22 Hertsmere Road, Canary Wharf, London, E14 4ED, United Kingdom
Marriott.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

More about London Marriott West India Quay

Would Stay Again

We stayed here for 4 nights in March. We had a room overlooking the docks, and I think this is a definite must! The hotel is steps from the DLR line and a 7 minute walk from the Canary Wharf tube stop. There are plenty of hotels and restaurants around if you would like to avoid the hotel. We really liked Brown's which is next door. The hotel was very accomodating, and the rooms were nice. The bed was the best bed I've had in my travels to Europe. The only problem we had was one of the elevators did not stop on our floor for 2 days. However, there is another elevator in the stairwell. I would stay here again.

Great experience

by TripAdvisor Member ewoo

I was a little concerned about the location of this hotel, since we were going to London as tourists, not on business. The West India Quay/Canary Wharf areas are full of office buildings and young professionals, and I was worried we would be too far from the action in central London.

My fears were unfounded. This hotel turned out to be a fantastic option. The Docklands Rail stop was only a few feet from the hotel door. The Tube/Underground station was just across a footbridge to Canary Wharf. From there, you can quickly and easily go anywhere in central London. After a long day of touring the sites, you can retire to a modern, pleasant, safe area of London for a good night's sleep.

The hotel staff was very friendly. The rooms were well-appointed and air-conditioned (very important as we were there during a summer heat wave). I would recommend it to business travelers or tourists.

Good hotel for the business or holiday traveller

by TripAdvisor Member NDAB

I have stayed at this hotel twice now, both times for work, and found it very comfortable and convenient. It was really convenient for me as I had to work in one of the buildings in Canary Wharf and so could walk to and from the hotel. If you wanted to go places in the City or central london, then you'll have a 15 minute train ride.

The rooms were very comfortable (and the bed was fantastic - Marriott really have great beds!) and fairly quiet. My room on my most recent stay faced the railway tracks but I really had to concentrate to hear the trains, and they stop running at midnight anyway. The airconditioning was faultless, the bathroom excellent and the whole room was very clean and comfortable. What was good was that when I booked, the website said there were no non-smoking rooms available, but the lady checking me in was able to find me a non-smoking room.

My only (minor) gripes were the room service staff who were a little slow and kept forgetting things. Some food arrived cold as well. The check in desk could do with some "priority" desks for people actually checking in and out as when I tried several staff were occupied helping other guests with questions. This meant that I and several other guests had to wait around for someone to become available. However, Marriott do offer an express checkout service.

The breakfast was very good and the other meals I had via room service were good (when they arrived and were hot!). Overall I would recommend this hotel if you are planning on spending a fair amount of time in the Docklands area of London.

Not to be touched

by TripAdvisor Member Alix244

I was kindly bought a romantic weekend in London by my boyfriend. Being both students he had really quite splashed out to get me a weekend to remember however the stay was purely awful.
On the day we arrived we were shown up to a room, of course as you do, you have a sneaky peek of the view. I came face to face with London's light railway junction and some other disgusting fans. After a brief conversation with my boyfriend we decided to go back down to reception and ask to be changed rooms. Because of the staff's lack of English it took 4 attemps to find a room which did not have a horrendous view.

I also felt that the hotel was far from central London and that it was simply cold, the concierge was absolutely useless the staff were not friendly.

The only good thing was the breakfast which was rather nice, although I would say that everything was put quite a fair distance from one another which made breakfast seem to be a trek to the Himalayas. Also the staff were like hawks, i think they were scared that someone was going to steel the cutlery or something.

I would also like to add that we were infact still at the hotel when Tottenham players got their mysterious food poisoning. The security tightened which made it inconvinient for us normal people because we had to show proff of stay at the side door when we had checked out and just come back to collect our bags. The security man just could not be bothered to even call through to see if we had stayed at the hotel.

Final note: this hotel is overpriced for what it is and the staff needs some English lessons

Great location and friendly staff

by TripAdvisor Member CatherineB

We stayed on a Saturday night and the area was buzzing. Loved the room, great shower and the bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in. The reception and bar staff were really friendly and couldn't do enough for us. The only downside is that we were on the first floor and could hear the trains on the DLR (station is right next door) although a room on a higher floor might be less noisy.

An Excellent Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member SBMARS

Stopped at the hotel with my family for two nights. The hotel and service were excellent and the benefits offered by the Executive Lounge are second to none and a breath of fresh air when you have children with you. They somewhat undersell the benefits of the Executive Lounge, but for the extra £20 per room that it cost the benefits were great. You have the advantage of complimentary soft drinks and snacks all day and the benefit of complimentary warm Snacks from 5.30 to 7.30 pm and then from 7.30pm until 9.30pm you have fcomplimentary desserts. In addition from 5.30pm to 7.30pm you have the extra bonus of complimentary wine and beer. As stated before in reviews the room was excellent and the staff brilliant, nothing was too much trouble. This hotel and the surrounding area should appeal to every type of visitor. Central London is only ten minutes away on the tube and the local restaurants and bars looked wonderful. I have stopped at several more expensive hotels and would not return to them, but would definitley return here with or without the kids. Overall nothing to fault.

Wonderful bed, perfect service, couldn't be better!

by TripAdvisor Member dap15

This hotel is conveniently located in the Canary Wharf banking district. It is an easy 5 min.walk to the tube and the DLR station is right next door - either of which can connect you to the rest of the city. I never heard a train even though they were running nearby. The hotel was perfect. Beautifully decorated, attentive staff, spa bathroom, and wonderful soft bedding with lots of pillows. If you have the opportunity to use the executive lounge, it is a very nice place for breakfast, drinks or snacks. I am usually disappointed with hotel rooms and often feel they are not cleaned well and I really dislike dingy showers. This room is just the opposite - clean and new. We did not use room service so I cannot speak for that. If you need to stay close to Canary Wharf, I highly recommend this hotel.

Poor service

by TripAdvisor Member jmgilbert

This modern, new hotel has a nice look and feel. Large enough rooms, broadband access for a fee, room safe and large bathroom. Physically it is great, however the service is poor.

It took the clerk a while to check in at 12:00 a.m. when I was the only customer at the front desk. He clerk had to swipe my credit card twice because he thought it did not work the first time. It did work both times so I had double the reserve placed against the card.

I only stayed two nights and my room was never serviced. I left for the day at 9:15 a.m. so there was plenty of time to service the room. When I called at 9:00 p.m. on a Saturday evening to inform the hotel my room had not been serviced I did not get a sympatric response. The "at your service" desk informed me that housekeeping was gone for the night. I had to ask for extra towels and washcloth. When they brought the towels up they brought three face cloths and a bath robe. The bellmen did return promptly with two bath towels.

When I was leaving in the morning a fellow guest talked about how the hotel did not seem to understand how run things smoothly. I concur with his conclusion.

The location is okay if you are not planning to spend much time in Central London. Allow 40 minutes on the Tube to get to Central London. The tube stop (Canary Wharf) is a 10 minute walk from the hotel.

Luxury in London!

by TripAdvisor Member irishwee

We arrived at the hotel at the Dockland's Light Rail (DLR) Station right next door having travelled from London City Airport merely only 15 minutes away. We were greeted so amicably by reception and although they could not give us extended check out on the Sunday, check in was a very pleasant experience. Our room was VERY clean, beautiful beds and decor and great bathroom products. Everything you need for a weekend away!
Although we were on the DLR side, there was minimal noise and the view over the city was lovely! Nothing spectacular but pleasant enough.
The DLR takes you right into the city and easy access to all the main attractions for 4.90 Sterling a day for two zones, which really covers all the big stuff. Food in the hotel was excellent and the Manhattan Bar does the best cocktails. Music could be better but the service was second to none. There are lots of really neat restaurants to eat in the area and a cinema just a block away. Canary Wharf and a great shopping center are just over the bridge with the Cat and Canary Pub just a stone's throw away! Brilliant!

On checking out, I needed to leave my bag as I was going shopping. The bell hop took it from me at reception and on my return, I was escorted to the Fitness Center so I could freshen up and repack so I could accommodate my shopping.

Door was opened for me coming in and out and ALL the staff without exception were just lovely! I could not fault the place on anything!

AND...the best part....99 Sterling per night (excl. VAT). Brilliant value when some cheesy joints are charging much more just because they are downtown. Travelling on the DLR is a doddle, quick and safe as there are a lot of staff manning the trains. Loved it!

This is one of the best Hotels in London to stay at!

Somewhere near West India Quay.

by mo_adam71

Hi all. I'll be putting up at the MArriot West India Quay at the end of June on a business trip. What can possible one do and see around the area. Any place of interest, clubs, shopping etc etc. And has anyone been to the Hotel - any good?

Thanks all

RE: Somewhere near West India Quay.

by UKDaisy

There are shops and restaurants within Canary Wharf, but not a lot to choose from.

If you have the time, head to Central London, where there's plenty more shops (try Oxford Street), restaurants, and tourist attractions.

Thanks Daisy.

by film

Everything is new around there. Many bars but full of suits drinking after work. Take the DLR to Greenwich. Check out the Inc Bar, Bar de Musee and the market at the weekend.

Thanks Film.