Myhotel Bloomsbury

Orbitz.com Agoda.com Travelocity

Costs 37% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• nomadig's Profile Photo

Miniscule boutique rooms

MyHotel Bloomsbury is a small boutique hotel located near Tottenham Court Road tube station. The location couldn't be much better for shopping, as Oxford street and Covent Garden are almost around the corner. The hotel is still surprisingly quiet, as it faces to a small street.

However, the room that I got reminded me of the cheap hotels at Earl's Court; small room, a bit cold and worn from here and there. Usually single rooms in boutique hotels have at least queen bed, but my bed was mere 80cm wide. Fortunately that left some room in the middle of the room. I heard from my colleagues that their room was even smaller than mine -- they had just enough space for a chair in between the bed and the desk. Shame that the cost was more than £100 per night.

The restroom was also cramped and bigger people might strain a limb when entering the shower. Otherwise, the hotel is nice, staff is friendly and the breakfast is good. So, if you are not too claustrophobic, this might be a good place for you in London.

More about Myhotel Bloomsbury

Outstanding hotel !!!

by TripAdvisor Member geralddavies

Top drawer hotel - best I have stayed in London and came highly recommended by friends who are complete devotees.
I stayed for 2 nights and had a great time. The hotel is very funky and is excellent value for money. Drinking in the bar next to Natalie Imbruglia no less (Beth from neighbours) and surrounded by the beautiful people. Everyone is very friendly as well - no attitude or arrogance, which makes a change in trendy gaffs like this. When you next visit London make a point of visiting!

Finally, a hotel that really cares about you!

From visiting the well laid out website to making the booking to telling them what my preferences are to turning up to find my room prepared just as I had requested it - it was all seemless! What a great experience. Without overdoing it, the staff quietly anticipated my every need. The only reason not to come back on my next stay in London would be to check out if myhotel Chelsea also would live up to my now very high expectations of myhotels.

Loved the energy and it's hip

Justed arrived from australia after 24 hours of travelling... on entering the hotel, I sensed a great calm.... The energy was great! My room was excellent.. It seemed renovated... Had a huge plazma TV screen on the wall and wirless connection for my laptop... Anyway, ask for room 404 when you book with them. This is a great hotel!

Excellent value at Easter rates

I took advantage of the low Easter rates here and hence found this excellent value for money. Stayed in a standard double which was small but fine for one person. The bed was very comfortable and the room had a flat screen TV, tea making facilities, bottled water & small desk. There was no inroom safe. The bathroom was fine with bathrobe & excellent Aveda products. I asked for a room away from Tottenham Court road, a very busy road, to limit the traffic noise. The room service menu has a good selection of dishes and there is a trendy bar & a Yo Sushi downstairs. You can also take advantage of the library downstairs to relax, surf the web or stock up on supplies of bottled water, tea/coffee and energy bars. There is a small gym with cardoiovascular machines & free weights. The service is excellent. The staff are very friendly and natural. The location is very central & good if you want to be near Oxford St shopping and the theatre district. I would definitely return here if I could get a £99 rate again.

Excellent Location, Fantastic staff, Shame about the price

The low figure I have put here is perhaps a little unfair but read the review and hopefully you'll see the problem.

Firstly the location. This is excellent, especially if you like a bit of retail therapy. It's just off of Tottenham Court Road, about 100 yards from the Tube and the Dominion Theatre. For those that don't know, Tottenham Court road is the "gadget" and "technology" centre of London. If you want the latest hi-tech kit at the lowest prices this is tha place to be. It's also only 100 yards from Oxford Street, which everyone has heard of.

Despite it's proximity the hotel is surprisingly quiet (despite other reviews) for a London Hotel. The road directly outside is a one-way street and is pretty minor so you get relatively little traffic. The biggest problem with noise I found came from inside the hotel. I don't know if we were over some kind of sevice elevator or something (we were quite some way from the standard lifts) but from about 10pm until about 1am there were some VERY loud thumps and mechanical sounds that were very anoying. This is part of the reason for the low mark.

As it was our anniversary they kindly upgraded us to a superior room. Well, I'd hate to see a standard room. You must bear in mind that the decor of this hotel is minimalist chique. To me that just means they don't want to spend money on furniture. Not reallt my taste. The bathroom was on par with the cheapest hotels I have ever stayed in, although the towels were enormous and they did supply bath robes. The room was also very small (although extremely high) and to me the furniture looked cheap. It had a nice LCD TV but not all of the channels worked and the picture was poor. There was also a nice stereo and tea and coffee making facilites but that was about it. We had a fantastic view of the fire escape and air conditioning unit on the building opposite, which was a bit disapointing for a "superior" room. The windows from the building opposite also looked right down onto or bed which was a bit off-putting but then this is London. On the positive side, the bed was very comfy.

Now onto a couple of more good points. The staff and the food. The staff were VERY friendly and VERY helpful. To give you an example; we asked for directions to a concert venue called the "mean fiddler". The guy on reception looked it up on the internet for us and then drew on a map showing us how to get there. We were about 50 yards from the hotel when I was tapped on the shoulder by the receptionist who said he'd found a more detailed map and pointed us to exactly where the building was. That certainly deserves praise.

In the morning we had breakfast (included in our deal) and I can honestly say it was the best full-english I have ever had. Being English and 38 years old you can imagine that I have had a few but their's was exceptional. I can only guess they use very high quality produce. Again the service at breakfast was excellent.

I was shocked, however, when I left to see the "standard" rate for the room we had. It was close to £400 !! We paid about £130 which, considering it was central London was only marginally over-priced.

To sum up:

Excellent Location
Fantastic Staff
Good food
Massively Overpriced if you pay the full rate
Don't expect anything more than an average room. Good for business accomodation, not so good for a romantic break.
Can get a bit noisey at night (not traffic noise).

Would I stay there again. To be honest, probably not....I just don't think I am "hip" enough.

Great Hotel !

by TripAdvisor Member ANON5000

Stayed at MyHotel over the Bank Holiday and had a wonderful time. Hotel is very hip and cutting edge with hi tek gym and library kitted out with free internet PC's. Rooms are not huge but have sony cd/radio's and plasma's and beds are huge. Breakfast is extensive and can be served in room whcih was included in our rate. Thet are opening a hotel in Brighton that we hope to stay in when finished.

Good Vibes but they need to sort out their rooms.

by TripAdvisor Member isabelle304

After reading reviews on this site, I booked myself into Myhotel via a Lastminute rate of £147 per night including breakfast for a double room.

I agree with other reviewers in that the location of the hotel is excellent, the service friendly and efficient, the general atmosphere and vibes good, and the breakfast plentiful and varied.

In my view however, what lets the hotel down are the rooms themselves. My double room was fairly small but that was not the problem. The problem was that the furniture and furnishings did feel cheap, the bathroom was ordinary, and somehow I doubt that a bed facing a large expanse of blank wall falls within good feng shui principles (I am only mentioning feng shui because apparently it was used in designing the hotel interior). Wear and tear was visible (bedside lamp falling off the wall, damaged double glazing, broken slats on the wooden blind, stains on the carpet). There was tea and coffee making facilities but no minibar or goodies box (bad news for anyone craving a cold drink or snack/chocolate bar at 2am!). Flat screen TV was good but placed in an awkward position (on the side wall, so that when lying in bed I had to twist my body completely to watch it). Wireless broadband worked fine, but only half-way through the registration process did you actually find out the prices (£10 for one hour's use during a 24-hour period - other choices also available).

On the plus side, the floor was quiet and there was a peaceful quality to the atmosphere. What was provided was fine (Aveda toiletries, bathrobes, free Guardian/Observer paper, Tazo tea).

Bottom line: would I stay there again? Definitely not at that price. I MIGHT try out Myhotel Chelsea next time I am in London, but it won't come at the top of my "to-try" list.

Would definately go back again!

This hotel is situated in a prime location in London, with only a short distance to walk to the nearest tube station. My first impressions of Myhotel were excelled by the really friendly and helpful staff at checkin and any questions I had about the local area and things to see and do were quickly and sufficiently answered.
My room was an ideal size and very comfortable. The decor generally of the hotel is impressive and modern.
The bar is 'upbeat' and trendy and again, staff are very polite. I really enjoyed the ambience in the bar as it was small and 'cosey'.
The small gym and internet access is also a bonus for what seemed like an excellent price for such an attractive City centre hotel.
I would definately return to the hotel when visiting London again and would recommend it to friends and family.

Ambassador Hotel Bloomsbury- Upper Woburn Place,

by virtuall_travelerr

Hello all

Anyone knows anything about this hotel? how good is it, and the location..

if anyone has other suggestions on good cheap accomodation, please do!

Best!
VT

by doodybee

Shakepseare Hotel Norfolk Square Paddington
Cheap but clean and near the mainline & tube & bus services

by rexvaughan

Another one we enjoyed was Hyde Park Radnor. Nice rooms, friendly and helpful staff, full English breakfast for about L100 for 2. 5 min walk from Paddington Station and tube stop.

by suvanki

Hi, I stayed at another Ambassador hotel (Collingham Rd Kensington), Nov 06, which was reasonably priced and central. I booked it through www.Venere.com- which I've always been satisfied with, when looking for accommodation in Europe. (As well as hotel info, there are reviews and ratings from those who've stayed there)
If you want info and photos on this hotel(and a few others) please check out my London page Hotels and Accommodation.

How long are you planning to stay in London, Budget etc?
Hope this is of some help to you. Please feel free to contact me for more information.
Best Wishes,