Mandeville Place, London, W1U 2BE, United Kingdom

Hotels.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Costs 79% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• antistar's Profile Photo

Marylebone: Four Star

This hotel came highly recommended, but a lot of bizarre little failings spoiled the experience.

*Free wifi, but really slow and requiring an annoying daily code to be entered.
    *Coffee machine, but no spoon or stirrer to go with the sugar and milk.
    *Tiny television.
    *Cleaning was poor: Replacing coffee cup with another dirty, broken one. Removing wine glasses from the room and never replacing them. Leaving a dirty rag on my bedside table.
    *Bathroom was strange - frosted glass door may as well not have been there at all for all the privacy it gave you. Shower door leaked. Soap was greasy and hard to get off.

Location in Soho is excellent, but you should get more than location for the prices that this hotel charges.

Directions: Bond Street station.

• coccinella169's Profile Photo

Ba´roque and roll design

Mandeville Hotel is very conveniently located, it is an about 5 minutes walk from Oxford street, Bond street underground station and Selfridges, but still in a quiet area. Rooms remind of a shoebox, but this is something you expect in London. Still it has everything you need, including interactive flatscreen Tvs with a choice of movies (you pay for watching them of course) and an in room internet connection. While the internet connection is for free in case you bring your own laptop, they charge about 8 GBP per hour if you want to access the internet via the TV screen with a provided keyboard . The rooms are of a pleasant design and spotlessly clean. On ground floor there is the colourfully designed De Vigne bar and the de Ville restaurant. The prices published on their homepage (from 250 GBP upwards per room per night) are ridicously high, you should get a double room for about 200 EUR if using one of the booking systems (www.hrs.de offered the cheapest rates in my case). As for friendliness of staff I can`t complain- they were friendly and helpful, but not of an *overwhelming* friendliness.

More about Mandeville Hotel

Good Central London Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member po&fab

We stayed at the Mandeville Hotel for 3 nights over a weekend. The room was small but stylish with very comfortable beds. There were no tea/coffee making facilities or mini bar in the room, although there was a working empty fridge. Found the heating noisy but this always seems to be the case in city hotels.
The reception staff were very friendly and helpful. Central location and a 5 minute walk to Bond St tube station. The bar was lovely with a cool decor and excellent cocktails. On the whole very good and we would return.

Love Mandeville !

by TripAdvisor Member Axel007

I went to Mandeville hotel for my 30th birthday in December 2005 expecting a great stay ... it was way beyond that ! The location ... well, 2 minutes walk from Selfridges, Oxford and Bond Street, can you ask for more ? And still very quiet. The staff is the most accomodating, helpful and nicest I have ever met in a hotel. The concierge will call you a cab, open the door, carry your luggage. The decoration is impressive: sharp, cosy. The rooms ... amazing ! Decoration is awesome, bed linnen so soft, carpet so thick you could drown in it (and spotless), English breakfast is a must, served at the very right minute in your room. And most of all, it' so quiet ... I did not hear any noise from the corridor or the other rooms, we thought we were alone in the hotel. The bar is great (try the Russian Spring punch with champagne ...). In fact, I did not want to leave ... and I will sure go back !

Met Expectations-- Reviews are correct

by TripAdvisor Member DC_Traveler

The reviews for the mandeville hotel are correct. We stated in a superior double. The room was not large, but had plenty of space for two people and large suitcases. The bed was extremely comfortable.
The room was very clean. The marble bathroom was perfectly clean. I do agree that the shower door is weird to manipulate, but that shouldn't stop anyone from staying. The location was better than expected. We were a five minute walk from the Bond street tube stop and tons of shopping. There were some great cafes and restaurants 2 minutes away from the hotel. Try CARLUCCIO'S, Wagamama and Christi's.

Great Location

by TripAdvisor Member mgoneill

I have stayed here many times since I discovered it in march. I travel to london twice a month on business and have tried many 'business' hotels.

Good points:

The location is fantastic (3 mins walk from bond st which takes u to canary wharf or the city in 1q5 mins - perect!).

Huge number of bars and restaurants within 100 yds.

Selfridges 100 yds away - my wife loves this place for that reason alone!

The rooms are spotless - lovely modern decor and great bathrooms.

Staff are very friendly and helpful

It is still very reasonably priced - altho success may change that.

High speed internet in rooms works very well.

Bad points:
The tv system is the worst I have ever come across - shocking picture and rubbisg selection of channels - it takes approx 5 secs from pressing channel button to change actually happening which drives u mad!

Room service is rubbish after 2300 and takes an eternity to arrive.

Overall:

the good totally outweighs the bad (altho if ur a tv addict u may didsagree).
Its a great 4 star hotel.

Absolutely spoilt by the Mandeville staff

by TripAdvisor Member sh022

I stayed at the Mandeville with my boyfriend for a shopping trip to London. It is a small but chic hotel right on the doorstep of some of the best shopping in London.

We had reserved a Suite for the length of our stay, and to our surprise, were upgraded to the Penthouse Suite. This was a luxurious room with a fantastic upstairs bathroom, and a secluded rooftop balcony with lovely views of the area.

The nightly ritual bubble baths were thoroughly relaxing and the bed was one of the most comfortable ones I've slept in.

The staff were extremely attentive and helpful with suggestions for restaurants, bars and local shops, paying full attention to every detail, and we were absolutely spoilt rotten.

We will definitely return to the Mandeville for our future visits to London.

Hated the cold shower!

by TripAdvisor Member wayward-lad

I was really impressed by The Mandeville from the time I moved in until heading into the beautifully appointed bathroom for a shower. The hot water was worse than lukewarm, which was really dissapointing as I had paid extra for the Luxury Room with walk in shower (don't know about you but I hate those showers in the bath with a wet curtain that clings to you). They were very apologetic at check out and promised to get the problem solved. I would go back again, great location, lovely room with comfortable bed and bedding. Would have been 5 stars but for...........

A fabulous sanctuary!!

by TripAdvisor Member joellebo

WOW!! What a fabulous find!! Having stayed in so many London hotels (Metropolitan, Sanderson, Myhotel, Lennox) I am now quite fussy.

I trawled through all of the reviews on Trip Advisor and found the Mandeville and after reading how much others loved this place, we decided to give it a whirl. I was slightly apprehensive as it seemed so cheap (£180 for a suite) but it turned out to just be excellent value for money!!

When you enter the hotel from the outside bussle of London you automatically feel safe. The hotel is so welcoming and the interior design is to die for. The staff were great and the hotel suite was just delicious.

We did plan to eat at the hotel but the restaurant was empty (Thursday night) so we opted for 5th Floor at Harvey Nics.

The bar was packed out. Full of business men, students and overseas visitors. It had a wonderfully happy vibe and when we returned to the bar at midnight, it was even busier with happy rather tipsy characters. It had a great atmosphere!

We didn't do breakfast as they only serve until 10 and we overslept so I cannot comment on that.

We will definately return, it is an amazing place, super clean with stunning interiors and a fabulous location.

totally recommended!!!

by TripAdvisor Member h66

its my first time writing a review but feel like i have to because i absolutely love this hotel..want to recommend it to everyone!amazingly friendly staff..makes you feel like a vip!
me n my boyfriend stayed in this hotel for 2 nights.with the tesco promotional offer..we only paid for £240 for a deluxe room with breakfast for two nights..although breakfast was offered but we didnt have it cuz we were too lazy to get up early as the breakfast stops at 10!but the restaurant looks nice from the outside!same as any other hotels...room serivice doesnt come cheap..£5 for a portion of chips!so better do some food shopping if you want to have some snacks at night.

the down sides are, theres no tea or coffee maker and no kettle!and no leisure facilities..but i think this hotel would be perfect for people who are only here for a shopping trip. cuz the hotel is just off the bond street and oxford street, within a few minutes walk to the Bond street tube station and only within one minute walk to the London infamous Selfridge department store.theres a newsagent and some good restaurants nearby!

the pictures i have here is the deluxe room i stayed in.i think the size is reasonable for a hotel in the central london..not big and not too small!the toilet door is a bit weird..it is stylish but its not a proper door n it doesnt meant to be closed properly.so it would be quite embrassing if you are staying the hotel with a friend. i cant complain about the bed its king size and its really comfy..makes you fall asleep as soon as you are lying on it!good for after a long tiring day!and yerr they gives you some free toiletries and mags.i actually quite like the design of this hotel.the room the lounge and the restaurant.quite stylish!i had a sneaky peep at the superior room(the smallest room) while the cleaner is doing the room n they look quite small..not much space.so i wud recommend the deluxe room!!!after all,we did really enjoy our stay!if i want to stay in london and they are doing this offer again..i will definately stay in the mandeville again!

Great value

by TripAdvisor Member kevhenderson

We booked through lastminute.com and got a great rate. The room, which had a superb bathroom, was lovely. The breakfast was probably the best that I have had. The cold buffet was good, but the cooked breakfast was even better. The staff were very friendly and attentive. The only slight negative was that the traffic noise was quite loud, but after a hard day we didn't have any problem in going to sleep.

Comments