London Hotels

Our Members Say

• Galaxy31 profile photo Galaxy31
  • Reviews: 177

Hilton London Heathrow Airport Terminal 5.: Convenient for airport terminal 5

Stayed at Hilton Hotel the night before I flew out to Cyprus. The hotel it was the ideal place to relax after a days work and just before I have started my holidays.
I have chosen this hotel for the location and amenities that it had to offer.
The room it was spacious overlooking the brook and car park with sound proof windows and blackout curtains, a well stock drinks fridge, an iron board, iron & hairdryer. Also it had a safe and a comfortable desk with an LCD TV.
The hotel has got a fitnes room, sauna, steam room, & a hydrotherapy pool, two restaurants and two bars. Also it has it's own coffee meeting area.

The hotel it had a shoe polishing facilities by the lift and also an ice machine in the corridors. As it was during christmas period I have travelled the hotel it was decorated in a very high standard.
Also the spa and gym it was a bonus.
In the bathroom it had speakers connected to the TV which it was great if you wanted to have a long soak in the bath with music playing in the backround.

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Related to: Family Travel, Spa and Resort, Luxury Travel
  • Written January 14, 2015

Hilton @ Heathrow 5

• jlanza29 profile photo jlanza29
  • Reviews: 685

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

The London Edition by Marriott: Wow !!!!!!!!

We had trip to London planned and we were having a hard time finding any hotels under 300 Pounds a night in the 1st weekend of October ….. we decided to take a chance at this hotel called The London Edition by Marriott and we are so glad we did …. at 325 pounds a night it's not for everyone, but WOW was my description of this hotel …. lets's start by location … literally dead smack in central London …. the rooms were to die for … we were on the 5th floor with a balcony …. the showers were huge, the service perfect …. the lobby bar packed with the who's who of London mover's and shakers …. we only stayed 2 nights … wished it would have been more …..

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Written October 10, 2014
Tip Photo

The bed was to die for !!!!!!!

• pieter_jan_v profile photo pieter_jan_v
  • Reviews: 5318
Holiday Inn Camden: At the Camden Lock

The Holiday Inn Camden hotel has 130 rooms (including 14 suites) spread over 5 floors.
One side of the hotel overlookes the Regent's canal and the Camden Lock.

• Related to: Arts and Culture, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Luxury Travel
  • Written September 21, 2014

Holiday Inn - Camden

• DAO profile photo DAO
  • Reviews: 3975

HILTON ISLINGTON: SEARCH FOR SLEEP IN LONDON

I have stayed at this hotel twice. The first time I paid and the second time was free. The reason for the, most appreciated, free stay was my first room. I had requested in writing to have a quiet room on a top floor. I was given a ground floor room next to the largest of the areas used by the cleaners and they were banging on my door at 8am while I was still trying to sleep. In fact ‘banging doors’ should be the name of this hotel. I will explain a little bit later.

My second stay was fantastic – except for more banging doors. I was invited for a free stay by the very (very) expert General Manager of the hotel. When I arrived a few months later I noted that the calibre and helpfulness of the staff are now at a very high standard. I was welcomed with ‘we have given you a quiet room on the back and on an upper floor’. Alright! We are getting somewhere now. I had such great experiences with the reception staff that I wrote out my comment card immediately.

My room was well equipped (again), I enjoyed all my free newspapers/magazines from the lobby, used the 1 working ice machine (top floor) and have a world-class breakfast the next morning. During my stay(s) I used the proper steam iron and full ironing board in every room. Nice showers, comfy beds, a good desk, Wi-Fi, TV, all the usual stuff. There is no gym or anything like that here, but there is plenty of great shopping and dinning nearby.

Now the problem. When the doors close in this hotel the are loud. The shut fast with a bang. So guests and maids are all happily banging away in the morning. Both times I stayed I was on a late start and all I was driven to distraction. I am alight sleeper and I carry my own fan to drown out noise. Bang! I could still hear them. Also the rooms are not well laid out in term of electrical outlets. The ones near the bed are specialty ones like a South African style plug so you can not plug in a laptop, iron, or my trusty fan. I had to swivel (roll) my bed against the TV stand on the other side to plug in my fan.

I do feel there is hope however! The General Manager read my comments about banging doors and emailed me that he would have engineers look at the settings of the door closers. I have no doubt he will eventually get this done. I am impressed.

The final verdict?

For $300 a night your hotel should have a gym/pool and a bit more going for it. The hotel is nice, but for that price I can get the leisure facilities I like to have. Great staff here though.

• Great Breakfast
• Good tube access
• Massive exhibition center next door
• Wi-Fi
• Located within a very good shopping/dinning area
• 1 Tube stop from Kings Cross/St. Pancreas

Also offers: Bag Storage, Concierge Desk, Laundry, Parking, Pets Allowed, Room Service, Safety Deposit Box, Babysitting Service, 1 restaurant, 1 bar.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Seniors, Luxury Travel, Business Travel
  • Written August 30, 2014

HILTON ISLINGTON

• pieter_jan_v profile photo pieter_jan_v
  • Reviews: 5318

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

www.hotelmap.com: Easy searching on a map

Finding a London accommodation can be quiet a challenge. Especial in the peak season a last minute booking can be become a nightmare, because all the good spots are taken.

I recommend the hotelmap website. It's a clear map of London with navigation. Hotels that still have rooms available are clearly shown together with the rates for the period you can enter on forehand.

The fully booked places are marked differently, so searching becomes relative easy.

• Related to: Business Travel, Luxury Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written June 12, 2014

www.hotelmap.com LONDON

• Terence101 profile photo Terence101
  • Reviews: 7

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Travel Lodge Heathrow Central: Better than Terminal 5 Travel lodge!

I stayed at this hotel in March 2013.It's about 10-15mins by bus from Heathrow airport.The hotel is right beside a busy road.This didn't make any difference.The hotel seemed to have good soundproofing.The hotel's entrance is a lift!I found the staff friendly/professional at the reception.The room I had was clean/tidy.The mattress on the bed was firm and clean(sheets).This time all the lights worked!Also, the remote control was the one for the television!I had booked an evening meal & breakfast in advance.Again,it was cheaper than paying on the day.The meal was reasonably good value for money.They seemed to have a different menu than Terminal 5.I went to bed about 10ish.I slept very well.The only noise I heard was early the next morning(door banging). Breakfast was sausages and scrambled eggs,cereal.There wasn't a large quantity of cooked food put out at once.But,it was first thing in the morning.The airport bus comes into the car park of the hotel.So,there isn't that far to walk.Also,there's a machine in the reception to buy bus tickets.I would happily stay at this Travel Lodge again!

Free wifi in bar area.Very close to Heathrow airport.

• Written November 14, 2013

• Terence101 profile photo Terence101
  • Reviews: 7

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Travel lodge Terminal 5: I'm glad it was for only one night!

We stayed there before we flew to Budapest,March 2012.It's very close to Heathrow airport.There is a regular bus service that goes to it.The hotel itself is a bit run down.It seems to be used by builders and workman.The room l had was clean and tidy.But,not all the lights worked.The bed was firm and clean.The bathroom was also clean and tidy.Both were of a good size.The remote for the television was a universal type.I couldn't get it to work.So,l went down to the reception.The receptionist didn't seem too happy to see me.After a huff,I was told that people steal the proper remotes.There was a workman beside me.He offered me his remote.Which worked!
We prepaid our evening meal and breakfast.It was a lot cheaper than paying for it on the evening.The menu was reasonable.I wouldn't of had it if I had the choice.Later in the evening l used the down stairs toilet.The toilet had a large crack in it.I went to bed about 10ish.I slept reasonably.There were a few doors banging in the night.But this is expected in this kind of place.The breakfast was scrambled egg and sausages and tomatoes.As I said,I'm glad it was only for one night!
The Travel Lodge at Heathrow Central was a lot better!I used it in March.

Close to Heathrow airport.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Written November 13, 2013

• Dabs profile photo Dabs
  • Reviews: 4212

Holiday Inn Express Slough: Hotel in suburban London

I thought about putting this review in Slough but I doubt that anyone would ever see it as who the heck wants to stay in Slough? But it was the best of a bunch of bad options for us, Mr. Dabs needed to be at Bray Lake at 6:30am on Saturday, leaving from London we would have had to take a very expensive cab ride.

So who stays in Slough? The 1st night it seemed like almost no one, the 2nd night we woke up the next morning to find a giant group of German tourists on a bus trip eating all the eggs and beans.

The location, for what we needed, was great. It was 2 minutes on foot to the train station that goes into London Paddington, it was 8.50£ one way, 8.70£ for a cheap day return, the express train only took 15 minutes. it was 5 minutes from the bus station that goes to Heathrow. There's an enormous 24 hour Tesco next to the bus station. Nothing is close to Bray Lake, it was a £20 car ride to get there from Slough. The car service called by the hotel had no idea where it was, fortunately we had printed out a map as GPS didn't know where it was either.

The free breakfast was very good, there was scrambled eggs, sausage, baked beans, toast, pastries, juice, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, juice, fruit, yogurt, cheese.

The room was fine, probably the best bed we had on the trip, spacious with a loveseat and a desk. There was tea and coffee service in the room.

Free wifi in room, other reviews suggest that parking is not free so check if you are driving.

• Written September 11, 2013

• Kuznetsov_Sergey profile photo Kuznetsov_Sergey
  • Reviews: 4903

Royal Sussex Hotel: Close to Hyde Park

We spent three nights in this hotel in May of 2004.
It is located Close to Paddington Station (5 minutes walk). From Paddington Station walk left down Praed Street, then make a right turn onto Norfolk Place, followed by a left turn for Sussex Gardens. It is a privately owned 3 star hotel.

You can watch my 2 min 05 sec Video Royal Sussex Hotel in London out of my Youtube channel or here on VT.

Royal Sussex Hotel has simply decorated rooms that have private bathroom facilities, trouser press, TV, direct-dial telephone and hairdryer. The Zebra Club is home to the hotel's bar and restaurant where you can order dinner or socialise after a day in the city.

• Written June 26, 2013

Royal Sussex Hotel

• DAO profile photo DAO
  • Reviews: 3975

LUXURY INN: MY FAVOURITE B&B IN LONDON

Ok. I have to admit that I decided not to write a tip about this fantastic oasis of peace and tranquillity in central London for 2 years – because I was worried you might book it before I could. They only have 7 rooms! I love this place. I have stayed here at least 4 times that I can easily remember. I have tried to stay here many more times than that. This is just the best. Rarely does an accommodation – especially in London – actually look like the website photos. I booked this gem on hotels.com. Even before I arrived I was telephoned by Rey (who I never met) to make sure I was still coming and if I needed anything. In fact the staff never leave the property until the evening and they keep asking if you need anything. After that – this is your home and they are a phone call away. It really feels like being a guest in someone’s house who just left for the weekend.

When I arrived I was impressed that it looked like the website on the outside, it was on a quiet street and that there were several nice pubs and restaurants nearby.

When James opened the door and took me upstairs – I saw the fantastic communal area. An open plan lounge, dinning room and kitchen with a great desk for the computer. There was fresh fruit for snacks on the table. The espresso machine had dozens of different ‘pellets’ at the ready. The kitchen was fully stocked with everything needed to cook and dish it up.

Then I was shown my room. WOW! A great looking bed with a wonderful mattress. A nice looking room overlooking the Japanese Garden. My bathroom was chic and modern. The closet doors were actually massive mirrors. The TV had zillions of channels and I even had a nice desk. The air-conditioning was just right. James left me and I promptly had a mega nap for an hour. After that a trip to a great restaurant nearby.

The other times I stayed here at the palace, I decided to cook. With a £25 meal allowance from work – you can have a lot of steak, prawns, cheese and red wine for 1 business person. One very happy business person.

I have stayed in both the en-suite and rooms with a shared bathroom. I never had a problem accessing the shared bathroom. I also never seemed to see the other guest or have competition for the computer or TV remote control.

I have enjoyed several nights here cooking for myself, watching the TV and just having a great night in here in central London. I have never had a better evening of tranquillity on business here than I have had staying here.

If you find yourself working in the area – stay here and DIY (Do It Yourself). You will just love it.

Quiet, great beds and a home away from home.

HOTEL OVERVIEW:
• Just 7 rooms ! Book early and often.
• Wonderful modern kitchen you can use, dinning room and TV watching area
• Breakfast is included – with really fresh fruit
• Free espresso machine, coffee and tea 24/7
• Free Wi-Fi and a computer with broadband
• Laundry facilities – a washer and dryer you can use!
• Great beds
• Quiet
• Help with any tickets and tours
• Hair dryers and irons/ironing boards – just ask

• Car parking is only £3 a day! Reserve early !!!!!!

ROOMS:
• Air-conditioned
• Coffee/tea making facilities
• Great TV with many channels
• iPod docking stations
• Free Wi-Fi
• Great beds and bathrooms
• Some rooms share a bathroom
• Access to the garden

• Related to: Business Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Women's Travel
  • Written April 18, 2013

LUXURY INN

• Londontrip11 profile photo Londontrip11
  • Reviews: 2

Holiday Inn: Good placed hotel in the heart of London

We stayed in the hotel "Holiday Inn" a full weekend. We had a big family room with 4 beds. The room was very clean and confortable. Unfortunately, the breakfast is not included and you have to pay 10 £. The wireless internet access is also not included and you have to pay another 20£ for 24 hours on 2 devices. However, the hotel is really nice and good located. You are 2 minutes away from the Oxford Street.

Good location next to the Oxford Street.

• Written April 15, 2013
Tip Photo

• soboring profile photo soboring
  • Reviews: 1

Acorn Of London: Short term accomodation

Hotel and B&B are quite expensive.
What I can suggest you and what I did last summer during the Olympic is renting a short stay apartment. My friends and I were 5 and stayed in an apartment at Russell sqare, for 7 nights, it came up to £30/ night per person, quite interesting (especially during the Olympics), self catering, so most of the time we cooked ( much more cheaper than going out for each meal). The company we stayed with is called Acorn of London.

+ central London
+self catering
+ not to expensive especially for big groups

• Related to: School Holidays, Women's Travel, Family Travel
  • Written November 23, 2012

• sserrato profile photo sserrato
  • Reviews: 1

Tune Hotels - Westminster: Inexpensive Rooms & Great Locations

Check out Tune Hotels -
The rooms are small, but the prices and locations are awesome. You don't get all the amenities you would in a "normal" hotel, but they're whole thing is "5 star beds, 1 star prices"

I stayed in the Westminster hotel and it was less than a 10-minute walk to Big Ben/South Bank

The bed was amazing, and the showers were great! Not to mention it was within walking distance of most touristy areas and if not, the tube station was across the road!

• Written October 8, 2012

• alectrevor profile photo alectrevor
  • Reviews: 1401

Travelodge Kings Cross Royal Scot: Handy for central London

Travelodge basic quality. Clean and comfortable . 10 minutes walk from Kings cross and Eurostar terminal. Cafe and Bar.

For London this hotel is good value at around £59 for room.

• Written September 13, 2012
Tip Photo

• antistar profile photo antistar
  • Reviews: 2882

Radison Blu Edwardian: Heathrow: Edwardian Charm

It's in a horrible location - only convenient location for air travelers with no shops or restaurants nearby. It's accessible only by road, i.e. taxi. But for all that it's an impressive and pleasant hotel. The lobby is grand, with a great faux-chandelier hanging over everything. It's so impressive that the guests line up to take photographs of themselves there. The rooms are big for London, and comfortable. Without shops and restaurants nearby, it's good to know that the one in the hotel is actually pretty good. Even the bar serves up decent grub.

• Written September 1, 2012