3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Satisfaction Poor

Costs 34% more and rated 18% lower than other 3.5 star hotels

• Inga78's Profile Photo

indian Haven in the city

When I booked the hotel I did not expect much since I found it cheap and thought my co-workers had booked me a dungeon in London. As I came to the hotel it was just perfect. I was warmly welcomed and the interior was very warm and it felt good to come in there after a long day of flying and stress. The personal was kind and helpfull and just very proffesional. I couldn´t belive that it was only 55 pounds a night with breakfast. My room was a bit small but very nice. Very clean (and I check since my day in the hotel industrie) and just realy nice in all places. I have to say after all the stress I had that day it felt like coming home it was so welcoming...thank you for the lovely stay. I would definetly recomend it and I would love to go there with my boyfriend and stay since it´s quite romantic. They also have apparments if you would like that instead might be nice for a romntic getaway.

Unique Quality: I have to say that they don´t have a pool or anything like that. they realy don´t need it since they have what every traveler wants when they travel; make you feel welcome and at home and that is what a hotel has to have above all other things. I have been around the world and I loved this small cosy hotel and the street is so beutifaul all the old houses on it are just so nice and cosy.

Directions: Next street to the Earls Court underground station.

More about Mayflower Hotel & Apartments

Newly Renovated

by TripAdvisor Member KRZ21

My family and I stayed at two different hotels during our trip to London in August and booked through the internet. The first hotel was clean, but sorely in need of a makeover. Then, we stayed at the Mayflower. All's I can say is Wow! Both hotels were equal in price and location (Earls Court), but what a difference! You can take the Tube on one line from Heathrow Airport and not switch lines which was a plus. Once off the Tube, the Mayflower is a short two minute walk literally! We exited the Tube, took a left and the first left to the street the Mayflower was on. We walked into the lobby and immediately knew we found a nice place. There was a small bar/internet area off the Lobby which was nice. My favorite was the flowing contained waterfall in the lobby. Very chic! Our room had two double beds and was tastefully decorated in a modern art deco design. My favorite part of the room was the bathroom with the natural tiled walk in shower with no door. That's how big it was! It reminded me of the outdoor showers you find in the Caribbean only indoors. The tile was gorgeous! The bathroom amenities were all modern and CLEAN!! Breakfast was included in the price and served in a nice room in the basement of the hotel. I was very impressed with this place and the area (Earls Court). Earls Court in general has many quaint restaurants to the right of the Tube. Actually, the area reminds me of Greenwich Village in NYC. If you walk to the right of the Tube station, you see the area is being developed into a really nice upscale area. I would definitely recommend this hotel and area. It's quick to get to the center of town by Tube, and nice to be outside of the hustle and bustle of the city. It's like it's own little "village" inside the city. Highly recommend the Mayflower for the price!!

best hotel in london that ive stayed at

this hotel was very nice, and very close to the earls court tube station, right around the corner. yes you can hear the trains but i didnt care about that and it didnt bother me. the room was very very nice, had a full size bed, wood floors and a very nice design inside of the room. had a good fan above the bed and a heater in the room. i like the one touch controls that you were able to operate from the bed. the pillows and bed was super nice as well. i had to admit i got scared when i went into the elevator that can only hold one person and the hallways inside the hotel was very small i thought to myself damn this is gonna suck but when i opened my door to my room i was in 24 by the way i went back downstairs and told the staff i was very happy. ive stayed in hotels in london that cost 200 bucks a night, like the gloucester and bailys and this hotel topped them. only thing the hotel lacked was a mini bar where i could store cold drinks and no ice machine in the hotel like you find in bigger chains or american hotels. but over all this hotel simply rocked and i will stay here again and at 52 pounds a night you cant beat it

Nightmare

The Mayfower was terrible! We stayed in the apartments and they were discusting and dirty. The floors were dirty the sheets looked like they'd never been cleaned and the bathrooms werre so small you couldn't even turn around in them. On top of that, shower did not work properly and no one came to fix it. The sevice was less than pathetic. I would prefer to sleep at the worst Motel 6 in New Jersey, it would seem like the Ritz, before I return to the Mayflower. AVOID IT at all costs!!!!

The Best!!!

My boyfriend and I stayed in the Mayflower last November and we just loved that sweet little hotel. We stayed in room 37 which wasn't too big but spacious enough for us and our shopping...

It was marvellous to lodge in such a clean, newly renovated hotel in such a perfect location.

We will return this May when we will be on our HONEYMOON!

Enjoyed Our Stay

We truly enjoyed our stay at the Mayflower Hotel. We found the staff to be very helpful and friendly. The hotel is close to the tube, restaurants, and shops. We always felt safe in the area. Our room was very clean and large with 3 beds, a nice marbled bathroom, and hardwood flooring. We would definitely stay at the Mayflower again.

Nice time at the Mayflower

by TripAdvisor Member Salaud

We stayed at the Mayflower in June 2004 and found it to be quite charming and our room though small, was clean and overall a fun experience. The staff was a bit surly, but it is a large city and that isn't anything to be surprised about. The price is quite fair and the proximity to the Earl's Court Tube station is suberb.

To be avoided

by TripAdvisor Member Borzo1

Like others I was offered an 'upgrade' to an apartment on my arrival as the rest of the hotel was full.

The apartment was a short walk away, no problem. But as soon as I has looked around it I decided not to stay there for various reasons

It was dirty, sahbby with thread bare caprets
The beds were very narrow, and only 8inches apart, butted up against the wall - something I can't stand, particularly in a narrow single.
There was no remote for the 15 year old telly

But the worst thing was the timer clock in the kitchen kept making a claking sound all the time.

I went back to the hotel proper and complained, basicly refused tostay there, eventually they agreed to put me up in their sister hotel, which they claimed was also a AA 4 Diamond, of course when I got there it wasn't.

My impression is that the mayflower is quite nice - but only if you get to stay in the main hotel, and that they overbook people into these shabby aparments at will

Avoid the lottery - book somewhere else

Mayflower is cramped and service is bad

My husband and I recently stayed at the Mayflower for two nights. We found the room to be very small and stuffy. We also noticed that instead of a marble bathroom, which the Mayflower advertises, the bathroom is tiled with ceramic tiles that have a marble appearance - not that I really care - just odd.

On our first day, the breakfast room was so full when we came down at about 8.00 that we had to wait for a table, and then we waited for over 30 minutes for someone to take our order before leaving. We didn't go down to breakfast the second day.

Going back to the Mayflower soon

Strange how one hotel can get such varying reviews. I stayed here in January with a group of friends. We stayed in the triple and quadruple rooms, which were large (for London) and stylishly renovated, with lovely bathrooms, nice linens, and a CD player. Our room looked out over the Earls Court Tube station, which made it a little noisy during the day, but nothing unbearable. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Overall it was great value for money, and I'm planning to go back soon. I did see one double room, and it was small, but not unusually so. Sounds like the apartments are to be avoided.

Comments