Millennium Hotel Mayfair London

Millennium Hotel London Mayfair
Hotels.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

• shizzler's Profile Photo

Great mayfair hotel.

We were supposed to be staying in the Millennium hotel in Knightsbridge, but due to a strange smell coming through the air con. there we were moved to Mayfair. Great hotel. It had celebrity chef Brian Turners restaurant in it. Lovely rooms and in the centre of everything. In the middle of grovesnor square, opposite the lovely park/green. Bond street tube station just round the corner off Oxford street. Close to shopping, tubes, busses and all central London ammenities.

Unique Quality: Definately has to be the Brian Turner restaurant and the fact it's opposite the green/park, as it makes a nice stroll in the mornings. It's also farely good for a low ammount of traffic for where you are in London.

Directions: Grovesnor square, you can't miss it once you're there.

• Djinn76's Profile Photo

Poch hotel in the center

This is definitely the best hotel I've got the chance to test in London and on top of it the rate was not the higher one!!
    My room was spacious and nicely furnished in a luxurious 'old style'.
    Old style doesn't mean old fashioned, wireless Internet access was also available!

On a side note, Grosvenor square is also where the US embassy is located!

Unique Quality: The restaurant is handled by a famous English "chef" I had never heard of...
    ... that makes it quite expensive as a result!

I had a soup followed by a fish-dish, it was excellent but for something prepared by a chef (if he really was in the kitchen), I would have expected something even better! Too much spices in this case...

More about Millennium Hotel Mayfair London

Quiet luxury in the midst of everything

by vikendall about Millennium Mayfair-London

The first time we stayed here, we booked this hotel on the internet, on a lark, due to fabulous price breaks. Returning 2 years later, it took several tries to obtain the same price break, but we did. I am returning again in a few weeks, and same thing...many tries before getting the real price break ($135.00 vs. $450.00). A very classy, comfortable, fabulous place, located close to Oxford St. The Oxford tube is the closest, about a 5 to 10 minute walk. The rooms were very well furnished, comfortable, and quite large for central London. The breakfast was above average, the staff super nice. There is a park across the street that locals often stretch out on the grass and enjoy the calm (Roosevelt Park). Pleanty of cabs, but beware of the out of the way routes for higher fares. There are many restaurants nearby for numerous selections, all very good. Also, a very nice convenience store for snacks. A short bus or tube ride and you are at Picadilly, or Knightsbridge. (museums, Victoria-Albert Hall). Super location. The only shortcoming (depending on your mobility) is the distance to the tube. But not really that far. About 1/2 a mile. The hotel is stately, and impressive. The common areas (lobby, meeting rooms, banquet rooms) are finished in lush carpets, rich woods, and stately marble and granite. Great restaurants, clubs, etc.Lobby restrooms are palatial.

absolutely terrible!!

My husband and I pre-booked - and pre-paid for a twin room at the Millennium Mayfair Hotel.
On checking in at 2.40pm (check in was from 2.00pm) we were told there was a slight problem with the booking. They had in fact let our room to another person - even though we had already paid for it !
We had to take a single - the only room left in the hotel, and they would provide an additional bed (which we were assured would not be a camp bed). Anyway the camp bed arrived, so we refused it as I did not pay to sleep on a camp bed and also the room was a single sized room.
We asked for an additional cup for the tea and coffee facilites in the room, as there were only facilities for the one person. This took two hours to arrive. We asked to speak to the manager who never did arrive.
I went to recetion that evening to tell them I was not happy, and we were given two complimentary breakfasts for the next morning.
We had a very uncomfortable night, and after a fire alarm, and a false wake up call in the morning, continued to the restaurant for our complimentary breakfasts.
We checked out - informing them also at reception that the mini bar had not been re-filled from the previous guests, and the seal had been broken. We were informed that this was alright and that there was nothing to pay on checkout.
I arrived home and two days later an invoice arrived for £17.50 - one cooked breakfast, and they had already taken the money from my bank account without my authorisation.
I telephoned the manager who did not return my call, and on telephoning for the third time was told that it would be looked into to the next day - and basically if I was telling the truth then they would pay the money back into my account.
I was also told that these things take time, and I was to phone again to make sure his had been done ?! I wish I had never heard of the Millennium Hotel in Mayfair - I do not know how they can claim to be 4 star or whatever they are. It really is an unprofressional operation, and I can only think the managers deal with complaints 24/7, as they always seem to be dealing with 'an emergency'

Nice hotel

I stayed 2 nights at the hotel, and was a bit nervous given the somewhat mixed reviews. Yes, the hotel isn't brand new or particularly opulent, but the location is great, it's still a nice hotel, and the staff were friendly and accomodating.

Even though I'd only booked a standard room, when a king room became available, the staff graciously let me move. The king room was quite nice. As with most european hotels, the decor and furnishings weren't the newest but that's been my experience at most 4 & 5 star hotels in Europe. It was comfortable and I have no complaints!!

Very nice hotel

The Millinium Mayfair is a wonderful hotel. We got it on priceline for $90 per night for the July 4th weekend. Can't beat that price. The location was great...walking distance to many things and the hotel was clean, the piano bar was great and the rooms were very nice and larger than usual for London hotels.

The only downside were the prices for food and drinks in the hotel. VERY expensive. One should eat and drink somewhere else.

good hotel in quiet neighborhood

by TripAdvisor Member ARK_Travelers

Good hotel and definitely worth the 45 GBP I spent for the night. The rooms were large and spacious opening up into a quiet court yard. It takes 15 minutes to walk to any one of the 3 nearest Tube stations, but maybe that's a good thing. An all and all good hotel. Probably needs a little refurbishment, but still good.

The millennium mayfair, from grovesnor square.The millennium mayfair, from grovesnor square.

Comments