67-69 Gloucester Road, London, SW7 4PG, United Kingdom

Orbitz.com Agoda.com Booking.com

Costs 47% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Great Location in South Kensington

I did see one reviewer indicate that this hotel was in Knightsbridge; thats false information, it is in South Kensington about 2km west of Knightsbridge.
    The hotel is located very close to Gloucester road tube and from here you can travel all over central London very fast.
    The immediate surrounds offer just about everything we needed from bars and restaurants to 24x7 food supermarkets.
    The hotel itself has recently been upgraded and our room has a plasma tv and a fridge.
    I did appreciate the fast and free wifi in the bedroom.
    Breakfast was a little on the "light" side so dont rely on that to keep you going, however we did find a restaurant across the road that offered full english breakfast. Also there is only one lift and its only for two people.

Unique Quality: Free wifi and great location !

Directions: Gloucester Road tube station

• Bad hotel

Very bad hotel.Staff unpleasant (breakfast included).We were in a room in the basement.Not very clean.Air condition works very bad (room very very cold).
    It's a bad 2 star hotel.
    Not recomended.
    The only thind good is the location,near tne tube station

• kris-t's Profile Photo

Montana Hotel

The Montana Hotel provides a spectacular blend of Victorian grandeur and contemporary luxury providing sumptuous comfort in one of the worlds most exclusive and fashionable neighborhoods which is situated in a quiet residential quarter of Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea, it is a minutes walk away from Gloucester Road underground station, which provides a direct link to Heathrow airport, Gatwick airport (via Victoria) the City, and the West End Theatres.

Unique Quality: Just a short walk away is the quiet and beautiful expanses of Kensington Gardens, the elegant stores of Knightsbridge (Harrods) and Kensington. Also close by are the major exhibition centres of Earls Court and Olympia, The Royal Albert Hall and the famous Science and Natural History Museum.

Directions: Kensington, near (2 mins) by undegraund station Gloucester Road

• Callavetta's Profile Photo

My Knightsbridge Bargain

Hotel Montana is quite basic but the beds are comfortable, the rooms are clean and the private bathrooms perfectly adequate. This is a relatively inexpensive hotel in a great area. Across the street from the Glouchester Tube Station, you will find everything you need in the general area; restaurants (an Indian restaurant onsite), Pubs, Gothic Churches, shopping, even a couple of Starbucks.

Unique Quality: Two blocks away is the Natural History Museum. Two blocks in another direction is the Royal Albert Hall. Across the street you can catch the Big Bus Hop on Hop off tour.

More about Montana Hotel

Good little hotel

by TripAdvisor Member L.Warent

My daughter and I spent a week at the Montana Hotel, Kensington early August. It was very clean and comfortable. It was very warm weather while we were there, and the fan provided at our request was a life-saver. Ideal location just minutes from the Glouchester Road underground station, across the street from bank machines ( called "cash points" there),a Waitrose supermarket,several restaurants and fast-food outlets. I have only 2 minor complaints about the hotel: 1-the continental breakfast included is only white toast ,juice and tea or coffee, which is monotonous for a week, I'd suggest ordering something else a la carte to supplement the toast. 2- the numerous fire safety doors slam shut each time someone goes through them unless they're held until closed. Some sort of hydralic closing devices to make it quieter would be appreciated for rooms by these doors. Over all a good place to stay and we would certainly return.

Montana Meets Needs of Savvy and Frugal Tourists

I stayed at the Gloucester Road Montana Hotel for three days in July. As a single female, I felt safe and well cared for. Location..location..location..being so close to the tube on the Piccadilly Line saves precious vacation time and a quick trip back to the hotel is easy if needed to drop off packages or rest for a bit. Small room, bathroom down the hall..but only 35 GBP a night...some hostels are close to this price.
Breakfast is spartan, only toast, coffee, and juice. Peter the bartender is always there..morning at breakfast and late at night when you need help with Internet access in the bar. A very sweet man.
I will definitely stay here again on my next trip to London. To me, a modest but comfortable room in South Kensington, at this price, cannot be beat.

Excellent budget stay for family

Our family of 5 stayed in a family room at the Montana in August. (It's apparently one of the few rooms in London that can sleep 5 without requiring a two-room suite.) Clean, decent accomodations (with air conditioning, a blessing for those hot days, and private bath) at a very reasonable price for London (99 pounds a night). The Light of India restaurant is superb, very elegant with attentive service. The hotel is across the street from the Gloucester Road underground station. There are plenty of cafes and restaurants in the neighborhood; there's a small Waitrose supermarket in the arcade just outside the underground station exit, and another larger supermarket, Sainsbury, is a 5-minute walk away on west Cromwell Road. Hotel staff is very helpful and friendly. We highly recommend the Montana. It's not a luxury hotel but is very pleasant and well-maintained.

Perfect for my needs...

by TripAdvisor Member TeachinNV

I stayed at the Montana Hotel for 8 nights this June. After last year's experience at another hotel, I was a bit nervous about what I would find. Well, let me tell you the pluses and minuses...

On the plus side...
1. Great location: this hotel is right across or down the street from the Gloucester Road tube station, a grocery store, post office, internet "cafe", several restaurants, and a stop on the Big Bus Tour. It is also only 3 blocks from the Natural History Museum, Science Museum, and Victoria and Albert Museum.

2. Very friendly staff...this includes the desk staff, breakfast staff, and housekeeping staff.

3. Very clean room

4. Windows that open all the way (at least in my room #303)

5. Large bathroom with plenty of room for stuff (medicine cabinet)

On the down side...
1. My room was noisy due to the traffic on Gloucester and Cromwell Roads. But, that was the choice I made when I left my windows open.

2. This place is rather worn...clean, but worn. If you're looking for fancy and new, this ain't the place for you.

3. My single room was tiny. Very long and narrow.

4. My complimentary breakfast included 2 pieces of toast, orange juice, tea or coffee. Other items were available for an additional charge. I added corn flakes for £1.50.

5. Internet in the bar did not work. I quickly began using the internet place across the street.

6. Microscopic elevator...3 people tops can fit. And, I figured that it waits exactly 10 seconds before closing the door, no matter how many times you push the button. ;o) But, I began thinking that the place was lucky to have an elevator at all given the fact that it's a protected historic building (Victorian era).

Overall, I was pleased with the Montana Hotel. At £59/night, I got what I paid for. Plus, they did not charge me for the last night. I decided to check out a day early due to the tube strike...I didn't want to take the chance of missing my flight the next morning. I didn't check out until 4 p.m., and they very easily could have charged me...in fact, I expected them to. But, they didn't.

Excellent safe location

We made booking through internet: ---hotel-assist--- They gave us a last night with no charge as we had 8 nights. The people at the hotel are very frendly and made our stay very good. the Indian food in the restaurant was very good. The lift is small but hey how long do you stay in the lift during your stay ? Room was Ok - needed more pillows and deleivered to room right away. Location is the best - many many restaurants in the area and it feels so safe as many rich people live in this part of London. Metro is opposite so very simple to travel to attarctions. I will stay there again.

Location! Location! Location!

I have stayed at the Montana twice and would definitely consider it again. The price is right considering you receive a clean, comfortable room and are 50 steps from the Glouster Road tube stop. The neighborhood is safe and offers plenty of restaurants and pubs, as well as Kensington Palace and museums. Breakfast is definitely bland but it get's you going and out the door. Don't pass this one up!

Comments