Mostyn Hotel London

Agoda.com Orbitz.com Priceline.com

Costs 54% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Maryimelda's Profile Photo

Location, location, location.....

One hotel that I have stayed at in London in the Marble Arch area area is the Best Western Mostyn in Bryanston Street. It is a short block from the Marble Arch underground station and Bryanston Street runs parallel to Oxford Street. It is a fabulous position, very central to just about everything. Stacks of shops and restaurants as well. It is only a couple of hundred metres from Selfridge's and all the other fantastic Oxford Street shopping. It can be booked through www.bookings.com and is not too expensive by London standards.

Unique Quality: The hotel is a three star with restaurant and bar (great for a night cap). The best feature is of course, the position.

Directions: One block from Marble Arch Underground Staion

More about Best Western Mostyn Hotel London

A Lovely Stay at Best Western Mostyn

by TripAdvisor Member Fitzer

I would highly recommend this hotel, the staff were friendly and extremely helpful - we made a new friend in the Ray from the concierge desk. A large buffet for breakfast with a choice of continental or English. The hotel is within a few minutes walk of Marble Arch & Hyde Park.
I would definitely stay here again.

Superb Location - Suprisingly good

by TripAdvisor Member sunnycy

Mostyn Hotel was indeed value for money for the price of 68GBP per room per night. The location was absolutely fantastic and very convenient for retail therapy and cultural excursions! The rooms were compact yet comfortable and very clean and the staff was very helpful.

Due to our strange time schedule we did not grace the breakfast offered by the hotel until the very last day. Although our reservation included breaksfast, we were informed that it did not. Due to time constraints,we did not clarify the matter and left the hotel. Beware of hidden charges!

The latter set aside, Mostyn exceeded my expectations for a 3* in the particular area. I would strongly recommend the hotel if you are looking for no frills yet clean and conveniently located accommodation.

Okay but nothing great!

by TripAdvisor Member rnbm

This hotel is VERY basic. It was a decent price in a good area, just off Oxford Street. We stayed there August 2-5th and then returned August 24-27th. I dont think I would stay there again but its not a bad hotel. There is so much to do and see in London it really doesnt matter what the hotels like b/c you are never in it.

The Good,
The location was great and there is a tour bus stop a block away that lets you onto the A/B/C lines. The tours can get you anywhere in London. The price was good. The shopping on Oxford was great and there were lots of little shops and things were easy to get to. The hotel was clean and offered breakfast.

The Bad,
The staff was not very friendly. We asked for ice and had to go down stairs and were given two small glasses of ice. wierd! The rooms were small but the bathrooms were okay. It was pretty outdated style.

Clean & less expensive

My husband and I stayed at the Best Western in Marble Arch, London during the beginning of October 2005. We chose the Best Western because the price was more reasonable than most other hotels (although it's still expensive by American standards). I am a germaphobe and I was pleasantly surprised by our hotel room. Our bathroom was cleaner than my stay at many top notch hotels in the states. The carpet was stained in many places but it didn't really bother me since I was planning on laying on it. One night when we arrived back at the hotel I noticed there was blood on the sheets that had been changed. We asked for new sheets to be sent up and 2 more had blood on them (someone had a bad day, I guess). The staff appologized and made sure we received clean sheets. I would still recommend the hotel though. The location is excellent (right off of Oxford street the high fashion shopping area) and in walking distance to many places like Camden Market, Picadilly Circus, etc.) It is also right next to a central line tube stop. Be sure to bring your earplugs, however. Otherwise you might be woken up by traffic and deliveries around 4AM on Bryanston St. I came prepared so it was fine. I would stay there again. Also, Cafe Uno (go down Seymore a ways and you'll see it) near the hotel had good/reasonable Italian food. There's also a Starbucks in that area.

Good value, Good location

by TripAdvisor Member goggsy

This Hotel is nothing to write home about as hotels go - the room was small to cramped, service was OK but nothing special.
The location and value make it a good option for those who don't require luxury accomodation.
A minutes walk from marble arch and Oxford street and a little further to hyde park.
For the price (especially if you book online) this is a good value hotel for central London.

Can't beat it!

by TripAdvisor Member Bristolgal

I stayed at this hotel on the 19th of November and i can honestly say that this hotel is first rate. The staff, appearance and look of the hotel is brillant. The room are excellent the bed were so comfortable and the bath was great. I would recommend this hotel to anyone without a doubt.

Not Bad

My wife & i stayed for 2 nights. Although nothing flash it serves its purpose. The original room we were told to go to hadn't been cleaned yet, but the staff quickly found us another room which had been cleaned. The rooms are very small but if your looking to stay for a night or two then room size isn't an issue. Can't beat the location either!

London....fabulous if you can afford it!

by Maryimelda

"First impressions"

I was on my second trip to Europe before I got to see London. Up till then I hadn't really thought much about it as I was too busy seeing all those places that I had "always wanted to see".
For some reason, unknown even to me, I had always expected London to be grey and gloomy not to mention a bit grimy, so of course I was more than pleasantly surprised to find a lovely, well ordered city, which that day was crowned by a glorious blue, sunny sky. It was fabulous and my only regret was that I had not allowed myself as much time there as I would have liked. However, I simply resorted to my usual travel policy that states quite categorically that "anything you don't do or see this time, can be done and seen next time".

"Return visit"

In keeping with my aforementioned policy I returned to London twice on my European holiday in 2007. Firstly, as a quick overnighter on our way to Ireland. This was when we stayed at the Best Western Mostyn Hotel near Oxford Street (see tip). since we were there for less than 24 hours, we used the time to do some shopping since we were so well located. It was a relaxed stay, which we enjoyed after having just completed a whistle stop tour around, France, Italy, Germany, Czech Rep., and Austria. We had left Palermo in Sicily very early that morning and had to be at Heathrow very early the next morning for our flight to Dublin, so we made use of the time to just catch our breath and recharge the batteries. We didn't even take any pictures.

"A big blot on the copybook"

Travelling is an adventure and a big part of that adventure is having things go wrong. Our return trip to London on our way back from Ireland in 2007 was an unmitigated disaster for the most part. See my home page for the gory details and see my hotel tips not only for a good tip about the Best Western Mostyn Hotel but for a warning about another nowhere near so nice hotel in Earls Court. This was our last port of call before flying home to Australia and I guess if I had to find something good about the experience (apart from a day trip to Belgium and the Krispy Kreme Doughnut and Hot Mocha at Harrod's) I would have to say that at least it made me feel better about my holiday being at an end. I was sure glad to see Brisbane. But although, it might take me a while to get up the courage to return to London, I daresay that the day will come when all will be forgiven and I will go back. I can only hope that the exchange rates between the Australian Dollar and the GBP may have improved by then as it really is a terribly expensive place.

Hotel in Central London

by JPGoncalves

Hello all, I am going for a weekend in London on the 23rd of November and I am searching for a hotel to book in central London, does anyone knows one near Oxford str. or Picaddily affordable (100/150 Euros)?
Thanks,
Pedro

by hellojnewman

The Regent Palace Hotel, about 50 yards from Picadilly Square. Not sure on the price but believe it is in your budget.

by mad4travel

You could try travellodge or premier travel inns

www.travelodge.co.uk
www.premierinn.com

or you could look for last minute discounts on www.wotif.com

by Maryimelda

This one was rather good and definitely in your price range. The location which is one very short block from Oxford Street was fabulous:

Best Western Mostyn Hotel
4 Bryanston St, Near Oxford Street, Westminster, Marble Arch, W1H 7BY London
Book through Bookings.com

by Mariajoy

The Regents Palace Hotel closed down almost two years ago.

The Gresham Hotel in Bloomsbury is central, and cheap at £40 a night for a single room - but the reviews don't look too good! Depends what you want though.

by JPGoncalves

thank you all, I booked through a freind of mine in Picadilly hostel... thank you all once again for the feedback, any questions about Portugal feel free to ask:)
Cheers