3 Kingdom Street, Sheldon Square, London, W2 6BD, United Kingdom

Travelocity Novotel Booking.com

Costs 25% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Bennie1958's Profile Photo

Novotel Paddington

Only stayed for one night en route to the USA - we arrived too early to check inn after an overnight flight from South Africa and the staff was most helpfull in making a room avialble for us to shower and leave our luggage - Food was very good as well

Unique Quality: Close to Paddington Station , friendly staff

Directions: Central

More about Novotel London Paddington

Beautiful modern fresh hotel

by TripAdvisor Member charibelle

I have just returned from a wonderful 2nd stay with my boyfriend at the Novotel Paddington hotel. We stayed in an Exectutive room on the 10th floor for a very reasonable price. The room was very spacious with a sofa and pull-put desk and had breathtaking views of the local Paddington area.

Our room had so many positive aspects - a queen size bed, flat screen HD TV, coffee machine and my personal favourite - a Bose sound dock for my ipod. Dressing gowns, slippers and luxurious toiletries were an added bonus! The bathroom was small but exceptionally clean and lots of towels on offer.

The staff were very welcoming and friendly and always made sure we were comfortable during our stay.

I feel it is unfair that some of the reviews marked the hotel down due to its location, but a good sense of direction is needed. After leaving the train/tube, leave via the Hammersmith and City line and follow until you reach a new modern area, where you pass a Sainsburys. You will reach a slight slope and follow up where you will reach Novotel.

Convenient, Clean and Brand New

by TripAdvisor Member EYWT

The location of the hotel is very convenient, just 15min by Heathrow Express or 30min by Heathrow Connect from the airport. From the hotel, you can reach the heart of London within 20min by Tube. However, it is a bit difficult to find the hotel for the first time. Adding more signs indicating the walking direction from the Paddington train station would be better.

The hotel was newly opened. It is of modern style and with very clean rooms.

Recommended - good experience but some minor niggles

by TripAdvisor Member smith490

We arrived at the hotel to find that our booking for a twin room had not registered (despite booking through hotel website). This was handled well and we were given an upgrade to an executive room with a double bed and a sofa bed. The room was clean, modern and there was no noise at all from road and railway outside. Minor niggles: not enough coat hooks, seperate toilet and bathroom but no sink / bin in toilet, room a bit warm and air-con a bit feeble.
Breakfast was very good - lots of choice and a nice setting. On Sundays breakfast is served until 12. Good service - all the staff were friendly and helpful.
The pool was a bit disappointing as there were no toilets and the only shower cubicle was out of order (meaning going back to room for a proper shower). Again minor niggles: no bin in changing room to dispose of tissues (though tissues provided) and no bag for wet swimming costume.
Free internet access in the reception area was handy.
Hotel was very convenient for Paddington Station and underground (once you know the shortcut by the canal).
Overall, we would recommend this hotel and would stay there again.

Que du bonheur

by TripAdvisor Member momMarseille

Great value!!!!i went there with my niece and my mun, everything was ok, i had a "wintersale" price through their website (which was very interesting for 3 people!) nice little swimming pool with sauna and hammam, good breakfast with a lot of choice, near Paddington station, a bit difficult to find(there only one way to access to the hotel)
Very clean and quiet.

Modern hotel, nothing too luxurious but good location

by TripAdvisor Member mhclm

We liked the idea that this is a new hotel, so everything was modern and up to date. The room was somewhat small, but ok. We stayed here for 5 nights and had a great room rate (for London) including breakfast. The breakfast was very nice, very fresh and plenty of variety. The service throughout the hotel was ok, but not great.
We liked the location, it was pretty close to everything and a short safe walk from Paddington station. Print out the instructions from the hotel's website, otherwise you might have a struggle. You have so many options from there to use public transport, it's great!
We loved the free 20 mins. use of internet in the lobby, handy to check your emails etc, although we would like to see free wifi throughout hotel.
All in all considering the location and the fact everything is so new and modern we liked it and would stay there again.

More suited for business travelers

by TripAdvisor Member raindropsonroses

Our family of three stayed here in early January 2009. The room was new and modern, and we had a double bed and a large sofa bed, which was very comfortable. The bathroom had a separate shower and bath which was very nice. Breakfast was lovely with a wide range of selections. There were also two computers in the lobby for guests to use the internet for free.

The hotel was not too hard to find - we just followed the directions posted here on tripadvisor. The hotel is 5 minutes away from the Paddington tube station (Bakerloo line). It is an 8 minute walk from the hotel to get to the Circle line. It was really convenient to get to Heathrow airport on our last day in London. We just walked down to Paddington station and caught the Heathrow Express, which runs every 15 minutes. The train ride only takes 15 minutes.

The hotel is situated in a business area, which felt strange as we were there for a holiday. There was a supermarket nearby which was handy.

I probably wouldn't recommend the hotel for tourists. But I think it would suit business travelers.

Great hotel

by TripAdvisor Member blommer79

Thank to the other reviews, we found the hotel easily : if you take the hammersmith line, just turn left after the touch out reader then left at the canal and left again after the bridge (direction sheldon square, kingdom street) after if other lines, you have to go to the end of the platform 8 (follow the pink line on the floor). 4 tube lines are reachable within 10 minutes by feet. As the area is mainly devote to business, the area is quite "dead" on weekend but it is safe at night (seems that security guards are turning around on regular base)

The room was spotless and big but missed some storage place if you stay a long time. The bathroom has a shower and a bath. Even surrounded by busy road and train station, it was really calm.

The breakfast was great : pastries to bread, sausages to beans, yogourt to cheese, fresh fruits to fruit juices, cereals (you can choose what you want to put in it)

Arriving at 11 am, we were allowed to checkin : if not possible they store your luggage for free (we used it when we leaved).

The staff was very helpful.

You can't ask more for 230 euros for 3 nights for 2 persons breakfast included in London.

Great time had by all

by TripAdvisor Member FamilyHill

We booked this hotel through their very good website, paid £297.00 for a 3 night stay for myself, my husband and 7 year old son. Our room was on the 3rd floor, great shower and bath, comfy beds, very clean and new. Excellent breakfast, with lots of choices. The best thing about this hotel is it's location as our train arrived in Paddington we could be at the hotel in 10 minutes, it's now signed and easy to find. There are a few places to eat and a Sainsbury's Local nearby. Avoid Zizzi, although it's a chain and normally ok this one is below standard. Only 1 bad thing about the Novotel are the bar prices (which I suppose is normal for London) £3.80 a pint!! All in all staff pleasant and helpful.

Good business hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Filippo75

It's a good business hotel, located in a new business center just behind Paddington station. Rooms are spacious and clean.
The area is probably a bit outside the usual touristic paths, but in a 5 minutes walk you can reach Paddington Station, and take the tube to the center.
It's a good choice if you go to London for business, but since I had many bad experiences with London hotels in the past, I'd consider it also for brief vacations and weekends.

ultramodern, ultraclean, ultracool

LOCATION
The hotel is in a very new development under construction (feb 09). Extremely smart and ultramodern. Walking distance from Paddington. Quite well connected but not really central. Consider some time to go to the city by car. View over other buildings and the station,

TRANSPORT
great if you go by train.
If you drive there, be VERY carefull: you have to gain access to the hotel through a boomgate where there are NO SIGN of the presence of the hotel. I spent half an hour going up and down looking for the hotel. You arrive at the boomgate, you call the porter of the complex (he is not working for the hotel!) and tell him you are going to pick or drop someone at the hotel. No parking inside!

PARKING
you can park overnight to the very expensive paddington station. It's quite a long trip walking. The cost is 25£/day or something like that. However, during the weekend I found a *free* parking slot on a narrow road on the other side of the road after the boomgate.

ROOMS
I got 2 executive rooms that where extremely nice and supermodern, quite large. Toilet and bathroom (separated) were very clean and with an efficient design.

RESTAURANT
Again ultramodern but nice. Excellent fish and cakes but quite expensive. The risotto was very good. Note there are a few restaurants inside the complex, under street level, at the small roundabout you will find if you come by car.
However, the best add-on is the free-expresso machine in any room with capsules included. This was one of the best coffee I run through while in London (note: I'm an Italian and I usually do not appreciate british coffee :))

COST
quite pricey but understandable, except for the parking problem.

PERSONNEL
very friendly and efficient with me. I asked for an additional expresso capsule (there were 3 decaffeinated and 1 dark in the room upon my arrival) and they bring it to me apologising in a matter of minutes.

FACILITIES
other than the great expresso machine, the leisure center and the pool are very very good.

OVERALL
if you like ultramodern, ultraclean things, it is very good.
If you like things old and romantic, this is not the place to go. The place is way too cold in this case.

INTERNET
available but very expensive

The Admiralty Arch - LondonThe Admiralty Arch - London

Interior (1)Interior (1)

The Long CanalThe Long Canal

High heels, smart jacket (and map in hand)High heels, smart jacket (and map in hand)

Rental Cell Phones in London/England

by HuskyJim

We will be traveling to London next week, and want to have at least 2 cell phones amongst our group of eight.

Any recommendations about where to find them? What are the expected rates?

Thanks,
Jim

by tekiegirl

You could try one of the companies below to rent a phone, or you could buy a pay-as-you-go sim card from any phone shop on the high street.

Some companies are even giving sim cards away for free. Others are very cheap. Check the current deals, e.g. 'Top up £10 and get another £10 free', as there are lots about at the moment. Ask in any phone shop.

You would need an unlocked phone, or get a sim from the same company as you use in your own country, e.g. Orange, T-Mobile, O2. I did this when I visited Turkey a few years ago.

Rental companies:

by footstool

I'm an American who just visited Paris in February. I used callineurope and for 50USD, I got a cheap-ass Motorola, with SIM already installed, including shipping. The phoneset is mine to keep. I am charged via credit card. 39cents/minute. I do not recall all the details, of course, and I did use the phone sparingly, mainly for in-country calls. If I'd have used my I-Phone, I'd have paid 1.29USD/minute for calls, and an AStronomical rate for downloading graphics (maps) via satellite. Print out all maps at home before you leave!

by film

Wallmart took over the ASDA supermarket chain in the UK a few years back. Last year they launched their own mobile phone business. It is just about the best deal on the market in the UK at the moment. The rates charged when taking it across europe are also quite reasonable.

The SIM card is free when you buy some call credits. A bargain basement GSM phone costs about £10-£20.

Tesco, another big supermarket chain, also sell SIM cards and phones.

Hope this helps.