Melia White House Hotel

Agoda.com Hotels.com Travelocity

Costs 29% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• tvor's Profile Photo

Regent Park area Hotel

We got a pretty good rate for the Melia from the Air Canada hotel booking site. The location was good with transportation handy and close to the train station. The lobby is gleaming with marble and quite large. There is a bar and a couple of restaurants and a fitness centre as well. There are a few steps into the lobby but the concierge has a luggage lift if you have problems with stairs. It's a very large hotel, too.

We arrived too early to get our room and didn't get back to the hotel until quite late. Not sure if that's why but we were given an upgraded room which was nice. It was a comfortable size, and was decorated in gold and red with a super king size bed, big desk, and large cabinet containing the television, tea tray and a mini bar which we didn't use. The tv was not a newer flat screen one but I believe some of the rooms do have them. The bathroom is small but gleaming in black and chrome. The tub is a bit high to get into but the shower is lovely. They give you some very nice gels and shampoos and also a dental, sewing and shaving kits. The windows open and the room has air conditioning controls which are turned on by a switch by one side of the bed. The room power is triggered by the room swipe key card.

The staff couldn't be nicer and more helpful. We had breakfast in the hotel one morning as the little cafe that we used was closed on Sundays. We didn't get breakfast included with out rate so had to pay for it. Be aware that though it's a nice full breakfast buffet, it's very expensive at 23 pounds per person! That's probably not out of the ordinary for a good hotel in London but still a bit of a shock!

We had one complaint, our room was next to one of the elevators so there was a rattling in the walls but it was mostly quiet at night and we got used to it so didn't bother changing. Your mileage may vary. Overall, a very good hotel.

Unique Quality: Fitness Centre
    Satellite tv with a lot of Spanish channels
    Next to Regent's Park, close to Euston Stn, not far from King's Cross and St. Pancras

Directions: Right across from Great Portland Street tube station. 5-10 minutes walk west from Euston Station.

• Hosell's Profile Photo

A luxury hotel!

I have been in this hotel in 2.007 for a short stay of three nights.I was lucky beacuse we had a special discount in the White House hotel,because a relative of mine,works in the same chain of hotels in Spain,so the workers have a very good discount in all the hotels of the company all around the world.We stayed in a luxury room for the price of a cheap one!.The hotel is very big and hasw a very nice restaurante,a piano bar and some cafeterias and special lounges for conventions.

Unique Quality: We ate one night in the restaurant,and the food was delicious! but it was a little bit expensive.

Directions: It is located just next to the Regent's Park,and also is a very nice and quiet area

• miso80's Profile Photo

Great deal at a very nice hotel

I stayed at the Melia White House Hotel this May 2006...My friend's company had sent her for a few days of training to London, and they'd booked her a room at the Melia, and so I decided to follow suit. First of all, the price was amazing compared to all the other hotels I'd seen and searched for on the web...and when I got to see the hotel, and how nice the lobby was, and how amazing the location was, I was very happy I'd decided to stay here.

The room was quite spacious compared to most big city hotels I've been to, and the room and bathroom were clean and had all the amneties you'd need (blow-dryer, coffee-maker, mini-bar, TV,etc.). They lobby is very elegant and the staff are quite helpful. I did not get a chance to try out any of the hotel restaurants, as all I wanted to do was see the city..but my friend had told me that she'd had a DELICIOUS meal at the L'albufera - Spanish restaurant.

Directions: Three underground stations are next to the hotel (easy walking distance):
    - Warren St.
    - Great Portland St.
    - Regents Park
    Mainline train stations (5-10 min. by taxi): Paddington, Marylebone & Kings Cross
    Heathrow Airport is 45 minutes away.

• Manara's Profile Photo

5-star luxury at a 4-star price

The lobby, with its columns and shining marbles, conveys an immediate impression of luxury. Also in the rooms the decoration is oriented towards old-style opulence.
    I have been in this hotel three times, because of business meetings, so I had the opportunity to test also its meeting facilities, the services of the concierge and the restaurants. All of them very good.
    The lifts are a bit strange: the keys to choose the floor are outside, so you press the key and wait for the display to tell you which lift to use. No second thought after you are inside!
    The area is mostly residential (by the way, Madonna had a house in a nearby street), so there are no shops or restaurants really close to the hotel, but there are two tube stations very near, and it's easy to get anywhere you want.
    The rack rates are very high, but special prices are available most of the time, so I recommend to check the best offers in the website of Melia Hotels.

Unique Quality: The breakfast buffet is one of the best I have ever found in hotels, even in 5-star ones.
    Not all the rates include breakfast, so those who do not eat much at breakfast can save the price of a full buffet, by having a continental breakfast at the Davidoff Cafe: located by the entrance, with a few tables in the hotel lobby, it serves coffee, croissants, fruit juices and fresh fruit.

Directions: Close to the South-East gates of Regent's Park.

More about Melia White House Hotel

Melia's White House Hotel...Fabulous!!

by TripAdvisor Member JulieandFred

At the end of April, I traveled to London with my mother for a mother-daughter trip. Not ever visiting London before, we were unsure of where to stay. We booked the enitre trip on the internet with the help of Trip Advisor. Melia's White House was fabulous! It was very convenient to the Great Portland Street Tube Station (approx. 1 block away). We never felt unsafe, no matter what time we were outside the hotel. The staff at the hotel was very accomodating. We were always able to utilize the consierge services. The were helpful in finding restaurants in the area within walking distance. The rooms were very clean. We were in one of the low end rooms and they were small, but that didn't stop us from enjoying it. The bar/lounge in the lobby was very comfortable, a bit pricey for drinks and breakfast, though. We still enjoyed it very much. Would we stay there again? Definitely!!

Would go back

We were at the Melia White House from June 10 to June 14.

We had a package travel/hotel deal on Expedia. However, I would guess that we paid maybe US$100-$125 per night.

Excellent location and contrary to some earlier reviews, the rooms were well appointed and the staff was friendly and helpful.

The hotel adjoins Regent's Park. One of the most enjoyable activities of our trip was to see a play in an open-air theatre in the park.

Fantastic Hotel

The Melia White House was fantastic. We had a deluxe room and it was big. The staff was friendly and helpful. It is located across the street from the Tube and easy walking distance to Regents Park, London Zoo, Baker St, and Madame Tussauds. We had room service a few times and it was ok. It was expensive, but everything is expensive in London especially with the US dollar hurting against the Pound. Highly recommend this hotel.

A lovely European Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member blanck444

May 2004. Our room was newly renovated and simply perfect. The staff was wonderful and offered at all times to be of assistance. The hotel is in a beuatiful, residential neighborhood. Lots of eclectic dining is a 10 minute walk to Charlotte street. We were charmed by the new innovations which came during their remodeling. It is a bit far from some of the sights. But taking the tube is a must and we did not find the extra few minutes a bother.

Gteat value

by TripAdvisor Member Tuttubene

My wife, our baby son and I stayed in White House for four days last summer and now think about this hotel as our potential no. 1 choice for future trips. I was quite surprised by some bad reviews I've seen here. Given that we paid just over USD100 for a real 4-star hotel in London(!) I wouldn't even complain about small(?) rooms. The food in the hotel venues was good and reasonably priced. No complains about service as well. The hotel is centrally located and easily accessible from anywhere. It was really weird to read in someone's review that taxi drivers could not find it. The author should have used a licensed black cab probably. Overall I would definitely recommend the hotel to anyone.

Beautifull hotel, great food, good location

What an amazing hotel, my boyfriend and I stayed here for a long bank holiday weekend in May 04 and we couldnt have picked better. Definately great value for money. For what we paid we could have never expected this.
The staff are very friendly and helpfull. The breakfast which was included in the price was lovely, a brilliant selection, the waiters even remember what you have to drink each morning!
Be carefull of the price of the bar in the hotel, we knew it would be pricey, it cost us £18 for two drinks, it plays relaxing music and has very comfy chairs/sofa's.
We didnt eat in the restraunt in the hotel but it looked realy nice, there are a few streets nearby in which you can go for a decent meal, Charlotte street is jus 10 mins walk away with great places to eat.
The room itself was spacious with a grand size bed, massive TV, mini bar (very expensive) but there is a realy cheap shop over the road, air con and heating, ful size ironing board + iron, lots of room for my make up and to spread my things around, huge windows that actualy open, we didnt have the best view but we werent there for that. The bathroom is gorgeous, but be careful not to slip on the wet floor as the shower water does seem to leak a bit! Many toiletries restocked daily and the maid was great. We returned to our room one day to find no towles but before we could pick up the phone up to reception there was a knock with more.
The hotel is in a great location, just down the road from Madame Tussuards which is an interesting little outing. Regents Park is just seconds from the Hotel where London Zoo is which makes the best day out.
I would definately recomend this hotel, its great, you will have a fantastic time.

Good but not excellent

I stayed at this hotel last weekend via an internet deal I found on lastminute.

Good Things:

The hotel was of 4* standard
The rooms clean and tidy.
Great Breakfast buffet
Great Locations to Regents Park, Oxford Street, Regents Street etc.
Mini bar

Bad Things:

Small room and very small bathroom
Thin walls - could hear the people next door talking.

So all in all a good hotel but could be better if they had sound proofed the rooms and made them bigger when they recently spent millions improving the hotel.

Hotel advise for single girl

by jimea

Hi. A friend of mine,a 21 year old girl,is planning to go to london end july/August. Can anyone recommend a hotel which is reasonably cheap and in a safe area as near as possible to Central London.Thanks.

by Vijith

If she's staying for a couple of weeks or more she could consider a serviced apartment. Can get a good studio apartment at around 350 per week. I have stayed at Nell Gwyn House which is in Sloane Avenue and is a great central location. I'm sure you can find something cheaper as well. try www.visitbritain.com

by film

Why stay in a hostel instead, paying extra for a single. These are great places to meet people from all over the world and tend to be orientated towards 'twenty somethings.' Hotels are more comfortable but are not very social places for the lone traveller.

by jimea

Thanks for your advise. I shall pass info. on

by zuriga

St. Margaret's Hotel
Hotel Cavendish

Both are reasonably priced and in good locations.

by Cham

i would look at the melia white house in w2 as it's near hyde park and it's a fantastic place. but i have no idea what the prices are during high season

by baltic_2005