Marriott Marble Arch London

Booking.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

Costs 79% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• tucsontraveller's Profile Photo

Marble Arch Marriott

We spent a week in this Hotel. chosen for its location, and the fact we could use my Marriott points.

Unique Quality: The Hotel is a few blocks walking distance between the rail and underground stations we needed to use, not close, but walking distance.

• DunaKal's Profile Photo

Edgeware Road with-in walking distance

Few years ago Saudi Arabian Airline crew used to spend layovers here,the hotel is cozy, comfortable and clean.

Unique Quality: Just off Edgeware Road,very close to Oxford street,Marble Arch,Hyde park and most of the west end areas.

More about Marriott Marble Arch London

Marriott Marble Arch only okay

by TripAdvisor Member summercruiser

We stayed at the hotel using Marriott points and it was the only Marriott in London accepting points. The hotel is close to bus and subway and one can walk to Hyde Park and shopping. The main street near it is noisy and busy, but a couple blocks away, one feels one is in a cute London neighborhood.

Concierge was very helpful. If you can get breakfast included in your room, then do so, otherwise, go elsewhere for breakfast as it's very expensive in the hotel. Additionally, hotel charges about $25 for 24 hours of high speed internet (go to Starbucks a couple blocks away). Also, there is a per minute charge for phone calls of about $1.75 per minute,even for local calls. There are pay phones about a block away. I've never been in a hotel with a per minute charge.

Rooms were okay, although not much drawer space. Beds did not have a top sheet, but had a light comforter which meant if it was at all hot, that was too hot.

Fantastic Hotel, Good Location

by TripAdvisor Member markead

We stayed in the London Marriott Marble Arch for 3 nights and rated this hotel very highly. It was only a 5 min walk to the marble arch underground station/oxford street so was very conveneient.

The staff at the Hotel were very curtious, friendly and helpful. The Restaurant was adequate and the Pool was a big help for the kids (5 and 7).

The room was a nice size on the 9th floor with 2 x double beds. The only down point was the fact we had to upgrade to the Executive Floor in order to guarantee a Non-Smoking room. The Plus side of this was that it meant full access to the Executive Lounge for free (non-alcoholic) drinks and snacks and also had breakfast in there.

Typical Marriott

by TripAdvisor Member Boy_Scout

The London Marriott Marble Arch is a typical (in a good sense) Marriott. When I made my reservation on-line I wasn't guaranteed a non-smoking double. A follow-up e-mail to the guest relations manager at the hotel secured the room that I wanted.

The only complaint was with the size of the bathroom. It's very small, and the tub is unusually narrow.

The hotel is located a couple of blocks north of the Marble Arch on George Street, just off of Edgware Road. There's a bus stop for the #15 bus about a block away from the hotel on Edgware Road that will take you through Oxford Circus, Picadilly Circus, Trafalgar Square and onto the Tower of London. It's a good economical way to get back and forth to the sights. On a nice day, Buckingham Palace is a very pleasant 20 - 25 minute walk away from the hotel and past Hyde Park.

This hotel has a lot of staff. There were several concierges and they were very helpful in securing transportation, theater tickets and restaurant recommendations/reservations.

We ate a light meal in the bar. The food was Marriott quality (good) with an English twist although the prices were a little high, even by London standards. The main restaurant had a typical hotel menu, but also had a number of middle eastern dishes.

The Internet access was pricy - 15 pounds, about $30.

Nice hotel, good location too!

by TripAdvisor Member karljhamilton

This is my third time at this hotel in the past 6 months and I have been pleased on each occasion. The hotel is located near Marble Arch, Oxford Street, Hyde Park and several tube stations are within easy reach (Marble Arch & Edgeware Road). The area is fine and I've always felt safe walking to / from the hotel.
My most recent stay was for 2 nights. The girl who checked me in (a trainee) was very friendly and made me feel welcome. My room was nice, with two double beds, and was very spacious. A nice touch were the chocolates on the pillow. Complimentary water would have been nice - given it's 4* rating, but overall I had a lovely stay and would definately reccommend the Marriott Marble Arch.

Not bad but there are better options

I am writing this from the Marriott Marble Arch. I have a first floor room with a horrible view of a 12 story apartment complex. The room itself is typical for London - small but clean. As one previous reviewer wrote, the bed has no topsheet only a light comforter - strange but not a huge problem. The lobby is nice as is the one restaurant. Both are small. Everything about the hotel is small - lobby, restaurant, gym, pool. This a decent hotel for a short business trip. Not one to take the family.

I would agree with the majority that the Arab business neighborhood is safe but I would add that it is not very attractive. I have no interest in eating at one of the restaurants - not that adventurous I guess. The nearest tube stop is Marble Arch which is just a few blocks away - a nice walk unless you have a lot of bags. The Marble Arch tube stop also happens to be directly next to the Marriott Park Lane. If the price is right, I would definitly stay at the Park Lane next time.

One final note - I took the Heathrow Express to Padding station and then a taxi from there. That's the way to go. The Heathrow Express is great! But the taxi driver brought me to the Marriott Park Lane by mistake. The Concerierge at the Park Lane helped me get another taxi and said that the taxi drivers make that mistake all the time. Be sure to tell the taxi driver that you are staying at the Marriott Marble Arch on George St.

A Hidden Jewel

by TripAdvisor Member Guysfo

We stayed at the London Marriott Hotel Marble Arch using Marriott Rewards Points (only a Silver member too!) so we were surprised when we were given the top Executive Floor room (which included access to the Executive Lounge with free drinks and breakfast). They also provided us with champagne and strawberries when we told them that it was for our honeymoon! The staffs were very kind and the front desk representative even waived the parking fee for us.

The hotel in itself was in a great location – within a couple minutes walk to Hyde Park and the Tube. Even though people mentioned that it was in a Arab neighborhood, we still felt safe walking around at night. People attending conferences and even airline crew members stayed at the hotel.

Convenient Location; Great Staff; Small Hotel; A fine experience!

by TripAdvisor Member BERNIECPA

My family of four completed a nine day stay here, which resulted from a redemption of points under the Marriott Rewards program, and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Check-in was handled promptly, and I was provided an upgraded room and access to the Concierge Lounge, in recognition of my Platinum status at Marriott. Our bags were efficiently transported to our room by the bell captain.
Our room was nicely appointed with two double beds, which accomodated my daughters, wife and I. In addition to nightly turndown service, a staff member delivered a fresh fruit plate and mints. The room was serviced daily by housekeeping, who provided extra toiletries and towels without any special request. Hotel was Very Quiet!
Access to the Coincierge Lounge provided us with complimentary daily breakfast buffet. This consisted of scrambled eggs, muffins, croissants, toast, orange juice, smoked salmon, sliced baked ham, sliced cheeses, cereal, sliced fresh fruit, among others. Josephine, the concierge, efficiently handled the breakfast traffic, personally greeting guests and offering her services, while replenishing the buffet; she was a joy, as she took personal interest in us. Of note is a coffee machine that individually brews espresso, and other hot beverages; if you appreciate good coffee or expresso....
Each weekday evening, the concierge lounge offered varying complimentary hors d'oevres (hot and cold), mixed nuts, and cold beverages {alcohol is available at your cost}. Self service cold beverage were available throughout the day until midnight.
The mgt staff hosted a weekly cocktail party for concierge level guests, which was wonderful. We were provided a # of insights on tourist activities and recommendations of nearby pubs, an invaluable service. Hor d'oevres and wine were served. Staff interest in our satisfaction was GENUINE.
The Customer Service Manager, Matthew, took a personal interest in us and spent considerable time making our stay pleasurable, including a note extending his best wishes for our trip home.
Hotel is located adjacent to an Arab business district, but nothing unusual about that fact by virtue of cosmopolitan London. Public bus service is available appoximately 300 ft from hotel entrance; nearest Tube station (Marble Arch) is 3 walkable blocks; Paddington Station is five minute bus ride. We NEVER questioned our personal safety in the area; the surrounding area is 6 story residential neighborhoods replete with antique stores, markets, schools, etc.
Can't comment on the restaurant food as we had other commitments; did enjoy the cocktail lounge, where the cosmopolitan staff was attentive and friendly -- a good, quiet place for a nightcap as the elevator is a few steps away.

Our experience was delightful and we would (including my 20 yr old daughters) again. if you have the change to reserve a Concierge Level room, the perquisites are worth it. Hope you enjoy your stay as much as we did!

how much ???

by marlin1518

How much would it cost for a taxi from Heathrow to the Marriott Marble Arch located at 134 George Street
London, W1H 5DN United Kingdom ??

by pedroswift

Here is one to bookmark for your next trip(s) : toandfromtheairport.com
for heathrow: http://www.toandfromtheairport.com/heathrow.html

by Britannia2

The Marriott website quotes £60.00.

by leics

gives a 50GBP quote, but that's only an estimate.

Traffic congestion is frequent in and around London. It is quite possible that taking the Heathrow Express to Paddington and then getting a taxi to your hotel (one mile away) will be not only cheaper but considerably faster.

by goodfish

Yes, the express will likely be faster and definitely cheaper. Cabs in London are very expensive.

by rkall

It would cost you around £50. I have also same opinion that Cabs are very expensive in London.

Comments