Marriott London Regents Park

Booking.com Agoda.com Travelocity

Costs 27% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• wb_dd's Profile Photo

Great Hotel

The rooms are comfortable, clean and big. The staff is helpful. Room service is a bit slow and a bit expensive for the quality.

Unique Quality: The hotel is located just off Reagent's park. It has a Tube stop at a 3 minutes walking distance. The Across the street from the Tube stop there's a small groceries store which is also helpful.

If you walk behind the hotel for a few minutes you'll find a beautiful neighberhood called Primrose Hill. Try not to miss that.

More about Marriott London Regents Park

Fantastic for Families

by TripAdvisor Member Gooners1962

We have just returned from a long weekend at the London Marriott Hotel Regents Park. The hotel is great as they have a great swimming pool which our children were allowed to use (unlike some stuffy London hotels), they also gave our children goody bags on arrival and were extremely friendly throughout our stay. We have never experienced such incredible service before. It was so lovely that it was hard to drag ourselves away from the hotel, when we went out we couldn't wait to get back to the peace and tranquility of the hotel.
The restaurant is great and the chef came out and spoke with us about our food choices and really identified our children as themselves, not talking down to them or speaking to us about their choices.
The hotel is extremely convenient for central London and also as I drove down on the M1, has very easy access for my car with a reasonably priced huge secure car park on site.
Overall I would say this is probably the best hotel we have ever stayed in in London and I consider myself extremely fussy!

As executive as a bus shelter

by TripAdvisor Member nunx

Stayed here in a Executive room. Lovely king size bed which fills the room. Rooms are too small for the price you pay. No information on what an executive room gives you, ie access to the Executive Lounge, where you also have to pay for Alcoholic drinks. I stayed in a smoking room which smelt like someone had smoked a hundred cigarettes in there, 10 minutes prior my arrival! The location for me is good, access to the tube 5 minute walk, & the staff are always friendly. I always stay here when in London, but just beware that this is not what a Marriott Hotel should be about.

nice hotel

by TripAdvisor Member greg2847

We stayed there from July 29-1 August. No problems, but the rooms on one side of the hotel were so noisy we had to move to the quiet side of the hotel. No problems walking to and from Swiss Cottage station, took about 5 mins. You can't beat using the underground to the city. We even used it to get our luggage to Heathrow airport.

Too many trainees in hotel

by TripAdvisor Member highend

Why I stayed in this marriott regent park was because my client booked me into this hotel, which I did read some reviews on tripadvisor and I was a bit worrying. It turned out to be unsatisfying as well.
Good point of this hotel: Ice making machine on the corridor (which in this soso hot weather, you need ice all the time) Also, use ice to store your food if you stay longer time (Mini fridge is forbidden to use because once you take out any bottle, they charge you automatically). Very comfortable bed, clean bathroom and enough spaces for storage. Cold air-conditioning 24 hrs, free cookies and kettle, iron & iron broad in room.
Bad point: Beware the air-conditioning will scare you at night, when it suddently made a loud noise. Too many trainees in the hotel, who don't know much and need to ask their superviser all the time. No porter to carry you lugguges unless you ask them to. Location is too far from central, surrounding area has nothing, only M&S within 8 mins walk. When you check out beware of lots of problem, I stand there over half an hour to explain the bill.
The cost is not cheap, 130pounds for double room, so I moved to John Howard hotel for my next 3 days, a bargain and near the central.

A nice surprise

by TripAdvisor Member Joana_pt

We booked this hotel for a three night stay in London, one week in advance. In the Marriott website we were offered a weekend special package that made our stay a real bargain comparing with other 4-star London hotels. When I later read the reviews posted in TripAdvisor I became a bit worried but fortunately my stay was fairly good.
The bed was really comfortable and the room was spacious and well equipped. Besides, I didn't find the neighbourhood dangerous despite one comment I had read in a review.
The only problem was the distance to the city centre, but by Jubilee line or by bus nr. 13 it won't take you that long!
All in all, comparing with my previous experience in London, I consider that we got good value for our money.

A generally good hotel, but check your bill

by TripAdvisor Member David92263

When Priceline offered Regents Park, I was expecting something on the Euston Road. I had forgotten the Marriott - which is really in Swiss Cottage. The check-in and room both excellent.
The tube at Swiss C is only a few minutes walk and only three stops to Bond Street. It's actually a great location.
However, internet acess at GBP15 for 24 hours starting at mid-day and finishing at midday the following day is not a good deal for most business guests arriving late afternoon, esp since I am now accustomed to getting free WiFi in most mainland European hotels.
They also tried to stick me with a bill for GBP60 which they claimed was for a "10 minute 'telephone call"
Like most guys I now carry a cellphone (two in fact) and a computer with Skype and I only touched their phone to set the wake-up call. Admittedly they removed the charge without further debate and it may have been a genuine mistake but at 6am departure how many guests get stiffed for this kind of thing.
The check out clerk merely commented that "this is the cost of hotel phone calls" Well it should not be - not at a Marriott, not anywhere in this day and age. Even if it were genuine it would be a horrendous charge per minute and it leaves a nasty taste from an otherwise great hotel?

Wonderful Hotel. Heavelnly Bed. Highly Recommend

by TripAdvisor Member cindywuer

Got an AMAZING deal on this hotel on priceline UK. Paid 47 pounds (plus taxes) per night for 3 nights. I was a little leery from reading the reviews and my husband is very picky about hotels preferring to say in only very nice hotels. I have been to London twice before, and I knew from experience many of their hotels are far below US standards, and you almost never get more than a double bed. Must to my delight we had 3 rooms and got our request on each and every room. No mention of priceline either. One had a king bed, the other 2 had 2 queen beds. The beds were heavenly! The room spacious and immaculate. The bathroom fair sized and the shower wonderful. This hotel is a solid 3 star even by US standards, and we have stayed in many fine 4 star and resort quality hotels in US as well as abroad. It is an easy 5 minute walk to tube stop, and there are many good eating place, as well as chemist, grocery, etc. within 5-10 minute walk. We got a wonderful full English breakfast for 5 pounds (compared to 16 pounds in hotel) close to hotel. Also had good Chinese and Thai food for less than 10 pounds per person. Marks and Spencer, McDonalds, KFC, also very close. The area is NOT bad or seedy in the least. We felt very safe walking around there by day or night. The staff was very friendly (with the exception for a very rude car valet who was French) the lobby attractive, the concierge very helpful. The food and mini bar is astronomical though so we didn't eat there at all. I did not use the pool; however my son used the sauna, and steam room. Yes, it is a little farther out from city center. But for 15 minutes more in travel time you are rewarded with plush accommodations, and getting back to that heavenly bed about a full day on your feet made it all worthwhile. The money we saved by eating at the restaurants close by as opposed to the more expensive ones in city center was also a big savings for us as we had 3 teenagers along. Unless you are extremely hard to please you will not be disappointed in this hotel. Even my hotel snob husband who travels on business and always stays at 3 or 4 star American hotels was impressed. We had no bogus charges on any of our 3 rooms at check out, as another posted had. Hotel also had aromatherapy toilet items, hair dryer, iron and board, slacks presser, in room and automatic shoe shine in hall. Will be happy to answer any question you may have, feel free to email me.

Great Family Friendly Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member SusanBell

We are a family with two boys aged 12 and 9 and booked this hotel for three nights in the 2006 October half term break.

We thought the hotel was fantastic, one of the best we have stayed in. The reception was friendly, with goody bags (loads of sweeties) for the children. Our room was very well decorated and furnished, and was spotlessly clean. It was also a good size and there was plenty of space even though we had two enormous beds (brand new beds and bedding).

The hotel seems to be very family friendly, no real restrictions to pool access and all the staff we came across were very friendly. The concierge was extremely knowledgable and helpful.

Swiss Cottage tube station is around 5 minutes walk (easy access to Oxford Street, Baker Street and the Thames, just a few stops away) and there are also lots of small shops, plus M&S food, Woolworths, Argos, Habitat and supermarket about 10 minutes walk away.

We loved our visit to London and our stay at this hotel!

It was OK.

by TripAdvisor Member 1tiredpuppy

This was a girls week in London and the 3 of us had a great time. The hotel is very close to the Swiss Cottage Tube station and the train station. We took the Heathrow Express and then got a cab to the hotel. The cab was around 14 PBS and took less then 10 min. We had the best cab drivers coming and going. I requested an early check in and only had to wait an hour in the lobby. Since we arrived around 10 am and check in isn't until 2 or 3 pm, we had no problem waiting. Customer service is not the strong point of this hotel. You won't get a big smile or "welcome" when you hit the front door. We had 6 pieces of luggage and no one ever came out to help us bring them in from the cab. Our room was very nice. We had 2 double beds and a rollaway. The bathroom is a little small and the hairdryer is in the desk drawer, which is a huge pain to use while others are trying to sleep or watch TV. I must admit that I am a long time Marriott rewards member, so I ,as well as my 2 roommates, received free access to the executive lounge. I don't know what it costs to gain access to this lounge, but it has to be worth every penny. We had a wonderful breakfast everyday and then heavy appetizers in the evening. This was more then a meal for us. We also enjoyed the unlimited teas, coffees and drinks that were available 24/7. I had read other reviews about having troubles with being charged incorrectly upon check out, so the night before I went to the front desk to just check on my bill and to find out how to get a cab. I'm so glad I did. My room was charged over 200 BPS for someone's dinner and drinking in the pub. At no time did any of my party purchase anything in the hotel. The staff pulled the bill and it was not my signature on the bill. The removed the charges and appolgized. When I checked out the next day, there were more charges on my bill. The receipt was once again pulled and my signature was not on the bill. This time they were less then willing to remove the charges, but did so in the end. I questioned the front desk staff and asked them if they just allow anyone to sign and put a room # down. I was told "no" that you must show your key slip with your signature on it. This is obviously not happening. Watch your bill!

Comments