internet cafe or up to the room(he dosnt drink) I should be grateful, I think!
Am still looking but for the price the Imperial seems ok.I dont mind paying more but it seems to be swings and roundabouts, lose breakfast or lose the bar or the area. I probably sound picky but I just like to get it right as much as I can.

Comments