38 Trebovir Road, London, SW5 9NJ, United Kingdom

Satisfaction Average

More about London

Thames from the Tower BridgeThames from the Tower Bridge

pieter_jan_vpieter_jan_v

The Albert Memorial against a threatening skyThe Albert Memorial against a threatening sky

My brother and me in Camden TownMy brother and me in Camden Town

reasonable accomodation

by dentisto

We will be in London from December14th to 17th and are looking for an interesting area with reasonably priced accommodation. any and all information would be appreciated. dave from the Yukon

by suvanki

Hi! I usually recommend looking at VTers Hotels and Accommodations pages, then Venere.com and Booking.com for reduced price accommodation, ratings from people who've stayed there etc.
If you check my London page you'll find some info re hotels/hostels that I've stayed at.

Best Wishes,
Sue

by leics

www.booking.com and www.venere.com are both reliable sites.

It is also worth looking at the official tourist information site for Lonodn, which lists all accommodation. You can refine your search by area, landmark etc and, having found somewhere you like, can always google and book it elsewhere if you get a better deal.

www.visitlondon.com/accommodation/

I'm afraid the UK is expensive and London even more so. Staying in the centre (travel zones 1 and 2) is best, imo, to save travel time.

by zuriga

London is very easy to navigate, so I'd look for a good-priced hotel, fairly central, and exactly where it is won't really matter all that much for sightseeing.

As noted, London is a very expensive city. The Travelodge and Travel Inn chains do have hotels in London and are usually very good value for money. Jury's Inn is another group of hotels that often has good deals and there are quite a few reasonable places along Cromwell Road in South Kensington (sorry not to have a specific name).

by leics

I enjoyed my stay at the Euro Hotel (found and booked via booking.com) in a quiet square about 10 minutes' walk fron the British Museum.

www.eurohotel.co.uk

by Andrew_W_K

Yes Booking.com or Hotels.com or Hotelclub.net and also I'd take a look at the Travel Lodge website. They have a few hotels dotted around London and if you can get a central one for a knock down price then you've won. I stayed at the one in Battersea last year for £9 a night!! You just have to get the offers when they come up http://www.travelodge.co.uk/?gclid=CJO7xsKRkJ4CFVeY2AodtTuOoQ

by traveljunkie_82

Hi,

there is a great website for London hotels which is www.hotelpond.com. I follow them on twitter and they have good deals for london if you email them directly too... might be worth giving a shot
hope this helps

by dentisto

Carolyn and I would like to thanks all of you who replied to our post. Your replies have been very helpful. If you ever find yourself in Northern Canada stranded at KM. 1232 on the Alaska Highway, please stop in and see us. We have a place called Dawson Peaks Resort. Dave.

by Andrew_W_K

Your very welcome. I hope you have a great time.

You are welcome indeed.

by Tokyotraveller

I stayed in London in a homestay last summer. It was a good alternative to residences/hostels etc. You stay with a family, get to meet the locals and at an affordable price. I used http://www.londonhomestays.com and they were pretty good. If you google homestay in London I'm sure you will find other companies who offer the same service.

I hope this helps.

Travel Tips for London

A sunday in London.

by benazer

Nothing special or favorite about London,I just live here. My kids,my friends , my trees are all here, maybe thats all there is to it...
--------------------------------------------------
Got up at 10am washed,had some cornflakes
had a Nescoffee and my first cigarette of the day , got dressed ,vent out to a junk market very near me,looked at some interesting books,records,did not see anything I fancied.
walked on to the main road ,got into safeways supermarket,bought some milk,bread,cheese,cigarettes,daily express newspaper,walked through the "East street "market bought some oranges and bananas then walked home enjoying the sun ,the trees beginning to sprout their leaves ,watched the golden daffodills in full bloom,got back home,watched the war on tv,turned on my pc logged on to VT. Meeting Maura a long time ago,watching my kids grow up get jobs and have a daughter each as time vent by.
when I am away I miss my house and watching "East enders" on TV.

George Orwell lived here

by spgood301

You know how much history there is in London - it's all over the city for you to see. So many famous people lived in London. Many are commemorated throughut the city. For example, this building in the Notting Hill area is where author George Orwell lived. Signs like this are all over London - be on the lookout for them, you never know when you'll run into one.

VT friends

by conny_bazen

Go to visit some VT-friends.......
This idea from going to London started with plans to organize a meeting in London. Rieke and I just met once on a VT-meeting in Antwerp and we made the decision to go to London for a weekend !!!
And what a GREAT time we had............ The VT meeting and of course Riekes' company :-))

London's West End nightclubs

by annase

To keep the upmarket aura, West End night clubs normally turn away male-heavy, large or segregated groups. Typically, you can't just rock up to any venue and walk straight in, but you need to be on a guestlist unless you are either famous, well-connected or just absolutely stunning.

There are companies and organisers (for instance Alpha Parties is one) who will make it easier for you to get in, but to play it safe, you should always dress smart, arrive early (10-10.30pm) and make sure you are in small mixed groups of as many girls as guys (4-5 max). The queues can usually get massive on weekends. This might not be quite so bad on weekday evenings if you come early though - but in general it is harder for guys to get in after 11pm.

Tube Etiquette No 4: Smiling

by Cham

Just like the talking on the tube, if you really want to freak people out just stare at someone and smile. Watch the reaction... again they're thinking you're a sandwich or 5 short of a picnic or that they won't be sleeping alone tonight.

people don't really smile on the tube they don't even really look at people (during rush hour anyway). Its a horrible fact but sometimes it's best just to just to go with the flow. If in any doubt give the smiling a go... the reactions can be hillarious, just be careful who you do it to.

Comments