Manor Hotel

Manor Hotel
Booking.com Priceline.com Agoda.com

Satisfaction Average

More about London

Wilton's Music Hall, East London, UK.Wilton's Music Hall, East London, UK.

Bikes for hireBikes for hire

bob marleybob marley

"Stairs, they are your friends!""Stairs, they are your friends!"

Online ticketing agency for London or Barcelona

Hi
Does anyone know of a reputable, online ticketing agency for concerts in London or Barcelona.

by doodybee

we use tickemaster for the UK

not sure about barcelona maybe ticketmaster sell for european concerts too

by puerto_lover

SERVICAIXA (a bank in Spain) have been selling entry tickets to the Alhambra in Granada for a couple of years, but they also sell tickets for concerts.

by traveltrish

Excellent. Will give this a go.
Regards

by traveltrish

Excellent. Will give this a go.
Regards

Travel Tips for London

There are great deals to be...

by Anja1216

There are great deals to be had from London Transport. You can buy a 3,5, or 7 day pass on the busses and underground, and they have discounts for families. I also recommend taking the Round London Sightseeing tour, which consists of a double-decker red bus that takes you to all the tourist attractions like Trafalger Square, the tower of London, Big Ben and the houses of Parliament, Westminster Abbey and St Paul's cathedral. If it's a nice day, some busses have open tops on the upper level--grab a seat up there for the best views. And you can get off the bus any time to explore a region you find interesting.

Another great thing to do is take the boat down the Thames River. You can start at the tower and go down to Westminster, or start in Chelsea and go all the way to Hampton Court Palace (that takes some time) You can plan your own trip, just like on the Sightseeing tour. My favourite photo op: Walk across Westminster Bridge to the other side of the Thames River and take a picture of the Houses of Parliament reflecting in the water. I love this view--I try to arrive just as Big Ben is striking on the hour to complete the ambience.

Tower of London

by Gwynneth

Visiting the Tower of London... here you can see the Yeoman Warders on parade at the installaiton of a Constable... this was more like the 'England' I expected to see. I did manage to see the Queen on the way to the opening of Parliament. Thousands and thousands of locals and tourists lined the streets with well marshalled roadsides and barricades that prevented anyone from getting in front of a horseman or carriage.

My trip to England was complete... the Queen even turned and waved to me... well... that's how I remember it any way!

Steatham Doll's house

by Elodie_Caroline

Ever since I was at my first school at nearly the age of 5, I had always wanted a Dolls house. I've always loved very small and intricate things. I was well into my late 30's, but had been looking into places that sold Dolls houses. I had been to places in Chertsey and Windsor etc, but then I found an address for a place in Streatham.

So, me, Chris, my sister Mel and my brother Derek all packed into our car and drove all the way to Streatham to find this 'warehouse'.
Hah! when we found it, what a disappointment! the place where customers could go was no bigger than someones small sitting room! Anyway, we had a bit of a look around, and I did buy a flat packed dolls house, it cost me £80.00. But once it was back home with us, Chris soon had it all built up and painted pink (of course!) for me.

I have lots of little bits of furniture and ornaments etc for it, but alas, it's stuck in the loft at the minute as there is nowhere to put it in our home really :(

Whilst in Steatham,we decided to go and have dinner down one of the main streets, sorry, I didn't notice the name, restaurant names aren't important to me.

Four of us had egg, sausage, chips and a cup of tea, and it only came to £7.00 for the lot!!! that's amazing, anywhere else would have cost more like £20.00 or more, even in 1999.

Lord Mayor's Show

by nhcram

The Lords Mayor’s show takes part every year on the second Sunday in November. It is a fantastic well-organised parade with all the pomp and ceremony that Britain is famous for.
It is a celebration to welcome the new Lord Mayor into office and this year there were tanks and trumpets, hundreds of horses, Rolls-Royces and a collection of vintage cars.
It is the largest unrehearsed procession in the world and has an 800 year tradition. The procession this year was over 3 miles long.

More Differences Across The Pond {Chapter 10}

by Elena_007

suspenders: What Americans refer to as garter belts, that women use to hold up their thigh high stockings. In the UK, the strips of material used to hold up trousers (known in the US as suspenders) are called braces.

suss: (1) to figure something or someone out would be known as sussed. One might say, "I almost got away with it, but he / she sussed.

suss: (2) Sometimes used in the UK in reference to a dodgy bloke or bird, probably an abbreviation of a suspicious character.

sweet: candy or desserts are known as pudding or just sweets in the UK.

swot: In the UK, someone who studies hard academically. Swotting up would be the same as cramming for exams in America.

tetchy: easily irritated, touchy.

telly: television. Brits watch the telly, and American watch T.V.

tartan:plaid

take-away : food retailers in US are called take-outs, or drive- throughs.

tick: a check mark in the US. Often used on the Internet, you would tick or check the appropriate box(es) for instance.

tights: UK meaning pantyhose, but in America tights are much denser and different colors (colours), mainly worn in winter months, mostly by little girls. American women do wear pantyhose, we just don't call them tights.

till: cash register

Tippex: white corrective fliud, known as Liquid paper (both are popular brand names)

titchy: tiny. For example, portions at posh restaurants can be absolutely titchy, but still cost a fortune.

toilet: the entire room itself, not just the device you flush, as in America, the toilet is in the restroom.

toodle-pip: an old fashioned expression meaning "Goodbye", similar to "Toodle loo" in America.

torch: flashlight

trainers: training shoes, running shoes, tennis shoes or sneakers

tram: known a streetcar or trolley in America, similar to a bus that runs on a track with cables, and sometimes referred to as cable cars.

Additional Note: In Webster's dictionary, it is called a "chiefly British" streetcar.

Comments