NH Kensington London

Costs 41% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about NH Kensington London

Pleasant Last Minute Find

by TripAdvisor Member jdr27

Got bumped from a neighboring hotel that had overbooked (K+K George) to the NH Kensington during a very busy time in London so felt fortunate to have the room. While not as slick as the K+K George, it was comfortable enough and clean. Despite being on a very busy street (Cromwell Road) the rooms that face the back are surprisingly quiet. Nothing memorable here but perfectly adequate for a two night stay in London.

Good value, clean and well located.

by TripAdvisor Member garybelan

I have stayed at other NH hotels and have found them to be well-run and good value. The NH Kensington is no exception. 5 minutes walk from Earls Court tube - even with a large suitcase. Lots of cafes and restaurants nearby.
At check-in I was given the option of upgrading to an Executive room for GBP25. I was told it was a larger room at the rear of the hotel overlooking the garden/courtyard and included 15 minutes internet access. Since I was only staying one night I didn't bother.
I was pleased with the room I got: larger than I expected, well designed and a good bathroom.
Despite being on very busy Cromwell Road it was very quiet.
Next morning I asked for a late check-out (2pm instead of 12pm). I was told this would be no problem.
At check-out I realised that I had been charged GBP20 for this privilege. When I objected (I had not been told there would be a fee for late check-out) the charge was wiped.

Too expensive

by TripAdvisor Member cwgordon

The travel agency that my company uses could not get me into my usual hotel in London earlier this week. Apparantly Wimbledon being on had something to do with no hotel rooms in London! SO I found myself checking into the NH Kensington with a nice Spanish girl doing all the admin things. The room was nicely furnished and clean. The bathroom was excellent especially the shower! A nice selection of accessories were provided which is a nice touch.

In general I cannot fault the hotel apart from the prices. I went out to dinner, wish I had gone further afield as the restaurants along the road from the hotel are all tourist traps selling below average quality of food and above average prices. So I came back to the hotel and wishing a nightcap spotted a nice 10 year old Glenmorangie whisky on the shelf behind the bar. Asking the price I nearly had a heart attack - £11 for 50ml. I told the barman he had to be joking and then he noticed his mistake, it was in fact only £9 for a nip of whisky. I almost wept - a full bottle costs about £25 in the shops. I decided not to part with my hard earned cash after all.

Breakfast was a non-event. If I want to do self service I can do that at home but to pay £17 for the privelege of scraping bacon apart, finding non-congealed beans, and making my own coffee and toast is a scandal.

I mentioned this to the receptionist when I checked out but what did she care? She made all the right noises but powerless to do anything about it.

My advice? Don't pay for breakfast, go to a coffee shop and have someone serve you!

No Suprises!

by TripAdvisor Member sowfdog1

I thought this hotel was suberb! I booked a superior double here when I was going to a concert at the royal albert hall and thought I'd splash out on a hotel as I have never stayed in a 4* before! I read reviews and looked at pictures beforehand and the hotel was just like I'd read and exactly like the pictures, which is good because some hotels look nothing like the glamourised pictures they advertise with. As part of a young couple, staying in London for the first time I didnt know what to expect but was delighted......

The thing that stands out the most is the friendly staff. they greeted us walking to our room, saying hello, and was very keen to help us with booking taxis etc. A waiter/barman in the hotel was ever so friendly and we had a conversation with him for more than 10 minutes! I was impressed!!

The room was nice, spacious, clean, etc! there was a nice book telling us about facilities etc, the bathroom was big and shower was nice! There was a nice big mirror and television was cool! Bed was big, seating area was nice etcetcetc! The hotel had a sauna but we didnt use it. One complaint would be with the Pillowzzz service as the website boasts about this facility were you can choose your fave pillow to sleep with. i requested 2 types of pillows, one for me and one for my boyfriend and they only brought us one and i have no idea which one it was. There were pillows already on the bed but i just think because they highlight this facility i thought it would be better and you would know which pillow you had. Only a little complaint but i was looking forward to this haha!. . .

i am no expert on hotels or whatever but if you are looking to go for a short break in a good location in an attractive building with helpful staff and nice rooms i would recommend the NH Kensington. Be warned it is not a walk away from the Albert Hall like i had read though and we had to take a taxi!!!!!!

The Huntingdons restaurant is ok but we ate there because we were in a rush!

We didnt pay out for the £17 a head breakfast either so dont know what that is like...

I couldnt tel you whether its worth the money as i havnt stayed in a hotel in this price range before!
But it is really nice :) :) :) :) See photos.!

NH can it stand for Not Helpful ?

by TripAdvisor Member f2s

Second visit.
My complaint about bedroom door excess slamming by staff has not changed or been resolved by management.
I joined the hotel group points scheme. But despite asking twice was denied points after a desk mix up last visit so not happy.
Breakfast is way too expensive if you do not have it included in room rate.If you do its so bad you should forget about it.A big shame good looking dining room.
Desk staff girls mostly Spanish,approach with caution.
Good free newspaper rack.

Really liked it

by TripAdvisor Member joaninha_braga

Good location, short walk to Earl's Court tube station and also near to bus station with routes to baker street and to victoria. Lots of restaurants nearby , which we recommend italian food zizzi's. 15 minutes walk to kensington Palace & Royal Albert Hall. Friendly staff, modernized and confortable room. Great breakfast!
Strongly recommended.

Nice hotel, very clean, excellent location.

by TripAdvisor Member SALONIKAMITS

Modern, very clean and quiet hotel.
Friendly staff.
Nice, modernized and comfortable room (large for London).
Great breakfast.

5 minutes walk from Earls Court tube.

Lots of cafes and restaurants nearby

Stay here!!

by TripAdvisor Member quackimaduck

In short - MODERN ROOMS,
SPOTLESSLY CLEAN,
12 NOON CHECK OUT,
WOULD STAY AGAIN.
Professional hairdryer, flatscreen tv, seating area, heated mirror, mood light above bath, comfy bed, mini bar, 24 hour room service, choice of pillows, power shower + good complimentary toiletries.

In full -
Booked this on lastminute.com for one night whilst in London to see Les Miserables. £105 for a double room, room only, which is reasonable for a hotel of this standard compared with others in london.

The hotel is slightly out of the main centre of london, a short walk along the road from earl's court underground station - however, this station is still in zone one (at the very edge) and the hotel is easy to find from the station. There is a somerfield, sainsburys, mcdonalds, nandos etc on the way along. The underground is a quick and easy way to get around london, although a single ticket is expensive at £4 - would recommend buying day ticket at £6.10 (or cheaper with a national railcard).

On arrival we were asked to pay a £40 deposit (not required if credit card details are given), which was returned in full the following day - expected to pay some sort of deposit anyway as with most chain hotels.

Was very pleased with our room (305), not a speck of dust in sight. Bathroom had nice touches such as a blue mood light above the bath, toiletries (inc toothbrush - luckily, as my bf forgot his!!), great shower, and - as mentioned in a previous review, the mirror is heated to prevent it steaming up.

We didn't use the minibar for fear of being charged a fortune!! But this was well stocked with pringles, m&ms, water, wine, smoothies, soft drinks. Nor did we have breakfast in the hotel - rather expensive at £17pp. Instead, took full advantage of 12 noon check out time.

A very pleasant stay.

TIP - we flew to stansted airport with ryanair. this is about 40 miles outside of london, and the cheapest way to get to the city centre is on the terravision bus to victoria station - around £14 return. to get to the hotel, simply take the underground from victoria to earl's court.

Excellent modern hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Ms_AC

I recently stayed at this hotel for business and compared to the other hotels in London I found this excellent. The staff were extremely helpful, the rooms tastefully decorated and despite the busy location my room was extremely quiet. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Good hotel

by TripAdvisor Member AmsterdamSquirrel

If you have a fair at Earls Court, than this is a nice hotel. Good service and nice clean rooms. 5 minute walk from Earls Court tube station. Breakfast was ok, as well as roomservice.

Comments