Millennium Gloucester Hotel London

Millennium Gloucester Hotel London Kensington
Hotels.com Priceline.com Agoda.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Had a good stay

Good hotel with good facilities. Enjoyed every bit the restaurants, bar as well as breakfast. Rooms clean, staff very helpful. Location is great as in middle of london and most of this like shopping as well as sightseeing places are nearby. Will like to stay again.

Unique Quality: Long spread breakfast with wide choice. Good restaurants. Helpful staff.

• Magvictoria's Profile Photo

Good choice if you prefer to Stay near Chelsey

very nice hotel though a bit dated..... VERY NICE STAFF!!!! everybody is so friendly and helpful...
    there are some rooms facing the inner glass-roofed court - they are very quiet....queen beds are TERRIFIC ;)

• dukegg1's Profile Photo

Good convenient hotel

My first stay in London arranged thru a package deal, but we liked the hotel very much & are returning this summer to stay there for a week. AM breakfast was great & kept us going thru most of the day. Tube station very convenient as were neighborhood pubs, stores, bank machine, etc. Our only complaint was that it was quite a long walk from the elevator to our room & I'll ask for a more convenient room this time.

Directions: South Kengington

• Millennium Gloucester

This hotel was very nice. I did not know what to expect - my friend and I went to London for a long weekend (my first trip to any European country) and this place was relatively inexpensive. It turns out the hotel was so easy to find - right out of the Gloucester tube stop and across the street - easy right. The people that work there were so nice and helpful - we asked where we could get the hop on/hop off bus (right across the street) and he was so helpful and gave us a map and we could buy our tickets right there. The room was bigger than I expected (small according to US standards but big compared to some of the stories that I have heard about European hotels). I would definately stay there again. Just don't go into the lobby bar for drinks - very very expensive. Go to the pub accross the street - very nice and resonable.

• Good hotel, dippy staff.

Ugly 70's concrete exterior, inside grand marble lobby (2 levels) with small "club like" pannelled bar off (with sports cable) and restaurant / coffee shop (also pannelled) overlooking street. 8 level building in a letter "H" design. Business club room(although on holiday) large & nicely done in half blond wood pannelling with big curved desk, pannelled tapestry behind bed (comfy) and those horrible automatically charging minibars (dont touch anything in the bar as its charges without removing anything going by the number of times I had to ring reception and other guests I encountered). Heated towel rail in bathroom, safe and trouser press in robe. Small opening window - a/c worked okay. Quiet room. Small fitness room, no pool. Club lounge small with continental breakfast (fruits, cereal and danishs with some breakfast meats) and little else during day (only coffee/ tea and water plus some small danishs available all day). Evening cocktails consisted of one free drink down in the bar (and didn't that make you feel good just asking for it - not). Lounge not really worth it apart from the upgraded accomodation. Great location - across from Gloucester road tube (with a shopping centre with Boots chemist and a Waitrose supermarket) plus other shopping area with pub, restaurants and small stores. Other hotels around include Holiday Inn (x 2), Raddison Edwardian and a Rydges. This hotel is part of a small convention centre and has a large business clientele weekdays (also connected to another Millenium hotel - The Baileys - which you have co-siging rights to facilities). Good rates obtained via Last minute.com (GBP110 for Club Room against rack rate of approx GBP250) and other websites. Staff a bit slow but otherwise recommend hotel

Directions: 20 metres from Gloucester Road Tube station.

More about Millennium Gloucester Hotel London

Really nice stay at the Millennium Gloucester Hotel

We stayed several days at the Millennium Gloucester Hotel in London the beginning of September. We found the hotel to be well kept and attractive and our club room to be large and tastefully furnished. We had continental breakfast each morning and there were many restaurants in the area serving a wide variety of menu choices. In addition the hotel was located near the underground (subway) so access to the various tourist attractions in London were easy to get to.
All in all, we would definitely recommend this hotel and look forward to staying there again when we return to London.

A great place to stay!!

by TripAdvisor Member Debs

I stayed at the Millenium Gloucester in mid-November, booking the hotel through Expedia, but upgrading to a Club room once I got there (an extra 30 pounds per night). The room was spacious and modern, and very comfortable. Breakfast, which is also included with the club rate, was also very good, a nice selection of hot and cold food. Also, a complimentary cocktail is included in the evening, nothing special but a nice touch. And the locaton is perfect, the tube station is across the street and central to everything. Overall, my stay was great, I had absolutely no complaints. Just another note, I visited London for business at the same time, and stayed at the Swissotel Howard prior to the Gloucester. The rooms are comparable in all respects, except maybe for the amazing view at the Howard. But the price was double, and no breakfast included!!! I highly recomnend the club rooms at the Gloucester. Sorry I can't comment on the other rooms.

Where to Stay in London?

by Geeedavey

My wife and I are in the process of planning a trip to London. My question is what are the areas of the city that are desireable to stay in for tourists? The two most inexpensive hotels that are in the package we are looking into are the Hilton London Metropole and the Millenium Gloucester London. Are these places in a good area and are they nice? Thanks in advance for any help.

RE: Where to Stay in London?

by paulinuk2u

try the horseguards[over looks the river] or the grosvenor house hotel[£68?] in park lane its at good price now,but go to superbreaks.com have look at the hotels on there you can book online and if your are in uk you can book in any travel agents,i have just booked the county hall marriot for £488 for 2 for 4 nights.if you find a hotel you like go to tripadvisor.com and check the hotel there,premiertravelinn.co.uk[i think]also have a hotel at the county hall £87 a night for the room

Comments