Marriott London Heathrow

Marriott.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Nicckie's Profile Photo

So close to the Airport!

We needed to stay one night in London as a stopover on our way to Africa. This hotel was modern, clean, comfortable and an excellent choice if you're looking for someplace to rest for just a few hours before heading back to the airport. Some warnings, however:

1) There is a bus system that shuttles guests from the Heathrow airport to local hotels in the areas surrounding the airport. While for a single traveler, the option would cost about 1/3 of a taxi, do be prepared for a tour of the environs of the airport. We were traveling in a group and hindsight should have gotten taxis to our hotel, which would have taken 10 minutes or so and cost the same price as the bus if 3 or 4 of us shared the ride. Instead, we waited patiently for the bus (many other bus numbers continued to pass us) until about 20 minutes later our number pulled up. Then we didn't have exact change - we just got out of an airport and exchanged currency - how could we possibly have small bills and coins at that point? But alas, we figured it out and were settled for our quick ride to the hotel. Of course, since this is a shuttle, it makes multiple stops in the area, so we went to the first hotel, the second and so on. I think we were the 5th stop and we'd been in the shuttle for 15-20 now, definitely ready to check-in to the hotel and freshen up after a 10+ hour flight. We finally pull into the driveway at our hotel, look across the parking lot and there's the airport staring right at us!! Almost an hour of madness and we were practically yards away from our hotel. Humorous now, but not so much at that time. So if that wasn't clear, spend a couple extra pounds and TAKE A TAXI here - unless you want to drive in circles for almost an hour!

2) After we finally did arrive at the hotel, we thought it would be nice to get a little local culture and grab a bite to eat at a pub. This is not a pretty walking town, so our options were one local bar down the road and an Italian restaurant in a strip mall. We stopped by both venues and they satisfied the craving to stretch our feet a bit after the long flight, but there's not much to see here and it doesn't feel like the downtown of London city center with excitement and hustle and bustle.

So, long story short - great if you need a place near the airport...no more, no less!

• DunaKal's Profile Photo

Marriott LHR

Had a transit in London for 15 hours,so it was not worth going to city center,so I decided to check in this hotel,VERY clean,quiet and very comfortable.

• stappm's Profile Photo

Near Airport

Near the Airport and they had wonderful beds! Beautiful Down Comforters in clean cotton Duvets and Down Pillows - yummy. I can honestly say it was Better then Westin's Heavenly Bed! The location is great for an overnight layover at Heathrow, but not real close nor convienent for play in the city of London - lots of Airline Crew stay here. Nice Gym/Fitness Center too. And everything one would expect from the Marriott. Large rooms and bathrooms (by Americana standards). Nice dining, nice bars, nice lobby. And a difficult location...lol.

Unique Quality: Comp - In room Coffee, tea, cocoa and newspaper. Ironing board and iron. Mini Bar.

Directions: Hayes, Middlesex UB3 5AN United Kingdom

• Waoife's Profile Photo

Not cheap but recommended if you have the cash

Close to the airport (although it's pretty well soundproofed so you don't hear the planes).

Large comfortable rooms (although they are a little dark - another light or two would be welcome!).

The food is pretty good - even the room service is nice with prompt friendly service

Directions: Take the Hotel Hoppa from outside Terminal 3 (a one way trip is £3 per person)

More about Marriott London Heathrow

Cheap through Priceline but OUTRAGEOUS phone rates!

by TripAdvisor Member Brian_Killgore

I booked this hotel for $75 a night on Priceline (about $99 with taxes) a couple weeks before my trip. This rate was excellent! I made a local phone call, though, and they charged 1 pound per minute -- 12 pounds for a 12-minute local call -- OUTRAGEOUS! When I complained, they refunded half the amount, but were clearly used to hearing this complaint and would not back down on the price. If you stay at London Marriott Heathrow, got find a pay phone if you need to make a call, and don't pay a penny more than you have to -- book through Priceline.

Great Hotel

We stayed overnight at this hotel mid-July, 2005 and it was a wonderful place to relax while travelling. The hotel is very modern and the rooms are charming and homey. The bathrooms are very nice, and the hotel was very quiet even though it was near the airport. The breakfast buffet was excellent. We took the shuttle back to the airport which was fast and inexpensive. We would definitely stay here again.

Good hotel - typical Marriott quality

by TripAdvisor Member pvg

I rated this hotel excellent purely from my limited experience there; unfortunately I did not have a chance to check out the food or facilities though.

My mom and I stayed there for one night after completing a 10-day British Isles cruise. We arrived very early, around 9:30 am, but were able to check in within 20 minutes. The room was on the 4th floor, facing an inner rooftop. It was extremely quiet; I don't recall hearing any airport or road traffic at all.

The room was equipped with standard amenities: two double beds, tv, hairdryer, coffee maker, minibar, broadband access, shampoo, etc. After spending the previous two weeks on poor quality beds, I was never so glad to see a Marriott bed, with its white striped duvet and pillows! The bathroom was clean and equipped with everything we needed. Shower pressure, temperature and controls were excellent. In addition to coffee and tea, hot chocolate was also provided. The hairdryer did a good job, although it was attached to a cabinet drawer and the On button had to be held all the time. Also there was no in-room safe and TV channels have limited offerings.

Broadband access is hideously expensive - around $30 USD a day, compared to about $10 stateside. Everything is expensive over there. The room service menu had a burger listed for over 11 GBP or $22 USD. I made a quick call to the airlines which ran about 3 GBP (99p per min).

There is a free shuttle to the airport that you can pick up across the street. It drops you off directly outside the tube entrance, so you can take the Piccadilly line into central London. Very easy getting there, 3.80 GBP pp one way. Coming back was a little more confusing, as the same bus does not pick up passengers there. We had to go outside of Terminal 2 and catch the Hotel Hoppa bus which is not free (3 GBP pp). The buses go to different hotels, but there are no clear signs at the stops showing which bus goes to which hotel. Fortunately they come fairly frequently and the hotels are listed on the front of each bus.

We caught the Hoppa back in the morning with very little wait time outside the hotel. The driver was quite pleasant and helped with our luggage both on and off the bus. It's too bad the system isn't free; we expected to be able to catch a complimentary shuttle between the airport, as they are common with airport hotels in the US.

I would definitely recommend this hotel and stay there again, if I need a place close to the airport.

Good for a night

by TripAdvisor Member trvl2

Very comfortable hotel for a night's stay. Comfortable beds. Quiet. We are sensitive to cigarette smoke and didn't notice any problem with smoke (as another reviewer mentioned). Front desk and bellman were very friendly. Would stay here again in a second. Italian restaurant was very good, although pricey. We enjoyed a quick dip in the small pool. We chose this hotel as it had 2 double beds and could easily accommodate 4 people. [Room service breakfast arrived incomplete - missing items were quickly brought. We had a playpen in our room when we arrived and had to ask several times that it be removed. The rollaway bed frame was filthy (vomit?) and the rollaway mattress uncomfortable, so suggest you not bother asking for a rollaway.]

Best heathrow hotel on the strip

I've been staying on business at hotels in the Heathrow area for the last few months and having stayed at quite a few of them - the marriott is definitely the best. The service is spot on, rooms are very comfortable, choice of 4 different restaurant menus, good sized gym etc etc
There is also a personal touch at the marriott that makes me go back week after week...I highly recommend the marriott.

LOVELY BUT!!!!!! DRINKS AND FOOD FAR TOO EXPENSIVE

by TripAdvisor Member SEXYSHOES

My husband and I stayed here on our way back from Jamaica on the 15th October 2005.
The hotel is lovely and the rooms were fantastic but the prices they charge for the mini bar, dining and drinks in the restaraunts are way over the top and take the shine off this hotel.
After reading a previous post (thanks for the tip!) we headed out the hotel, turned right through the car park, once out the car park walked straight along that road to the end and found a beautiful pub called the Pheasant which served fantastic food (huge plates) don't order a starter!!! at more resonable prices. It had a nice cosy atmosphere as well.

Our meal consisted of 2 starters and 2 main meals which cost my husband and I £20 for the lot - a glass of wine and a bottle of beer cost us £4.50 - we then went back to the hotel where we bought another glass of wine and a bottle of beer £8.50 this time and I'm afraid £17.95 for a plate of spag bols is a bit pricey (noted on their menu)we took these to our rooms only to find we would have been cheaper having the same drink from the mini bar!!!

We got a great deal on the room but I'm afraid the prices they charge more than make up for that. I would stay again in this hotel no problem but I'd certainly be more inclined to venture back to the Pheasant.

It's also approximately £9.00 from the airport in a taxi to the hotel.

Transportation to Heathrow area hotels

by elcbw

I am traveling to London tomorrow and I will be staying at the Marriott London Heathrow on Bath Road. According to my research, I can either take the Hoppa Bus to the hotel or take the local buses from the central bus station. Apparently, Heathrow does not allow hotels to provide free shuttle services for their customers. My questions are as follows:

(1) If I take the H3 Hoppa bus, it will be 3GBP per adult Do I have to pay for it or it is charged to the hotel?

(2) If I take one of the local buses, my research indicates it is free as long as I get off on any part of the perimeter road such as Bath Road. How do I get to the central bus station from Terminal 3. Is it a very long distance to walk there?

(3) There is also the H30 bus which is also free. If I take the H30 from the central bus station, does the bus stop very close to the Marriott or it will still be quite a distance to walk?

(4) Am I better off taking the 283 local bus which also stops at Terminal 3. From there I can get to Bath Road so I don’t even have to walk to the Central Bus Station. Do I have to pay if I get off on Bath Road?

I would appreciate any VT members with this experience help me with an answer. Thanks in advance for helping.

Re: Transportation to Heathrow area hotels

by chrishc

You have to pay on the Hoppa. It would not be very practical to walk from the perimeter road to Bath road, very busy roads and fences.

It might be worth asking a taxi how much it would be if there is more than one of you.

You have done your research well and seem to know more than I on the subject.

Have a good trip.

Re: Re: Transportation to Heathrow area hotels

by elcbw

Hi Chris:

Thanks for the tip on Heathrow transportation.

Unfortunately, I left before I had a chance to see your e-mail. Anyway, I learned from my final research before I left that all city buses leaving from the Central Bus Station at Heathrow will provide free pick up and drop off at any of the bus stops on the perimeter roads of the airport. Bath road is one of them. I stayed for a total of five nights at the Heathrow Marriott and I got used to the bus rides there very well. Taking the tube to the city however is a bit long (1 hour). Anyway, if it was not because of business, I will stay somewhere esle closer to the city. Thanks for your help.

Regards,