3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

140 Park Lane, London, England W1K

Hotels.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Rated 12% higher but also costs 394% more than other 3.5 star hotels

• glamourprincess's Profile Photo

Excellent location and great service

We stayed at the Marriott London Park Lane for three nights during our last trip to London.
    We booked through hotels.com and got a very good price - the price tripled during the months before our vacation!
    My expectations were quite high considering the price, reviews and the reputation of the five star hotel. We were greeted as soon as we arrived and the staff are extremly polite and helpful - I almost find it a bit uncomfortable (maybe because I'm not used to it) I was happy that we got to check in even though it was early noon. Our room was quite large - at least by English standards - huge soft bed with lots of pillows, flatscreen tv, minibar, bathroom with bathtub and bathrobes (I managed to spill something on mine the very first day and they never gave me a new one - just removed the old one) The maids were in our room at least twice a day - making the bed, putting a piece of chocolate on our pillows.. but it was never any trouble - we hardly ever saw them.
    It's definitely a nice hotel but I wasn't blown away.. I guess I was expecting even more. The service definitely stood out, but that's not of importance to me. Facilities and the general standard of the hotel are more important. I would definitely stay here again if we got a good price, but I would not pay the regular price.

Unique Quality: I have to say the location was superb! Situated at Marble Arch you're close to Oxford Street, Hyde Park, Regent Park.. I loved it!

More about Marriott London Park Lane

Fantastic staff at the Marriott Park Lane

by TripAdvisor Member alcw

The staff was incredibly wonderful, friendly and easy to ask questions and give advice. We had two joining rooms that were just huge and well maintained. We loved the in room tea service, bathtubs, the huge English Breakfast buffet (especially the waffles and sausages). The pool was perfect and came in handy as a great break for the kids. Kudos to the concierge staff who went above and beyond with honest advice. Hats off to Mr. Johnson for his help in keeping the electronic games charged up! If you want a hotel with great access to the Tube (only 100 yards away), shopping (Selfridges only 1/4 mile away) plus the quiet of a walk through Hyde Park, this is the place for you!

Loved the Marriott London Park Lane

by TripAdvisor Member ranlynmas

Our family just returned to the US from London. We had 2 connecting rooms at the hotel and thought everything was just perfect. The service was exceptional starting with check-in which was efficient and friendly. The rooms were top notch and very large - huge for European standards. The bathrooms were spotless as were the rooms. Bathrooms were modern with lots of marble. The concierge staff was terrific - Gavin, Kieran, Philip and David were all very knowledgeable and sensitive to our requests, such as expense. Always gave at least 2 options for everything. Definitely a great hotel in a great location. Wouldn't stay anywhere else!

London, city of Culture and History

by seamandrew

My favorite thing about London was how the city was a great mix of modern art, architecture, music and fasion with historic castles, bridges, landmarks and so much more. Most other European cities I have visited tend to keep the majority of their historic cities, historic looking. What I mean is that you rarely see modern skyscrapers admist historic castles (Tower of London). I really liked the experience of seeing both at the same time. My Fondest Memory of London was arriving at my hotel (Marriott Park Lane) and finding out that it was still under contsruction after I had called two days prior to confirm my reservations. I had been told everything was good to go. I was quite upset but the London Marriott Hotel Grovesnor Square did everything possible to make us feel great. They made our trip the great trip it was!

Fantastic Find In London

by TripAdvisor Member janices7

My husband and I stayed for a week at the Marriott Park Lane while we toured London. We were pleasantly surprised by our choice. The staff was extremely friendly and went out of their way to be helpful. It was refreshing to stay at an upscale hotel and have the staff be fun and friendly instead of the normal snobbish types that tend to be employed at this sort of hotel.

The room was somewhat small, but clean, quiet and cozy. The location was great with easy access to the tube, double-decker bus stop right across the street and within walking distance to Hyde Park (across the street). There were also some great little restaurants/delis within walking distance of the hotel. Just ask the concierge and I'm sure that they'll be more than happy to point you in the right direction.

The only thing that was slightly disappointing was the quality of the bed in our room - it wasn't really comfortable and the pillows were just average. I would have expected a bit more from an upscale hotel. However, we would definitely stay here again!

Absolutely Brilliant! - Beautiful Property and Wonderful Staff

by TripAdvisor Member Sarasota34235

My mother and I were fortunate to choose to stay at the Marriott Park Lane for five nights in early May. Having stayed at many luxury properties, I found this hotel competitive in all respects.

As my mother is older and we weren't sure about her energy level for the trip, we wisely upgraded to a room with Executive Lounge Privileges at the suggestion of Matthew Kent, the Guest Services Manager. Although located on the same floor as the lobby, the Executive Lounge was a wonderful spot to relax during the day and the complimentary daily food presentations were tremendous.

Although all of the two bedded rooms in the hotel have twin (rather than double or queen) beds, we found our room very spacious - extremely luxurious with a very large bathroom with separate shower and a very long six foot soaking tub.

We had American Mother's Day Brunch in the Hotel Restaurant and were very impressed with the quality and presentation of the food. The pool downstairs is truly magnificent - comparable to that at the Ritz Hotel in Paris.

I have to add a special mention to Gavin and all of the Concierge and Door Staff. They took great care of us and the doormen made sure my mother always made it safely into and out of the taxis.

This hotel is very special - I found it to be similar to a luxury boutique property because of the smaller scale as well as the personal attention of the staff.

Please contact me with any questions.

one of the best

Stayed here during few days last December, the room was beautiful and modern the service was outstanding, excellent breakfast and bar.
Highly recommended worth any penny you pay comparing to other hotels that maybe charge you for less but offer very poor quality and service.

Superb Birthday Stay

by TripAdvisor Member njsb

I booked this hotel for a Birthday stay for my wife, we requested an early check-in. We arrived at 12 noon for checking expecting not to be able to access a room and have our bags put in left luggage, but to our surprise we were given an upgrade (it might have helped being a member of the Marriott rewards program).
The receptionist was very professional and personally took us to our room. We had been upgraded to a suite, which was out of this world.
From the Suite entrance hall a door led of to a huge living room overlooking Marble Arch, another door from the entrance hall led to Large Bedroom with view of Marble Arch and on to Hyde Park.
Two bathrooms, one off the entrance hall by the Living Room and the other part of the Bedroom Area.
Bathroom attached to Bedroom was very large, with seperate Bath and shower.
The Bed was the most comfortable we have had in a hotel, the rooms were very well sound proofed from the city traffic and the blackout curtains made for a peaceful nights sleep.

We had dinner in the hotel's 140 restaurant, food was excellent and good value using the UK toptable website restaurant booking service.

We swam in the superb hotel swimming pool (the pictures on the marriott hotel's website are accurate), before a great breakfast.

The only minor cautions are that the room rate did not include 17.5% VAT (tax), but knew this before we stayed.

I had pre-ordered chocolate covered strawberries for my wife, but weren't in the room due to the upgrade, assured that the would be there later, had to chase and when they arrived delivered with a surprise complimentary birthday cake.

Highly recommend this hotel for all types of stays, family city break or romantic weekend away.

Great hotel, shame about staff

by TripAdvisor Member olipom

The hotel was lovely, very new, very plush surroundings, bedrooms massive for any UK hotel, let alone London! The whole ambience was really special. However, the front of house staff really let the hotel down. Concierge and reception were surly bordering on rude, and very unhelpful. Receptionist upon checking out, however, was very friendly, and one of the cleaners in the corridors was smiley and cheerful. However, the first people you see are reception/concierge, and they created a negative first impression.

Maida Vale

by Musquy

I have a meeting in Maida Vale next month, near the BBC studios (Delaware Street?) Can anybody please advise me of reasonably priced accommodation within walking distance?
By "reasonably priced" I mean what may be termed "budget", although not necessarily "dirt-cheap"! Since it's over ten years since I last stayed in London, I'd also appreciate some idea of what I might expect to pay for a single room, midweek.
I'll either be arriving at Euston Station or Victoria Coach Station (Buckingham Palace Road?) - haven't decided yet. I don't like using the Tube ( - nothing to do with recent events; I just find it claustrophobic and depressing), preferring buses or walking. Maida Vale looks, from my A-Z, to be just within walking distance of Euston (can anybody confirm this? I do tend to walk everywhere; a couple of hours walk is "walking distance" to me), but advice re bus routes (or probable taxi fares) from my two potential arrival points to Maida Vale would be welcome.
Thanks.

RE: Maida Vale

by film

There is a Marriot in Maida Vale which should be in walking distance. About £89 if you book in advance. Budget hotels are usually around the £50-£70 mark, but this one will be walking distance.

Victoria to Maida Vale is easy enough to visualise. Head for Hyde Park Corner, go north up Park Lane alongside Hyde Park then follow the Edgeware Rd, this long straight road passes through Maida Vale.

The travel planner on the tfl site suggests the 30mins by the number 16 bus or an hours fast walk. It is probably worth understanding the London buses, they are much the cheapest form of public transport (£3 a day). The tfl site is very good and has a lot of bus maps.

Comments