My Place

Satisfaction Terrible

Rated 24% lower than similarly priced 3 star hotels

• DAO's Profile Photo

A GOOD PLACE

I suppose you really could call this hotel 'my place'. I have stayed here 3 times which is quite a record for my hotel stay in London. The first time I stayed here I was greeted by the friendly staff and told to take the elevator to the top floor. I had asked for a quiet room facing away from the street. I duly arrived in my reasonably sized room that looked a little dated, but fine. I had a comfortable bed tucked right up to the open window overlooking the hotels garden. Yes, I knew I was in for a quiet night. In fact I have always had a good night's sleep here at My place. For that reason alone I definitely rate this hotel as one of the top 'budget' hotels in London. The rest of my room was some old furniture and a modern bathroom. The bathroom had a bath, shower, toiletries, good water pressure and good mirrors. Not the largest in the world, but it does the trick.

Outside in the gardens you can sit in the sunshine in warmer months. They have large BBQ Grills, but seem to be reserved for parties. Just inside from the garden is the bar and breakfast area along with the library of donated books. It’s a great place to have a quiet beer and read a newspaper. The whole hotel is peaceful and I find this a very hard to find quality for business stays in London.

They also have a great location. They are on a relatively quiet side street practically at the doorstep of the Earls Court Tube station and Earls Court Exhibition Centre. There are loads of great restaurants nearby with dinner specials you can book on the Toptable website. There are also a few bad ones. You also have many grocery stores, banks, a main Post Office, banks, currency exchange bureaus and lots of other entertaining things to do nearby. My Place is a great choice.

I always book in advance and ask for a quiet room at the top facing the garden. They have always provided just that for my stays.

Unique Quality:

HOTEL OVERVIEW:
    • 50 rooms on 6 floors – all are en-suite and there is an elevator
    • Large garden to sit or have a drink in
    • Breakfast is included
    • Free tea & coffee anytime in the restaurant/lounge
    • Free Wi-Fi in common areas
    • Excellent location
    • Guest library
    • Nightclub can be rented (only)
    • 24 hour room service
    • Quiet

• No car parking and nearby is a 4 hour maximum stay

ROOMS:
    • Standard Single:
    - Showers, some with a bath and toiletries
    - Fan (no air-conditioning, but rooms stay cool)
    - Iron/board or trouser press, hairdryer and safe
    - Good sized refrigerator

• Standard Triple
    - 3 Single beds

Directions:
    TUBE:
    Earls Court (District, Piccadilly lines)
    BUS:
    74 (Putney-Earls Court-Baker St)
    C1 (Victoria-Earls Court-White City)
    C3 (Earls Court-Clapham Junction)

• benazer's Profile Photo

Very expensive

If you get to know me then I may invite you to stay with me at my house ,free.
    otherwise very expensive in London.
    Away from the touristic unbeaten path,deep south London,the real city.

Unique Quality: Very quite district,not far from shops and markets , very near where Charlie Chaplin was born,15 minutes leusirely walk from theTower bridge. Old Kent road a stone throws away,

More about My Place

I found some lovely Bed and...

by Krystynn

I found some lovely Bed and Breakfast joints (B&Bs) around the Cromwell Road area (just around the corner from Gloucester tube station). It's slightly more expensive than those found in the Oxford Street/ Victoria Station area. But hey, you can't beat this fantastic locality where just a few hops away is the fabled Knightsbridge.

Another cool B& B joint I'd like to recommend is the Penn Club at: 21 Bedford Place, London, WC1B 5JH.

This is a fabulous place located in the heart of Bloomsbury. The rooms are clean if not exceptionally cozy; the staff are all very friendly and the breakfasts good and filling.

For more info on Penn Club and to check on the latest rates, please contact: 0171-636-4718.

Back the Bid 2012

by MedioLatino

London is bidding for the 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games, that is why you can see these "Back the Bid" ads all over the place!

London and the people/companies/etc. are really seem to be getting together to win!

London's an expensive place...

by Angel_Dust

London's an expensive place relative to a lot of places, but if you know where to go, you'll find great deals! The markets are cool to go to, and some stores on Oxford St. have relatively reasonable priced merchandise!

Scotland

by jackiehob

"Inverness"

A pretty place

"Hotel we stayed in"

Kingsmills Hotel.

A wonderful old mansion now a hotel.

Typically English with afternoon tea in the conservatory, dressing for dinner, (dressing for breakfast and lunch too) service was great as were the staff in general.

"Irish Pub Inverness"

The brown/red building on the right near bridge is an Irish Pub with the best fish and chips.

"Jackie near Loch Ness"

My first falling snow.

"Michael Loch Ness"

"Urquhart Castle on Loch Ness"

"Mall in centre of Inverness"

Bought the most comfortable boots I have ever had in my life there.

They enabled me to walk and walk without a problem, lost some weight thanks to those boots.

"Mall again"

"Driving in Inverness"

Ten Trinity Place - LondonTen Trinity Place - London

All Souls, Langham Place, LondonAll Souls, Langham Place, London

central hotel

by SORHUS

can anyon suggest a central hotel with bathroom not too expensive

Re: central hotel

by stevo28

hi there the best one i think is in picadilly circus (in the middle of everything!) its called the regents place hotel, about £45 standerd room rate! just type in search "regents place hotel" picadilly circus, you may get a discount from a company like lastminute.com or another like that, stevo........

Re: Re: central hotel

by DUNK67

just dropping in, im looking for 1 myself

Re: Re: central hotel

by Emmjai

No own bathroom in Regents Palace. My favourite is IBIS next to Euston Station, about 70 pounds per night.

Re: central hotel

by SarahElaine77

Morgan Hotel on Bloomsbury Ave. Its about 100 pounds a nigth and fills up quickly. You can find in in Time Out London, either the book or the website.

Comments