Megaro Hotel

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Megaro Hotel

Megaro Hotel Great Hotel near Kings Cross

by TripAdvisor Member MVCA0Traveler

We spent one night at the Megaro Hotel and it was a great hotel and we good a great rate (99 pounds for double). The room was larger than all the other London hotels we stayed in). The room was very modern with room for all our bags to be opened without putting them on the bed. They even had wash cloths!! The bed was very comfortable. The hotel is just across the street from both Kings Cross station (for train to Edinburgh) and St Pancaras (for EuroStar to Paris). They only issue we had was there was no sign out side of the hotel - they said it was on order. There is a sign for the Megaro Restaurant and Bar. So, I went in and found the hotel lobby to the left of the restaurant entrance. Breakfast is not included, if you want it, be prepared to spend $25. We skipped it and went down the street to McDonalds.

Finally a nice affordable hotel in London

by TripAdvisor Member Redcloudy

I just spent two nights at Megaro Hotel and was impressed. It was my first time in London with my daughter (17 months) so I was looking for somewhere nicer since we would be spending more time than usual in the room. Finding somewhere decent and affordable seemed like an impossible task at first but then I found a 120 £ per night deal on the hotel's website and decided to go for it. The hotel is modern and clean. Our room was on the top floor and for a standard room it was huge. It had a slightly separated closet area which we used as a baby room. They provided a cot and were very child friendly in general (which can't be said of every hotel...). They even brought us extra milk for the baby! The bathroom was amazing! Breakfast wasn't the cheapest but the waitress was adorable and they had a highchair for the baby. If you don't want to have breakfast there, there is a delicious French bakery on Judd street (I believe it's called "Les deux amies"). As far as the noise is concerned it is true: our room was right on Euston Road and it did get quite noisy, but it was manageable. No noise coming from the other rooms though, which would have annoyed me much more. The area isn't particularly nice or posh but I wouldn't decribe it as dodgy. I got home by myself with the baby around 9 pm on the second night and felt completely safe. Plus Russel Square and the British Museum are just a 20 minute walk away. Toward the end of Judd Street (perpendicular to Euston RD, a couple of 100 m from the hotel, about a 5 minute walk from the Megaro) there is a very nice open air shopping center with plenty of stores, restaurants and even a cinema. I don't exactly recall the name but it was something like "Brunswick Center". We had lunch there on the first day and coffee in the sun on Sunday. Couldn't have asked for more. There are plenty of other restaurants and pubs in the British Museum area, an easy walk or a cheap taxi ride from the hotel. So all in all if somewhere vaguely affordable, nice and pretty central is what you're looking for, go for the Megaro!

Superb hotel

by TripAdvisor Member generok

This hotel was a complete and welcome surprise! We stayed with out two children (9 and 13) and had a GREAT time. The staff was very professional and helpful and they held our bags when we arrived at 7:45am, and we checked in later in the day. The room was very large with a superbly appointed bathroom. The bedding was exceptional, and changed regularly during our stay, as were the luxurious towels, which were provided for each person in the room. The air conditioning worked wonderfully, and the double pane window system made the traffic a distant mumble. The hotel was literally feet from the Underground station, and there were plenty of restaurants in the area. This was a remarkable find in London and we thought it was an exceptional value for the price. We felt perfectly safe there, and the free unlimited Internet access through the room's large flat panel TV was very helpful.

Good quality

by TripAdvisor Member sudders08

The Megaro is located opposite Kings Cross train station on Euston Road. Convenient for those travelling to/from London via this station. It's location however, means that if you have a front facing room then the busy traffic on Euston Road will likely disturb your sleep in the morning. The windows aren't double glazed so when the traffic noise starts up at about 7a, it sounds like you're right on the street.

Other than that though the rooms are a reasonable size with new and modern decor.The staff are friendly and courteous. The rooms are also clean. So it ticks all the boxes for as far as stay was concerned.

Breakfast wasn't cheap - £13 for a full cooked breakfast. The quality seemed ok. No issues there. The area around Kings Cross isn't the greatest though - a bit dodgy. It took us 10 minutes to find a restaurant (any restaurant) - an Italian place where the food tasted like i cooked it. Yes, it was that bad.

Overall this hotel is worth staying at if you need to be in the area around Kings Cross. Otherwise though, I'd stay clear of the area altogether and stay somewhere else in London with more stuff going on and a bit safer.

Really good convenient hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Siena_1950

I agree with all the positive reviews. I stayed here for 2 nights on business. I asked for and got a quiet room which was nice and large and light.

Good things to note were the helpfulness of the staff, the free internet access and great quality food via room service.

I booked this hotel because my usual choice (the Whitehall Hotel on Montague Street) was full, but this will be my first choice in future.

Fanastic hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member Queen21

We stayed in this hotel the night before we travelled on the Euro star.
When we got there we were upgraded to a fab room with a view over king's cross.
We paid a rate of £109 not ncluding breakfast.
Three year old had her own bed and baby was in a travel cot.
Room had coffee machine swing around chairs huge bathroom and big fluffy towels.
Staff were very helpfull during our stay.
Breakfast was expensive.

Ideal for Eurostar travellers

by TripAdvisor Member mendip6

Stayed one night at The Megaro before taking Eurostar to Paris, used some airmiles so there was no cost involved. Having seen some of the seedier type hotels in London, was pleasanly surprised, there was a good welcome from the staff. The room was large, and the bathroom really good, there was a great shower!..Breakfast was excellent, and the young lady serving was really happy and helpful.We were sorry we did not have dinner there the previous evening, as we had a somewhat mediocre meal at St Pancras station.It is ideally situated for Eurostar, just across the road, couldn't be easier.

Lovely Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Jayni

This was the second time we stayed at this hotel. I chose it for its close proximity to St Pancras (we were supposed to be travelling on Eurostar the next day but it was closed due to the fire).
The staff at the hotel rang while we were on the train to check we were still coming - apparently lots of people had cancelled due to the Eurostar problems.
We were given a lovely room on the top floor with great bathroom, which made up for not going on Eurostar - we got a flight to Paris from Heathrow (expensive though and we weren't covered by our insurance).
We hadn't had the breakfast on our last stay but decided to go for it this time - it was good with plenty of choice.
The staff were really helpful and friendly, and we will definitely be back for another visit.

Very good stay at Megaro

by TripAdvisor Member staticqueen

Slightly dubious that there might be a lot of noise at night when booking this hotel, but was reassured by reading other reviews. Having asked for a quiet room when booking (and got a great deal at £99 for one night double room), I was very well pleased with the hotel and facilities.
A small problem with the TV was immediately fixed by the staff, and the room and bathroom was very clean and stylish. Loved the jukebox feature on the TV as well - a great range of music available to suit all tastes.
Would definintely stay here again, and recommend to people wanting a convenient base from which to explore London.

Mega fab!

by TripAdvisor Member CheshireFairycake

My family and I stayed one night here before heading to Disneyland Paris the following morning. The hotel was clean and comfortable. They provided a cot bed for my daughter and there were still room to move around! I especially liked the use of the free internet (with a wireless keyboard) and Wifi. The Tv on the wall was great too! Breakfast was including but it was a very basic contenential breakfast, cheese, bread and ham. Cooked breakfast was charged extra. St Pancreas station was very close by, we walked there with one large suitcase and a pushchair. All in all the stay was very good.

The Dock and Duck pub - LondonThe Dock and Duck pub - London

Interior (3)Interior (3)

The busy section!!The busy section!!

Dreaming of cigars?Dreaming of cigars?

need a place to stay the night by the aipprt!

Hi-

I have an overnight connection in London for a night and I need a cheaper hotel/hostel to stay, preferably one that's close to Heathrow (if that exists!). Anyone have any suggestions?

by ghosthunter

Hi, Travelodge have pretty good offers on at the moment but it depends on your dates. There are 4 Travelodges close to Heathrow Airport. www.travelodge.co.uk type in Heathrow as location, & search for your date choice & see what price you can get, Darren.

by kc192

Thanks! I'll check it out! I'll be there on May 10th.

by ghosthunter

Good, they are all available at the moment at £19. Have just checked.

by johngayton

But be prepared to pay the extra 4 pounds each way for the shuttle bus.

by kc192

you are FABULOUS ghosthunter! just booked a room at the travelodge and saved myself quite a few $$$! Definitely the cheapest place we'll be staying in during our travels.

Thanks also for the warning about the hoppa.

by ghosthunter

You are more than welcome. Have a great time, Darren.

Comments